Snow Angel Part 2

Printer-friendly version

Anika couldn’t believe the disarray of everything. She had sent out memo’s and instructions to everyone on what she wanted done for this event. She looks at the security assignments and added a few extra people and changed where they were supposed to be assigned. Her chief of security should go through one of Jack’s training classes. The man uses to be a New York City police officer before he was forced to retire do to his weight problem. He had a good mind for police work and solved a lot of cases, but his weight was a contributing factor to his force retirement. The other factor was he wouldn’t play the politic games they wanted him to play at the precinct and at City Hall. His second, she knew more about. The woman had tried several times to become a member of SWAT and they refused her each time. The other item that was against her, her wife was an independent fashion designer that had been on Project Runway and did extremely well for herself. She had a small specialized clothing line that she produce for several high end stores and retail stores.

Anika might send Elizabeth to Bart to be trained. She heard he was going to retire because his new wife was almost killed by a former Russian agent that had it in for Bart. He had kidnapped Bart’s wife and held her as hostage while forcing Bart to do what he said. What the Russian agent didn’t know was, Bart had contacted her for help. Between the two of them they took the agent down. Bart’s wife however had almost died and he didn’t want to see that happen again, so he got out of the game. They still stayed in touch with one another.

Her and Bart didn’t want to call their mentors in to help. Cheshire was known to make people disappear permanently like Jack did. However,
Jack made sure you knew it was him. He liked leaving his calling card as a message to back the fuck off or you’ll be next on my list.

Anika presses a button on her phone to have her trusted secretary to come in.

Shigeko comes walking into Ms. Jaager office. She liked working for her and trusted her with her life. She had been a Thailand ladyboy that had been forced into that lifestyle. Because her parents couldn’t afford their medical bills and being the last born of four children they couldn’t afford to raise him. So, he had been forced by circumstance to become a lady boy.

Anika had saved him from an abusive client that loved to torture his playthings till they were broken. She took him under her wing and educated her. Anika had paid for her parent’s medical bills. She was her sponsor here in the states and pulled some strings to get her, her citizenship. She had offered her this job as her personal secretary if she wanted it. She knew what Ms. Jaager’s real job was and would take it to the grave with her.

“You rang, oh marvelous one?” Shigeko had a smile on her face when she said that.

Anika just gives her a dirty look. She hated it when Shigeko called her those names.

Shigeko just smiles as she gets her pad ready. She knew she could get away with it, because she would do anything for this woman that saved her life. She had paid for her operation to make her a complete woman. The man she was going to marry was a popular chef for one of New York’s popular restaurants. She had met him while setting up catering arrangements for another event the company had hosted. Her boyfriend was handling this event as well.

“I need for you to have Elizabeth Sumner sent up here to my office. Also, call Bart and see if he will be available to train Elizabeth for me. If he can, go ahead and find out when and make the necessary arrangements and travel for her stay. Pull the money out of my personal London account. She’ll more than likely stay at Bart’s ranch down in Texas. “

“Should I make arrangements for her wife as well? She might want to go with her?” Shigeko knew Elizabeth’s wife liked to travel and they had been talking about vising Texas.

“Find out if it’s okay with Bart first. The type of training I want Bart to teach her isn’t something they teach at the police academy or in the military unless you are a kite for the CIA or FBI.”

Elizabeth was going to be her special agent here in the company and a few other places she could send her. If nothing else, she might be able to get Elizabeth on a SWAT team. She would hate to lose her, but she knew how desperate Elizabeth wanted to prove herself and grow.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you. Mr. Ratchet called and wanted to know if the special ammo he sent you worked okay? Also, if he could have access to our satellite occasionally, for jobs.”

“Tell him, he can have access to our Freedom satellites. Go ahead and establish an account for him on those satellites. I don’t think Jack will mind. I’ll send him a message later. Is there anything else?”

Shigeko flip a few pages back on her pad to see if she had missed anything and spotted a note about a dish her boyfriend wanted to try at the event. She had tasted it and it was extremely good.

“Chef Brandis wants to know if he could introduce a new dish at the event today? I was his guinea pig for it and it was extremely good. He’s only offering it here at our event.”

Anika had to think about that one. Chef Brandis was a good chef and had been on Triple D’s. Because of his appearance on that show, the restaurant he was part owner of had been doing amazing business.

“Go ahead and tell him yes. Since, you have tasted the food and you’re still alive. I’ll give my approval and if it is a big success, we’ll make it one of our standard event dishes.”

“Thank you Ms. Jaager. I know you’ll be pleased with it.”

Shigeko had been worried she might had said no. Unless, Ms. Jaager tasted the dish herself, she wouldn’t approve it.

“I trust your opinion, Shigeko. Now off you go.” Anika watches as Shigeko walks out with a little playful sway in her hips.

Anika just laughs at her antics. Shigeko knew she was bi-sexual and had a thing for oriental women. Her taste in men was different. She liked the farmer/cowboy type of men. The ones that worked the land and made an honest living using their hands. She was currently involved with a man from Wyoming. He had moved to New York to take over his Uncle’s farm in Cambridge, NY. They had met at a rodeo and spent several days and nights with each other. He didn’t know about her other job yet. If they ever decided to get married, she would tell him all about her second job. She wanted to protect him from that world. She had already confessed that she uses to be a male, but secretly had wanted to be a woman. He took it well and understood.

Anika works for a while, before there was a knock on her office door.

“Enter.” Anika looks up from what she was working on to see who it was.

Elizabeth comes walking in wearing the company security uniform. Upper management in each department wore custom tailored uniforms that the company paid for and maintained.

“Elizabeth, it’s good to see you. Come on in and have a seat.” Anika motions to the chairs in front of her desk.

Elizabeth had wonder why Shigeko had wanted her to report to Ms. Jaager’s office. She hopes she isn’t in trouble for telling one of the department heads to get his head out of his ass and follow the security procedures they sent out the other day. Her and her supervisor Harry had been told by Ms. Jaager, that she wanted all employees to start following security procedure’s here at the office and in the R&D research labs.

Once Elizabeth was seated “how’s your morning been?”

“Boring actually. Not much trouble occurs here at the office. I had a few department heads give me an earful when I reminded them that you
had wanted the new security procedures followed. I had to threaten them to either follow them or I’ll report them to you.”

“Did you record their names and departments?”

“Not yet ma’am. I wanted to give them a chance to straighten their butts up.” Elizabeth wanted to be fair to them.

“Make a note in your journal, but don’t write them up unless they don’t do what you ask. I’ll have a talk with them about following company policy. I have an opportunity for you that will challenge you.” Anika presses the security button built into her desk.

“Sometimes, I take particular jobs that require certain skill sets. Recently, there has been an increase of the jobs I have been taking that take me out of the office for a few days. Some of it has been playing body guard for the celebrities and sometimes it has been security details for diplomats. If you’re interested in that type of work and would still like to work here as well. I can arrange it. I have a good friend that can train you to be better than a SWAT officer or a Special Forces person. All the expensive will be picked up by me and all you will have to do is do a few jobs for me. You’ll have the right to turn down these jobs. These can be dangerous jobs and it can put your life in danger, but if you want to help people like you have been telling me and want to grow. This is a once in a lifetime offer from me. Also, what is said in this room stays in this room. No one except four other people will know what is going on. Two of those four are people you have met briefly.”

Elizabeth looks at her boss and couldn’t believe what she was offering and what she was finding out about her. She knew Ms. Jaager had connections and could do things most corporate type couldn’t do, but to have it verified from the horse’s mouth is unusual.

“What type of jobs are we talking about and why me?”

“I can’t go into details about the jobs, but some of the jobs may require you to take out people who are doing very bad things and are getting away with it. Either because they are so well connected or have learned how to use loopholes in our law system to avoid justice or even go to another country to avoid going to jail. Why am I approaching you with this offer?”

Anika gets up from behind her desk and walks around to look at Elizabeth “because you have so much to offer and your talents are being wasted here doing security work. I know your background, Elizabeth. I also know you have been wanting to be a SWAT officer since you were a little girl. I know you tried numerous times when you use to be a patrol officer for NYPD and other cities and got turned down. Now, you could use the skills I’m sending you to learn to join SWAT, but they would be wasted. You would be better than your other officers. Even the ones that have been doing their job for years. You would still have your job here as a cover, but I would use you for jobs I can’t perform myself because of how well known I am. Just think about this offer and let me know if you want it. We’ll discuss this more after that time.”

Anika walks back around to her desk and press the button again.

“Is there anything else you would like to inform me about?”

Elizabeth almost didn’t answer Anika she spoke to her. She was thinking about the offer she just made.

“Yes, ma’am. Lately, one of our IT cold sites have been active. I asked the Chief Information Officer about it, but he told me to forget about it.
He said they were doing some routine upgrades and maintenance on the system. However, when I checked the logs to see who authorized this. There was no signature or paperwork to be found about it.” Elizabeth had been curious why someone would use one of their cold sites.

“You said the CIO said to forget about it and didn’t bother to investigate the matter?” Now Anika was curious.

“Yes, ma’am. He just told me to forget about it.” Elizabeth couldn’t understand why and it was bothering her.

“Okay, I’m authorizing you to do some quiet digging to find out. Don’t take any unauthorized action and report what you find to me.” Anika wanted to find out before Jack came down and started to ask questions.

“Yes ma’am.” Elizabeth gets up and walks out of the office.

up
270 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Getting started!

Hey Ms Dragon,

I like your 'just getting started' and didn't think we'd get another chapter so quickly. You must type at least 120 wpm. Can't wait to see what Liz can do in Texas (my home state). I know that this story is just getting going, but it has so many possible directions. I'm glad to have found your writing.

Almost new fan,

Santacruzman

Some of her stories have

Sadarsa's picture

Some of her stories have caught my eye as well.. and i agree, she's pumping out a LOT of content. That's not always a good thing though, it makes her sloppy with the grammar, and takes away time to do a little research on the topics she's writing about.

For instance I'm sure that any knucklehead with a military background is cringing at all this talk of 'Elite' training, since any common grunt goes through exactly whats described thus far.... and comparing SWAT to Special Forces is like comparing the school yard bully to a mafia street enforcer.

Still, her stories are interesting

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~

Getting better

Jamie Lee's picture

This is the type of story which winds up to the main action taken by the main character. Background about the character(s) makes for an interesting story.

First was the lethal testing of a new type of bullet. Now something under the table is taking place at the company, something which made end a few careers, or lives.

Now Elizabeth is given an opportunity to learn just how tolerant her resolve to undergo training which could actually kill her. Yet make her someone who could make SWAT look like children.

Others have feelings too.