Abandoned Child Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version

Jessie had gotten dressed in a pair of his mother’s clean jeans and slipped on one of her t-shirts because that was all he had with him. When he comes out of the bathroom, his Aunt Mary and Uncle Joe look at him, they couldn’t believe how much he looked like a teenage girl.

Especially his mother when she was his age.

“Jessie, don’t take this wrong, but do you like dressing as a girl?” Mary couldn’t believe how her nephew looked.

Jessie looks at his Aunt and Uncle. He already told Charlie how he felt.

“I don’t mind Aunt Mary, because most people mistake me for a girl. I think I would rather be a girl than be a boy. I don’t know why I feel this way, but inside me it feels right. When I was treated as a boy it felt wrong to me somehow. I tried to be what my father wanted, but I couldn’t.”
Tears were streaming down his face.

“It’s alright Jessie.” Joe holds him and lets him get the tears out of his system. The poor boy has been under a lot of stress and abuse.
Charlie leans over to whisper into Mary’s ear “I think you should let the boy dress as a girl for a while to see how he feels.”

“I plan to.” Mary still had Maggie in her arms.

Jessie finally stops crying and goes back into the bathroom to wash his face. Mary had Maggie all bundled up. She was looking for a carrier or something to put her in.

“Jessie, where’s Maggie’s carrier?” Mary looks at her nephew.

“Dad broke it by throwing it against the wall one day when he stubbed his toes on it.” Jessie had tried to fix it, but it was too damage to be used safely.

Mary just rolls her eyes and couldn’t believe how stupid the man was.

“Well, we’re going to need to go and buy one for her. We can’t legally drive with her like this.”

“Okay, why don’t we take your truck and leave my SUV here, let me grab my laptop and put it in my SUV.” Charlie grabs his laptop and purposely leaves the micro-SD card in the diaper bag so it could be found if someone looks for it in their room while they are gone.

They all go downstairs to the truck, load up to leave.

Hotel:
Unbeknownst to them, a lone motorcycle rider had been parked across the street watching the hotel to see from which room they came: Charlie had sent one of the guys that agreed to help him to watch the hotel for any sign of his son. He had an old picture of him and a picture of his sister-in-law and her husband he had found at the house. He made copies of them and gave one to each of his friends. Eddie takes out his cell out and dials Charles cell phone. He had been enjoying a game of pool at their clubhouse when his phone rang.

He sees the number and answers it.

“Hey Charles, they have left their hotel room, do you want me to search it or do you want to?”

“I’ll search it, I think I know where she might have hidden the card I am looking for.”

“Okay, man. I’ll delay them.”

Eddie hangs up and just watches the hotel. After twenty minutes, Charles pulls up on to him motorcycle.

“Hey, which room did they come out of?”

“Second floor, second door down from the main building.” Eddie had recorded the room number. “Here’s the room number.” Eddie hands the slip of paper to Charles.

“Thanks, let me know if they come back.” Charles goes across the street and picks the lock on the door and goes in.

He notices the gym bag that use to belong to his wife was stuffed with her clothes it. He also notices a bunch of odds and ends that his son brought with him, one of those was a picture of his mother. He sees a few baby bottles, formula and diapers. He finds the diaper bag, empties the contents out on the bed and digs through it to see if the card had been hidden in the one place he didn’t think to look when he searched the house. She could have hidden it in the formula canister and he wouldn’t have thought of looking there.

As he is digging through the contents, he finds the card.

“Yes!” He pockets the card and smashes the picture frame of his wife holding Maggie and her arm around Jessie.

He trashes the room and leaves when he hears his cell phone chirp letting him know he needs to get out of there now. He leaves the hotel by going out the rear entrance. Eddie across the street had already left after spotting the truck coming back.

Mary, Joe, Charlie and Jessie:
Joe drive his truck back into the parking space he had left. They had bought Maggie a car carrier, they had forgotten Maggie’s diaper bag and bought a new one for her while they were out. It was nice and Mary liked it. They had also brought Jessie some new clothes that fitted him better and a new weather coat. He looked cute in the coat, new clothes and shoes. As they were walking back up to the room, Charlie saw that the hotel room had been opened, he stops everyone from going in and peeks in with his gun drawn, Joe had his drawn.

“Looks like he took the bait.” Charles puts his handgun away.

“We better call the police and inform the front desk so we don’t get charged.” Charles pulls out his cell phone and calls the police.

Joe walks down to the front desk to report what happened while they were gone. Charles goes in and removes the hidden camera he had placed when he first arrived at the hotel to watch their stuff when they went out of the room.

“I really hope he was stupid enough to be Charles himself.” Charlie brings the video up from the cloud account he had set-up for the camera.

As he is watching the footage: “and the dumbass of the year award goes to Charles Ridgewood.” He couldn’t believe how stupid Charles was.
He could have worn a mask or something just in case someone saw him.

Joe returns with the manager to show her and sirens could be heard in the distance coming closer.

Miss. Williams couldn’t believe someone would have tried to break into one of the rooms in her hotel, good thing she had cameras installed to cover the balcony. When the police arrive Miss. Williams gave them footage she had and the footage Charlie had.

The police take statements and the video footage. Everyone goes inside and start cleaning up the place and repacking everything.

Edited by: Dave

up
388 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Charles, the father, is an

Charles, the father, is an utter and complete moron. He has this mistaken belief that he is above the law, yet the law is now going to be able to take him down. One of the charges that can be brought against him along with others is FELONY Domestic Abuse property damage.
The reason I say Domestic Abuse is because it is his son and daughter involved; the son rented the room via his Aunts credit card and that alone with make it fall under the domestic abuse laws. You do not necessarily have to physically injure the other party to do the property damage portion of the law. In this case, however it can be established that Charles has in fact injured and abused BOTH of his children and should be arrested and charged for it and very hopefully given a lot more time than a simple one year sentence for it.

Don't Forget

"Daddy" may be a moron, but he seems to have some luck also. Just look at the harebrained shit he's been getting by with. Repeatedly beat his wife, then had her killed, and skates on it. Then he repeatedly beats his son and skates on that. The club moves large quantities of drugs and the police seem clueless. Local police couldn't investigate their assholes looking from the inside.

As the saying goes: He may be a moron, but he's lucky and he has a gun. Dangerous combination.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Mary hit the nail on the head

Jamie Lee's picture

Mary sure called it this time, Charles is stupid. His inability to think beyond now, got him on candid camera. Twice! There's no way he can wiggle out of being charged with breaking and entering, theft, and damaging the room. And with the other evidence they have stored on the Cloud, murder. Charles may have just played his last game of pool.

That man needs taken out of Jessie's life for good. He needs to start a brand new, loving, life with Mary and Joe without worrying about being chased by that psycho.

Others have feelings too.

A thought

Oh but yall missed the best part of this, the little present charlie left on the card; can we say virus. Oh that should be enough to make him very popular with his brothers, I imagine Charles won't be long for this world; bikers don't like their income projects illuminated like that :).