On The Run Part 4

Printer-friendly version

Darit was ready to upchuck his lunch. A storm had rolled in and the boat was bobbing up and down on the water like a roller coaster. He barely made it into a berth with the weather so bad. He gets out and heads to pay for the berth. He was up at the North Carolina and Virginia border. He needed to get fuel. Darit had gotten soaked and took a hot shower below deck. His water supply was alright. He had changed into his little pony nightshirt. Darit fixes himself a sandwich and crawl onto the mattress and listens to the local radio station. According to the weather guy, the next two days was going to be rain and thunderstorms.

Darit looks at the map and decided that Morehead City or Kitty Hawk would be a good place to pull into. He would like Kitty Hawk because of all the tourist, but Morehead city might be better. Darit watches as the rain comes down outside the boat. He lays down with a teddy bear he had bought and hugs it tight to him. He slowly drifts off to sleep while listening to the radio.

When morning comes, it is only drizzling outside. He grabs an apple and a knife and head up onto the deck. He sits on the L shape bench across from the Captain’s seat and watches as the drizzle continues. If it wasn’t for the canopy over his head, he would be getting wet right now. He checks the satellite phone to see if it was fully charged and working. He still wonders should he call the FBI or the NSA. He puts the satellite phone away. He’ll contact them later.

Throughout the day he cleans the boat and when it stops raining for a little while, he tosses his trash away and pay to get his sewage tanks empty. He spends the day basically doing basic maintenance on the boat systems like he read in the owner’s manual. When lunch time rolls around, he makes himself a salad and sit up on the deck under the canopy and watch as the rain comes down. The next time he stops, he’s going to check into getting the covers for his boat. So, it won’t matter if it rains. He can’t believe he has come so far without being caught by the Russian traffickers that brought him here to America. There was that one time they almost spotted him in New Jersey. Once he is done with his salad he goes below deck and clean his dish. He was starting to like living on a boat. He could stay where he was for a while and move on when he wanted too. Darit felt like getting off the boat for a while. He goes down and changes into a pair of slacks and a nice blouse and grab his rain jacket and head up where he signed in to order a cab. As he is standing there he looks around and hopes he is making the right choice.

When the cab arrives Darit gets into it.

“Where to ma’am?” Harry had just started his shift when he got the call.

“Is there a mall nearby?”

“Yes ma’am.”

Harry drives the young girl in the backseat to the nearest mall. When he arrives, he pulls up to the main mall entrance and drop the girl off.

“That will be $15.50 ma’am.”

Darit hands the cab driver twenty dollars “keep the change sir.”

“Thank you, ma’am. Here’s my card if you want a ride home.”

Darit accepts the card. She gets out and watches as he drives away from the mall. Darit walks around enjoying her freedom. He does stop
at a book store and see what books they have. He picks up a few books and one on sailing. Darit moves on to another store and buys a few odds and ends. Darit basically spends three hours enjoying himself. He does some shopping and goes to a movie. By the time he is ready to go back to the boat he was tired. He does stop at a Mexican restaurant and have a nice dinner. He has never had Mexican before and for his first time it tasted good. After dinner, he walks around the mini-mall. He explores a few stores and stops look through a few used movies for sale. His boat didn’t have a television or a DVD player. So, he buys one and calls the cab he arrived in. He’ll spend tomorrow connecting the television and DVD player up. He made sure he bought everything he need to connect it.
Harry shows up and notice the young girl standing with a few packages.

“Did a little bit of shopping I see?” Harry opens the trunk and loads the purchases inside.

“Yes sir. I thought I would spruce up the place.”

“Well, good lucky on that.” Harry closes the trunk as Darit gets into the backseat.

“Back to where I picked you up at?”

Harry looks at Darit in the rear mirror.

“Yes sir.” Darit sits back and watches as Harry takes her back to where he picked her up at.

Once Darit gets back, he starts putting the items he just brought away. He opens the box that has the television in it and reads the
instructions on how to mount it and how to set it up. By eleven o’clock at night he has the television and Blu-ray hooked up. He covers up a yawn as she changes out of his clothes and into his night shirt he wore earlier.

He crawls into bed and falls asleep. He had one more day here and then he was on his way to North Carolina.

The following morning not much goes on except more rain. He has his breakfast up on the top deck like he normally does. As he watches the rain come down he wonders what he should do. He wants to call and have the FBI check those Russian men out. Darit decides to chance it. He’ll be in the Carolina’s tomorrow, so they shouldn’t be able to track him.

He dials 411 for information “I would like to call the FBI please.”

“What city and state?”

“Virginia, Chesapeake.” Darit wonder why the phone doesn’t know where it is.

After a few minutes of holding he is given the number and connected.

“Federal Bureau of Investigation how can we help you?”

“I need to talk to an agent about a human trafficking group handle by a Russian gang.”

“Hold on.” Blair didn’t know what to do with this, but he was going to record everything.

“Go ahead and give me all the details.” Blair has a pen and paper ready.

“Okay,” Darit goes into everything he knows and tells the agent where they might be and how many there was last time he was with them.

The agent asked how she knows all this. In a low quiet voice ‘I use to be controlled by them, but I escape.”

“Where are you?” Blair what’s to meet this person.

“I’m on the water heading down to the Carolina. Darit thinks he just messed up.”

“Look, I know you may be scared, but we’ll need your help. Look, why don’t you call me when your safe, okay?”

“Okay. Goodbye.”

Darit hangs up and hopes she didn’t screw-up.

up
301 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Tense adventure.

I hope that she can avoid the criminals that are looking for her.

She must be doing the Inland Waterway that goes through Chesapeake, Va. I wouldn't want to be more East out on the Ocean. I have been on some of that. It is very pretty. I hope the Russians aren't waiting for her to cross under a bridge along there. It might be better for her to travel in the daylight and bad weather, just to make it hard for them to see.

Hopefully,

The FBI will help and not screw her over.

Made one mistake

wolfjess7's picture

Never contact Federal Buero of Idiots for anything. Talk to DOJ or US Marshals first. I know that sounds bad but you get a better responce out of State Investigation Agencies and the Marshals than the Alphabets. Most are just looking for that next case to make their name on and dont care about the vicitums.

May the peace and happiness of the Goddess keep and protect you
as always your humble outlaw
Jessie Wolf

Feebies

I've been told they don't make a criminal #1 on the 10 most wanted, until they know where they are.

FBI, how may I direct your call?

This gets better and better !
Can't wait for the next chapter, tomorrow?

Karen