Abandoned Child Chapter 9

Printer-friendly version

Jessie watches the land scape as they drove down the interstate. After the police had shown up and took everyone’s statement. Charlie showed them the security footage he had of them breaking into the room and the hotels footage. There was more than enough security footage there to put Charles behind bars. Plus, they had the other information Jessie’s mother died for. He was sending that footage to a FBI agent he knew. Charlie trusted this agent and works with him when he is hired to track down hackers by companies.

Jessie couldn’t believe the clothes his aunt had brought him to wear. His underwear was girls’ panties with little butterflies on them. His shoes came from the girl section at the store. He couldn’t believe how much of a girl he looks now. His aunt had brought him a complete outfit.
While they were out shopping, his aunt had his ears pierce and his hair cut and styled. He was still too thin for his aunt and uncle taste, but they knew once Jessie was eating regularly. He would start getting some meat on his bones.

Charlie had found a Doctor in Texas for Mary and Joe that dealt with gender dysphoria and passed that info along to Mary. Charlie decided he would spend a few days with his friends to make sure Jessie adapted to his new life. He’s come to care for the kid. He doesn’t know of many kids Jessie’s age that would had done what he did for his sister. He saw how Jessie always made sure his sister needs came first before he did anything for himself.

Jessie leans over and checks on his sister. She had fallen asleep as soon as they started moving.

“Aunt Mary, how big is yours and Uncle Joe’s ranch?”

“We own along with some of your uncle’s relatives 18,000 acres. So, you will have plenty of space to play, go horseback riding, fishing and hunting if you want too. You have six cousins and two aunts and uncles that live on the ranch with us.”

“Do you think they will like me?” Jessie was a little worry.

“They are going to spoil you rotten. Among the Native American cultures, you’re special. You’re considered to be two natures. Which means you balance the male and female side of your nature, even though you consider yourself a girl. In the olden days two nature people were shamans among the tribes.”

Jessie thinks about that. He had never really considered the history of other cultures like that. All he learned in school were minor things about Native Americans. How they lived and where different tribes were located and what they did. Some of their cultures and how they help the colonist and what happened to them because the white man became greedy and took their land.

“Aunt Mary, do you think the police will catch my father?”

“Don’t worry Jessie. If the police don’t get him, we’ll get him if he comes to the ranch.” Joe had answered for his wife.

Jessie looks at his Uncle Joe and wonders if he was right. He hopes the police does get his father. Jessie leans his head against the door jam and curls up on the seat. The music that his aunt and uncle was listening to was country. He just listens and enjoys the music and his aunt and uncles company.

They stop for lunch at a mom and pops diner. Jessie orders a barbeque sandwich with fries. He feels sorry for his sister missing out. He watches as his aunt feeds Maggie. Her diaper needed to be changed when they stopped. Jessie had watched his aunt change Maggie’s diaper before they came in to eat.

“Enjoying your lunch Jessie?”

Mary had seen the look on Jessie’s face when he saw the size of the sandwich and how it tasted when he bit into it.

“Yes ma’am.”

It had been served with coleslaw inside the sandwich itself. He had sauce from the sandwich leaking from the corner of his mouth.

“Wipe the corner of your mouth dear.”

“Yes ma’am.”

Jessie wipes the corner of his mouth.

“Looks like the kid is becoming a natural.” Joe looks at his niece.

“I say. Jessie took a big bite out of that sandwich.” Charlie smiles at Jessie.

“Remember Jessie to take smaller bites.” Mary wanted to make sure Jessie could pass as a normal teenage girl.

“Yes ma’am.”

“Come on Mary. The poor kid hasn’t had a decent sandwich before.”

“I know, I just want my niece to have proper manners for a girl.”

Mary just wanted Jessie to be able to pass as a girl, so she doesn’t have any problems.

“Why? You never act like a proper girl. If I remember correctly, you tore into a side of ribs like the Tasmanian devil from Looney Toons.”

Charlie smiles as he teases Mary.

“What, little ole me? If I remember correctly it was you and Joe that made a pig of yourselves at the last pig pickin’”

“What’s a pig pickin’?”

Jessie looks at Charlie and Joe.

“Well is basically a barbeque party. You take a whole pig and roast it either in a hole with coals or on a grill. You cook the meat on inside first and then you flip it and you can make crackling with the skin.”

“Sounds like fun.”

“It is Jessie and when we get home I know your aunts and uncle are going to want to throw one for you.”

Joe had a smile on his face.

“Hopefully, he can survive his aunt’s cooking.”

Charlie winks at him.

“Hey, my cooking is pretty good. Jessie only needs to worry about yours and Joe’s cooking.”

Mary looks over at her niece “don’t listen to those two morons, Jessie. You’ll love my cooking.”

“Would you mind if I help? Mom, use to let me help her in the kitchen.”

“You bet young lady. I have no problem with you being my helper in the kitchen. You can replace your Uncle Joe.”

The rest of the meal goes quietly and Joe pays for the meal. As they are leaving, Charlie buys Jessie a T-shirt that says, “This is what an
awesome CHEF looks like!”

“Thanks Charlie.”

“You’re welcome Jessie.”

up
383 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It looks like things are looking up

WillowD's picture

I'm looking forward to seeing how Jessie reacts to a warm loving stable family environment.

How nice for a change to see

How nice for a change to see a child who is TG being actually welcomed into an extended family and being accepted because of her "Two Spirit"
being. I do have very large hopes that Jessie will truly become the girl and woman she wants to be.

A sure sign

Jamie Lee's picture

Maggie and Jessie are in good hands, loving hands, now. Maybe Jessie doesn't realize it, but when people start teasing that person and each other, that person is an accepted member of their family.

Another truth came out of this chapter concerning Charles. If he escapes the police capturing him and comes after Jessie, he's in for a world of hurt. People down Mary and Joe's way have a way of handling people who want to cause trouble. And they aren't afraid to use deadly force.

Others have feelings too.

Very true Jamie

sugar_britches63's picture

very true Jamie lee and it's usually a large caliber that deals with said trouble.

Charolotte

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem