On The Run Part 5

Printer-friendly version

Darit pulls into a marina and docks for the night. She was tired and doesn’t feel like dealing with anything tonight. She walks around the deck checking the hookups and afterwards she goes down below and gets ready for bed. Darit still wonders if she should call the FBI back tomorrow. Darit takes a shower and crawls into bed. She is so tired and so lonely. As she lays there falling asleep. She wonders what she was going to do now that she was down in the Carolinas?

When Darit wakes-up the next day there was a light mist in the air. Darit grabs an orange juice and pop-tart and goes up on the top deck and sits on the L shape bench seat. She looks out towards the marina and wonders if the people on the boats live here permanently or do they move around like she has been doing lately. So, far she’s been lucky except for that one time when she first started her journey down the intercostal waterway from New Jersey.

She still can’t believe that her father sold her to the Russian Mafia. Why he did it she will never know, but all she does know. She didn’t like what she was forced to do. She didn’t like being used for sex like she was forced to. She looks down into the cabin area and wonder does she have the courage to look at the video footage from that night? She has never looked at it because she has been too scared to.

Agent Emma Williams and Agent Lucas Price have been investigating the human trafficking problem lately. Her and her partner had been tracking the Russian mafia lately operating in the states. They had investigated a murder scene in New Jersey of several dead bodies at a private isolated cabin. The only way you could get there was by boat or helicopter. They had three burnt out ship hulls and several bodies inside. One of the bodies was that of a City Council member and another one was the body of a local judge and two dirty cops. The other four bodies were of various men of different occupations and then there was the five nude bodies of the teenage boys. They had found a floor board loose and saw some footprints that headed out the door and towards the water. Which is where they stopped. There were three brunt boat hulls, but eight adult bodies and five teenage boy’s bodies. Which meant there had to be a sixth teenage person, because the foot print was too small to be some adults.

They had managed to identify the adults and some of the teenage boys. The tattoo mark on their back marked them as belonging to one of the Russian mafia traffickers. Lucas was looking out towards the water.

“Which way do you think that survivor went Emma? Further upriver or down river towards the South?”

Lucas tries to put himself into the scare teenage boys mind. They had found a couple of strands of rope and marks in the mud where a fourth boat had been.

“If I was a scared teenager and I didn’t know what I was doing, I might head South. It would be easier traveling down river, then traveling up
river and chance being spotted.”

Emma had walked over to her partner and was looking out at the water. She had grown up along the river and uses to travel it with her
father. He was a tug boat Captain and pushed barges up and down the river.

“So, we need to search the marina’s down river and see if there is a single teenage boy traveling by himself?”

“I might be able to help. I know a few of the owners along this river that might be able to help.”

“Well, let’s go and speak to these people. Also, we might want to talk with some of the people at the fuel stations and see if a young teenage boy stopped there to refuel the boat he might be traveling on?”

“Sounds like a plan.”

The two of them head towards their car and start driving to the first marina and speak with people there. By late afternoon, they came to
their sixth marina which was a public one. They learned a young blonde hair girl was by herself. There had been some men searching the boats by peering into the portals of the unoccupied boats.

“A blonde hair teenage girl?”

“Why would a teenage girl be traveling by herself?”

“This mystery is getting more and more complex. Did you managed to get any more information about the girl?”

“No, not even the boats id. Number, but I did get the name of the boat itself and make. Its name is Wet Dreams and it’s an Excel.”

“Well, at least we now know whoever they are. They are heading down river.”

“True. I’m going to check in and see if anything new has come in.”

Lucas heads towards their hotel room while Emma checked in with their office.

“Lucas, I think we got a lead. Someone called in from Chesapeake, Virginia yesterday. Agent Blair had someone who called in with
information and they describe the crime scene. According to agent Blair they said they had been there and escaped. They are heading down to the Carolina’s.”

“Well, we can keep talking to a few more marina up here and see if anyone matches the description we were given or head down there.”

“Let’s make a few more stops along the river and then head down to the Carolina. Maybe someone was lucky enough to see the boat id
number and we can see who it belongs too. Because no one has reported a missing boat. Which could mean it belonged to one of our victims or is registered under an assumed name.”

“Alright, let’s check out a few more marina’s tomorrow and then plan on flying down to the Carolina and seeing if we can find the boat and the survivor.”

Lucas pulls into the Marriott hotel and parks the car.

up
283 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The boat name and ID number.

WillowD's picture

Aha! This would explain why the bad guys didn't know the name and ID number of the boat. It never occurred to me that it might have been brought there by a guest and that the guest may have borrowed it.

Can not

find links to other chapters, especially chapter 1, I was trying to review this story.

can not

mountaindrake's picture

Try looking up the author. Have a good day and enjoy life.

Have a good day and enjoy life.

Help is on the way

There is a problem with accessing past chapters. It may be a slight difference in the chapter's title, it happened to me once.
This is a great story with Boats, Russian Mobsters, the FBI, and of course, our teenaged, sex slave who's on the run.

Karen