The Cat In The Cradle Chapter 15

Printer-friendly version

Rebecca is at the helm of the Barracuda as Lev, Paul and Kat checked the weapons. Butch had brought the weapons from her garage and dropped them off by a friend of theirs that was heading this way. Rebecca had agreed to pay for the fuel for this friend and transferred the weapons to the Lear Jet they had acquired and had Butch fly the plane they had originally came in back home. Butch of course wanted to see his girlfriend, but she was with Kat’s brother with Terry and Brittney.

Rebecca had mounted the mini-guns Kat and Paul brought along with the fifty caliber machine guns she had Butch bring from her shop. She had Butch bring a few of the M3 Multi-role Anti-armor Anti-tank Weapon System (MAAWS) launchers and ammo for them from her ammo storage room. She had one of the guys that monitor her ammo supply give Butch the six launchers and four reloads for each launcher.
As the Barracuda got closer to the yacht “how do you want to do this Kat? Are you two going to board and have me and Lev watching your six or do you want Lev to go with you and I guard you guys with the mini-guns?”

“Paul and I are going to board the yacht. You and Lev can guard our six from the Barracuda. Me and Paul have more experience assaulting people. If it looks like things are going to get out of hand, use the rpg’s and rocket launchers. I doubt their yacht can outrun this boat.”

“Alright, good luck sis.”

Rebecca opens the throttle and start getting close to the yacht. As she was getting closer, people started coming out and opening fire at them. Lev starts firing the mini-guns and Paul picks one of the rocket launchers up and fire at the men on the boat.

“Are you jamming them sis?”

“Yep, I have been jamming them since we were in the area.”

Rebecca comes back around and Kat starts firing the 40mm Grenade launcher with gas grenades.

“Lev, fire the mini-gun towards their engine compartment.”

Lev fires the mini-guns, while Paul fires the fifty-caliber machine gun. The yacht starts to slow down.

“Alright Paul and Kat get ready for boarding.” Lev takes Kats grenade launcher and starts firing the gas and smoke grenades.

Kat and Paul start boarding the yacht. While Lev keeps his eyes out for

Rebecca pulls a little away so Lev can fire their weapons if need me. Kat and Paul encounter gun fire when they go aboard even with the
smoke and gas still smoking. Kat feel a few bullets hit her body armor.

“Ow! Those bullets hurt.” Kat fires her guns at the jerk that shot her.

Kat had her visor down on her helmet, so the smoke and gas didn’t affect her.

“Fire in the hole!”

Kat heard over her radio from Paul. The next she notices is a flash grenade going off.

“Thanks for warning me.” As she kicks a guy and knocks him out.

“You’re welcome.”

Paul punches a guy and knocks him out.

Rebecca and Lev were waiting outside on the Barracuda. They start taking fire from the bridge area of the yacht.

“Lev, take that jerk out please.”

Lev fires Paul’s 40mm grenade launcher at the bridge and the next thing they see is an explosive.

“Well, there goes the bridge and any one up there.” Rebecca kept jamming any radio, cell or satellite signal trying to leave the ship.

“Where’s you get the jamming gear?”

“Military surplus auction. I brought a bunch of junk that was classified as damage and unusable and had my people fix it. I can jam most
civilian and military signals.”

“You know, you’ll be in trouble if the military finds out.”

“Then they shouldn’t sell items to people who know how to repair it. They throw away a lot of good equipment.”

“Rebecca, the yacht is secure. Send Lev over with the explosives. We’re sinking this ship with the asshole who kidnapped us.”

“Roger, Lev is on his way.”

Rebecca pulls close to the yacht and let Lev go aboard with a few pounds of plastic explosives.

Kat looks at the asshole that had kidnapped her and her family. He had damage her home and tried to shoot her when she came towards
him.

“Now you know what it feels like. You thought you were safe, but you didn’t figure I would come after you for coming after my family and me.”

Kat had shot the guy in his legs, because she wanted him alive when they blew-up the yacht.

“You’re a freak that shouldn’t have lived.”

“Well, that may be asshole, but I think I’m doing people a favor by taking you out of the gene pool.”

Lev comes walking in with a plastic block in his hand.

“This is from my fiancée. She’s hoping it will solve your problem.” Lev stuff some explosives down in his pants.

Lev puts a few more explosives around the ship. Just before Kat leaves she looks over towards the guy.

“You made a big mistake coming after me and my boyfriend jerk. We always get our man or in your case hoodlum.”

Kat walks out and follows the guys over the rail and back down to their boat.

“Get us out of her Rebecca.”

“Sure, thing sis.”

Rebecca moves the throttle and the boat starts moving. Paul reaches over and turns the jammer off.

“Slow down sis, I want to watch this.”

“Alright sis.”

Rebecca slows down just as Kat presses the remote button to activate the explosives. A shock wave could be felt from the explosion as the yacht blows up.

“Good riddance to bad rubbish.”

“Where to sis?”

“We need to head to Washington D.C. next for our next target.”

“Programming our course sis. You guys might want to start removing the weapons.”

“Paul, Lev lets remove the weapon systems before we get to Washington D.C. I don’t think river patrol is going to like us going there armed.”

Kat starts helping to remove the weapons so they don’t get in trouble for having them and being armed.

“We’re going to need to stop a few times to fuel up.”

“That’s fine sis.”

“So, what is the plan for the other asshole?”

“Lev makes big boom.”

Lev was tossing up and catching a block of C-4.

“I think we created a monster sis.”

“He’s your husband to be sis. That makes him your responsibility.”

“So, Paul when are going to ask my sister to marry you?”

Paul looks from Kat to Rebecca and back to Kat.

“After all this is done. Now, that were going to be parents, I figure it’s time we make it official.”

Paul looks towards Kat to see if she agrees.

“Well, I was expecting you on one knee asking me to marry you. Still you did ask me finally after my sister prodded you. I guess I’ll say yes.”
She walks over and stand on her tip toes and kiss him.

Lev was looking at the map to get to 1100 Alabama Ave SE. They were going to have to take a taxi to get to the address.

“Guys, we have a problem. The nearest marina is James Creek Marina. I could fake engine trouble and pull in at the piers for the Navy
Marine Corps Relief Society.”

“No, lets pull in at the Marina. We can take a cab from there to a few blocks away from our target.”

“Alright Paul. Kat, you might want to let the guys handle this one. Me and you will stick out like sore thumbs.”

Rebecca looks towards her sister.

Kat comes over and looks at the map. She hated to admit it, but it would be better if the boys handle this job. The marina was across the
Anacostia river and the marina was over on Vst Sw.

“Alright guys, you know what needs to be done. We got Morgana to give us his car license plate and according to her he’s still there.”

Kat had called Morgana to see if she could give them a bird’s eye view of the good doctor. Morgana was trying to hack their system to get in and steal what files she could from his computer. Their security was pretty good, but she did manage to break in and take everything she could.

“Alright, see you girls in a while.”

Paul and Lev take the cab waiting for them when Rebecca pulls into the slip.

“Now it’s a waiting game.”

Kat is sitting across from Rebecca.

“Well, this is the part I hate the most. So, besides getting married and making Brittney and Terry your daughters. What are your plans after
this?”

“Besides being a mother to the girls? I still need to get them register for school and rebuild the damage done to my house. My older sister said we could stay with her till the house is fixed.”

“Well, when you get settle. Why don’t you let me know and I’ll come back out to your place and take you back to my place. That way we can
spend some time getting to know each other better.”

“I know the girls would love for you to fly them again. You did a good job when we were on the Lear Jet.”

“Don’t mention it. I may have to have Lev drive out here with his truck and pick this boat up and bring it back to our place or if you want. He could take it to your place.”

“What am I going to do with a military style boat?”

“The same thing I am. It’s going to be sitting around unless I can sell it. I mean I could get it berth at a marina on the Missouri River. We
could use it to travel up and down the Missouri River.”

Both women walk out towards the back of the boat and look across the river and hope the guys were doing alright. As they are standing there waiting to hear back from the guys. Kat’s cell phone start ring.

“Hello?”

“Get the boat read to go girls. We need to go fishing.”

Kat cell phone goes dead.

“Becca let’s get ready to go. The guys are on the way back.”

“Okay.”

Rebecca goes and checks to make sure everything was up and running. Thirty minutes later a cab pulls up and drops the guys off.

“We need to get out of here, now.”

Paul looks at Kat and an understanding pass between them.

“Alright.”

Rebecca gets them out of there as fast as she could without drawing attention to them. Rebecca takes them further down the Potomac river.

“Rebecca, takes us to Newport News, Virginia. I can rent a truck there and take this boat back to our place in Kansas.”

Rebecca yawns.

“Alright, I’m going to need coffee after this trip.”

Rebecca was getting tired, but she could make the 6.5-hour trip.

“Let me know if you want to switch up, sis.”

“Okay Kat.”

“That goes for us as well Rebecca. Paul and I can take over for you.”

“So, why wasn’t there a boom?”

“The good doctor came out and we broke his neck. No one saw us.”

Lev looks at Rebecca as he says that.

“Sounds good to me.”

up
258 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Paid in full

Jamie Lee's picture

They can run, but they can't hide. Guy on the boat experienced a rather new surgical procedure for expanding a persons' horizons. Doctor thought he was so safe he didn't take proper precautions and had his vertebra reworked. Whatever plans he had were cancelled during that operation.

Others have feelings too.

Please don't tell me that

Please don't tell me that this is the end, I really like all your work