Snow Angel Part 7

Printer-friendly version

Aylin slowly opens her eyes and starts coming around. She was laying on her back and looking up at the ceiling.

“Oh, pretty!” There was a goofy look on her face as she stares up at the ceiling.

She tries to move, but when she does, she feels pain from her right shoulder.

“Ow!”

Aylin looks over at her shoulder and notice it was bandage up and that she was wearing a purple nightshirt. She turns her head to look towards the left and notice the bedroom door is opened. She didn’t remember getting undress and crawling into someone’s bed. The last thing she recalls was stopping and talking to a woman. She lifts her arm and smelled under her armpit.

“Phew!”

Aylin moves slowly when getting out of bed. She still felt kind of weak as she stood up and walked out of the bedroom. She notices her outfit is draped over a chair as she continues to look around. Aylin figures she must be in someone’s apartment. She turns back around after grabbing her outfit and walk back into the bedroom. Aylin notices the door for the bathroom is opened and heads inside to take a shower.
When she is done, she comes back out and heads back into what appears to be the living room and start putting all her stuff back into their proper pockets. Aylin checks her appearance in the mirror and smiles when she sees her reflection. She had her face permanently tattoo so she would never have to worry about putting her make-up on. She pulls her watch out and checks the time.

“It’s tea time.” Aylin goes into the kitchen and looks for some tea. She must have her tea.

Terry was coming upstairs to check on the strange girl. As she got closer to her door, she hears someone moving around inside. Terry opens
the door and notice the girl fully dress and looking in her kitchen for something.

“Can I help you?”

“I’m looking for tea. I must have my tea. It’s tea time.”

“Here, let me find the tea and fix it for you.”

Terry closes the door behind her and walks over to the kitchen. Aylin turns around and looks at the strange person behind her. The person
sounded female, but looked male.

“Are you going to join me for tea? Did the White Rabbit invite you for tea?”

“Yes, I am going to join you for tea and no, the white rabbit didn’t invite me. I live here.”

“Oh, okay.”

Aylin watches as the tall looking man comes into the kitchen and starts fixing tea. Terry turns around to look at Aylin.

“What is your name?”

Aylin takes her top hat and hold it to the side and bow to Terry “I am the Mad Hatter Aylin”

Aylin puts her top hat back on her head after introducing herself.

“Who may you be, sir?”

Terry raises an eyebrow after being called sir. That has been the first time since she has been back that any one has called her, sir.

“My name is Terry and I’m not a sir, but a ma’am.”

Aylin tilts her head to the side and looks at Terry.

“You don’t look like a ma’am, you look like a sir.” She had straightened her head back when she said that.

“Whatever.” Terry turns around and finishes making the tea.

“Here you go Aylin.” Terry hands a plain white coffee mug to Aylin

“Thank you.”

Aylin blows on it to cool it off and takes a sip of it. She didn’t add any sugar or cream to it. Terry just watches Aylin as she drinks her tea.

Terry adds sugar to her own tea before drinking it.

Aylin was watching the man in front of her. She didn’t know what to make of him. He says he’s a woman, but he didn’t have any breast. She just shrugs her shoulders and drinks her tea. It tasted kind of strong and bitter, but there wasn’t anything else to it. She’s learned to just taste a little bit before drinking anything now. The doctors use to fool her by spiking her tea or grabbing her and giving her shots.

“Can you tell me what happened to my right shoulder?”

“You got shot in your right shoulder, don’t you remember?”

“Nope, I remember speaking to a woman and passing out.”

“Can you tell me why you were trying to steal the truck?”

“Joe the Boss wanted me to steal it and bring it back to him.”

“Did he say why?”

“Nope and I don’t care. I just do what I am told to do. It’s easier that way.”

Aylin takes another sip of her tea and sits down on the floor Indian style in front of Terry.

“Aylin, where were you born?”

“Don’t remember.” Aylin had looked up to Terry when she answered that question.

“Okay, where did you come from?”

“When?”

“When? What do you mean?”

“Well, do you mean before you got up here or do you mean when Joe the Boss sent me?”

“I mean before all that. What country did you come from?”

“Oh, I came from England. I was told I was in too much trouble over in England, so Eddie sent me over here to hide out.”

“Why were you in trouble?”

“I don’t know. I just killed some bad people and hurt a few that thought I would be fun for them.”

She giggles “I don’t think going after a girl again will be fun for them. Now that they are going to be girls themselves.”

She starts laughing as she thinks about them dressed in dresses and skirts.

“Why did you kill the others?”

“Because they deserved it. They did very, very bad things and needed to be punished for it.”

Aylin shakes her head up and down as if agreeing to what she was saying.

“Don’t you have any parents that care about you?”

“Nope, I have no family, except the White Rabbit.”

Aylin takes another sip of her tea and looks down into her mug and notice it was almost empty. She holds her cup up to Terry.

“Can I have some more tea please?”

“Sure.” Terry takes Aylin’s mug and refills it with tea.

She hands the mug back to Aylin.

“Thank you.”

“Your Welcome.”

“Thanks.” Aylin blows on her tea and takes a sip of it.

“Look Aylin”

Aylin waves her finger no “Mad Hatter Aylin, Terry.”

“Okay, Mad Hatter Aylin. I need to get back to work. Can you stay up here and remain quiet till I come back up here please?”

“Why?”

“Because the people I work with and for, wouldn’t understand the way you look. So, can you stay and do me this favor please? Stay here till I come back please?”

Aylin thinks about it “okay. I’ll stay right here till you return.”

“Thank you.”

Terry rinses her coffee mug out and leaves it in the sink. She notices Aylin hasn’t gotten up from where she was sitting as Terry walks out of her apartment.

Aylin takes a sip of her tea and just stays where she is sitting. The tea was growing on her. It may taste bitter and strong, but it was good in her opinion.

up
272 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Getting good

Take us there Ms Dragon. Love English tea.

Santacruzman

I'm with Mad Hatter Aylin,

I'm with Mad Hatter Aylin, tea should be drunk with nothing added into it. She does seem to be willing to please IF the person, such as Terry, talks to her in a civil manner and politely requests something. Wonder if she will still be in the same position and location when Terry gets back from work, as Aylin did say she would remain right here and that was indicating where she was sitting on the floor.

These stories have me feeling a lot of sympathy for Aylin

She was terribly treated and broken by her family and the system. I have doubts about the way legal system in the US punishes the insane after crimes are committed. I suppose it was felt too many people were using an insanity plea to get off (Hinkley was a turning point). I wish there was a better way.

Being cautious

Jamie Lee's picture

As cautious as Aylin is being with Terry, someone has done a number on her. Tricked her. Done enough that she doesn't remember her family or doesn't want to think about her family?

Not only is Terry curious about Aylin, but concerned for her as well. How long will it take Aylin to trust Terry?

Others have feelings too.