Be Careful of What You Wish For Chapter 7

Printer-friendly version

Theia manages to grab her sister from her love making to her wife to drop her off in town again. Shayla didn’t come this time, because her older sister wore her out and was sound asleep. Theia remembers what she wanted to ask her sister and since they were still a few minutes outside of town. This would be the perfect time to ask her.

“Sis, do all of the Greek god/dess exist?”

“Yep, and you better be careful. Uncle Hades only has one son and one daughter. His daughter is a lot like her mother, so you are good on that front. However, his son is a different story. He has no problem killing people. He’s into every type of death there is and it makes him dangerous. Ares is another one you should be careful of. He has three sons and two daughters. His daughters and one of his sons are friends with me, so if you run across them. Just tell them my big sister can beat all of you and they will know who you are talking about. The other two on the other hand will challenge you. They think mom is a wimp and believe their father should be the only god of war. They also, like to fight as well. So, you might get challenged from them. As for the rest, just try to get along with them. They aren’t bad, but if you show weakness they can be your worst enemy. I’ve already beaten them so many times. That when I give them my evil eye, they back off. Leto and her daughters, you shouldn’t worry about. They are healers and don’t like fighting.”

“You said daughters. I thought she only had one daughter.”

“Nope, she has two. Her second one is a Doctor that goes to third world countries and Africa helping the sick and needy. She’s a lot like her mother, but has a temper on her that puts mine to shame. She’s been known to bring governments down and use her knowledge of medicine to take her enemies out. Your uncle Neptune and his sons are cool. Even though mom and he sort of dislike one another, because of some contest ages ago. He and his sons know if they need me, I’ll come and help him. Now, grandfather you should be careful with. He’s kind of weird at times. One moment he’s a doting grandfather to you and the next he’ll put you in situations just to test you. However, if he sees that you are having a hard time with the task or need help. He’ll step in and give you that helping hand. He may be weird at times, but he loves his grandchildren. Grandmother, you want to stay on her good side. Whenever there is a family squabble, always side with mom. Don’t take sides with anyone else. Just stick with mom and you’ll be safe. Remember, mom is the goddess of wisdom and that means she knows how to either diffused a situation or who is going to win in a combat. So, always back mom. You’re safer that way.”

“Is it that bad?”

Theia is now wishing she didn’t ask to be Athena’s adopted daughter.

“If the gods don’t have an argument ever so often, things can get out of hand. Even though mom can be stubborn and vengeful at times.
She is normally the more level headed of everyone. Also, she looks after her children more than most of the other gods.”

“That’s good to know.”

“Sometimes, it is. If you get into trouble, don’t count on mom stepping in to solve it for you. She wants us to solve our own problems. After all, she is the goddess of wisdom and how are we going to learn if she bails us out all the time? However, if another god or goddess gets involve, then mom will step in to protect us. She has only had to do that three times with me. Mostly, because I pissed off or interfered with another god plans to punish humanity.”

“How old are you sis?”

Theia looks at her older sister. She didn’t look any older then someone in their mid-thirties.

“I was born in November of 52BC, after the Siege of Alesia by Julius Caesar. Even though the Celtics lost that battle, one general stood out to mom and I was conceived from their Union. I try to stay away from Ireland and where that battle took place because I’m in too many of their Legends.”

“Ah, I can see how that could be problem.”

“You don’t know the half of it. You should try reading some of the ones mom is in.”

“I’ve read few stories about mom.”

“You better learn from them.”

“Sis, how long have you and Shayla been married?”

“Mmmm, I think about five years now. We met during an assignment our mother gave me to stop an ancient vampire from drinking from the
fountain of youth. She was on a revenge mission because this vampire killed her sister. Don’t let her blindness fool you. She is deadly with a sword and knows several different types of Martial Arts. We met at a hotel down in Florida and sort of fell into each other. She went on the mission with me and I let her deliver the killing blow to the vampire. Afterwards we dated for a few months and decided to get married. Mom was trilled I got married because she figures it would cut back on my reckless ways. She was right of course. I stopped being so reckless because now I had someone to live for and look after. When you have lived as long as I have, it’s hard not to court death. I wanted death to take me, but the faiths had a different plan for me. Which I’m glad they did. I have a wife I love very much and a new kid sister to torment.”

“Ya, right. I don’t think mom is going to let you torment me to much.”

“That’s what you think, little girl.”

Titanis just smiles as she pulls up in front of the club.

“Alright, go in there and have some fun and remember, if someone recognizes the old you. Do what we suggested. If they keep being a problem, well use your imagination.”

“I will sis and thinks.”

Theia climbs out of the car and heads inside the club.

Titanis drives off with a smirk on her face. Her sister was going to get her first problem today.

Theia walks into the club and up to the bar and orders a non-alcoholic drink and listen to the music. She doesn’t see Thorn anywhere around and figure he must be still drunk from trying to get her drunk.

Rip walks into the Vamps looking around for Rainn because she still owed him some money for the drugs he sold her. He heard yesterday from a dealer of his that she was spotted in here with Thorn. His dealer told him she was dress like some sort of Iowa school girl yesterday and he wouldn’t believe how well and fit she looked.

Rip spots Rainn over at the bar standing and talking with the bartender. He walks over and grabs her arm.

“Where’s my money bitch?”

Theia was having a nice conversion with the bartender, when she felt her arm grabbed and a bald headed older white guy with tattoos on his face and neck grabbed her. She notices he had holes in his earlobes and was wearing a cutoff blue jean jacket that was opened and
showed a tattoo on his chest. He looked like something from a heavy metal band.

“Excuse me, but I have no idea what you are talking about.”

Theia yanks her arm out of his grip.

“Bitch, you owe me money and I want it now or I’ll whore your ass out till you pay it back with interest.”

Rip tries to grab Theia again, but this time she smacks his hand away.

“I don’t know who you are or what you are talking about, but if you try to grab me again I’m going to break your arm.”

“Bitch, I’m going to do more than that to you.” He pulls a knife from behind his back tries to stab her.

Theia catches his arm and squeezes on the pressure point Shayla taught her and caused him to release the knife. She puts her foot on the
fallen knife and adds a little bit more pressure to that pressure point. She leans in close.

“Now, get the hell out of here and leave me alone, before I put you in the hospital.”

She pushes him away.

“Why you bitch.” He swings to hit her.

Theia blocks his punch and grabs his arm and twist it in her hands and behind his back. She wraps her other arm around his throat and put
him in a head lock.

“I told you to leave me along. I have no idea who you think I am, but I am not that person. To prove that point.” She tightens her grip around his neck and cuts his airflow off till he passes out.

Theia carries him to the door and tosses his sorry ass out onto the sidewalk and turns around and heads back inside to have another drink and pick his knife up off the floor.

The bartender looks at her as Theia orders another virgin drink.

“You shouldn’t have done that. He’s a member of the Devils street gang. They don’t take kindly to people ruffing up their gang members.”

“I don’t care. He should had left when I told him I wasn’t that Rainn girl he mistaken me for.”

“Look, I hate to point this out to you lady, but you look just like her. She was a known drug addict and prostitute in this area. She had the same type of tattoos you do on your body.”

“Well, I’m not her and if this street gang wants to fight me or even come after me. I think they will be sorry. Because if I don’t kill or hurt them, my sister will and she can be a vicious bitch when you mess with family.”

“I hope so.” The bartender puts Theia’s drink in front of her.

Theia just smiles as she takes a sip of her drink and enjoy the rest of the day there.

up
222 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh, oh, don't rely on help kiddo,

Sounds like Theia's playing with fire, and Titanis knew about it happening.
I love this story.

Karen

Hmmm, I'm wondering if Theia

Hmmm, I'm wondering if Theia's sister created this little S-storm just so she would have an excuse to come in and clean out the Devil's Street gang? She definitely seemed to know that Theia was going to have some issues when she went into the club. Glad that Theia " showed the door" to the "gang punk", and tossed him out the door like yesterday's trash.

Devil Street gang

Titanis would never do anything like that. She'll help if her little sister needs help, but this is Theia's task.

Scarlett.jpg“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

strange

Sadarsa's picture

I don't quite get it... why isn't she saying what they told her to say. She supposed to pretend she has amnisia, not be some doppleganger. Add on top of that she tossing out that snotty attitude like some spoiled bratt, she hasn't been spoiled yet so wth? It just seems out of character ya know?

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~