Be Careful of What You Wish For Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version

“Ow!” Theia just gotten smacked by Titanis on her hand by the flat of her sword.

“Why am I learning sword play, when people don’t use swords anymore?” Theia blocks a swing by Titanis.

“Because any moron can use a stupid gun. A master of the sword can block any bullet fired at them.”

“Ya, but doesn’t the material of the sword have to be stronger than a bullet that hits it?”

“Not exactly, Theia. You can deflect a bullet off your sword so its full impact isn’t felt by the sword.”

Shayla was watching Theia’s movements with Leonidas help.

“So, you’re saying a true swords person is better than people with guns? How about people with a machine gun or a M16 on full auto?”

“I’m saying...” As Shayla smacks Theia’s arm because it wasn’t where it should be.

“Is that, a person who has years of sword experience like me and your sister can kill people in a close up fight faster than they could get their guns up. We can even close the distance and strike faster than they could pull the trigger. Now, a sniper could drop us if we didn’t feel the attack coming. They would have to be about a mile out to get the drop on me and your sister with a sniper rifle.”

“Why’s, that?” Theia blocks another sword stroke by her sister.

“Because of how well we are trained. We’ve developed something like what we call a spatial awareness or combat sense. Your sister and I are
aware of our environment and know where everything is around us and if something penetrates that awareness with an evil intent. We can react to it."

Shayla smacks Theia’s ass hard with her cane. “Keep yourself aware of everything going on around you.”

For the next five hours Titanis, Shayla and Theia work on her sword practice. Than after lunch, Titanis and Theia work on hand-to-hand and Martial Arts training. Shayla makes dinner for them. It was something simple that she could cook on the grill since they were outside training.

Theia was hurting from where her sister and Shayla smacked her body and twisted her arms and legs.

While they were sitting and enjoying dinner Theia looks over towards her sister.

“How often do I get breaks to go into town and enjoy myself?”

Titanis just smirks at the question “I’m going to give you the weekend off to enjoy yourself. So, every Saturday and Sunday. Why? Have you
met someone in town that you have taken a liking to?”

“No, I am just wondering if I’ll be able to develop some social skills now, since I’m a girl. Girls after all are social people.”

“Not your sister. She likes socializing with soldiers.”

“Not all the time, I do occasionally like to hang out with a few old girlfriends of mine.”

Shayla looks at her wife “they better be all that they are, just friends.”

“Someone is jealous.” Theia couldn’t help, but to tease Shayla.

Titanis stands up and walks over and kiss Shayla.

“I’m not like my relatives, Shayla. I would never cheat on you. I love you too much. You own my heart.”

Theia hopes one day she finds someone like Shayla or has the same type of relationship her sister has with her spouse. They stay outside till
about midnight and retire for the night. Theia gets up at five in the morning and starts her jogging. Instead of jogging on the property, she jogs down the road. While she is jogging on the road. She doesn’t notice a light blue car coming towards her at high speed.

“Danger!” Athena’s voice echoes in her head.

Theia turns around just before the car gets to her. She had only seen this once, but she figures she could do it. She jumps up onto the hood, run over the car and land behind the car as it passes under her. She turns around and notice the car stops and two huge guys get out and
come towards her.

Theia just smiles as the two men come towards her. One tries to grab her, but she takes his arm and twist it up and yank it down as hard as she could. Pulling it out of its socket. That guy screams as she blocks a punch from the other guy. She swings around and does a round house kick to the other guy’s stomach, putting as much of her weight behind it. He doesn’t double over like she was hoping, but it does cause him to back off from her some.

The first guy tries to sneak up from behind Theia, but she spins around on one foot and smack her other foot into the guy’s head, nearly taking his head off his shoulders. The second guy pulls a gun and points it at her. She takes the gun out of his hand like Titanis showed her yesterday and bops him on top of his forehead with the butt of the gun, knocking him out.

Theia picks the first fellow up.

“God, you need to lose some weight guy.” She tosses him into the back seat of the car.

She walks back to get the other fellow and toss him into the back seat with the other fellow.

“I shouldn’t be driving fellows, but I can’t leave your car out here in the middle of the street blocking it.”

Theia drives the car into town and drops the car off at the police station. She waits till she sees a cop.

“Hey, I have some bad guys here for you.”

The cop looks at her and could swear he knows her, but then he changes his mind. She looks like the person he was thinking of.

“Why do you call them bad guys?”

“They attack me while I was out jogging. One of them had a gun. You’ll find it in the back seat with them. If you need me, here is my cell phone
number and where I live.” Theia pulls a business card from her arm band that held her cellphone on her arm as she jogged.

The cop watches as Theia takes off jogging back down the highway out of town. He glances at the card and notice it had a silver crescent moon and her information printed underneath it.

“Thanks mom.”

Theia puts her ear buds in her ear and travel down the Hwy. till she gets to the driveway for the property that belongs to Titanis. She was sweating by the time she walks into the house. Shayla was up making coffee.

“Good morning, Theia. How was your run?”

“It was an exercise’s in stupid people.”

“Oh? Why was that?”

“I was attack by two people that need to be taken out of the gene pool. If mom hadn’t warned me, I would be hurting right now from getting run
over with a car.”

Theia pours herself a tall glass of ice water and drinks it.

“What did you do with the bodies and the car?”

“I drove the car to the police station and drop it off in their lap.”

Shayla just smirks as she fixes her coffee.

“You didn’t hurt them too much I hope.”

“Well, one guy is going to need his arm put back into his socket. I yanked to hard and pulled his arm out of the socket. The other one is going
to have an imprint of the butt of the gun on his forehead where I hit him with it.”

“God, I miss the old days, where you could just kill your attackers and be over with it. Thin out the gene pool by taking out some of the stupid
people who pollute it.”

Titanis comes walking into the kitchen to fix a cup of coffee and to grab a banana.

“The disadvantages of having a long life.”

“True, but now I don’t have to face it alone. As long as I am alive, you’ll be alive. As for you, young lady. That’s up to mom. She’ll need to give
you some ambrosia to extend your life or make you immortal.”

“Do you think mom will?”

Titanis walks over and looks directly into her sister’s eyes.

“Mom protects her children unless we do something stupid and piss her off. She’ll never let you die sis. Mom, will always protect you.”

Titanis walks around her sister and fixes her coffee.

“Oh, by the way. You did good this morning. Your round house kick needs to be better, but you did good.”

“You were watching and didn’t help?”

“Yep and mom told me not too. She wanted to see how you did. Believe me, if you hadn’t been able to defend yourself like you did. I would be
kicking your ass right now.”

Titanis takes a sip of her coffee.

After everyone finishes their coffee or water in Theia’s case. They go outside and start training.

up
258 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It has been prove with a

It has been proven with a clock set into the corner of a film, just how much time it takes for a person armed with a knife to advance 30 feet and kill an ARMED person who has a gun. 20 SECONDS!! This was caught by a Police car video camera during a "routine" traffic stop (nothing routine about any traffic stop, as most Officers know). This one was all over a burned out tail light. The driver exited his car and came at the Officer, AFTER being told not to do remain in the vehicle.
The entire incident was captured on the video film; and later when the video was was recreated into a training film for training purposes, a clock was placed into the upper right hand corner of the video to show how rapidly everything occurred and where the Officers "danger point" was.
Luckily, the Police Officer in the video was not killed, however he was cut up pretty badly, and all before he could even go for his firearm.
That is one primary reason Officers WILL INSTRUCT a driver to remain in his/her car; and another main reason that Officers will remain behind their open car door until they have the issue well in hand. And many officers will make ALL vehicle stops as "Felony stops" by having their firearm out for use.
So the issue went from a very simple, most likely informational stop to let the driver know he had a burned out taillight; to a FELONY Assault 1st Degree with a Deadly Weapon. "Stupid is as stupid does" to quote a noted movie philosopher named "Forrest Gump", who was quoting his mother.

Another good training film is...

"Defense against edged weapons". It shows with graphic detail (no blood, they use only rubber knives) the "20 foot rule". A knife is lethal when attacker and victim are within 20 feet of each other. The distance is not enough for the defender to react, draw a firearm and shoot the attacker. A very good video.

Optimal gun range and optimal

Optimal gun range and optimal knife range are basically the same - less than 30 feet.

As for officers instructing you to remain in the car? In texas, at least, they don't actually HAVE that authority. They will threaten you and claim they do, but the only authority they have to tell you what to do (as long as you're not trying to leave) is when they're directing traffic.

It's just that they're arrogant assholes that believe that what they say _is the law_. Judge Dredds, every one of them.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.