Becoming A Sister

Printer-friendly version

Alright, first off, this was originally a bio for an RPG character for the online forum RPG MSF High, baised off the webcomic of the same name. It was suggested by a friend of mine that I put it up here as it is still TG-Fiction and a damn good piece. (According to her) So here it is. It takes place on some random world, and you may not get a joke or reference here and there, but you should basically understand it. Not too much dialogue until the end, but it really doesn't need too much.

Oh! And MSF High and any related characters, races, planets, or concepts belong to
Wraith and Aakashi.
http://msfhigh.com/

No stealing!

(I don't even directly reference anything specific...)

Contrary to what anybody might tell you about Co', she wasn't raised by a pack of feral Wolf Demi-Humans, she didn't work in a spice mine until she was thirteen when she led the rebellion against the owners, and she obviously didn't start her life off as an orphan.
Co' was originally a little human boy named Logan.
Now, Logan was quite different from your normal little human boys, he saw them running around playing rough and tumbling and wrestling, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He found it barbaric and stupid. Why would any intelligent being want to get themselves hurt? He couldn't figure it out. Logan never really got along with the other boys, even after getting most of the way through his childhood. About when most boys were going through puberty, Logan was still small and skinny, effeminate even, and although he never told anybody, he liked how he was, and thought that it was a curse that he had to get all big and hairy like the other boys. He dreaded it. Every day he would look for body hair, just like all the other boys, but when he found one, instead of shouting with joy and protecting it with an obsession, he plucked it out and tried to pretend it was never there.

It was around this time that he began to notice girls. You might think that he noticed them in the same way as all the other boys, and he did, to an extent, but he noticed more than just the fact that they were developing different and that all of a sudden they were more attractive to him. He began to notice the way they moved and spoke. The way they dressed and the way they held themselves. He was completely entranced by them, and without noticing it himself, he began to pick up on the mannerisms of the girls around him. His parents thought that, “He's a late bloomer, he'll man up in a year or so.” That soon rolled into “It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it.”
As Logan got older, he noticed that he still hadn't gotten big and hairy and stinky like the other boys, and was glad. You see, in his off time, Logan had been working odd jobs for the people who came into the ship ports near the city where he lived. Whether it was moving cargo, or helping somebody get some information or delivering packages, he always managed to make a few credits. This money, which nobody, save himself, knew about, was going into buying him a few blessed minutes as the way he felt he should be. A girl.

He knew that he couldn't tell anybody, that nobody would understand, but he wanted to express himself so badly. With this money, he bought clothes and shoes and all manner of accessories and cosmetics which were easily available at the port where he earned his money. The shopkeepers thought nothing of it and just attributed it it him buying gifts for some girl he was wooing. Half of them thought it was sweet that he would walk into their stores by himself to buy these gifts, and would secretly give him discounts on most of his purchases.

As his collection grew, he realized that he couldn't contain it all in his room living with his parents as he would soon be found out. If his mother were to look in his hiding spot... he didn't want to think of what would happen. Even so, he felt bad that he was lying to his parents every day, about where he was going, what he was doing, why he seemed so distant. He began to break apart inside, feeling like he was living two different lives. He began getting careless. The dress lying on the floor hanging out from under his bed was a dead giveaway.
His mother walked in while he was out earning more money, and while picking up clothes to wash, spotted the little black dress sticking out a bit from underneath his bed. When she examined the space under his bed, she was shocked to find he had hollowed out the space between the floorboards under his bed to hide a very extensive and expensive wardrobe of feminine clothing. It even made her a bit jealous that he had things in there that she had wanted for the longest time, but couldn't afford due to their money situation.

What shocked her more was the diary she found. Logan had been keeping a diary of his innermost thoughts and feelings, and being a mother, she felt entitled to read what was going on in her poor baby's head. She spent two hours reading the diary, and was shocked at what she was reading. Her little Logan thought he wasn't a boy. His mother did the only thing she could think to do, which in retrospect was a pretty bad idea. She told Logan's father.

Logan returned home to find both of his parents in the living-room. He asked what was going on and got afraid that a family member had died because that was the only thing that explained the looks on their faces. His mother, crying, handed him his diary and the dress she had found while cleaning. He knew he was busted. His father took his sobbing mother out of the room, and came back storming into the room coming face to face with a terrified Logan.

“So, my little BOY wants to be a big f%@#ing sissy eh? Well not in my house! I won't have some queer for a son! Get the hell out. Take this S&%T and get out!”

His dad thrust the diary and the dress into his hands, threw a punch at his face, and knocked him out the door. Logan had no idea what to do. His life was basically over. His parents had abandoned him, he had only his diary, the clothes on his back, and his dress. He started shuffling away from the house, not knowing where he would go or what he would do, and having the most grim outlook on life that you've ever seen.
Being who he was, and acting the way he did, Logan didn't have any friends. The boy's thought he was too much of a 'fairy' which was pretty ironic seeing how one of them actually WAS a fairy, and the girls thought he was a creepy pervert who stared too much, so nobody would ever talk to him. This basically ruled out staying at a friends house, or even having somebody take him in for the night to think things over, so he continued to trudge.

Without noticing where he was going, Logan wound up at the ship port, where he earned a good amount of his money. Still just trudging along, he didn't notice when he almost walked right off the edge of the path into a pit used for the maintenance and repair of ships. If it weren't for the quick reactions of a passerby, he probably would have fallen to his death right then and there.
Looking up at the person who had cared enough to save him, he found himself looking eye to eye with a green woman whose breasts seemed to jut out far enough in front of her to make walking impossible.

“Watch out there little guy! You almost killed yourself! Don't you care about that at all?”

He continued to give her the same blank stare that he had since his parents house, until he could take it no longer and just broke down crying on her. He cried and cried and cried, having no idea why he was crying on this strange woman who saved his life, but nonetheless it felt good to let it out.

“Oh my! Don't cry little one! There, there! Goo ole' Miss Ginseng has gotcha!”
The woman, now introduced as Miss Ginseng, helped him to his feet and tried to get him to walk.

“Come now, why don't I get you a nice something to drink while you tell me about whats going on here.”
Looking up into this amazing woman's face, he sniffed and nodded, tears still flowing from his eyes.

At the bar that Miss Ginseng helped him to, Logan began to tell her about everything that had happened, and almost thought that it might be a bad idea telling all this to a stranger. For all he knew, she could have the same reaction that his father had.
Miss Ginseng just sat there and listened to his entire life's story while she had the barmaid keep the glasses filled. She managed to drain her way through quite a few, while he only barely touched his first, but she continued to listen.

“And... And then, he-he punched me in th-the face, and told- he told me to leave and nev-never come back!”
Logan was completely distraught by this point.
“But, you probably don't care, and you'll probably just treat me exactly the same way. Just like my father saw me for what I was. I'm just a freak...” *sniff*

Without warning, Miss Ginseng got up, walked around to his side of the table, sat down, and hugged him tight. He looked up to see that she too was crying, and that he had finally found somebody who cared.

“That's absolutely horrible. A beautiful soul like you should never have to go through something like that... Especially at your age.”
Suddenly Miss Ginseng was struck by brilliance.

“Hey... How old are you anyway?”, she asked.

“I'm almost sixteen... Why?”, Logan replied.
Miss Ginseng smiled.

“How would you like to leave this planet, and all those horrible people, to live with me, and my sisters, who I can guarantee will love you unconditionally?”
Logan was taken aback.

“Me? Live with you and your sisters? I... I could never impose like that. And who would want a freak like me living with them?”
She looked at him with loving eyes.

“You aren't a freak. You're just a girl who is trapped in a body she didn't deserve.”
Logan looked up once more at this beautiful woman, and again began to cry,

“You... You understand! You... You get it! You can see me for what I am!”
She held him close again.

“Yes, Logan. I can see you. I can see that you're a beautiful girl, who is desperately trying to escape from a horrible prison of flesh and that the near-sighted people of this world have trouble understanding this.” She pulled his face up to look at her.

“And my offer still stands. Come live with us. Please.” She smiled at him.
Logan mulled it over in his mind. Could he leave this world behind? Even if the people here detested him, it was still his home. Even so, would this woman's sisters still love him, even as he was, like she said they would?

“Okay.”

up
77 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Becoming A Sister

Is a good short story, but there are so many unanswered questions that can lead to other stories.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

'Twas actually the point! I

'Twas actually the point!
I might add to it later, or I may just leave it like that for people to figure out how it works out themselves!

This is a good story.

I have a small problem with this though. First off, a mother being a woman, knows the unspoken law of keeping a diary. YOU DON"T read it, unless it is yours. I could see if maybe Logan was acting suspicously, and was out of character, but there is nothing showing that here. Also, when his mother found the dress, she could have kept it to herself, and then asked him if he was bringing a girl in the house, when they were out, or asleep. But to jump the gun, and pry into her child's diary, is just black heart maliciousness.

Also, what happened to the rest of his clothes he had hidden, and the makeup? Did his mother steal them for herself, because she was overly jealous? These questions need answering.

I did like the ending of the story, where Logan met this woman from another world, and was offered to live with her and her sisters. But, does this woman have an ulterior motive?

We all love to be accepted for who we are, and we just want to be left to live our lives like everyone else. But sometimes, evil can come with a friendly face, and be our undoing in our efforts to be accepted. I still remember Gwen Araujo, who was befriended, but set up to be killed by a jealous woman.

Even though this story is realistically life like, and there are those fathers who are threatened by their child's sexuality or sexual identity, especially if it happens not to be masculine, I shuddered reading this.

These are my thoughts, and I am sorry Danielle, but I have to say what I feel.

You did write a very good story though. But like everyone asks me, are you planning on continuing this, or is this a stand alone story?

The characters are very life like, the subject is treated with realism, and the scenery and images are "seen" rather than "felt. Thank you for sharing.

Be strong, because it is in our strength that we can heal.

Love & Hugs,

Barbara

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

I see what you mean...

I stated at the beginning that this was a character Bio for a roleplay that I'm going to actively participate in once the rules have been fully written, so unfortunately, there will more than likely be no continuation.

And if you didn't know the story behind the race of the woman, you wouldn't really get the inside joke that was here, sorry.

Just to let you know, due to the nature of her race, the green woman holds no malice to Logan, and honestly means to have him live with her and her sisters. You can find out more about the 'why' of it by checking out the website link I posted at the top.

Look for anything about 'the legion' in the library section under races.