Do You Believe In Magic? Chapter 12

Printer-friendly version

“Yasmine, do you have your bags packed yet?”

“Not yet mom. I’m looking for my black 2” heels. Do you know where they are?”

“Did you look under your bed for them sweetie?”

Yasmine looks under her bed and spots them pushed halfway under her bed.

“Thanks, mom.”

Yasmine uses a little bit of magic to cause her shoes to come closer to her hands. She hates being short and looking like an eight-year-old. She was supposed to be a ten-year old, but her breast hasn’t even started developing yet. She also hated that she had the mind of a fourteen-year-old, but stuck in the body of a ten-year-old girl. The meeting had been set and they were traveling to a compound owned by the council. It was an abandon campground in Waverly, Tennessee that the council had taken over and refurbished. Her mom told her to take her bathing suit with her. They had an indoor swimming pool and gym. There was a private airfield so people could fly in.

“Mom, I’m ready.”

Yasmine magically transport her three bags down stairs along with her pillows and teddy bear.

Lily comes walking in with her two bags and adds to Yasmine’s stuff.

“You ready to meet some more people, Yasmine?”

Yasmine just looks over towards her aunt.

“If they are nice, I don’t have a problem with meeting them.”

Lydia and Ryder come walking in carrying their bags.

“Well, it looks like everyone is packed and ready to go.”

Ryder saw all the bags waiting for him to load the SUV with the luggage.

“I’ll help daddy.”

Yasmine walks outside with a few bags in her hands. Ryder takes a few with him and leaves them by the steps. He walks over to the garage and gets the SUV they were going to drive to Tennessee. He pulls it around to the front where Yasmine was standing waiting on him. He opens the back so him and Yasmine could load-up the cargo area with their luggage and cooler with sandwiches and drinks in it. Yasmine was bringing some snacks she had picked up the other day to take on the trip.

“You used the bathroom Yasmine?”

“Yes ma’am.”

Yasmine went before she packed her stuff.

“Alright, lets load up.”

Lydia waves her hand at the house while saying a chant in Latin. There was a glow to all the windows and doors on the house. It disappears
after a few minutes.

“Okay, we can leave now.”

Lydia takes the front passenger seat, while Lily and Yasmine take the backseat. Yasmine takes her tennis shoes off and curls up on the backseat with a book she brought with her to read. After a few hours on the road, Yasmine falls asleep.

“Looks like our little girl falls asleep easily when she is traveling.”

Lily covers her up with a travel blanket she brought with her. She sits back and watches a movie on her Ipad she brought with her. Ryder had some Irish music playing and Lydia was working on a ritual. They let Yasmine sleep till they stopped for dinner and refueling.

“Yasmine, it’s time to wake-up sweetie.”

Lily shakes Yasmine’s shoulder gently.

Yasmine slowly opens her eyes as she discovered they weren’t moving. They had stopped at a gas station.

“Come on sweetie.”

Lydia opens Yasmine door and carries her inside to the ladies’ room. Yasmine goes to the bathroom and washes her hands. She walks out with her mother and Lily.

“Where are we mom?”

“We’re in Virginia sweetie. We should be there by tomorrow morning.”

Lydia brushes some of Yasmine’s hair out of her eyes. They walk back to the SUV and Yasmine crawls back on the backseat and gets comfortable again.

“Do you want to sit back here with your daughter Lydia?”

“Sure, I’ll trade places with you.”

Lily and Lydia trades spots. Lydia helps Yasmine change position, so she could lay her head on Lydia’s lap. Lydia just strokes Yasmine’s hair as she slept. Soon, she falls asleep herself. For the next five hours, it was just Lily and Ryder awake.

“You know, I have never seen you and Lydia so happy since Yasmine came into our lives.”

“It has been different with her in our lives. Believe it or not I have been enjoying it when she calls me dad.”

“I know, I see it every time she calls you and Lydia mom and dad every time. Do you think she’ll be able to handle meeting all the different types of supernatural?”

“I think she can handle it. She’s a strong teenager, even if she acts like a little kid sometimes.”

“Well, I know she is enjoying herself right now.”

By five in the morning Ryder pulls through the main gates of the campgrounds that the council owns. He’s stopped at the check in station.

“Hi, I’m Ryder Allen Quinn, High Priest of the Silver Crescent Coven. I like to know which cabin has been assigned to my family.”

“Cabin D2 has been assigned to your family Mr. Quinn and welcome to Emerald Forest Campgrounds.”

“Thank you.”

Ryder accepts the key to the cabin.

“Lydia, wake-up. We’re here.”

Lydia slowly comes around as she saw they were driving down a tree lined road. Ryder pulls the SUV up in front of the cabin they had been assigned.

“Yasmine, wake-up sweetie. We’re here.”

Lydia shakes Yasmine gently to wake her up. Yasmine slowly sits up as she looks around. She saw that they were parked in front of an old fashion log cabin.

“My poor baby.” Lydia caresses the side of Yasmines face.

Lydia opens her door and escort Yasmine inside the place.

“Go sit down sweetie. Lily and I will help your father unload the SUV.”

Yasmine walks over to the sofa and curls up on the sofa. She watches her father, mother and aunt unload the SUV. The cabin had three bedrooms. Lydia and Ryder was going to take one, Lily was going to take another and Yasmine had a room to herself.

“Why don’t you go and cleanup sweetie and we’ll have breakfast up at the main building.

"Yes ma'am."

Yasmine finds the bathroom and washes her face and makes herself little more presentable. She was nervous and excited about meeting new people. Once she is done, she heads out of the bathroom and walks with her family to the huge log cabin built building. The whole place was constructed out of logs. When they walk in Yasmine is amazed at how high the ceiling was and how many people were already there. It was a buffet style breakfast that had been set-up. While they were standing in-line to serve themselves, Yasmine spotted a middle age woman walking around with a pixie standing on her shoulder holding a lock of her hair.

"Lily, who's that?"

Lily looks over towards the lady Yasmine was pointing too.

"That's Sophie with her daughter Lexi. Lexi use to be a normal human, until some fey blood and magic turned her into a pixie. Sophie is the only Were I know of that started off as a witch like us and was turned into a Were by a Were that went rough. She works for the council along with two others. They are the council's investigators and trouble shooters. There job is to investigate any trouble that is Supernatural related. She's also a member of Cain's pride."

"Who's Cain?"

Lily looks around and spots Cain with a short young girl, Lady April and Lady Joyce.

"He's over there with his niece, his wife Lady Joyce and his sister-in-law Lady April. He is the Alpha Pride leader of the Montana Pride of Were-Cats."

"His niece is a Were-cat?"

"Not exactly. Not much is known about her. All people know about her is, she is mute and that she is the most dangerous person in this room right now. The Vreelands are the next most dangerous Were."

"No were not."

Lily turns around to look behind her and sees Ava, Courtney, Maggie, Kelly and Tabitha standing a good ten feet back.

Yasmine turns around to see Ava. She notices Kelly was standing in front of a woman that looked like Ava, but a little older. Then there was an oriental woman standing in front of Kelly dress all in black leather looking like something from a bondage movie. Yasmine could tell she was a woman you didn't want to fuck with. She had two sword handles sticking up from behind her back and a few other weapons on her waist.

Lily notice the woman that Yasmine was staring at.

"That's Tabitha. She's Maggie's wife and body guard. Also, the most feared woman among the vampires. No vampire leader wants to mess with her or have her come after them. Her and three others like her destroyed a whole vampire family."

"What do you mean her and three others like her?"

Yasmine looks at Lily with a puzzled look.

"Tabitha and three others like her are the last of a pride of Were-Panthers. Her Pride was ambushed by a vampire coven and nearly wiped out. Only four survived and they took their vengeance. They killed every vampire ever made by the leader of that coven. They even killed the one that made that leader as an example of what will happen if they come after them. You can't make a Were-Panther like most Were-cats can. They have to be born from a Were-Panther. Tabitha is the last female Were-panther there is. Her true mate isn't a male, but a female. So, she can't have any children. Unless you find your true mate, you can never have children. That's how it works among the Were's. They can only have children from their true mate."

"That sucks. But couldn't they take one of Maggie's eggs and fertilize it with someone else sperm and place it inside of Tabitha?"

"Only if that person is related to Maggie. If her twin brother was still alive they could do that. It has to be a close relation like brother or sister or aunt or Uncle or even first cousin. "

"Oh!"

They move up and start loading their plates with food. Yasmine did notice that there were two different sizes of Plates. One was normal sized and the other was large pizza sized.

"For the Were's?"

Yasmine nods her head towards the plates when she asked Lily.

"Yep, Were's have a huge appetite."

Once everyone has their plate, Ryder finds an empty table for them to sits at.

up
233 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This looks to be a most

This looks to be a most interesting convocation of supernaturals, not only for Yasmine, but for us as well. Looking forward to reading about everyone who is attending.

Networking

Think Yasmin is going to get an education in the who is who in the supernatural, she's sure to make new friends and maybe even some allies! Still waiting for that dragon familiar... lol