Eyes Finally Opened Part 13

Printer-friendly version

“Come on Amy, you need to build your strength back up.”

Troy was helping Amy get back into fighting shape. Ever since they removed the tracker from Amy’s spine, she’s been having problems with her coordination and recovery.

Amy had sweat pouring down her face as she pushes herself to do three more sets of weight lifts. She’s never had this much trouble after recovery. She pushes herself and finally finishes doing a full thirty weight lifts. She sits up and looks towards Troy with a tired look on her face.

“I know your still recovering pumpkin, but we need to get you back to fighting shape again.” He hands a towel to Amy.

“Thank you.” She takes the towel and wipe her face with it.

“Alright, you have rested enough. Let’s head to the pool and you can give me three hundred laps.”

Amy just shoots him a dirty look as she heads over to the pool and strip out of her workout clothes and into her one piece. She straps on fifteen pounds of weight and starts doing three hundred laps.

“How is she?”

Lady April had come down to the training center to see how her baby was doing.

“She’s still below her normal fighting strength. Taking that tracker out has messed up her body. Plus, I think she might be scared from everything that has happened to her.”

“I think you’re right. She’s been coming to my room at night and sleeping with me. Sometimes during the night, I can feel her shake against me.”

“Next time she does, see if she’ll let you go deeper into her mind. It might help her.”

“I will.” Lady April just watches Amy as she does her laps.

Her little kitten has been through more than any person or Were has ever been through. She wonders what her kitten is going to be like in a few years? Will she be like a lot of the older Were’s that have been around for a long time? Lady April just sighs as she continues to watch her baby.

After Amy does three hundred laps, she floats around to cool off. She had spotted her mother watching her while she did her laps.

Amy looks at her mother “why don’t you join me, mom?”

“I’ve never been very fond of large bodies of water.”

Lady April does take her shoes off and walk over and sit on the side of the pool with her feet dangling into the water.

Amy swims over towards her mother and let her legs support her while she looks up at her. She has come to see Lady April as her birth mother. She just wishes she really was her birth mother instead of being created in a test tube.

Lady April spends a while with her daughter at the pool. She watches Amy as she just floats in front of her with the help from her legs.

“Come on sweetie. Let’s go and get you some lunch. I believe the chef is making tacos today and I know how much you love them.”

Amy swims over next to her mother and pull herself out of the pool. She stands still as Lady April dries her off. She picks up her exercise shorts and shirt and slips them on over her swim suit. She heads up to her bedroom and takes a shower to get the chlorine and what other chemicals off her. As she is taking a shower, she has a flashback of all those missiles striking her. She screams out mentally as she falls onto the floor of the shower and cowers in the corner shaking like a leaf.

Cain and Lady April come rushing into Amy’s bathroom and notices her in the corner of her shower cowering and trembling as the water falls from the shower head.

Cain turns the water off and Lady April steps into the shower and pick-up her trembling kitten. She had felt and seen what did this to Amy. She was suffering from all those missiles going off around her. Amy clings to Lady April crying and shaking. Amy was scared and frightened. She never felt like this before and it was scaring her.

“Sshhh, it’s going to be alright sweetie. You’re safe and I won’t allow anyone to hurt you.”

“I was afraid of this.” Troy walks in as he says those words.

Cain just looks at him and then back towards Lady April.

“Why don’t you take her to your room April.”

“I think that might be a good idea.”

Lady April carries Amy to her bedroom and changes forms and let Amy bury herself against her furry body. She knew Amy always felt safer when she was in her tiger form.

Cain just watches as Amy lays naked next to her mother’s tiger form.

Troy had stood by the door watching Amy and Lady April. Once Cain comes walking out of Lady April’s room.

“I was worried that she was going to develop PTSD.”

“Why do you say that?” Cain looks towards his second.

“First, she has a ceiling drop on top of her in a bunker and buried alive. She had to dig herself out and then she comes home where she feels safe and has a bunch of missiles explode around her. She had less than a day to overcome what happened to her on the Island. To me and you, we can deal with it because of our nature, but she isn’t wired like us. She doesn’t have an animal nature to take what happened away from her.”

Cain looks towards Lady April’s room “So, you’re saying we need to get someone to help her with what she has been through?”

“Yes, but it needs to be someone she trust. Remember, she won’t allow any one she doesn’t trust inside her head.”

“I know. I remembered when she blocked me. It was like hitting a concrete wall.” Cain remembered the last time he tried to enter her mind.

“Also, whoever we get has to be approved by Lady April as well. She’s become more protected of Amy since the attack.”

“I’ll call my sister-in-law Clair and see if she will be willing to come and help Amy. She’s got experience in dealing with Were’s who have been
tortured and abused in their clans.”

“Clair? You mean the good looking wife of the Chattan clan, Alpha? She is your is your sister-in-law?”

“Yep, she’s my sister-in-law. Her husband is my brother. Both of them have ego’s that could fill this room.” Cain knew his brother rather well.

“I had a brother like that, but the HSL killed him.” Troy misses his older brother, but at least his little sister was still around.

She had done good for herself by marrying a normal person who didn’t have a problem with her being Were.

“Let me see if Clair will come and help Amy. Lady April won’t have a problem with her helping her daughter.”

Cain and Troy head towards his office to call his brother’s clan.

Chattan Clan’s Mansion:
Jessica was doing her daily dusting of the house when she hears the phone ring. She pulls the phone from her apron pocket.

“Jones resident, Jessica speaking. How can I help you?”

“Jessica, it’s Alpha Cain of the Montana Pride. Can you put your Mistress on please?”

“I’m sorry Alpha Cain, but my Mistress is at the salon right now. She won’t be home till later this afternoon. Would you like for me to have her return your call?”

“Yes, please Jessica. Is your Master around?” Cain figures Clair would be out.

“He’s out by the pool Alpha Cain. Would you like for me to get him?”

“Yes, please.”

Jessica walks outside and over to the pool where her Master was laying out sunning himself in the nude.

“Excuse me Master, Alpha Cain is on the phone and would like to talk with you.” She hands the phone to Neil.

Neil accepts the phone “hey little brother. What trouble are you in this time?”

“None, I was trying to reach your wife, because I need her to help my adopted niece?”

“Did Lady April adopt a child?”

“Yes. She adopted a young teenager and recently she’s been involved in some bad situations.”

“Oh? Maybe I should come out and meet my new niece.” Neil sends Jessica on her way.

He knew she would stand by his side till he sent her away.

“You’re welcome to come out here any time big brother.”

“I might take you up on your offer, little brother.”

“I hope you will Neil. Why don’t you come with your wife when she comes out here to help your niece.”

“Alright. I’m going to let you go Cain. One of my pride just showed up at the house.”

Jessica had escorted Ava and her wife Courtney to Neil. Jessica knew that her Master wanted to talk to Ava.

“Okay, bye Neil.” Cain disconnect from neil.

Cain’s place:
“Neil and his wife Clair might come out here. I still need to talk to Clair.” Cain was looking towards Troy.

“Do you think she’ll help?”

“She will. Clair may act like a stuck-up snob, but she does have a heart of gold.”

“If you say so.” Troy just smirks as he leaves Cain’s office.

up
202 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Great story

Great story