Snow Angel Part 20

Printer-friendly version

Everyone had gather at the building that the box truck and the tracker trailer had been stored. Terry and Dakota were on standby in Alexandria, Va. Anika felt that their presence might be still needed and didn’t want to waste time having them traveling between New York and Washington D.C.

Bart comes walking into their make shift work area “I think I found something. After all of you went to bed yesterday afternoon. I stayed up and did a little bit more digging and found out that Arnold Bridges is holding up in a compound in Randall County, Texas. The place is basically a fortress.”

“What do you mean Bart?” Elizabeth looks directly at Bart.

“I mean the compound he has retreated too has an underground bunker. The NBC disaster shelter was custom engineered and built to provide protection from blast, fallout, initial radiation, EMPs, fire, chemical and biological threats. There is a complete commercial surveillance command center (plus a backup command center) with 21 high-end video cameras, as well as pole-mounted security lights and fiber-optic wired networking throughout the property. Two separate generators both powered by natural gas and a standby 1,000-gallon propane tank for one of the generators to provide for off-grid power. UV and ozone treatment facilities and three Swiss-manufactured Andair AG positive-pressure air filtration systems continuously clean the air throughout the facility. The former owner was a former publisher of one of the security industry’s leading magazines. He designed and paid to have this place built. Mr. Bridges bought the property two years ago and paid for it from a private account in the Cayman Islands.”

“Why didn’t we pick-up on that?” Morgana was looking at Bart.

“Because it is listed as an asset under this company. It would be the last place we would look.” Bart had stumbled upon it after looking through
assets the company held.

Jack had given him access to the company files.

“That would explain why we could never find his location.”Anika had brought the location up and found that there were several private airfields he could fly from that didn’t record their passengers.

“We need to draw him out and capture him.” Elizabeth couldn’t think of any other way to do it.

“I could sneak in and recon the place. It doesn’t look that hard to get into.” Hatter was looking over the satellite pictures they had of the place.
Also, what security systems she could spot from the image and the information they had on the place.

“Wheelie and her crew over there could hack into their security systems and control it.” Hatter was looking at Morgana, Gloria and Troy.

Morgana looks at the layout and notices he had a satellite dish and cellular repeaters on a tower near the back of the property.

“She’s right, we could use some of the equipment from here to hack into his system and take control of his security systems and any
computers he has on the property.” Morgana and Gloria had looked at each other and knew what they could do with Troy’s help.
Troy saw the look that passed between Morgana and Gloria. He knew something was up between those two. Those two working together could bring down a nation’s infrastructure and dominate another countries infrastructure without breaking a sweat if they wanted too.

Morgana’s cellphone beeps letting her know the search she started was finish.

“Someone trying to contact you Morgana?” Anika was curious.

“No ma’am. One of my clients asked me to do a search for them. My computer is letting me know that it has finished the searched.” She brings
the results up on her laptop and look through it.

“Will this client’s business interfere with what you were hired to do for me?” Anika normally didn’t like people doing side jobs, while they were
already on a job for her.

“No ma’am it won’t interfere with our business. It was a simple search for a person.”

Morgana had gotten over twenty hits of the image that Kat had sent her, but nothing that identified who the person was. The man had used over twenty different cover identities since 1998. His first id had popped up on the radar around then. That identity had been flagged by the
CIA for the murder of their undercover agents in different countries.

Another one of the identities had been flagged by the US Marshal service for the murder of an informant in their custody. He was also wanted for the murder of several wardens that operated supermax prisons. Even though she had this information, it didn’t show who the person really was.

“Dam!” Morgana was a little pissed. She knew something was right.

“What’s wrong Morgana?” Anika had been talking to Bart, Elizabeth and Aylin when Morgana’s outburst got her attention.

Gloria looks towards her friend. This was the first time she had seen Morgana this upset before.

“I was doing a search for a person and I can’t find anything on them. It’s like they don’t exist at all.”

“I wonder?” Gloria had a faraway look on her face.

“Send me what you have Morgana. I might be able to help you.” Anika knew how good Morgana was, which meant someone erased the
information.

“Morgana, can I use your laptop, please?” Gloria had an idea and wanted to test it.

“Sure.” Morgana let’s Gloria have her laptop, since it was still connected to her main computer.

Gloria goes to work testing her theory.

“Here you go Anika.” Morgana hands Anika a thumb drive, she saved the information on.

Anika opens the file on the thumb drive and sends it to Jack using his encryption program. She knew Jack has files on every agent he has ever
meet or has stolen files on. She knew he didn’t keep the computer on any network. You had to access the computer in his office.

Anika looks over towards Morgana “I sent your file to someone I trust that has files on every agent he has heard of or come across. If he doesn’t have it, then they don’t exist.”

“Oh my god, I can’t believe it.” Gloria was staring at the screen on Morgana’s laptop.

“What can’t you believe?” Everyone had heard Gloria and wonder what got her excited.

“That a program that has been a rumor on the dark net actually exist. You need to know what you are looking for, to spot that it has been used.
The program was created back in 2010 by a MIT student that was a notorious hacker. He wrote most of the hacking programs that are still around today that most script kitties use.” Gloria remembered starting off using some of this guy’s programs.

“What does the program do, Gloria?” Anika was curious.

“It erases everything about you from every data base there is. Any time a person does a search about you it finds the data base and erase the information. It leaves no trace about you and it doesn’t matter what language the information is written in. The only way you can tell if the information was erase is to look for a certain tattletale it leaves behind after erasing your information.” Gloria couldn’t believe it. This was the second time she has come across this.

“How do you know about this tattletale?” Troy was curious now.

“Because, this is the second time I have come across this. I was on a team that did some work on a few government computers and stumbled across it. I did a little bit more digging and discover a whole data block had been erased about a person. There wasn’t much to recover, but what I did recover proved that it had been done with a specialized program. That’s how I knew it was the Silcardo virus.” Gloria still couldn’t believe it.

“So, you’re saying that this virus completely erases everything about a person from any data base?” Anika had wheels turning in her head about what they could do with a program like that.

“Yep, the problem still exist that you need to eliminate the physical files about the person. However, if you don’t know the person or where they are from. It wouldn’t matter about the physical files.” Gloria knew that most people did computer searches to identify a person.

“That’s a nasty virus. Is a copy still out on the net?” Anika was wondering if having a copy would be helpful.

“I don’t know, Anika. Like I stated, it was just a rumor. This is only the second time I have come across it.” Gloria didn’t know anyone who might have it, except a few Black Op’s government agencies.

“Alright, let’s prepare to move out. Morgana, if you and your crew can continue to shift through the information here. To see if there are any more targets we need to put an end too. That would be helpful.” Anika was ready to put this mess behind her.

“No problem Anika.” Morgana just smiles as she was closing up her laptop.

up
234 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Digging out the rat

Jamie Lee's picture

The man their after has just become a bit less than run of the mill. Unless they can figure out a way to entice him to stick his head out of his hole, they may be up a creek.

One thing is true with any type of security system. It was designed by humans, so there is a hole somewhere if a patient person looks for it.

Others have feelings too.

Strategy

Well if he's holed up in a hole, a simple hunting strategy is a good idea; smoke him out. If he still wants to stay, well then let him... bury him in the hole... problem solved!