Angel Of Justice Chapter 6

Printer-friendly version

Katlain sits quietly watching the building the ones responsible for her friend’s death were hold-up in. She had the laser microphone out and pointed towards one of the windows of the place. She had parked the Rubicon in a safe area she could get to in a hurry, but wouldn’t be discovered by a patrol or anything. It had taken her a while to sneak-up to the place and find a place to slip in without being spotted. They had camera’s watching the fence, but had holes in their security in certain areas. She had slipped in and put tracking markers on all the vehicles she had spotted. She had identified the vehicle belonging to the leader of this group and put a listening device in his vehicle.

So far, she had counted twenty men total going into the building. She tries to get closer to see what was going on inside. The laser microphone was picking up everything, but she wanted to see who all was inside. Katlain sneaks closer and finds a place she can use her camera to take pictures of what was going on inside.

Katlain waits and listens till the meeting ends. She snaps pictures of each member as they leave. It was three in the morning by the time everyone left. She watches to see which cars left and what cars stayed behind. All the cars leave and she waits a few minutes to make sure no one comes back.

She pulls her lock picks out and break into the place. She does check to make sure there isn’t any type of tricks or traps. She looks around hoping to find what they were planning. She spots a few pictures and diagrams and takes pictures of them. What they meant she didn’t know, but once she has a chance to look at them, she would.

She searches the place and finds a few illegal firearms. It looked like someone knew something about gunsmithing and was converting a few AR15’s over to fully automatic. She notices they had a few .50 caliber sniping rifles. She shoves a small metal rod down the barrel, so when they go to fire it. It explodes in their face. They had Uzi’s, Mac 10’s smoke and flash grenades. She finds a gym bag and loads the bag up with weapons and ammo. She knows they are going to know someone was in here, but she figures it might be one of their own. Katlain does conceal a few listening devices. She makes her way out and back to the Rubicon and put the weapons she took in the back of it and head back towards her house.

As she is driving back towards her house, she is thinking about what she should do. If she goes around asking people about the skin heads she saw tonight. That would alert them to her presence. She wonders if she should go and talk with Sgt. Harrison about what she found out? She knew the ATF was watching the group, but she didn’t spot any of their vehicles nearby watching the place. Did they have an undercover agent among them? She presses the remote for her garage door and pull the Rubicon inside the garage. Once the garage door closes. She climbs out and walks over to the cabinet she keeps lock in the garage and put the bag of weapons in there for now. She’ll have to watch a few you tube videos to learn how to clean and care for them.

Sure, she knows how to clean and care for a handgun, but as for the Uzi’s, Mac 10 and the AR 15 she took. She didn’t know how to care for them. Luckily, she knew a gunsmith that could teach her more about the weapons she has. She walks into the house and towards her bedroom. She had a morning shift she had to work this morning, after being off for the past few days.

Katlain changes out of her black jumpsuit and boots and into her waitress uniform. She makes sure to grab an apron and a pencil and order pad. She heads back to the garage and take her mustang to work. She’ll go by her garage later to get her maverick instead of driving her Mustang. While she is working her shift at the restaurant. A couple of cops she knows comes in to have their lunch and sat in her section.

“What can I get you to drink today Officer Decker?” Katlain had hurried over to take care of her customers.

“Hey Katlain, I didn’t think you were working today.” Officer Decker knew Katlain. He was the one that arrested her parents.

“I had the past few days off, so I was schedule to work today.” Katlain had her order pad out along with her pencil.

She sets the menus in front of each officer.

“So, is this all on one check or is it separate?” Katlain was ready to write their order down.

“Put it all on one check, Katlain.” Officer Decker had the menu closed in front of him.

“Why don’t you bring four glasses of sweet tea and I’ll have the three-quarter cheese burger. Medium rare.”

“What sides would you like?” Katlain had written the burger down.

“A small salad and fries with that.” Officer Decker hands his menu back to Katlain.

“How about the rest of you gentlemen?” Katlain looks at the other officers.

They give her their orders. She walks over and hands their orders to the chef. She goes about taking care of the rest of her customers. When their orders are ready, she takes it to them and makes sure everything they ordered is right.

By the time her shift was over. She had earned a hundred and fifty dollars in tips. She orders a meal for herself to take home. While her food is being cooked, she heads into the women’s bathroom and changes out of her work uniform and into a pair of jeans and blouse. By the time she steps out from changing clothes. She picks up her take home order and heads home. She’ll go out later tonight to steal a police radio and computer from one of the police cars that don’t get used that often.

On her way home, a car passes her doing between eighty or ninety miles an hour with several police cars chasing it. She moves aside to let them pass her. She could catch it in her maverick, but didn’t want to show off. She hears gunshots as she gets closer to where the police had managed to pull the other car over. They were shutting down the road. There was at least six police cars and four State Troopers cars.

Katlain takes a different route home and turns the news on while she eats her dinner. According to the news broadcast she was watching. Several police officers had been killed and the suspects were still on the loose. She pulls her laptop onto her lap and go over the pictures she took last night of the gang she had observed. She looks at the one with the diagram of some sort of attack, but what it was. She had no idea.
She listens to a few recordings she had set the bugs to transfer to a website. They talk about certain things and people. If they could be trusted and about ambushing a special tractor trailer.

“Now, what could be so special about this tractor trailer?” Katlain wonders why they wanted this tractor trailer and what its cargo was.

She’ll have to do some asking around to find out. The plans were what interested her the most. She enlarges the picture of them and look at them. She tries to make sense of them. There was time tables and patrol routes.

As Katlain continues to stare at the information, it finally dawns on her what it was. They were going to intercept and steal the cargo. Whatever the cargo was, it was very important. She notices that it was going to take place in two days and late at night. When there was less patrols on the streets and on the interstate.

Now she was in a moral dilemma. Should she give this information to Detective Harrison or handle this problem herself? She sits her laptop down on her coffee table and pace back and forth thinking about this problem. The problem is, he is going to want proof and the only thing she had were drawings and some illegal recordings.

Katlain stops and walk out onto the back patio and look up at the moon. She notices the moon phase for tonight was a waxing crescent moon. Which meant tomorrow was a New moon. Was she ready to turn over a new leaf and go straight or into another occupation? She didn’t know what she should do.

Katlain turns around and head back inside her house and into her work clothes. She was going to visit the compound again tonight to see what else she can learn.

up
319 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos