Time To Pay Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

Time to Pay Front Lo Res_0.jpg

Time to Pay
By Anna Na Maus

The story of a philandering husband and his poor suffering wife. In chapter 3 Jenny goes in search of Michael’s other women. But what will she find?

© 2017 by Anna NaMaus. All rights reserved.
No part of this book may be reproduced in any written, electronic, recording, or photocopying without written permission of the publisher or author. The exception would be in the case of brief quotations embodied in the critical articles or reviews and pages where permission is specifically granted by the publisher or author.
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, businesses, companies, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

Chapter Three

I have a confession to make. I have never tried to completely destroy a person before. I wasn’t a bully at school and I have seen the damage that bullies can do to, not just their victims, but their whole family as well. Yet here I was, contemplating destroying the man that I had been married to for four years. I had given him seven years of my life and I was preparing to take away the rest of his. It wasn’t just him though, there were six other people involved in this situation. Six people I knew literally nothing about, well almost nothing. On the back of each photograph were some basic details; name, place of work, address. Not a lot but enough. I decided to find out exactly who these women were.

Maggie

Maggie Dell was celebrating her twenty first birthday when she first came across Michael Cole. He was, as we already know, absolutely charming and he had her completely smitten by the end of the night.
Jenny caught up with her at the local branch of La Senza where she worked as a shop assistant and had done since she left school at the age of sixteen. Things might have worked out differently if the first woman on Jenny's list had been some sort of tart, or a bitch or just plain horrid but Maggie was a sweet, kind young lady and there was no way Jenny was ever going to hate her.

Jenny showed her a picture of Michael that she carried in her hand bag and asked if Maggie knew who he was. There was no pretence, no hesitation she just said, “Yeah that’s Mike, he’s my boyfriend.” No matter what Jenny asked her about him she didn’t hold back, she was happy to tell the older woman everything. It was clear to Jenny that Maggie wasn’t the cleverest girl around and she was far too trusting. Exactly the sort of person that a predator like Michael would prey on. Maggie explained that Michael, or Mike as she called him, was a salesman from Durham who only came through Bristol once a week and he made sure that, no matter how busy he was, he made time for her. She admitted that she hadn’t asked him if he was married but she doubted it, Mike had told her that she was his one true love and she believed him.

Jenny felt bad as she told the girl that she was Michael’s wife and that everything he had told her was a lie. Her whole life fell apart in that moment, the pain of betrayal could be seen in her eyes. Things went from bad to worse when Jenny took out the pictures of the other five women in Michael’s life and slowly showed each one to the rapidly crumbling girl before her. By the end of it Maggie was crying so much her boss had to send her home, which meant that Jenny wasn’t very popular in the shop. Jenny offered to give the girl a lift home to her flat, and made her a mug of tea to try and calm her down.
They sat in the flat and talked for a couple of hours where Maggie explained the rough idea of a plan that she had to get revenge. Maggie surprised her new friend when she offered to help and explained how she was going to do it.

Clarissa

Clarissa Clemence was a 24-year-old legal secretary that had moved to Bristol from South Wales when she was eighteen, first to study and then to work. Nine months ago, she had met a charming man over lunch and it wasn't long before she was sharing much more than a chicken salad with Michael Cole.
For the last few months she had been expecting her boyfriend to propose to her, such was her perception of their relationship.
Upon meeting Jenny, she too had desperately wanted to hate her rival for Michael’s attentions. But as Jenny herself had found out when she met Maggie some things are just never going to be possible. All she could see in the woman before her was somebody in as much pain as she was, and that pain was joined by a seething anger as photographs of even more women were revealed and the smile on the face of Michael began to look less charming and a lot smugger and leery.
Jenny was beginning to discover just how powerful hate could be and how quickly love turns to hate. So far there were three of them. Three women who had loved Michael Cole, all of them giving everything we had and all of them feeling betrayed.

Hilary

Clarissa and Jenny went together to meet the next woman on the list, Hilary Peters. Initially they waited outside her place of work, which was a big risk as she shared a building with Michael but he had told his wife that he was going away overnight for a conference, although Danni Wentworth assured her that he was meeting another of his girlfriend’s, so the women decided it was worth the risk. When Hilary hadn’t appeared after several hours Clarissa volunteered to in to the building to look for her, her face when she returned was not a joyous one.
“They fired her,” she reported, “and by the sound of it, Michael was involved.”
The two women drove out of the city to the village of Whitchurch where they found Hilary at home and there was no need to make her hate Michael, he’d done that job all on his own. Michael had been paired with Hilary on an important project at work and, true to form, it didn’t take long for him to persuade his new partner to join him in bed as well as online. Somebody at work had tried telling her that Michael was married but when she faced him he said that his treacherous wife had left him for another man. Naturally she believed him, whether you want to believe that the women are at fault for being gullible or if the man has a talent for deception the one thing that is certain they all believed everything he told them. As the three women talked to each other in Hilary’s home it became apparent that each of the women could spot the manipulation, deceit and the lies in the others lives; they just couldn’t see it when it was happening to them.

Just as her project with Michael was coming to an end rumours started flying around that Hilary was going to get a promotion, both Clarissa and Jenny remembered Michael complaining about ‘some woman’ at work was getting promoted ahead of him. Strangely, he never mentioned that he was having an affair with her. With just days to go some information had been found on Hilary’s computer that suggested she had been selling the work her and Michael had been doing to a rival company. As she knew that she hadn’t put it there, there was only one way that the information could have found its way to her hard drive and that was that Michael put it there. But as he was also the man who found the information nobody at the office would believe her and she was fired.
Meeting Clarissa and Jenny with their tales of philandering and deception simply made her hate for Michael even fiercer.

Cheryl

The fourth of Michael’s victims was easy to track down. Doctor Cheryl Cooke was a consultant at one of Bristol’s top private hospitals. She had met Michael when the hospital upgraded their computer systems and he had to install the new software systems for them. He had wined and dined the Doctor, slowly drawing her in until she was smitten.
Like all of his girlfriends, Cheryl thought that she was the only woman in Michael’s life and Jenny once again found myself comforting a woman that she had originally set out to hate. For over two hours they sat in one of the hospitals on-site restaurants and talked about Michael, how every about him had seemed so perfect and so easy to accept. Apart from Maggie every woman that Michael had sucked in was highly intelligent and down to earth, yet every one of them had fallen for his tricks.

Sarah

The final piece of the jigsaw was the hardest for Jenny. You see the woman’s name was Sarah Cole and she was Michael’s wife. At least, as far as she knew she was. About a year ago Michael had spent a week in Silicon Valley working with an American company to find an answer to a question that was beyond the capabilities of the English. He had asked Jenny to go with him but at the time she couldn’t get away from her own work at the lab so, telling her that he was going on his own, he took Sarah instead. Showing an impulsiveness that he had never shown before Michael took his companion on a flight to Las Vegas where they got married. As far as Sarah knew Michael had filed all the proper papers when they got back to England, but he never did.
Sarah was probably the only one of his girlfriends that he could have pulled of his bigamy act because, like Jenny she worked two or three nights a week and with Michael, supposedly, spending nights away with his work it just about managed to fit into place.

To be continued…

In chapter 4 Jenny and her new allies work together to get Michael into panties and out of (or should that be to) the office.

You can read chapter 4 now on my blog at

https://anna-namaus.wixsite.com/mysite/blog

Anna Sig HD 2.pngTime to Pay Front Lo Res.jpg

up
132 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wow! What an ass!

Michael has truly screwed the pooch, committing adultery with five women and falsely marrying one of the five while married to Jenny.

All six women want a piece of him and they will get their revenge. Michael has no idea of what lies ahead for him. I can't pity him at all.

I'm glad that Jenny managed to avoid falling into the "hate the other woman" mindset and acted civilly toward the other women.

Revenge is a dish best served cold

Miss Jessica's picture

Anna,

Another excellent job. I hope that Jenny and the other women take the opportunity to slowly punish him for what he's done, that he learns something from what he's done (and that it's not just the standard revenge scenario) and that it never degenerates into internal warfare among them.

Jess

Tragedy

It would be a tragedy to turn this guy into a woman. Women don't to deserve an ass like that being inflicted upon them.
I would operate on him so he has meat and no veg. Tattoo on garish makeup and turn him loose in some ladyboy brothel in the far east. He can then have a different boyfriend every night

Going to hit the wall hard!

Not usually a revenge reader, but I'm so getting into this one because he's no better than a rapist. Waiting not so patiently for his comeuppance.

Nice job, Anna!

Santacruzman

Ouch

I would not wish to be in Michael`s shoes when these women get there hands on and into him.

Well done Anna

Love and hugs
Sam

SamanthaAnn

Oh boy has this cad goofed

Jamie Lee's picture

Michael is in for one rude awakening. His horrible habit has his butt in a wringer in a big way, and he is not going to like what these ladies have in story for him.

But he made his bed and must lie in it.

Others have feelings too.