Do You Believe In Magic? Chapter 20

Printer-friendly version

Yasmine sat on top of Arion as she and several other witches protected the others from magical attacks from the white witches of the HSL and the Hunter organization. They had made their move early in the morning and set off a non-magical alarm. They were attacking the holding facility where the captured were taken and held. A few of the captors were study and dissected. There were rumors that some of the captors were experimented on.

“How are you holding out Yasmine?’ Arion was concerned because Yasmine’s hands were still healing.

“I’m alright. The healing salve I put on this morning is numbing my hands and has speeded up the healing.” Yasmine had seen the skin that had grown back on her hands this morning.

Her mother had given her a pair of silk gloves she had enchanted to speed up the healing and to protect her hands. Yasmine raises her hand and blocks an attack that had been directed towards some nearby Were’s.

“Arion let’s get closer and give them a taste of your thunder and lightning.” A smile appears on her face as she thinks about a scene from Run Down.

Arion starts charging towards the white witches that had sent the spell they had blocked. He made sure they heard his thunder as he charges towards them. He let loose with a few lightning bolts of his own towards a group of white witches. The lighting strikes the group and a few of them drop as it strikes through their protective shields.

“Do it again Arion.” Yasmine starts chanting as Arion lets loose another bolt.

Just as it strikes the group again, a loud sonic boom sounds and all the mages that had been standing were laying on the ground smoking.
None of them were moving as they laid there.

Yasmine was smiling as they rode up to them. She hops down off Arion and secure them. There was a deep wide cater where Arion’s lightning bolt had hit. She had increased the power of it to the point their personal or joint shield couldn’t protect them.

“You need to use that spell more often.” Arion had been impressed by the power he felt.

“Maybe, it takes a little out of me.” Yasmine walks back over to Arion and swings back up into her saddle.

“Hey Yasmine, we need a door made. You think Arion can do it?” Jerry looks at Yasmine to see if Arion could do it.

“Let’s see what we can do.” Yasmine and Arion walk over towards the wall.

“Be careful Yasmine. The wall is reinforced and protected.” Jerry moves away from the wall.

“Not for long it isn’t” Yasmine backs Arion up towards the wall.

“Alright partner, let the wall have it.”

Arion leans forwards and brings his hind hooves up and kick at the wall. Sparks fly as his hooves hit the wall and explodes as his hooves go right through the wall. He retracts his hooves and step towards Yasmine.

“Is that big enough for you?” Yasmine looked at the hole Arion just made. It was big enough for a person to walk through, but not Arion.

“Yep, I would say so. Are you going join me inside?”

“Arion, will you be alright out here guarding the hole?”

“Go on. I’ll be alright.” If he could feel Yasmine, he will know where she is.

Yasmine follows Jerry inside and couldn’t believe the condition some of the occupants were in. As they pass the cells, she was seeing cells that the occupants were in their own filth and others that were so scarred and bandaged up. Yasmine felt sick to her stomach. She had to run back to the hole she came through and throw-up.

“Are you alright, Yasmine?” Arion nudges her.

“How can people be so cruel to others?” Yasmine looks at Arion with tears in her eyes.

Jerry had seen Yasmine run off with her hand covering her mouth. He gives her a few minutes and heads back towards the hole they had come in through. He couldn’t believe what they had seen and forgot that Yasmine was only ten years old. He walks through the hole and see her hugging Arion.

“Are you alright, Yasmine?” He could see she had her face buried against Arion’s shoulder.

“I’ll be okay. Why don’t you get one of the others to go with you Jerry?” Yasmine looks to him.

“I think you’re right. I’m sorry you had to see what you saw, but now you know what we are facing, Yasmine.”

“I know, Jerry. I’m going to go and find Courtney.” Yasmine swings up onto her saddle and ride off to find Courtney and Ava. She knew if one was nearby, the other was too.

She finds Courtney and Ava in their hybrid form facing off against a group of people wearing armor from the middle ages. They had some weird insignia on the cloth armor overcoat. They had a shield with the same insignia. Yasmine could feel the magic embedded in the armor. She pulls her knives out and throws one at the head of one guy. Her aim was true, and the knife went straight through the guys helmet and into his head.

“I didn’t know my knives were that magical.” Yasmine looks at her knife and forgot that it was magical. It had the head of a wolf as a handle.

Yasmine watches as one of the knights turn around to face her. He starts running towards her and Arion. The electrical field springs up around
Arion as the Knight gets closer. He swings his sword and Arion actual felt the sword cut through his field and hit his skin. Even Yasmine felt as the sword cuts into Arion’s skin.

Yasmine tosses her other knife down at the guy, but he blocks her throw with his shield. Her knife lands on the ground behind the knight. He goes to attack her, but she slips out of her saddle, put Arion between her and the knight.

Arion steps forward and brings his legs down hard on the knight’s foot, crushing from his strength. Yasmine uses her saddle to swing under

Arion and slam both her feet into the knight’s other leg. Yasmine jumps back up into the saddle and look down at the knight as he lays on the ground. She pulls another knife and throw it at his chest. Instead of bouncing off his armor, the knife sinks into his chest.

“I think he’s dead, Yasmine.” Arion couldn’t detect a heartbeat.

“Duck, Yasmine!” Courtney was tossing one of the knights in the direction Yasmine was.

Yasmine lays flat against Arion’s neck as a body goes flying over her. She felt the person pass right over her back. She sits back up and look behind her and saw the knight laying on his stomach.

“I think you broke him, Courtney.” Yasmine summons her knives back from the bodies and the one laying on the ground.

She looks back towards Ava and Courtney and saw Ava’s fist go through the knight’s armor and pull his heart out. Yasmine just shakes her head as she walks closer to Ava and Courtney. She slides down off Arion and looks down at the knight by her feet.

“Who are they?” Yasmine kneels to look at the armor.

“They are the Knights of the Hunter Organization. Normally, you don’t see them, but because Ava pissed them off. They have been coming here to the States to take her hide.” Courtney looks towards Ava.

“So, why are they here?” Yasmine was curious.

“They were guarding this place. They know more about the supernatural than any other Hunter or HSL member.” Courtney walks over and picks up the one she threw towards Yasmine and drag him back to the others.

Yasmine helps where she can for the rest of the day. They managed to take the facility and help the ones that had been capture. Yasmine helps serve and feed the all the occupants. There were a few that had to be knocked out, because their mind was to mess up from what was done to them. It was going to take all their healers to heal everyone they found. Yasmine stays busy helping and saw that some of the people they freed were children. Yasmine goes and finds Arion and just hugs him tight. Her parents were in another group and the only people she knew here were Carmen, Ava and Courtney. She could see that Ava was pissed. Courtney was doing everything she could to calm Ava down. Carmen wasn’t showing any emotion, but when she got close to her, the air was colder.

Yasmine skips dinner and just go and take a soak in the tub. She wishes one of her parents were here right now with her. She couldn’t understand why people would do what they did to the people they freed. Are people so stuck-up with their religious beliefs that they can’t understand they are doing more harm than good?

She gets out and dry off and head straight to her bedroom and just lay down and cry.

up
230 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments