Shadowsblade: Summertime...Shadow on the heart

Printer-friendly version

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade

Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and without.

This is the story of a man who finds a magic box, one that changes him into a Teenage Drow girl (a dark elf) and he has to deal with the very sudden change. Then handle all the memories of a Drow that was 'made' for a long lost war. This new part of him, has 40,000 years of memories of fighting that war. She has to deal with all that pent up PTSD, her enemy is here, but she loves her. Her old Queen is here and she wants to kill, that Queen ohh so bad!

So far in the story, Rohanna is being sent to a high school for mutants. While in school, she has to learn to keep that temper in check and her vast skills at killing others! She has been attacked in Boston while shopping, by her new lover by accident of fate and by an assassin that nearly kills her.

The last major hurdle in her short new life, is that a science project gone mad! Has made an exact clone of her and linked it mentally to her every thought, it reacts like an extension of her body now.

In this chapter

The summer has to end and the heart is the key
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

Monday, August 20, 2007 9:10AM
Whateley Academy

Well here it was basically one week to go and school would be starting once again for me. 'AND' this was the second time or maybe it was the third time?' My mind had to sarcastically ask itself, I had done this once as a human, once as a Drow at the Sidhe academy and now as a blend of the two?

We strolled slowly through campus and thought back to this past weekend at Kent's roadhouse and that little chat Tabitha Turner had with us, Lily's mom thought after school was done with, we Drow should go the 'hero' route in life and we had to laugh at her suggestion internally. We Drow thought like Drow and acted like Drow, even though we were part human. We...the both of us had no real care for humans in general outside of our close set of friends and we thought that would never change?...But life is long and who knows what will come?

But today's visit to the Whateley campus was a bit of a compromise and a situation to kill two birds with one stone. Very early this morning we were up at ARC doing our sets of monthly testing, just as we or I had agreed to and Otto suggested that I finish my main physical down here at Whateley to satisfy his bosses and the school yearly admission tests at the same time...so to Whateley we went!

Both of us Drow waved to Ophelia as we entered Doyle med center, "Hi ya doing Doc, we missed ya and it's great that we did not have to see ya for anything during summer?" I tried not to lie, after that July fight versus Reverend Roberts we could have come here, but why when we had access to the Grove?

"Good to see that my Drow are still in two pieces and standing?" she chuckled a warm greeting to us both.

"Like someone once called us, the cockroaches of the Elven world are Drow!" I boasted the half insult and praise I was given months back.

She pointed us right towards an open exam room, then a long lock of her mind controlled hair closed the door behind all three of us as she entered herself, "Well, did you both have a good summer vacation?" Ophelia asked as we sat down on the large exam table that was sturdily built to hold the largest and heaviest of mutant teens.

"Working vacation, nothing big happened during our stay in Australia." I admitted while hiding behind the small fact, I had just left out all of the state side fights we had to deal with!

"Nice to hear that and I have been told New Zealand is beautiful this time of year!" she told me and started to gather up two trays full of supplies from the cabinets for examining us twins. Ophelia's mutation of having mentally controlled, very long hair was handy in situations like this, examining two of us at the same time!

"Ohh it was very nice," I said commentating back on how utterly beautiful the country was this summer, "I or we loved how natural the place was...so very far out from all human influence." we smiled to her in turn as she walked back over to us holding a dozen trays of supplies aloft with her long hair.

"Humm might have to get you to port me there for a long lunch someday soon?" she pondered the thought for herself.

"We can do that for you anytime and take someone with you of course!" I winked to her as that long hair of her's did its part in examining us both.

"I might love that and ask for that trip on a long night this winter...for me and one other?" she implied that it might be a very long night indeed with her hint to me.

"So any of my fellow Sidhe show up as new students this term?" I wondered if anymore of us Fae had shown up yet for this term at Whateley.

"None so far, but we do have a strange mix of other creatures and I might ask you more about them soon enough, if you do know anything?" she asked me and I nodded back to her my willingness to help her out.

Ophelia drew several samples of our blood and left us to use our spells that made them inert to magic, then had an assistant take them from the room for her, "Well you are just as I left you a few months back and the only changes I spotted? Are you grew about half an inch since your first measurement, then added about ten pounds in weight via new muscle and bone. That scar from the sword attack on your chest and back has fully vanished and now I find it nearly impossible to tell you both apart. But I can spot the differences in the way you both act!" she smiled, as she told us the results of the exam.

"And that difference is?" I just had to ask!

"You!" she points a finger to my chest, "You are the most human one, a teen Sidhe or Drow for the most part and she!" Ophelia points at the twin next to me. "She is the Drow, I can tell by the way you both act. She is serious, she studies me while I work and you are withdrawn...thinking to yourself about what is going on around both of you and the why it's going on?"

"Really?" we both say in stereo.

"It's very obvious to those who know you! Most of those changes, have happened in the months since you left for summer vacation are absolutely huge! I am sure if pressed too hard, you both would fall back on old habits from the first weeks of your going here to Whateley...of being withdrawn and mad at the world. But I really think we humans rubbed off on both of you for the most part, or you are blending in trying to fit in till you need to lash out?" she wondered out loud to us and I am sure wondered to herself if we were hiding much deeper issues?

"Hummm...I guess we Drow have to see Bellows even more this term then?" I almost giggled, but could not.

"That might be a good idea, if you agree to it? Because we would never force you to do something you both don't agree with." she told us farther.

"Thanks ma'am, we appreciate that you trust us more now than last term."

"Well my work is done here, unless you want to chat a little more? But in any case, you can go over to Shuster hall, so you can agree with the class schedule laid out or make changes to it?"

"I'll be going then ma'am" I said as Rehanna grabbed the door for both of us.

"See you next week or so?" Ophelia said to us.

"Ophy...we can have lunch and chat?" Rehanna said to Ophelia's surprise, the Drow had used the doctors nickname and not her 'doctor' title or ma'am.

~o~O~o~

Monday, August 20, 2007 11:20 AM
Whateley Academy, Shuster Hall

As I crossed the campus at a slow stroll, we noticed that the huge remodel of Poe was almost finished with and we should stop by to see what room Mrs. Horton had reserved for us both after we finish up with our run into Shuster!

I entered the Shuster hall building quickly and hopped up the stairs as fast as my playful leaps of fun could, we liked the slower pace of not having classes right now and remembered that this was the main office at the same time, so we should get going before someone got mad at us messing around!

Us twins stopped at the huge message board and searched it over for any new club offers or fun to be had. The only thing of note was the huge BBQ party for Labor day weekend just before school officially opened up for us students.

Rehanna flipped a few notes aside and found a new one for a archery team that one of our students started, "I guess we had an effect on them after all? she reasoned to me.

"Yep and maybe they will have fun too?" I added with a smile.

"I bet we get a call from them for some tutoring or mentoring?" Rehanna said as she made mental notes on the contacts given for the club.

"I am sure, but we will wait till they ask us. Just in case they want to give us some space?"

On the next message board was the 'private notes' they were in simple or strange codes from someone in the outside world to someone that might be going here. The whole board was layered with thin board after thin board and a note stayed up here till it was answered or ten years passed by...that was the tradition. Some of the layers nearest the back were that old and would stay till that ten year mark...after that it was assumed you the intended note reader or the sender were very dead!

We both loved scanning the notes for the fun of it over the months last term, who or what was being said you never quite knew...that was the intent of the whole service!

Rehanna flipped the newest board over to swing away on it's hinges and a layer that was a month old at best was next for her and me to read over, That is when I spotted it.

"Three symbols for...child, young, baby and then teach, learn, academy. Then
add a crest for a long dead Elvin family, I know by heart" The pure white paper of the Xerox copy stared back at us Drow.

"That is from that...Falk lady!" I gasp and Rehanna clamps a hand over my mouth.

"You know better, shut it...keep that human part of you still and silent darn you!" she warns me and I nod back to her.

I yank the paper fee of it's pins and fold it all up into a small square, so that only the number on the back shows outside. This is the system here, a small attempt at anonymity for both the user and the holder of the rest of the note.

The system is moderately simple, a letter arrives at Whateley or one of many PO boxes the school maintains, a copy is made of the communication page or note. A number is issued to reference the original and the note, or letter, or whatever is placed into a large plain envelope. The new copy has that same number printed on its back and placed on the board.

Next step, the copy waits until the person the message it was intended for reads it. They take this copy from the message board, turn the message in at the main office, but the office staff member handling the claim is not the same one as the first person that dealt with the incoming original message or the copy and knows nothing about the number. After they reference the number, they pull that now sanitized of all tracing information envelope from the vault and you are handed the sealed envelope!

We both walked down several hallways in utter silence, ~"What can she want from us?"~ I mentally questioned my other half.

~"Who knows, but it has to be bad, very bad for her to ask for our help...She had lots hidden money and should have never needed us?"~ Rehanna told me mentally as she wondered to herself silently or to me.

When both of us Drow walked slowly into Mrs. Hartford's office door, I knocked out of habit...open door or not! "Ma'am can we come in, unless we are interrupting you?" I asked the assistant headmistress of the school.

She nodded my way instantly, "Why no Rohanna, come in please and what can I do for you?" Amelia asked me, as a stack of papers was shoved aside on her huge desk to deal with our need.

"Ma'am I have this?" I sighed out slowly, handing her the note number side up.

She read the number shown on the back to me without any emotion, then asked me at a whisper, "You sure that this one is yours and do you need any help honey?"

"No ma'am, I am sure that one is ours and I don't need help." I told her. Mrs. Hartford might be a 'hardass' the school called her most of the time, but when she was doing this job for us students she cared about us and anyone in such or so much trouble that sending a message this way...a last resort, meant some serious business.

Hartford stood up from behind her large desk and crossed the room to a closet door that she opened to a short hallway of safes. she stopped at a large file cabinet style one, used a code on the lock and pressed her necklace to the lock, I am sure I heard a whispered spell as the drawer slid open to her. She mumbled the number to herself as she quickly flipped through the files, pulled out one and closed the drawer, then spun the lock three times.

She added a phone number to the flap, then handed me a large sealed envelope, "Call me here or my drop at Kent's place. They know me there by that phone number." she offered us help in her own special way.

After we left the office, Hartford sighed out to herself, "I wonder who or what would call for help this way from the Drow twins, it has to be a human? Because a Fae or Sidhe has other more secure ways to communicate with them both and us human would never know it even happened!"

We walked out of the building, then stood in the quad staring at the large envelope. No one could read it till it was opened and even the flap was sealed with a spell that showed any tampering to the end user.

"We should open that in the Grove." Rehanna suggested to me in Drow, as I thought the very same thing myself!

"You're right, far too many ways to spy on campus and kids that do just that for fun or profit!" I said back to my twin in Drow, the only language that I knew was secure...those few students that did know even part of the Drow language...they would never talk about our secrets!

After we ported to the Grove and here I knew for a fact no human could track us or listen to us here! One of my daggers slit the envelope open slowly, a single sealed letter slide out along with the original letter that contained it and the original posting for the bulletin board.

I read the letter after it was open and it was from the Falk lady just as I has expected. Both of her kids had indeed mutated as I had warned her months ago, her girl into a 'blond haired elf, with violet eyes' Mrs. Falk described her daughter's appearance now and the detailed description of her son's change floored both of us Drow.

We both huddled even closer to reread the description again, then once more to be sure and its words hit us like a hammer, "Gaea must be testing us or this is a trap set by humans!" Rehanna said coldly.

"Gaea might be rewarding us, but a trap set by humans is very high possibility. They know we would risk anything to save a fellow Sidhe and especially one that looked just like us...we would never stop coming for them!" I said rereading the short description once again.

"He has nearly purplish black skin, long white hair to his knees and all white eyes that see far more than his sister does. He is nearly six foot and muscular for a boy his age." her words told me again.

"Let's go ask the one person we both know would never stab us in the back over this...Paige! After we made sure that Peter Falk no longer breathed months ago, she would kill for us and even more if this is a trap laid for all of us!" Rehanna hissed out as we both ported quickly away to Hawthorne where Paige's dorm room was.

After spending some short time catching up with the housemother of Hawthorne, we asked her permission to see Paige down stairs and she agreed instantly.

I knocked lightly at Paige's door, the only one on this leg of the basement hallway. Because she had such a large room laid out for when she went full 'Werepanther' and needed the extra room for her bigger size and wilder needs!

Paige opened the door to us and handed us both a orange pop from her large fridge, "Cantrel called down to tell me you are here!" she laughed at us and quickly closed the door behind all three of us girls.

Paige gave us both a huge warm furry hug, as her long tail bounced happy back and forth at our presence, "Why are you here, I hope it's not trouble?" she said and fell with a plop onto her bed.

I took a spot in the large fluffy chair and Rehanna jumped on the huge swinging log hung from chains across the room for the fun of it! "Well what do you have for me girl or is this a fun only visit?" (the log was there for Paige's more 'wild' days)

I handed her the letter to read over, the quickest way to do this task in my mind and Paige put on her cute 'sexy librarian' glasses to read it. After she was done, her face was certainly showing more than a little disbelief in what she just read.

"So you sure this came from her?" she had to ask cautiously.

"Yes, that is the code we or I gave her at the time and no one else knew it, or could know it." I insisted.

"Well I will get on the internal CIA net and see if there is any word on her or the kids being found like she hints at or a trap being laid out for you?"

"I know you trust Blue, but none of him on this one. We keep this in family and I insist on that please?" I pleaded with her and she knew I meant family as in Sara's close ones, ones that had beyond blood bonds like we all had.

"As you wish, I will get Donna up at ARC on this too via code Sara showed us one night before...before.." Paige started to cry and got me going a little too.

"I know and someday she will be back." I sniffed sadly for a second with her.

"On it now," she said as her body leaned back to the wall for comfort on a pillow and her glasses came off to hang around her neck on a gold chain. The wall of computers across the room spun up at her silent command as she drifted off into them with her cyber spirit.

While Paige was gone, one of her other computers came alive and a holo of Blue filled that side of the room, "Where is Paige, she is ignoring me!" he barked at me, then finally noticed who was really sitting in the room as I smiled a now trademark fang filled grin at his image.

"Blue we are working and butt out for now buddy." I warned him gently.

"Heya Ro, we were supposed to be working on the new Poe internet firewall today, but I guess this comes first and if I can ask?" he started.

"No you may not, so please go and no snooping or your comic collection will find it's new home under a rock in New Zealand!" I warned him.

"Got it mean lady, you win and I am gone!" he said and his holo winked out of existence. I knew that he would obey my warning, he knows my warnings are not threats and I can really hurt him!

Paige's wall of computers clicked alive one row at a time for the next three hours as they came to life for her extended searching of the net and the hidden dark corners she only knew about. Out there, somewhere in the vast internet. Her mind sought out information one byte at a time on anything dealing with Falk, me or Drow, then lastly Sidhe of any form and she hit gold in Colorado state. One hit located at a college research hospital that had records that only lasted for few seconds of net time before they were erased and happened to be the same one that Blue had mentioned a few days back?

Paige traced Blue's path on the net and into his very own computer without him knowing. She was far better at this than he ever could be, she lived here inside the net and it was her mutation. His mutated power was more divisor knack, than full blown mutation like her's, so he lagged behind her on all things computer!

Her system scooped up the data she offered it, made a complete copy and she left the system like she was never there!. Blue might ask someday, but a promise made like the one Ro had asked for...ran much deeper than friendship would even go, this shared bond was souls that touched in life!

Paige blinked back to the real world as I was busy texting Bill that I would be late for dinner and was safe at Whateley for now. "So find anything girl!" I sang to her as I saw that she was back with us.

"Ro, all that is out there? Is that one mention that Blue had found about Drow a week or so back in Colorado and that's it elf chick?" she said while snatching up a coke off her table and drinking the whole bottle in one huge gulp.

"No CIA stuff at all?" I had to ask even though I knew she would have said something about it!

"Nope, not one little peep. But that letter could have come from that area, a dead drop would have been marked just the same as that one is from a regional PO box anywhere in the area?" she added knowing the system far better than I did...the new human systems was something I was still learning to follow with her help.

"Mrs. Falk gave me a burner cell phone, I still have it in storage and the battery has never been in it...besides it being in the either...it can't get a signal?" I offered her what I had on the subject.

"I would get it out, power it up while you are here so I can hide the signal on the net and let's see if she answers your call?" she cautioned me and offered a plan.

It took some doing on my part, the box that held it was in my deepest storage and I actually had to pull my bronze box from the ether to even get that! Paige sat on her bed while I did what I needed to do, she did not even question the darn thing showing up unlike most do when they see it. I guess being with Sara does that to you after awhile, you just accept life as it comes and the wonderment of being a regular human leaves you?

Once I had the little thing in hand, I offered it to her for examination even before we put the battery back in. Paige plugged it into her system, then silently plunged her very self into the small device to see what was maybe hidden in it and came back to me in seconds.

"Nothing in that, all factory fresh and untouched by human hands. That phone has never even received a call or sent one!" she gave me with a smile.

"Okay so you say it's good and this room traps all cell signals within it?" I asked.

"Yep it does and I will send that call all over the world long before she picks the call up to lose anyone that even tries to trace the call back to us or over to her?" Paige added her expertise on the subject to me.

"Well since you control all things that go 'beep'!" played with her, "You are in charge then?"

"When you are ready?" Paige offered me the lead again.

I turned the small cheap phone on and pressed the 'select' button on the only number in it's storage. The phone rang on speaker setting, so that we both could listen in with ease and Mrs. Falk took ten rings to answer my call.

"I hope this is you and so I know it is...what does your face mask look like?" she questioned me instantly.

"Skull..." was my one word answer.

"And what room did we last talk in?"

"The one that flushes all...." I gave her simply and really did not tell anyone a clue on the other end of the line, one who might not actually be her.

"What did you ask me to do while I was in bed?" she asked now.

"Clean your rugs..." I gave only one part of what I said.

"Last question....what is your girlfriend?"

"Devil in a blue dress..." I had to giggle a hidden joke that would hide who Sara was and Mrs. Falk would understand I am sure.

"That is close enough for me and 'hi' again assassin. I know you said that you might not ever answer my plea for help and that you can't really help me...but I...my kids are in so much trouble! If they figure out who we are...they are dead and I know how you want to protect kids...help...us?" she cried on to us both over the phone line.

Paige put a holo message floating in the air for me to read, "No trace from anyone outside and yep she is in Colorado Springs area."

I had to sigh before speaking, "So are they really elves and are tested as such?"

"Can't test them, that will get attention we don't need. the DNA test will point right to us all!" she cried on almost hysterically to the line.

"You do know a small blip was on the net, one that mentioned a Drow or dark elf boy. Just a sentence really made it out, but out it was for a short time?" I had to warn her of the mistake made by someone near her.

"Ohh one of the doctors made a mistake and left that on a computer...That got out...ohh no they will find us!" she shouted nearly crying and started to mentally lose it now.

"Hush now, it was small and so nearly nothing only an expert I know even found it, only because of the elf part within the report." I offered solace that this was a very small mistake.

"Thank God!" she sighed out slowly and I could tell she was barely holding it all together.

"No thank Gaea...your boy is one of her's from now on and so is your daughter. So get used to it" I made fun of her and her need to offer praise to the right higher being from now on.

Paige acted like she was choking to make fun of me and I feigned a slap her way in silent reply. "So I have to hazard a guess, you want to meet and see what I can do for you three?"

"Yes!"

"Well I have to see your kids to know if they are what you said and see if this is a trap set for me?" I ask.

"I will meet you and you can tell...if I lie about them?" she says to me.

"How do you know that?" I have to wonder, but not admit to having the power.

"Brian had your full file from ARC, plus a school's files before he died and my son has all of it now?" she told me and that information floored me a little...there were copies and I eyeballed Paige like crazy for it!

"On it, I will find every last word of that file outside of ARC that is in the wrong hands and clean the net as best I can?" the floating holo text offered up to me.

I knew deep inside that the net would never be clean of that information, ARC had sold copies, but they knew who to and that kid was not one of them!

"I still need to see the children myself?" I asked again.

"I can't ask them to go out, they will get spotted. My daughter Tonya can hide her Elven looks, but Kevin...there is no hiding that!" she almost yelled to me.

"So neither one of them knows or controls any magic yet or has any skills to do so?"

"No, both of them are kids..." she worries to me.

"Does...Kevin have one heart or two?" Rehanna asks from her perch on the log swing.

"He has only one, why do you ask?"

"Some Sidhe have two. I need to know what race he is...that is all?" I offer and mentally ask Rehanna why the question.

~"Have to know, is he one of us and one heart says no. He is the one of the unchanged and you know about this...just remember it?"~ she instructs me mentally.

~"I understand, but we can...fix him?"~

~"Fix or really bring him up to our standards!"~ she smiles to me and I feel from her and myself what the smile really means down deep.

Mrs. Falk interrupts our mental chat with her next statement, "I did not know that some elves have two hearts?"

"They do, but very few...we have to find a place to meet up at...one that I will choose for all of us." I told her next.

"Yes we need to meet very soon!" she said almost panicking.

"Do you have a car and can both of your kids sit in back of it unseen? So I can see them myself and know for sure that this is not a trap for me?" I insist next.

"I don't want them there?"

"Then I am not coming if I can not be sure that this is not a trap?" I say and hope she has brains enough to pull through and prove it to me. I do not want to turn my back on the possibility that there are two Sidhe in need of my help!

"Fine I will bring them both, there is a...."

I interrupt her, "I choose the place and....give me a second to find one." I said and wave over to Paige's holo to find me a good spot, but have to mute the phone to tell her what I need.

"Well this one looks good?" Paige says.

After the phone is muted, "I need a spot that is more park like, not mall and has lots of places for me to hide in.." I suggest.

"A city park with places to hide...that's nuts!" Paige tells me.

"A park, where I rule and spirits of nature tell me where a HUMAN is hiding!" I tell her the short version of the facts.

"Ohh ya.." Paige says, then shows me a map of a large park near the college.

"Mrs. Falk...there is a park here near the college. Be there in twenty minutes." I practically demand.

"That is far from me, I might not make it?" she ponders to me.

"I know where you are by your phone and you have enough time to make the meet...if you move right now?" I admit that we know more than she does right now.

"You traced my phone!" she shrieks to me in surprise.

"Yes, did you think I would not. Remember you are asking for my help and have no place to make demands on me whatsoever!" I tell her the simple facts of our continued conversation.

"Fine, I will get both of my kids ready and meet you on the bench you mentioned, they will be in the nearest parking lot in a black minivan." she hung up instantly to get moving was my guess?

"Well you want me to come with ya or not?" Paige asked me or us.

"Please no, stay here where you can keep a better eye out with your tech skills." I asked her.

"There are a few camera's in that park since it borders the college campus, I will do overwatch via them and Ro....good luck girl?" she said to me quietly.

"I will come back and if I even feel twinge of something like that spell from Boston...I am SO GONE!" I laugh to her to ease her mind and mine!

~o~O~o~

Monday, August 20, 2007 3:10PM
Colorado Springs, Colorado
A large park nearby the state college grounds

We both ported to this place in seconds, Mrs. Falk or anyone that is using her as bait will take several more minutes to even get near this park. Paige has the net fully covered up and told us Drow via a 'spot' radio set near my ear, "There is no satellites looking down on you that are not mine right now and no drones of any size."

"Thanks Paige, I owe you dinner out" I had to offer.

"In and out cheese burgers on you!" she giggled to me on the radio.

Right now I waited just out of sight of the park bench, Rehanna was finishing up her quick run around the whole park's perimeter and was ending up that run in the parking lot that Falk agreed to stop in. Both Pixies flew high above both of us Drow keeping watch on the whole area. Then I knew Paige was watching over me via at least a dozen cameras that she was controlling and using every cell phone within a mile of here to spy on the whole city center!

Then Rehanna spotted a blue minivan with dark tinted windows, slowly enter the parking lot from her perch up in a tall tree. What gained her attention to the van, was that it circled the whole lot not once, but three times then pulled into a spot aimed at a driveway leading back out to the street. So that all a driver had to do, was start the van and gun the engine to be back on the road!

Rehanna watched the van, through the windshield she could see the Falk mother talk to her two kids for a few minutes, one of the kids...the girl, she leapt into the front seat and the boy stayed in the back hiding his face in a large hoodie top. With the girl in the front now, Rehanna could see her ears clearly and knew she was a fellow Sidhe by the scent, plus the glow of untrained magic coming off the teen in waves.

Rehanna made a quick mental note, that girl needs magic training and needs it fast! She is leaking essence all over the place and that makes her easy to track for a magic user. Then surely the boy has the very same issues too!

The mother slipped out of the van and hugged her daughter through the still open window, Rehanna overheard , "I will be back honey, but if you see something wrong...run...forget me and save yourselves at any cost...I love both of you." she cried as she walked away searching for threats in everything around her and checking on the van behind her constantly with quick glances over her shoulder.

Mrs. Falk hesitantly sits down on the very long bench she choose and watches the small crowds flowing around her for any threat...even though she could not spot one till it was far too late. She really was only a stay at home mother and had no real training, she only fired the gun her husband kept in the home a few times! That gun being in her purse right now gave her no comfort, she knew any trained person could take it in a split second and hurt or kill her!

Joannie noticed a blond teen sit on the long bench far away from her and she took out a brown bag that contained a sandwich that the teen started to eat.

"So come here often, I am thinking of going to school here after my high school is done?" the beautiful blonde teen asked and made Joannie Falk jump at the sound.

"No this is my first time, I just came to the city." Joannie admitted the truth to the teen, better to blend in than to stick out by not talking to the teen!

"Nice city here, I attend a boarding school in the east for now. But this might be a fun place to attend college at, with all the nice mountains around here and the parks are very nice." the teen sitting across the bench added as she took in a deep breath of the fresh mountain air.

"Like I said, have only been here a few weeks myself." Joannie dryly crackled back her answer, as her throat went dry from the stress of waiting for her meet.

"Here have a soda." the teen said pleasantly, as she slid across the bench nearer to Joannie's side and handed her a sealed bottle of orange pop.

Joannie took the bottle from the teen's hand and opened it while thinking, 'drinking this right now might help with her growing nervousness', "Thanks I really needed something right now." she sighed to the teen.

"No problem, you know I was thinking of going trick or treating next month as an sexy elf. You think that costume would look good on me?" the blond teen asked with a quick laugh.

All Joannie could do was stare at the teen only sitting a foot away from her side, "That's right it's me and don't freak out. Because if you do...I am so gone and forgetting you even exist!" the blonde teen warned her in a firm voice.

"But you don't look like an elf?" the mother wondered out loud about the teen just inches from her side.

"Magic, if I wanted to look like a Labradoodle and lick your hand in greeting. Magic can do that!" I boasted.

"So what are we going to do?" Joannie almost stuttered out in her voice of uncertainty about doing all this...exposing her kids to such danger.

"To start off with, you are going to tell me you are not part of the CIA or a trap. Then next, that your kids are here in the van and mutated as far as you know. Then that you need help, do this one after another...no blending of the answers and if you lie I will know instantly via a power I have...and I am gone!" I ordered her.

Joannie quickly and precisely did as I had requested of her, then sighed out when she was done, "Was that good enough?"

"That was just fine, I believe you now and we should all get going back to your place to clean it out." I said as I stood up quickly with purpose.

"Clean it out?" she asked puzzled at the thought.

I had come to the idea while she spoke, that coming home right now with me to Bill's was the only option she or her family had today. Make a clean fast, very quick untraceable break and go there to Bill's home. Then from that new safe house, we all could make long term plans for her and the kids.

"It is best to act right now, act fast and surprise anyone that might be following you or the kids. My moving you three so suddenly, three thousand plus miles will lose any tail and make sure that you are all safe." I said flatly and expected to be obeyed instantly by her or anybody!

"Okay?" she said, sounding so very unsure to my ears, but Joannie was indeed following me towards her waiting van and her two children.

"When we get to the car, tell them that I am your contact and have the boy hide in the back seat. I will take the seat behind you in the middle row and a friend will take the seat nearest me...you will not see them...they are using invisibility and you will only note the van moving slightly as they enter." I ordered her once again.

"I got it." she said while readying her purse to enter the small van.

"You sure, less mistakes out here mean less chances of messing up later and being found out?" I warned her.

She nodded back to me as we made it to the waiting van. Joannie opened her door as I stood near it and she told both kids as she got in, "Kevin in the very back right now, Tonya stay seated where you are...both of you stay silent and this is our new friend. She will get in the middle row after Kevin opens the sliding door a little for her and then Kevin hides again. When she gets in...NO QUESTIONS from both of you, say nothing no matter how strange it looks to either of you and stay still!" Joannie ordered her children in that mad mother style of voice that says...'mess this up and I will beat you silly!'

We Drow entered the van without a hitch, once I was all set in my seat and Rehanna was hidden from view by the row of other seats. I ordered Joannie once more, "Mrs. Falk, please pull the van smoothly out of the parking lots driveway towards home, drive the speed limit to the mile, no accelerating like mad, stop at the lights or stop signs like you are doing a driver's test and don't hit anything...please. Because if a cop stops us and wants to see the kids and they don't have MCO cards yet and the cops are assholes...killing cops is bad luck for all of us." is what I warn them all of the facts, no cops will stop us...unfortunately for them

Both of the kids do exactly as ordered by their mother and me. Tonya tried to turn around to ask me a question, but my harsh stare stopped her in mid first utterance and she went back to looking out the windshield. Kevin whispered out as he felt something in the seat near him, "Mom there is someone else in the car with us?" he warned.

"There is someone with us, my sister or other half and you don't need to worry about her...unless you move to attack me?" I chuckled to him over my shoulder.

Kevin just gulped back to me as his mother warned, "Please don't move honey, they are helping us...but don't move for right now." I could make out a slight tremor in her voice as she said that sentence.

Joannie pulled the van into a large housing tract filled with row after row of townhomes, then down three more streets to the last ones she needed and down the last driveway to her's. The garage door rolled up, as she hit the opener and my eyes never left watching her every move. Rehanna never stopped watching both children from her cloak of invisibly and both Pixies hovered by their chosen charge that they protected.

As the door rolled closed, I slide across the seat to the sliding passenger door, "I will get out first, then my sister and that is when we will let you out of the van one at a time. Do what we say to the letter and this will work out safely and quickly." I told them while finally opening the sliding door to get out of the van.

After I was safely out, Rehanna jumped out and ran upstairs like a shot to check out the house for any trouble. Both Pixies flew off with her to help with the large task. The three people of the Falk family exited the van in turn without a word, just as I had asked them.

All three of them stood there staring at me as all they stood at the homes stairs leading up to the main house, Rehanna mentally told me as we all waited, ~"Home is safe, Violet and Lilac are flying a loop around outside...safe to come up right now...all windows are already closed."~

I knew 'closed' really meant locked and covered up. The doors where exactly the same of course. "Well before we all go up, grab what you might want from down here, as this is the last time you will be in this home...ever!" I ordered all of them.

No one moved till Kevin grabbed a skateboard off the wall, "This is all I need from down here, sis you want your bike?" he nudged as he asked her with a knowing wink.

"Nope, never liked that one, the one or style I loved was at our old place." Tonya angrily growled out, as she moved towards the stairs. She must have been upset at losing that bike for some reason?

I grabbed the van's keys out of Joannie's hand as I said to her, "You will not need those anymore and toss any keys you have to this house away...they can be traced via magic to you all. And before you even ask me...that's right magic can trace a key that is made for the lock across the whole world and right to your pocket!" I tossed the set of keys at the van and those where quickly joined by three sets of house keys.

"Well before we go, I should get this over with...I maybe a mutant...but my looks are not very human." I warn the whole family as my illusion drops away with a shimmer and I stand before them as I really am...A Drow teen girl and not the blonde cheerleader.

Both the Falk girl and her mother Joannie do several double or triple takes of me and Kevin in quick succession as the poor boy gasps at me, "You look just like me!"

"That I do...I am or we are Drow and you...your sister and all of us are Sidhe or humans call us Elves." I told him and her in quick turns of my head and pointed at each of us in turn.

"So you are what my son is?" Joannie asks me next, just barely dealing with her shock I'd bet!

"No, not exactly the same...but him and me will talk about that later on alone. It is a subject that only he should really hear about for now?"

"So all of you get upstairs quickly, what we or you are going to do next...is gather all...everything you want from here. As you are never to come back here...ever...and I mean it!" I order as well as warn and point up the short stairs to the top.

All three of the family climb up into the living room and are greeted by a girl coming down the stairs in dark black leather armor, since the mother was leading the way. Joannie recognized the armor instantly from that night her husband died many months ago, "So it is you?" she asked.

"Yep me..." Rehanna said at nearly a giggle, as her hand pulled off her skull mask in one smooth motion and was now showing all three of them her twin face of a Drow that stood right behind them, "And it was her too!" she points at me just as I close the door going to the garage and recheck the front door I just passed by on the staircase landing.

"You are twins!" Tonya yelped out in surprise, "I did not see that one coming!"

"Twins per say and we will explain that one later too, it takes hours and my hand puppets that I use for the show are sadly at home!" I joked as I walked past them all and up to the next half level of the home, holding a kitchen, dining area and small bath on it's level.

As I went searching about and poked into their fridge for food, the Pixies blasted right past the family on their way to join in my snacking or fridge raiding, "Never seen Pixies before?" Rehanna grinned, then waved an arm up the stairs going up to the bedrooms level of the home, "NOW GET MOVING AND PACK!" she barked at the stunned three.

Very quickly, almost like marines packing for battle quickly! The family had all of its belongings packed into the fifteen bags now sitting on the living room floor. It was obvious to any onlooker they had done this exact same thing many times and had it down pat!

"Are you sure you have everything now from upstairs? Because after I drop a spell on it, there is no going back up there after that spell is all set!" Rehanna warns as I drop a spell on the garage below us via an open door.

"What does the spell do?" Tonya was first to ask and her brother nodded along with her question.

"This spell destroys all DNA up there you might have left behind, as well as fingerprints and other clues someone might use in tracking you or us." I explained as I closed the door leading down and the spell did it's job just behind it.

Rehanna nodded to me as I stepped right next to her, "Yes Rohanna is correct as always!" she played with me.

"All done up there." the family of three sang said in turn, answering my question, 'of grabbing anything else from upstairs' and Rehanna went up to set her spellwork into motion.

I placed all the bags into a tight circle on the tile floor of the living room, then drew a chalk line around the whole stack to ready it all for porting with me. Rehanna flew down the stairs after she was finished up and the Pixies landed on her shoulders.

"Okay all we are teleporting to a new home and get ready. Just touch my shoulders or arm and after we are gone...Rohanna will bring the bags next after I make some room for them?" Rehanna instructed the three going along with her.

I was ready and told Rehanna, that I was with a thought, ~"All set here"~

"Okay you three, if you get dizzy after we port there. Please sit down, then if you need to toss cookies or barf? TELL ME right away...pleeeeeease...the rug is hard to clean. Now if you are ready," she waited for three nods, "tray tables in upright position, keep your hand or arms on the Drow for liftoff and off we GO!" she shouted at the end and vanished.

After they vanished and I felt Rehanna tell me all was fine there in Bill's house, I dropped the spell on the room and the rest of the house with a three minute timer and ported away home.


~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadowsblade here.

This story in a joint venture with a group of fan fic authors, so far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe.

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Tormented by the past, Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
They say old soldiers never die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard
way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Born for eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave
their nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Watch what you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever
asked for.
This one is coming soon, bug him for it! lol

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Struggling with fate, Kelly has to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and
without.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade
Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to
find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones. Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind, get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional).
This is the Whateley Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

It's also very much a work in progress.'
If you want further information you will find them on.

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Whateley_Academy_Wiki

or

http://whateleyacademy.net/

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted

this warning is for our story stealers off site, not the BC family of readers we all know and love!

up
239 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Just gets better

Love the story, one of my favourites. More Sidhe coming and another Drow adding to the fun.
Huggs,
Glenda

more elves!

cool!

DogSig.png

Elvish

Great chapter with the prospect of more to come and new students.

alissa

Another nice addition

Jamie Lee's picture

Ro seems a bit on the paranoid side in helping Joanne and the kids. But given everything she's been through it's better than the alternative.

The kids need help, help only one place can give them, Whateley. But will Joanne let the go to that school? They don't have ID cards yet and would be fair game for the MCO.

Others have feelings too.

Mission Impossible

Oh they are so out of a job...lol