Do You Believe In Magic? Chapter 21

Printer-friendly version

Yasmine and Arion were out riding on Ava’s property. She needed the time to herself after what she saw yesterday when they freed those people. She tossed and turned all night last night and woke-up in a cold sweat. She wanted her mother, but she was with her father on another team. She could use Arion to run over to the team where her mother was, but she wasn’t going to do that. Instead she got up early and went for an early morning ride.

Yasmine looks out from on top of Arion at all the open space blanketed with snow that Ava owned. The place was bigger then her parents place. She’s already been to the other end of the property three times this morning. She had let Arion run and burn off some of the energy he had pent up.

“We’ve got company.” Arion had picked up on the Were-Dingo running towards him and Yasmine.

Gabe had gone out for his morning run, when he felt Arion’s unique magical energies out near the river that ran next to the property. He wasn’t looking for him, but wonder why Arion was this far out away from the other horses on the ranch. As he got closer he noticed that Yasmine was outside sitting on top of Arion. She was wearing her cobalt blue cloak for warmth. It had snowed heavily last night and the snow covering the ground was at least three feet deep. He heads towards Yasmine and changes into his hybrid form. He walks up to her and Arion. His connection to the Earth, made him immune to the cold.

“How are you feeling this morning, Yasmine?” He knew she was affected by what she says yesterday when they rescued the people that were prisoners of the HSL.

“To be honest, Gabe. I want my mother or my Aunt Lily here with me. I want to be held by mother.” Yasmine just wanted her parents here to comfort her.

She may be fourteen years old mentally, but physical she was ten years old. Her emotions were those of a ten-year-old girl. Even though she was older mentally.

Yasmine felt warm under her cloak and the gloves she was wearing. They were the same clothes she had shown up in when she arrived on her parent’s property. She wasn’t wearing the dress that went with the cloak, but a sweater that matched the color of the cloak. She was wearing a pair of blue jeans and her brown knee-high cowboy boots.

“Have you talked to Ava or Courtney about how you feel or your friend Carmen?” Gabe knew Yasmine was good friends with Carmen.

He had seen her outside this morning wearing a bikini and drinking her coffee. He knew the cold didn’t bother her at all. If nothing else, it just made her skin color look paler.

“No sir. Ava was pissed yesterday, and Courtney was ready to kill some people. Carmen was pissed as well and the air around her felt like you were in the artic.” Yasmine had gone to Carmen, but when she got close to her. The cold emitting from Carmen almost froze the air in her lungs.

Gabe stands there and wonders who else she could go to for comfort and Maggie’s name pops into his head.

“Why don’t you go and see Maggie. I know she wouldn’t mind you visiting her.” Gabe knew Maggie wouldn’t mind Yasmine dropping in on her.

Yasmine thinks about it. She wouldn’t mind, but she didn’t know Ava’s aunt that well and didn’t want to intrude on her. Yasmine would rather be with her mother.

Gabe could tell Yasmine didn’t want to go to Maggie’s

“Look, why don’t you go to your parents? I’ll let Ava and Carmen know.”

“Are you sure?” Yasmine looks down at Gabe.

“Go ahead kiddo. I’ll let Ava and Carmen know. Just be careful.” Gabe had already let Carmen know and she was fine with it. He was letting
Ava know now. He felt that Ava was busy with Courtney.

“Thanks Gabe.” Yasmine gives Gabe a hug.

“Any time kiddo.” Gabe just smile and returns the hug.

Yasmine opens a portal in front of her that went back to her parent’s farm. She could tell it had snowed there as well. She steps through the portal towards the barn.

Gabe watches as Yasmine walks through the portal and as it closes behind her and Arion. Once Yasmine was inside the barn, she gets down from the saddle and start taking her gear off Arion.

“Arion, do you want to be in the barn today, or run around out in the field for a while.” Yasmine was brushing him down.

“I think I’m going to run around for a while. Why don’t you go ahead and lay down with your mother and aunt?” Arion walks out of the barn and out into the field.

Yasmine heads into the house and hangs her cloak up. She goes upstairs to her parent’s bedroom and open the door slightly. She spots her aunt, and her parents still in bed asleep. Yasmine slips her boots off and crawl into bed next to her mother.

Lydia wakes up when she feels Yasmine crawl onto the bed. She lowers the blankets so, Yasmine could crawl in between her and Ryder. Once she was settle between the two of them. She gathers Yasmine up in her arms and hold her tight as she feels Yasmine cry against her. She just let Yasmine cry as she held her in her arms. She does wonder why she was here, instead of with Ava and her group.

Yasmine buries her face again her mother and let the emotions she had been holding back pour out. She feels her mother wrap her arms around her tiny body and hold her. She buries her face against her mother’s chest and snuggle closer. After a few minutes, she cries herself to sleep.

Lydia feels Yasmine stop crying and fall asleep against her. She had been informed by Ava last night on what happened and how it affected Yasmine. She was thinking about visiting her baby, but it had snowed heavily last night there and in Kentucky. So, she was surprised when she was woken-up by Yasmine crawling onto the bed. Once Yasmine was situated against her. She held her and let her cry against her chest.

Ryder had woken up when he felt someone crawling on the bed and was surprised to see his daughter. Lydia had told him what happened with her and the two of them wanted to visit her. However, the fallen snow had complicated things. He listens to Yasmine as she cries herself to sleep against her mother.

Lydia just holds Yasmine as she slept. She looks down at her and was thankful that the goddess had sent her to them. They were losing hope that they would ever have children. Both her and Lily loved children. Her husband loved children as well and was tickled pink when Yasmine showed up that day as well. She closes her eyes and go back to sleep, holding Yasmine.

up
215 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

cant wait for more

great story ...thanks

SJH