Shadowsblade: Summertime...Shadow on the heart 2

Printer-friendly version

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade

Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and without.

This is the story of a man who finds a magic box, one that changes him into a Teenage Drow girl (a dark elf) and he has to deal with the very sudden change. Then handle all the memories of a Drow that was 'made' for a long lost war. This new part of him, has 40,000 years of memories of fighting that war. She has to deal with all that pent up PTSD, her enemy is here, but she loves her. Her old Queen is here and she wants to kill, that Queen ohh so bad!

So far in the story, Rohanna is being sent to a high school for mutants. While in school, she has to learn to keep that temper in check and her vast skills at killing others! She has been attacked in Boston while shopping, by her new lover by accident of fate and by an assassin that nearly kills her.

The last major hurdle in her short new life, is that a science project gone mad! Has made an exact clone of her and linked it mentally to her every thought, it reacts like an extension of her body now.

In this chapter

The summer has to end and the heart is the key
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

Monday, August 20, 2007 7:40PM
Dunwich, New Hampshire
Bill and Jineen's Townhouse

Rehanna landed right square in the middle of the living room of a large townhome that she personally called home for right now, Jineen and Bill were enjoying some late night after dinner coffee while watching TV from the kitchen counter when she showed up suddenly with three others standing next to her.

After the port, I found that both kids were unfazed, not a single hair out of place and that was very normal for us Sidhe during a port like mine. But their mother fell over almost instantly right into a nearby chair and Rehanna had to help her just to sit upright in it she was so intensely sickened by the trip, "Jineen I need a bucket for you know what!" she demanded quickly, while the sound of Joannie starting to have issues with keeping her lunch down seemed to grow by the second.

"What or who are they honey and you do need to call us first before bring guests over!" Jineen asked her numerous questions as she handed a bucket to the teen Drow in armor, who quickly shoved the mother's head right in it as the poor woman cut loose with a stream of puke!

Jineen sighed out at Rehanna's quick action that saved her carpets, "Thank Gaea, my nice carpets get to stay 'nice' a little longer!"

"Surprise we have guests!" Rehanna yelled out as happy as she could muster, "and we will explain all of this mess in just one minute. But...But...I have to go and make room for their bags in the garage first...be right back!" and the then flew off down stairs, while leaving the poor sick mother in the care of her kids for now.

While Jineen helped the suddenly sick woman with a larger bucket and worried about her home's carpet even more, Bill grabbed a few bottles of water from the fridge for the kids and a bottle of 'tums' from the kitchen cabinet for their mother.

Down in the garage, Rehanna moved a few boxes out of the way and a small table that Bill has set up for a chore cleaning some of his tools after he had just fixed the bathroom sink in the house. Rehanna mentally measured the space and found it was just big enough and sent a mental note of ~"ready"~ to her other half.

I ported into the garage more than a little winded from the effort, porting three hundred plus pounds of luggage was taxing. Porting living things for some reason was far easier in life and practice, I have never figured out why...but it was! And that is why I had so very much storage in the ether...Instead of personally carrying it all!

Bill gave each kid a water bottle, as he said "Welcome to my home, I am Bill and this is my wife Jineen. We look after the Twins I am sure you knowwww?" Bill trailed off for a second wondering if they did know.

"I am Tonya, that boy is my brother Kevin and the sick lady is my mom Joannie." the teen girl promptly gave Bill with a long laugh at watching her mother hug that bucket so close to her chest.

"YA and we have never met either D...rowww was it, they or you called them both till just now?" the boy named Kevin by his sister asked unsure of what to make of the strange day so far.

"But you are a Drow kid yourself?" Bill asked surprised that the boy did not know what race of elves he was.

"HAAAA seven weeks ago, both of us were humans and 'HE' only just finished changing a few days ago!" Tonya giggled out as she pointed at her brother in a very playful manner and Kevin slapped her hand away from his face.

Joannie had finally stopped being sick long enough to speak herself and managed to suck down some of the water while chewing up a few tablets of stomach medication. "Now kiiids, stop being a pain in our host's butt's and maybe help go with our bags...if that is alright?" she asked Bill at the end with a glance of uncertainty.

"Ahh lets ask the twins first, because they should have called us first before you all came and we have no idea of what plans they already have set up for all three of you?" Jineen said as both Drow made a sudden appearance from the garage door and plopped down on the couch across the room from them all.

"The bags are here and no one traced us here..." Rehanna started.

".....And I made sure no one can with a few added spells!" Rohanna huffed out finishing her twins sentence.

"Okay Rohanna," Bill did not sound happy at all and started up instantly on the twins, "What are you two up too?"

I sighed out long and heavily, this was the first time in hours that what I was doing or just did really set in on me! "Bill I met Mrs. Joannie Falk on the day her husband died, I was there and saved the rest of them from harm....."

"I knew it, you killed my dad!" Kevin yelled out in rage and leapt at Rehanna sitting on the couch.

The boy never made it those few short feet, Rehanna ported instantly up to her feet in a spilt second and her firm hand SNATCHED the teen boy from the air by the throat! She then angrily hissed only an inch away into his face, "I never killed your dad...We Drow can never lie and I will only say that to you once BOY! Now get away from me..." and she shoved him stumbling backwards as Rohanna her twin quickly stood up herself.

"Like I said, we met that night and I SAVED both of you from a assassination team that was there to kill your DAD darn it!" I roared at both of them and was about to say even more. But a short glare from Joannie their mother stopped me cold and that very same glare begged with me 'to stop'...so I did.

I sighed out for a very long second and let that new thought of what had really happened to their dad that night months ago settle in with both of the children's minds, "If you want to learn more about that night, you will have to ask your mother...that is a family question or matter, one she has to tell you both and I or we are not getting involved unless we are asked too?"

Now that I was safe at home, I was starting to calm down a little and the 'cat' was out of the bag with regarding the kids and their fathers death. Rehanna walked, no really 'stalked' almost 'slinked' over closer to the boy...much closer "So let's see what we have here...shall we?" she questioned him, almost 'purred' to him and even I slowly walked over to both of them lured by curiosity myself in seeing the boy Drow, heck any boy Drow for that matter

Rehanna put a firm hand to his face grabbing it by his chin, then a single finger lifted his lip to better show his teeth, "AWW no fangs...we have to fix that or how can he show that he loves another Drow without a little BITE now and then?" she said smiling wide in a very sensual way while showing off her impressive fangs.

As I stood closer to the boy, his scent...no his musk filled my nose as I sucked it in deeply and my both of my hearts started to race away faster in sync with one another and Rehanna's too!

Jineen was the first to notice what was happening between the three teens and very closely watched on. As both teen Drow came closer to the boy and Rehanna let the boy's chin fall from her hand as she moved around behind him slowly, but her hand and wrist lingered by the boy's nose far too long to be a simple mistake...she did the motion on purpose and when the kid sniffed deeply at the passing arm of the teen girl...his eyes lit up instantly!

Rohanna stalked closer to the new boy and was almost doing the same act as her twin, more a dance around the boy than a slow circle of curious inspection or wonderment at seeing a new one of their own kind. The heavy breathing of both teen girls filled the room and even Bill was becoming uncomfortable by the sight of the near mating dance or ritual that all three Drow seemed to be involved in now.

"Maybe us three Drow should go and be alone...away from others and these humans?" Rehanna breathed out heavily.

The scent off the boy filled my nose as I came up closer to him and it took my mind away instantly. Both of my hearts fired up at a high pace and my lungs gulped for breath in long heavy draws from the room.

Joannie sprung to her feet, obviously seeing and hearing where this endeavor by the twins was leading too and reacted like any mother would. "Are you both propositioning my son...right in front of me?" she questioned the actions of the girls on her son!

Rohanna glared at her instantly and anyone in the room could see that she was very angry at being interrupted right now, "Shush human the Drow are talking...go way?" is all she said as warning.

Jineen saw what was happening and it was not leading to a good place...not right now it was not and she jumped between the boy and the two twins, "I think you both should go upstairs to your room and we will have a personal talk about all of this in a few minutes...when I finally come up there."

Both teen girls stared...no glared at Jineen like she had just lost her mind, "We are not going anywhere, he is here and so...we are here." they nearly growled out in angry stereo.

Jineen yelled in a very firm voice that only a mother would or could use to both twins, "Rohanna and Rehanna Leigh...this is my home and I own it! So while BOTH of you are under this roof THAT I own BOTH of you will obey me or BOTH of you will leave....Now go up stairs to your room and I will come up to see you BOTH in a few minutes and DO NOT leave this house till after we talk...or don't come back the BOTH of you!"

"Yes Mrs. Varney we do as guests, as asked by the owner of the this home and await our talking this matter over in time." Rohanna said as she walked angrily away. Because decorum and honor said it must be so, no matter how they personally felt right now at being ordered about.

"Yes we will talk...soon." Rehanna added as she followed one step behind her twin up the stairs and towards their shared room on the next level of the home.

When both teens were gone and their door closed, Jineen sighed out slowly all the pent up tension she had within her, "I am so glad that worked, I was not so sure it would."

"Honey, even I was not sure it would!" Bill added next, as he let out the long breath that he was holding.

"What the heck was that?" Joannie said as she helped her boy finally calm down some and sit in a large chair next to her place on the couch.

"That was two Drow girls that have not seen one of their own kind in a very long time and.....you know?" Jineen winked knowingly at the mother of the boy.

"Those two hotties and my brother....the goofball...NO WAY!" Tonya almost roared out laughing at the situation.

"I could easily see it happen, I work at ARC and those two were the only two real Drow in the whole world. There are a few genetic clones made up by a teenage mad scientist. But Rohanna was the only one, then came Rehanna and if you want more information on her...please ask them for it?" Bill sighed, as he pulled a beer from the fridge and Jineen nodded that she wanted...no really, needed one too!

After Bill handed her the bottle of sweet hard ale style beer, she tipped the bottle empty in one go and then pulled three more from the fridge before she started walking slowly towards the stairs, "I have to go chat with them now...wish me luck dear?" she nodded to Bill and trudged slowly upstairs.

At Rohanna's door, she knocked lightly, "Honey can I come in now and we all have a little talk?" she asked...but did not insist at all.

"Come on in Jineen," I said still sitting crosslegged on my bed while Rehanna paced the room like a caged animal once again.

Jineen opened the door and found one Drow pacing the room and she was angry, very angry, that one of the two had to be Rehanna. The other twin had her head down in her hands deep in thought or shame and appeared to be totally calm, but thoroughly confused for sure.

"Here both of you take one of these, I know, I know they will not do anything for you. But the fact is you need the idea that we are talking like adults right here and now?" she said while offering both girls a bottle of the sweet ale, that was more soda than booze.

Jineen sat down and used her key ring to open her bottle, but both teens just quickly twisted off the top without the aid of any tool. "I would love to be able to do that, taking bottle caps off without the help of an opener!" she laughed and pocketed her key ring with a shark shaped bottle opener on it.

"Sorry Jineen I don't know what came over me, or us down there?" I mumbled out while taking a few quick sips of the sweet beer.

"Sure you do, he is one of us Drow and we want him!" Rehanna added more than mad at being denied what she surely thought was her right...Drow males must prove their worth to potential mates and one that is rescued by a female...is rather simply now her's to do with as she pleases! In her anger, Rehanna took deep gulps of the cold beer hopeful that it might calm her, but she knew it would not

Being as old as she was, Jineen knew what Rehanna was mad about and she had heard of matriarchal societies like the Drow obviously had. "Rehanna honey, and Rohanna, you just changed and came back to the world only six months ago and you had massive problems in dealing with those changes. Give the boy the same amount of time before hitting him with even more things to learn, help him out like others helped you. Then add this to think about, we, you, the school, ARC and the whole world does not need, nor is it really ready for two, three, or four, or more little Drows running around! Just think about my poor clean carpets, they never meant you any harm...so why would you do that to them?" she laughed at both teens, who giggled back as best they could right now.

"Thanks Jineen, I was confused back there and just let Rehanna and that basic instinct of her's run my little brain right then." I explained what had just happened to us as best I could.

"All I ask is no kids at least till you both graduate and give it a year past that...maybe?" Jineen asked both teens with a smile.

"We can honor that date, till graduation for all three of us. No children. But anything else is up to him to win from us females...that is tradition." Rehanna agrees and gives one age old demand of her kind. One that males must 'WIN' over their potential mates and Rehanna is not one to be easily impressed!

"Ohhh that poor boy has no idea how hard his life or love life is about to be." Jineen pleads for the boys coming experience.

"We will train him, just like we were." Rehanna urges her twin.

"Maybe...we should give him a smidge more leeway than we got during our life, so that him failing a few times does not get him killed by us teachers?" Rohanna asked while pinching her fingers together indicating, her wanting to give the boy a chance to win once awhile.

"Fine...we will coddle the boy till he grows a bit more into a true Drow that he should be and we should ask him a very important question...one that should be done tonight or tomorrow at the latest?" Rehanna quickly told her twin.

"I know, tonight is best with the coming full moon to power it, but we need supplies and a few other things first?" I warned that this choice was not going to be an easy one for him or us two.

"What in the heck are you two chatting about?" Jineen asked.

"He...Kevin is Drow and we are changed Drow. We can fix that for him, but it has to be done soon, very soon before the humans test him or the MCO finds him." Rehanna told Jineen.

"And that never leaves this room Jineen...swear to it!" I asked for her promise and she gave it willingly.

"If ARC or the MCO or even Jobe that crazy kid at Whateley heard that you could do that for elves or Drow, ohhhhh BOY!" Jineen sighed out.

Bill knocked on my door and asked to come in just as all three of us started to chat about something else. Rehanna let him in without a single word, "Hey I ordered pizza and some fish'n'chips for a late dinner. So if you could go fetch them, we can eat with our new guests and set up who sleeps where tonight?" he smiled to all three of us after entering my room.

"I'll go grab that right now," I said standing up, "At the usual spot?" I had to ask to make sure.

"Yep," Bill nodded pointing west and that meant LA, my NEW fav spot that Art told me about. One that just loves it when we Drow show up, the owner loves Pixies, so she spoils them both when we show up and the kids that eat there regularly have heard we show up from time to time, so they want autographs when we do!

After we ported away, Jineen told Bill that both of us had promised not to go too far and have little ones just yet. He sighed out in relief, "Thank Gaea for that, two or more of them running around here would be the death of us both!" he laughed.

"You...thank Gaea now Bill?" Jineen smiled at him.

"Yep you bet, I know she listens to me and that other guy not so much these days!" he chuckled out while going back downstairs to his guests.

Bill entered the living room and sat on the edge of one of the sofas, while Jineen stood close behind him, "Well the twins are off getting all of us some late dinner and I am very sure both of you have found out that elves eating meat was not something you liked doing anymore or worse?" he questioned both kids.

Tonya spoke up first, because she gave her brother a playful shove that stopped him from talking himself, "Yahhh meat tastes like cardboard now and fruits and veggies are just fantastic!"

"Me too, meat has just lost it for me...so no more chili dogs I have to guess? But just like sis said, veggies are great when done right." Kevin added next.

"Well the twins are off to LA to get some pizzas and fish'n'chips that they love eating, they will bring back a huge snack platter to find out what you two like. As for beds, you girls can take the twin's room and Kevin can sleep here on this couch that makes out into a fine bed. Ro and Rehanna will I am sure sleep out in the Grove they call home and show you both that place tomorrow?" Jineen informed all three of her new guests.

Over on the West coast in LA

We ported to the parking lot where we always did, then walked into the 'small hole in the wall' deli-pizzeria-fish shop and waved our greetings to the owner Sally that quickly came out from behind her glass display filled with every food you would love on a picnic and gave us both a huge hug.

"You two staying at Art's or stopping by for some dinner, I have Bill's order cooking and it will be ready soon enough? But you all ordered so much food tonight, are you having guests over or something?" she asked and started back to her place running the show.

"A few fellow Sidhe showed up and we had to let them in on your place...that is only fair for all the cookies you give the little ones!" I said and those two knew instantly that warm cookies were being served and it was time to grab one!

Both small Fae missiles flew out of nowhere and up to Sally, "What is the special today!" both sang out in joy knowing to ask before receiving their yummy treats!

Sally opened the cookie warmer and pulled out two large peanut butter cookies for them to munch on while we Drow waited. As they started to eat their fill on a paper place mat on the glass showcase top.

Some of the kids in the seating section must have heard the fuss and ran in to see what was up. The older kids knew me or us already and how I ran this for them...line up with something for us to sign and wait your turn. Simple and easy rules to follow so that everyone had a chance to see or greet us Drow.

The few kids that were there at this hour, mostly had the free posters you took out of magazines or a cereal box of Lucky charms that came out a short time ago. But one lucky kid, his dad had overnighted an action figure of mine all the way from China and the first batch of them ever made!

"Wow this is neat, the first one I ever have seen past the demo units!" I said as he handed me the action figure still on it's display card and 'un-punched' I had quickly learned to spot as someone that wanted the card 100% collectible!....Un-punched, meant that the hole where the action figure hung from the display was till intact and un-punched or missing that small piece of cardboard!...this sometimes doubles the price on the open market.

I quickly took out a roll of hologram stickers that had been ordered a month ago knowing days like this were coming. These small stickers would prove to all, that we Drow personally signed or did not sign something! The sticker was a hologram of my face from the 3d scans made for the movie EFX, then I inscribed a spell into it and over the whole roll that made the hologram grow to the size of my real head and smile to the viewer, then a blade would swish it all away and start over!

I was told that my first batch signing with these little gems, made the darn things worth a cool hundred bucks plus each...just for the sticker! Humans loved magic that they could hold in their hands it seemed! And soon the toys would roll in and we would be signing stuff anytime we Drow were caught outside!

"So where do you want me to sign this one, I have never seen one in packaging till today?" I asked the boy.

"Right there on back under your names!" he grinned to me

I quickly did mine and Rehanna added her signature next to mine with, "The first one we ever signed!" and today's date under it.

She handed it over to the young boy and he just grinned back to us, "Great I got the first one!"

"Way to go son..." then the dad nodded to us, "thanks he just loves it!"

After we signed what we could, the food was ready for us and Sally waved us over, "Here ya both go and some warm cookies for the Pixies! she added with a smile.

"Thanks Sally, be seeing you in a few weeks maybe? School starts very soon and I might not have the time to 'pop' over for a meal." I warned that coming here might not happen for awhile.

"We are ready anytime, just call in your order and it will be here when you drop by!" she waved as both of us vanished with the bags and stacked boxes of hot food.

Back at the house, we all sat at the dining table to eat and chat life over.

"So have you figured out why us being elves, we don't like meat?" Tonya asked me or us.

"It's Sidhe is our correct racial name...elves are a human thing they hung on us," Rehanna corrected her, "But one doctor at ARC thinks it's the iron in the red blood and some fish species have less of that and we can eat them easier."

"Iron is a thing?" she asked next.

"Yes, you touch cold iron or anything artificial like nylon cloth or plastics and you will get burnt to COOKED. It may matter on your body type or sub race of Sidhe Tonya, but in cases like mine. Cold iron, the truest form found in nature, it burns me or us Drow like fire and you might get a bad skin burn that would burn me or us Drow to bone." Rohanna added and took a new slice of pizza onto her plate.

"We had not noticed that yet?" Kevin said, "You sure that happens to us?"

"Want to test it out?" I had to ask.

"Why not I will do anything on a dare!" he boasted like any boy would.

I laughed at him, "if you are sure?" and I pulled out a small box from my storage with a wave over the table. I opened the box, then pulled on the silk glove inside while I ignored the smell the iron gave off, a scent that told me 'pain' and then took out a rod of pure cold iron, most likely made by lightning at sometime before I was given it?

"Why the glove?" Tonya asked me while tilting her head to see what I was doing better.

"Ohhh you will know in a second and so will Kevin when he grabs this!" I warned.

"Well you want me to hold it or what?" he eagerly asked me...."ahh the stupidity of youth!" I thought just then.

"When you are ready and this will hurt like MAD...so are you sure?" I had to ask him once more to feel that I had done my duty in truly warning him.

"Awww just give it here...it's just metal!" he said and snatched the rod from my hand and his hand sizzled instantly, then started to smoke. Poor Kevin yelled out like a wounded beast, "Jesus Christ!" then dropped the metal rod to the table top.

As the rod rolled towards Tonya, she jumped out of her seat and Kevin was out of his seat heading to the kitchen sink to cool off his burning hand. Once at the sink he ran the cooling water over his hand and sighed out slowly, "Ahhh that's better....that darn thing is on fire!"

Tonya just glared at the rod laying on the floor near her, "I can feel that darn thing from here, someone grab it and put it away."

I stood up, retrieved the rod from the floor and placed it back in it's box, "Remember this lesson, in older parts of the city or small towns. Benches, rails, stairs, light poles might be made of old enough Iron to hurt you both. But newer modern steel is not really an issue with us Sidhe, you might feel a tingle now and then,, but not burn except for hours of contact?"

After the rod was safely put away, Kevin came back to the table with a wet towel still on his hand, "Can I see that, I do know a couple of healing spells that can help out with the pain at the least?" I asked and Rehanna made some room between us by sliding her chair a little bit.

Kevin worked his way between us and this time I kept my head on straight, even though the scent of him was so attractive right now! "Lay your hand on the table and let's take this towel off the wound first."

I removed the towel and examined the burn. His burn was not as bad as one of mine would have been, but worse than Gwen or Nikki would certainly have? A wave of my hand and lots of concentration on my part, takes the pain way as I guide his hands skin to heal up and then seal up a little quicker.

I sigh out from the exertion, "Healing is not my bag...I blast-em not fix-em, but that should help you out Kevin and I am sorry you had to go through that...but till you burn your own hand like a little kid or see it like Tonya did? You don't really believe it, since for your whole life that was not an issue you had to deal with."

Tonya had to ask about what I just said as it made her curious...very curious! "You only know how to fight and just so you know...I saw your hands glow and Kevin's too while you did that, then add the 'lines' if I could call them that...they fixed themselves inside his hand?"

"Humm you might be a healer then, I might...heck I will need that...if you are indeed a healer!" I laughed.

Bill laughed with me, "Yep she or the twins will, always getting into trouble and that is WHAT we get to hear about?" he glared at me and I stayed silent...my only safety net to his question.

I avoided Bill' glare and changed the subject a little, "Tonya, so you know and Kevin. Drows like me were only trained to fight by the Sidhe royals and used as shock troops or assassins, maybe intelligence gathering I did for awhile?"

Tonya and her mother squinted their faces at both of us Drows in minor confusion I am sure, but Tonya asked me first, "You don't look that old, didn't the Sidhe live long ago and only recently come back via mutants like Kevin and me?"

"I am or we are a bit different, I was made or mutated to a Drow and the old soul from Shadowsblade put in me? Is the best way to explain it...or really the only way I can explain it and not get into trouble?"

"Trouble?" she questions instantly.

"Yep trouble, the twins have what are called Geas placed on them and those limit what they can say or even do at times. If one of them tries to break one, it will stop them both or cause pain till they stop and in a worse case...kill them. All magic users have limits like that, just that they...the twins have far more of them with being directly connected to a Drow that lived that long ago." Jineen explained, while we were far too embarrassed to say a word for ourselves.

"I have..." I tired to start. But Bill took over when he saw those issues of mine coming up once again, "They have memories from all the fighting that Shadowsblade did back then and to call it a horror would be kind. Then add her human part has it's own issues...ones they will tell you someday I am sure?" Bill smiled and kindly stopped from saying everything about us right now...one step at a time, was his mental plan I am sure.

"That's real sad, are you getting better?" Joannie said softly as she leaned over to pat Rehanna on her back in sympathy.

"We are getting better, but one caution I should warn you all about now. If we are asleep and we don't really sleep too much because our bodies don't need much, or the nightmares intrude on a good slumber...but if we are twitching or growling in our sleep, don't wake us suddenly it can be dangerous." I said.

"I don't get it?" Kevin said.

"We are dreaming of those fights we had, we get suck in them and when we wake sometimes it hard to tell where night terror stops and real world begins" Rehanna said as I nodded with her statement.

"Well since sleep is on the table, it's about time we get some!" Joannie told her kids and us at the same time.

Jineen nodded and started to clean up the table, we Drow jumped in to give a hand and quickly we all had the leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow, plus the trash taken out for the night.

When Joannie called to her kids to go up and get ready for bed, I took that chance to ask her, "Can Kevin and I talk about something personal in private while you and Tonya get showered up for bedtime and no we will not get that kind of 'personal'..."

"Okay," she reluctantly said to my request, "but can I get a promise on that?" she asked not really knowing how binding a promise from a magic user or Drow can really be.

"Haaa that will work, Drow or magic users like the twins have to obey a promise to the letter Joannie..." Bill said ripping the cat out of the bag for me.

"We promise only for our short talk right now and not getting physical for tonight..." we both droned out in stereo to her and Kevin.

That is when Rehanna laughed out, "Well he has to earn that right from us anyway..." she grinned evilly at him.

"Fine have a talk with my son and please be quick about it." his mother huffed out somewhat upset at all of this and I pointed to the stairs going down to the garage for him to follow us.

Once down in the garage, I sat in Bill's work bench chair and Rehanna leaned up on the table next to me, "Well what do we need to talk about? Kevin asked from us two silent Drows.

"Kevin, I have to tell you this. Please don't ever talk about this to others, I can't ask you to really swear to it because you have no idea how to really do a suitable 'swear' yet...but please?"

Kevin nodded back to us, "Yes I can do that for you."

"Good, what you need to know and really need to think about is this. We Drow, us twins are far different than regular Drow or Sidhe like you and your sister are. We were changed by magic and other means into better fighters or living weapons."

"I saw that in the files that my dad left me, the ones the CIA stole from ARC and I understand the vast differences between you and us regular elves or Sidhe." he nodded to us.

"Great, but the question is...do you...would you like to be more like us or stay like you are now?" I reluctantly asked hoping he might want the change we now offered.

"You can do that?" he had to question the strange idea.

"Yes we can, it will take time and some expense on our part and we are not talking money here. But it can be done."

"Could I do it later?"

"Yes...but you will have to wait a few years, maybe even a few dozen. Remember the MCO will scan you, so will doctors and they will freak out of you suddenly changed in the next year or something after meeting us Drow?"

"So you think this a choose now or wait a whole decade deal?" he said while appearing to be really thinking all of this over like an adult would.

"That is what I think and just look at the MCO as they stand now or the H1 mutant haters. They get wind that a mutant can be made stronger...they will go nuts!" I explained on.

"So I will or would be just like you?"

"Sort of...you will be faster, stronger and probably have more magic than your sister. But some of the things that were done to us or me, we can not do to you. Why you might ask? Because what is needed to accomplish those changes is not here and nor can I get any of it. Plus, some of those changes made...they were horrible and I don't want someone else going through that pain and terror...not to be like we are."

"I am not going to ask what those were, but why do you keep using we, us or I like it's strange to you and you have to correct yourself all the time?"

"Simple Kevin, a mad scientist kid up at our school has a elf or Drow fetish and cloned Rohanna and made me Rehanna!" Said while pointing to herself leaning on the bench top, "Then a friend helped to fix our shared brain a little and now we grow a little more separate...but still very connected each day." Rehanna angrily added in.

Kevin's eyes bugged out in surprise and shock, "Really that is nuts, so one of you is a clone!"

Rehanna nodded to him, "Yep and that same moron accidentally changed himself to a 'herself' and at that very same time into a fake Drow too! Thank Gaea, one Drow that was not based on our DNA but a very close Sidhe friend's DNA." she laughed at Jobe's pain.

"Ohh boy, so a guy is now a chick and a dark elf...more like my sis is? Was he stupid or something?"

"SOMETHING!" we both drone out in stereo with a laugh.

"I have to think all of this over?" he worried.

"Kevin, unfortunately you don't have the time to really think this over. What is my school right now and soon to be your school starts in just two weeks! Once you arrive on campus at Whateley they will examine you in the Doyle med center and that will lock you out from changing anytime soon...like a decade or more I'd bet?"

"Can I at least sleep on it and maybe talk to my mom first?" he fretted about the question before him, a very hard one to say the least!

"That you can do, but this is your choice in life and she can't really make it for you. Remember you are a Sidhe now and us Sidhe live thousands of years, not just the hundred or so that humans do. So this is a long term choice...very long term and starting off your new life as a changed Drow, instead of a regular Sidhe? That will let you train as a teen into an adult with that body and that is the best way to start out that I am sure of, so that you don't have to retrain anything you learned years from now?"

"I have to think on this Rohanna?...Is that you?" he asked, while pointing at me...the one twin that was sitting for now.

"Yes I call myself Rohanna and that is Rehanna," I pointed up at her standing next to the workbench, "the way to tell us part is clothes mostly. I like funny things with some color and she goes for the more practical look, lots of pockets or durability." I offered a small way to tell us apart quickly.

"Ya!" Rehanna points instantly at me, "she likes hello kitty skull and crossbones on her jackets and other human style decorations."

"Well at least it is better than armor and more armor, then....armor!" I chastised back at her.

"Humm and you know why I chose armor over cotton...or did that blade in your back get forgotten all of a sudden?" she smiled evilly at me.

"And that assassin would have attacked us or ME sooner or later! That will not happen anymore because of Violet and Lilac protecting our backs now!" I boasted for the two of them sitting on the bench's shelf playing about with a jar of nuts and bolts. But violet always the little clown stood up and 'bowed' her thanks at the praise.

"You two certainly came from the same mold, but act so differently! But please let me think this allover for just one night and in the morning I will try to give you both an answer? And by the way, how long will this change of mine take and will it hurt?" he asked both of us looking suddenly leery of feeling anymore pain, because his changes so far were rough on him.

"Ahh if I obtain all the supplies I need right off...I'd say just under two weeks because we have the addition of a full moon helping to feed magic better and as for pain...you will not feel a thing. Just go to sleep and wake changed is all."

Rehanna nods to what I said, "Yes under two weeks and you can't be seen or disturbed during the whole time...just warning you before hand?"

"Well I am heading up to take a shower, see you in a few?" he smiled and grabbed three backpacks from the stack of luggage we just brought, then headed up stairs.

As the door closed I looked over at Rehanna who was just jumping a bit to sit on the workbench, "So you think he will do it?"

"I hope so, it's not much fun being the only two Drow in the world and I am very sure he has been infatuated by us or you for months! That musky scent he gave off, the one that nearly unhinged both of us tells me that."

While us Drow talked over what we had to do or obtain as supplies for changing Kevin, he knocked on my room's door that his family was using for the time being to shower up in before going to bed. His mother instantly sang out for him to come right in when he asked.

As Kevin came into the room and closed the door, he found out that his sister was using the shower first and then it would be his turn in next, "Mom I have something important to ask you about?"

"What is that dear?" she asked calmly, but mentally worried for her son at the same time while she pulled his night things out of the luggage for him.

"Mom, Rohanna asked me a very important question.." he started reluctantly, as his mother handed him a stack of sweats he normally wore at night.

"What was that? she said now very concerned and stopped her work to sit down with him on the bed.

"You know how Rohanna and her sister are very different from other elves, like me and sis?" he asked as he sat close to his mother.

"Yes dear, I do understand that." she said patting the bed, asking him to move closer right beside her so that she could hug him.

"Well since I am a Drow now, what she calls 'an unchanged one' and it seems very unlike her in how my body is built. She told me that she could fix that difference and make me exactly like she is?" he said while staring at the floor and Joannie hugged him closer.

"I would have to guess that takes magic and not any science that us humans know?" she said while straightening Kevin's long hair for him a little as she let go.

"She says I have to choose staying as is or changing to be like her...stronger, faster and more magic she says? But I have to choose now...right now because the MCO will scan me and my suddenly showing up all changed next year, might be an issue...a REAL huge issue too!" he said.

"Humm I am sure she mentioned that this is your personal choice and sounds okay to me so far...if she can promise you will not get hurt or die from this...change thing?...But I don't know dear...Kevin...changing again and you have not even got used to this yet?" she patted on her son's chest lightly to stress her point.

"But I will have her...them to be around and train me, show me the ropes of being a real Drow?"

As Kevin spoke on, his sister opened the bathroom door all set for going to bed. But his mother shooed her back into the bathroom, "Tonya honey we are talking in private right now, so give us a few minutes please?"

"Gotcha mom...I'll wait and brush out my hair better." and she quickly shut the door, his sister knew that he needed these short talks with mom, because she had needed them too only a few days ago!

"Kevin, I see where this is going and you are old enough to make important choices like this and I can only guide you along, as go forward in life right now. All I would ask from her is a promise not to harm you is all?" Joannie sighed out to her son.

"Mom I think I am going to do it, if I don't do this now...it might be several years till I can?" he worried on, as he made that desperate and important choice.

"Please make sure you are doing this for you and not because you are attracted to her?" Joannie warned her son knowing how infatuated he was with the Drow twins.

"I'll still sleep it over tonight and tell her my choice in the morning?"

"Fine Kevin...and Tonya," their mother yelled at the bathroom door, "It's Kevin's turn in there, so come on out and get the bed ready for us to sleep in."

Downstairs I had just finished helping Bill unfold the bed from the couch and add the sheets to it with a cotton blanket. As I tossed the freshly covered down pillow on the top, that is when Kevin came downstairs dressed in a old t-shirt and sweat shorts.

"Well Kevin all set for the night and I will be going. I am leaving Cein and Nyx here for the night, they are Violet and Lilac's brothers. They will watch over your family just in case and can call upon me in a split second." I waved at both of them sitting on the small fireplace shelf, both of them gave Kevin a short bow and smiled.

"So I have 'watch' Pixies for the night...interesting?" Kevin chuckled back.

"Yes, see you at sunrise." I said and we ported away for the night to the Grove.

"Well good night Kevin, here is remote for the lights and the TV one. If you need me I am right upstairs and don't worry the twins set so many spells on this house, a tank would have issues with getting by them! So sleep tight...and no snoring you two!" Bill pointed in warning at the two Pixies as he left the room and the two shook their heads to the jest.

Kevin now alone for the most part finally laid down to get some much needed sleep, he noticed the two Pixie males walk along the edge of the self for an hour before both of them flew off to check non something and then came back to sit on the very same shelf watching over him. Kevin notice when they had both left, that he could see a thin line connecting each one and a thinner one connecting them both to the building, then with a little effort he could make out the weaves of several layers of spells that must protect the house!...that was neat to actually see the glow they made in patterns of light.

Kevin soon fell fast asleep, his mind went over several thoughts he started to dream...what it would be like to have two hearts, be changed like the girl he fell in love with and her twin. What it was to be a Sidhe, that she called her kind or his kind now...those spells surrounding the home, made it feel so safe, so peaceful...so much like home. The teen boy was quickly becoming accustomed to what it meant to be Sidhe in life!

Out in the Grove

I sat on the ancient tree stump and watched on as Rehanna paced all around me in large circles, "Could you PLEASE sit down, I am getting dizzy just by watching you!" I shouted at her.

"Fine I will sit, BUT you know Drow don't get 'dizzy'!" she growled back at me.

"So what are we going to do now?" I asked the Drow sitting next to me.

"We wait till tomorrow and he will see the logic behind our question, then he will choose being with 'US' over being with 'THEM' humans!" she grinned to me.

"Yes...but who would have thought...we would meet a male of our own kind before Sara was freed from her prison?" I said thinking about her just now for some reason.

"Yes...but we have a choice now, one to make our race stronger and grow." Rehanna told me and moved closer.

"Yes, I have your memories of...him. Of Velmeran the one. He gave you twins that the royals took away, now we will have more and this TIME...nothing takes them away!" I yelled for Rehanna and me at the same time...a pledge of sorts.


~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadowsblade here.

This story in a joint venture with a group of fan fic authors, so far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe.

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Tormented by the past, Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
They say old soldiers never die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard
way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Born for eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave
their nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Watch what you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever
asked for.
This one is coming soon, bug him for it! lol

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Struggling with fate, Kelly has to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and
without.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade
Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to
find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones. Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind, get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional).
This is the Whateley Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

It's also very much a work in progress.'
If you want further information you will find them on.

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Whateley_Academy_Wiki

or

http://whateleyacademy.net/

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted

this warning is for our story stealers off site, not the BC family of readers we all know and love!

up
190 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wow

Wow and wow. How far can the changes will be with Kevin? and will he be Gaea's bounded just like the twin? Love this plots building up. Amazed me how you are dealing with this story complexity.

Thank you Shadowsblade.
Please keep it going.

since

shadowsblade's picture

since
Kevin is being changed and there is now Royals around to bind him to a book? he will not suffer like Rohanna has in life. But IMO all Sidhe are bound to Gaea because she is the top queen of them all in her own way.

Then the later stuff that was done to Rohanna will or can ont be done to Kevin without lots of help and no one right now knows all the spells...but who knows where that info might be?

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Unknown designs

Jamie Lee's picture

Kevin has been thrown into a world which is older than he can understand, a world which has two who have a desire which now may come to pass because of Kevin. And he hasn't the slightest clue the plans which have already been made in which he will become part. He's fallen for Ro but is unaware what that means for the long term.

One thing Kevin needs to learn and learn yesterday, last week, before it gets him into deep trouble. His macho attitude needs to be dialed back to zero until he learns more about being Sidhe, every part about being Sidhe. If he doesn't learn these things it is possible he could end up in the hands of a moron or worse.

Others have feelings too.

Bright outlook

Boy meets twins, twins into boy; outlook real good for boy. Well if he changes I guess :).