Tommy - The Trials and Tribulations of a Girl? - Chapter 18

Printer-friendly version



Tommy
The Trials and Tribulations of a Girl?

A Novel By Teddie S.

Copyright © 2017 Teddie S.
All Rights Reserved.


Chapter 18

It’s tight and a weekend visit.

Just before spring quarter started, Amy and I stopped in to see Mrs. Taylor and have our hair done. As she was doing my hair, she asked me if I'd like to come in the next time as Tammy. And, if I did, we'd see what we could do about putting my hair into a girl's style. I'd asked her if we could do it on a Saturday, she told me that it was their busiest day, but she'd be willing to come in early to work on me. So, I made an appointment with her for three weeks, at nine in the morning on a Saturday.

As we were leaving the beauty shop, Amy took my hand, and said, “Come on lover.”

“Okay. But where are we going?”

“The foundation department.”

“Why?”

“Remember how much you liked wearing the bustier?”

“Of course.”

“Remember me saying that I needed to get you into girdles?”

“No.”

“You may have been too excited about other things. But, I did.”

“So?”

“Today's that day.”

“Ah. I'm Tom right now.”

“I know. But, you and I are just about the same size. So, what will fit me will probably fit you.”

“But why do I need a girdle? I'm as skinny as you are.”

“It's the experience.”

“Experience?”

“Of just being held in, in such a feminine way. And as you've said, being sensuously squeezed.”

“Lead on.”

I followed her to the foundation department, and we started looking around. I'd been here before when I was younger but hadn't paid much attention to these things. Now I think that I should have paid closer attention.

We looked at some interesting things, from basic girdles to corsets. And, being Tom, I had to behave and not appear too interested. Then, Amy being Amy, said that we should get me a corset, and she could have fun lacing me into it. I just shook my head.

We found what I think she had in mind. She started looking at them, and I was thinking, ‘These look a little too firm.'

Just then a clerk walked up, and asked, “May I help you, Miss?”

“Yes. I'm looking for a girdle.”, Amy replied.

“Miss. I don't want to lose a sale. But, you don't look like you need one.”

“Thank you. But, it's for my younger sister, she has a big date on Saturday, and she has this little problem. She's, shall we say, added a few pounds. And I told her, since we were coming downtown, that I'd stop and pick one up for her.”

“Oh, I see. What size is tour sister?”

“She's only a year younger than I am, and we can usually wear the same size. And, she wants to borrow one of my formals, and it's just a little too snug on her. But, fits me just fine. And, I wear a size four.”

“That would be a small. And you say that your sister is a little bigger?”

“Yes I have a twenty-six-inch waist, and she is maybe an inch or inch and a half bigger. And this dress is form fitting. It fits her perfectly everywhere but her tummy.”

“I see.”

“Would a panty girdle or open bottom girdle be better.”

“Since it's a formal gown and form-fitting. I'd suggest an open bottom high waisted girdle. And since we need to bring her down an inch or two, I'd would suggest a small/medium one. It would be snug, but she should be able to wear it. Let me show you.”

We followed the clerk over to a display. Then the clerk said, “These are high waisted and will help control a tummy.”

“So.”, Amy said. “You say a small?”

“Yes. If this fits you, then it should fit her and bring her down so that she could wear the formal. Would you like to try one on?”

“Yes. Please.”

“What color?”

“White. I think,”

The clerk went to the drawers under the display and took out a box. Then she said, “Please follow me.”

We followed the clerk to the dressing rooms. Then, as she was taking Amy back behind the door, she said to me, “Sir. If you'd like to have a seat, we'll be back in a few minutes.”

Amy and the clerk went back into a dressing room, and I sat in a chair and waited. They were gone about ten minutes, and when they came back out, Amy looked at me with her devious little smile, and the clerk said, “If you will follow me, we'll ring up your purchase.”

As we walked out of the store, Amy said, “If you like to be sensually squeezed, you just wait until you put this girdle on.”

“Really?”, I asked.

“Oh yeah. It's very firm. The sales lady even had to help me with it.”

“Oh!”

When we arrived home, my mother was still there, and as we walked in, she said, “Hi you two. Tommy, your hair looks nice.”

“Thanks, mom.”, I said. “Mrs. Taylor said, that the next time I go in, that she wants to see what she can do for a girl's look.”

“It's long enough.”

“I know. Dad hit me with the hippie comment again.”

“It looks like you bought something too?”

As she pulled the girdle box out of the bag, Amy said, “Yes. A girdle for Tammy.”

“For Tammy! She doesn't need a girdle.”

“She liked the feeling of the bustier that she wore for the wedding, and a few times since, so we decided to see if she would like a girdle.”

“Really.” Then looking at me, my mom said, “So you liked how the bustier felt?”

“Yeah.”, I replied. “Kind of.”

Amy, with a smile, said, “He liked how it sensually squeezed him.”

I know I blushed a little. My mother just looked at me, smiled, and said, “I guess every girl needs one or two.”

“I think she'd like a corset too.”

My mother's smile became a grin.

Amy grabbed my hand, the bag from the store, and dragged me back to our bedroom. When we were there, she said, “Want to try the girdle?”

“No.”, I replied.

“No! I thought you were excited about getting it?”

I looked at her, smiled, and said, “I am.”

“Brat!”

I undressed and put on my padded panties. Then I worked at pulling up the girdle, and I had to do some serious wiggling and tugging to get it up and adjusted just right. We haven't even closed the zipper yet, and it was already tight. When it was in place, it hit me on the lower part of my rib cage. Amy then fastened the little hook and eye closures and pulled up the zipper.

I looked at her, and said, “God this is tight.”

“You'll get used to it.”, Amy replied. “But you should have put your nylons on first.”

Amy then helped me into a pair of nylons, and attach the six garters. Then we added the bustier that I'd worn for the faux wedding.

There was a soft knock on the door, and we heard my mom say, “Kids. Can I come in.”

Amy said, “Sure mom. Come on in.”

My mother walked into our bedroom, looked at me, and said, “I just had to see. My. That looks like a very firm girdle.”

“It feels like one too.”, I replied. “I don't know if I can even sit down in it.”

Amy handed me a blouse, which I put on. Then she handed me a knee length wrap around skirt. And I added the shoes with the three-inch heels, that we'd purchased when we were at Polly's wedding

My mother and Amy stood back and looked at me. My mother then said, “That girdle does something for you. It gives you a nice shape.”

“It does.”, Amy said. “Almost a model's figure. Honey, take your hair down.”

I reached back and removed the rubber band that I used to make my ponytail. Amy walked over to her dresser, picked up a hairbrush, and brushed out my hair. Then she walked back over next to my mother, and they both looked at me again.

Then my mother said, “Honey. You know how we've always said how pretty and sophisticated you look when you're Tammy?”

“Yeah.”, I replied.

“Go take a look at yourself in the mirror on my closet door.”

I just stood there looking at the two women.

Amy then said, “Honey. Go and take a look.”

I walked over to my mom and dad's room, opened her closet door, stepped back, looked at my reflection, and my mouth went dry. I turned, looked at Amy and my mother, and just said, “How?”

“Honey.”, my mother said. “I don't know. But it happens every time that you become her.”

“This frightens me. There is no way that I should be able to look this good as a girl ... No, not a girl, a woman.”

I turned and walked back to our room, and started to undress. Amy followed me in, and I said, “Honey. Help me get this stuff off.”

“Okay.”, Amy said. “Are you all right?”

“I think so. But, I have to go and think about this.”

Shortly I was in the Chevy heading for the park. Yeah, I drove instead of walking, and I was alone. I needed to think. I needed to be alone. I parked in the trail-head parking area and started walking towards the lake. When I walked up to the bench by the lake, both Eagles were there, one was flying overhead, and the other was sitting on the top of an old telephone pole.

I just sat there, staring at the water, and in deep thought. When I looked up, I was surprised that the Eagle, sitting on the pole, was still there. I noticed that he was watching me. And, we just stared at each other for a little while. Then I went back to looking at the water.

Later, as I was getting ready to head home, I looked at the Eagle on the pole, and said, “Thanks for keeping me company.”

Then as I stood, he took off and joined his partner. I watched them fly off together deeper into the park.

As I walked into the house, mom and Amy were sitting at the kitchen table, and they looked at me. My mother asked, “Honey. Are you okay?”

“I'm fine. I did have a nice chat with the Eagles.”

“What?”, Amy asked.

“I walked to the lake in the park and sat on our bench. One of the Eagles was flying, and the other one was sitting on an old telephone pole. The one on the pole and I had a nice talk.”

“Okay. So, what's going on.”

“Seeing myself earlier today scared me. And, it really shouldn't have. I've known for a long time that I had this feminine part to me. And I should expect things like this. But sometimes I look in the mirror and see Tammy looking like the pretty sophisticated girl that she is, and it startles me. I just have to learn to expect it, to embrace it. She’s part of me.”

“Honey.”, my mother said. “I was surprised as much as you were today. I've known Tammy since the first day, and she continues to mature. And, it continues to amaze me.”

Later that night, I was cuddled with Amy in bed. She looked at me, and asked, “Honey. Have you ever thought about becoming Tammy?”

I looked at her, and said, “Huh?”

“Have you ever thought about living as Tammy full time?”

“Yes. But there is no way that I'd ever do that. I'm happy with what I have.”

She kissed me, and said, “Good.” Then she rolled back over, cuddled closer, and went to sleep.

Three weeks later on a Saturday morning, Amy and I were walking into the store where my mother works, and we met Mrs. Taylor in the beauty shop. She looked at us, smiled, and said, “You two always look so pretty.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Taylor.”, I replied.

“We're old friends now, so would you please call me Helen.”

“Okay. Helen.”

Helen had me sit in her chair. She removed my wig and wig cap and brushed out my hair, which was now down to my shoulders. Then she took a close look at it, and said, “Your hair is beautiful. You've been taking care of it. Haven't you?”

“Just like you told me to.”

“Good girl. I was thinking some highlights, but on second thought your hair will look great without them.”

“What style do you think would look good?”

“All the younger girls, like Amy does, are wearing their hair long and loose. So, I'd do a straight look. We could just leave it long with a little flip. Or you could do a different type of ponytail. Or, what I'd like to do, is sweep your hair back and add a hair band to hold it in place.”

Then Helen picked up a book, turned to a picture, and showed it to me. It showed a picture of the style she wanted to do. I looked at it, smiled, and said, “I love it.”

Helen then showed the picture to Amy. And Amy said, “Honey. That is just you.”

I looked at Helen, and said, “Let's do it.”

Helen washed, conditioned, and dried my hair. Then she brushed, combed, and added a white plastic headband. When she turned my chair to the mirror, I was in love with the look. I grinned, and said, “Helen. I love it.”

I saw Amy in the mirror, and she was grinning.

I paid Helen, gave her a nice tip, and a big hug.

As we walked into the house, my mother and father were just sitting down to lunch. My mother looked at me and said, “Honey. Your hair looks fantastic.”

“Thanks, mom.”, I replied. “Helen came up with a great look.”

“Better than that hippie look that you've had.”, my father said with a smile.

“Daddy. I've been letting it grow so that I could do something with my hair instead of wearing a wig all of the time.”

“I know honey. Your mother has gotten on me about calling you a hippie. And your hair looks nice.”

“Thanks, daddy. The best thing is, it's my hair and not a wig. And it feels so much better.”

As Amy and I were fixing our lunch, the mail arrived, and I went out to get it. As I walked back into the kitchen, I laid all the mail on the table except one envelope. And I said, “Amy. You have a letter.”

“From who?”

“Something called S.T.T.I.”

“S.T.T.I.!”

“What's that?”

“Oh, nothing but Sigma Theta Tau.”

“Sigma Theta Tau. Okay, I give what's that?”

“Just the Honor Society of Nursing.”

“Oh.”

I played keep-a-way with the letter for a little while, then I handed her the letter. She opened it, read it, then reread it. The three of us just sat there and looked at her. Finally, she said, “I don't believe this.”

“What's wrong?”, I asked.

“Nothing. It's ... It's just that I've been invited to join Sigma Theta Tau.”

“I take it that that's a good thing?”

“Oh yeah! It means that I've been noticed. But I'm only in my second year. And haven't completed half of my nursing curriculum yet.”

“But your grades have been excellent. You're carrying a three point nine-five. And have been on the dean's list every quarter. Haven't you?”

“Yeah. But this shouldn't have happened yet. If it was going to happen at all, it shouldn't have until I was at least a junior.”

“Honey. Just accept it as what it is. An honor. And join if you want to.”

“Oh! I want to.”

My mother said, “Congratulations, honey. You deserve this.”

“Thanks, mom.”, Amy replied.

Then looking at my dad, my mom said, “I think this deserves dad taking us all out tonight for a celebration dinner.”

“Oh, thanks.”, my dad replied. “But, you're right, I think she deserves it.

“And, Amy why don't you call your parents and have them join us?”

Amy called her parents and told them about the invitation to join Sigma Theta Tau, and that we were going out to dinner to celebrate. My dad and her mother made the necessary arrangement s, as to when and where.

Since we knew that my dad would probably take us to a very nice restaurant, Amy and I decided to dress up. Amy went with a very pretty little black dress with a pair of black three-inch heels and black nylons.

I wore a cute red dress with a pencil skirt that hit me mid-thigh, a thin black belt, and short sleeves. And my red stiletto heels. I didn't change my hair but left it as Helen had done it. Amy did try to talk me into wearing the girdle, but I told her that I planned to enjoy my meal.

We both went for an evening look with our makeup. And of course, we had our usual jewelry on.

As we walked into the restaurant, my father told the maitre d' that we were meeting the Grant party. He told us that they were already there, and took us to the table. As we walked up, Amy's parents were both looking at her and smiling. They stood up, walked to Amy, congratulated her, and both of them gave her a big hug.

As we sat down, Mrs. Grant looked at me, and said, “Tammy. I just love your hair.”

“Thanks, mom.”, I said. “Mrs. Thomas, at mom's store, did it for me this morning.”

“Both of you girls look lovely.”

We had a great dinner, and actually, our dads split the bill. As we were finishing dessert, Amy stood up, and said, “Come on Tammy. I have to use the ladies.”

I started walking with Amy towards the restrooms. And I heard Amy's dad say, “Tammy uses the ladies?”

I didn't hear if anyone responded to him or not. When Amy and I were back to the table, we were ready to leave. We walked out to the parking lot with our parents and said goodnight to Amy’s parents. Then we got into the car with my parents. As we were pulling out of the parking lot, I asked, “Mom. Did I heard Amy's dad question me about using the ladies room?”

“He was surprised that you were.”, my mother said. “But Amy's mother hit him with, ‘What would you do, if you were in the men's room, and she walked in looking like she does?'

“He stumbled over that. But said, ‘What would you do if she walked into the ladies?'

“Amy's mother laughed and hit him with, ‘Think nothing of it. She's a girl.'

“Then he said, ‘Is she?'

“Then Amy's mother said, ‘Honey. You've known about this side of Tom as long as I have. It's who she is. Sometimes Tom, sometimes Tammy. And, that's how she feels.'

“Then, Tammy, your dad said, ‘Fred. It took me a little while to accept this. But it's interesting seeing how well he or she has accepted this little quirk. When it's Tammy, there is no Tom, and vice a verse. I have a son who is also my daughter. I know it’s strange, but I fully accept it.'

“Then Amy's dad said, ‘When you walked in here tonight, I saw you with three beautiful women. And all through dinner I was amazed as to just how feminine Tammy was. I guess I need to be around her a little more to see if I can accept this as you have. I think it would make Amy happy if I did.”

“Then I said, ‘Fred. I've seen this since day one. It's been a fascinating thing. Most people would never understand a person with both a male and a feminine psyche. And I'm glad I do. Because I love both of them.'”

“Wow, mom.”, I said. “That was a deep discussion. No one else heard you. Did they?”

“No honey. By then there wasn't anyone close. And we kept our voices down.”

Amy had been sitting there quietly, which was unusual for her. But she had that sly smile on her face. I knew that she was up to something. Finally, she said, “You know honey. My dad said that he needed to be around Tammy a little more to see if he could accept her better.”

“Yeah.”, I said. “So?”

“Why don't we spend a weekend with my mom and dad?”

“You know honey.”, my mother said. “It couldn't hurt.”

I thought for a minute, then said, “You know. It couldn't hurt. Could it. Your dad might end up understanding me better.”

Amy talked with her mother, and we set up a visit for the following weekend. And it would be a surprise for her father. He'd come home from work on Friday, and we'd be there.

Sunday Amy filled out the application for membership in Sigma Theta Tau, and we put it in the mail on Monday.

On that Friday, when Amy and I went to class, we had two suitcases in the trunk of the car. One for her and one for Tammy. So, after our last class on Friday, we went to Amy's parent's house. We received a very warm greeting from her mother, and her father wouldn't be home for a few hours. And, Billy is away at college.

I carried our suitcases up to Amy's old room, and we unpacked for the weekend. Then I found Tammy. The usual, panties, bra, and forms. Then just a comfortable look, shorts, a cute pink blouse, and a pair of flats. I put my hair, yes my hair, into a ponytail. I loved being able to use my hair instead of a wig. Then some makeup, pink lipstick, a light touch of mascara, and a light dusting of face powder.

I couldn't help but smile at the girl looking back at me from the mirror. As I slipped on my glasses, I whispered, “Hi Tammy.”

I went back downstairs and found Amy and her mother in the kitchen working on dinner. As I walked in, I asked, “Can I help?”

Amy's mother turned, looked at me, smiled, and said, “Sure honey. You can make the salad. You'll find an apron in the closet.”

When Amy's dad came home there was a nice dinner on the table, and as he walked in the door, he stopped, did a double-take, and said, “Hi. I didn't expect to see you two today.”

“Hi, daddy.”, Amy said. “We decided to spend the weekend with you so that you can get to know Tammy better.”

“Oh. Okay. This could be fun.”

Well, it appeared that Amy's dad was okay with our little plan to allow him to get to know Tammy better. As we were finishing dinner, Amy's dad said, “Betty. Did you forget that the bridge club will be here tomorrow night?”

“No honey. I haven’t forgotten.”, Amy's mother said. “You'll see. It'll be okay. The girls can help me get ready.”

“Bridge club?”, I asked.

“Yes. We get together once a month with three other couples and play bridge. And tomorrow night they'll be here.”

We spent the rest of the evening sitting and talking. Right after Amy's parents went to bed, Amy said, “It looks like dad is beginning to relax some more around you.”

“Yeah.”, I replied. “He seems to be even more at ease than he was at dinner last weekend.”

“I think he's beginning to see who you are. The way you two were talking at dinner was interesting. I think dad is seeing that Tammy is her own person, that she is as nice as Tommy is, can be a lot of fun, has a level head on her shoulders, and she speaks her mind.”

~o~O~o~

AttachmentSize
Image icon teen-hair.jpg2.85 KB
up
314 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I am suprised there is

any question of Tammy's Dad about Tammy. While she is not always there he literally has known here all her life. I am wondering about the upcoming court cases. Sad to say the jerks will not serve a very long tim, but more for their lack of discrimination for whom they attacked than what they did.Gay bashing was not considered that badback then. It was a time when bigotry was not looked down on.

Hi Wendy Jean. Thanks for

Hi Wendy Jean. Thanks for the comments. In the 2nd chapter, there is some talk with dad in the hospital. Also with the faux wedding. And other places. Some not seen yet. And your right gay bashing, back then, was considered that bad. But, they picked Tom just because he was on the small side with long hair. Lots of guys back then had long hair. But not all were small.

Teddie

Looking back in time

is necessary when reading your story. I have to remind myself what it was like when I was in college in the '60s, and what the prevalent attitudes were back then. (It helps to be the same age as Tommy.) Of course, there is the question of which restroom to use. It would be a big issue back then, and it still is an issue; maybe less after the 7th Circuit came down hard on an unwritten restroom policy instituted by a school district.

Pentatonic

I kind of decided to stay

I kind of decided to stay away from the restroom thing in this story. But we know that Tammy or Kai just couldn't walk out of the house in the morning and back in in the evening without using the loo at least once. And we just need to figure that she used the ladies room.

Teddie

Girdles were nice as

Girdles were nice as mentioned; however there were two types of materials used for them, the very costly ones had a satin tummy panel and were very stretchy, almost like a tight lycra. The other was the ubiquitous one and was made out of rubber. They were a real pain in the ass to put on, and made one very sweaty after wearing it for a period of time. Did indeed hold in the areas of the body that many women felt they needed help with. Then there were the corsets. One piece style, some like a long girdle (open or panty) again some made of materials and others with rubber. Actually was happy when both went out of style, yet in this day and age and my "spread", I could certainly stand to use one or both on occasions. A little help never hurt anyone eh?

I loved rubber girdles

I loved rubber girdles especially the Playtex Living Girdles. ;-) And you're right, a little help never hurt anyone.

Teddie

Bridge party

Jamie Lee's picture

Amy's dad questioned Tammy using the ladies restroom and received a few questions in return.

He seems to be more comfortable with Tammy at their home for the weekend. But is he really? Could he be putting on a front just to keep Amy, his wife, and Tammy happy?

He mentioned the bridge party like he expected Tammy and Amy to pack up and leave so Tammy isn't seen. But they are staying, and hopefully if Fred is okay with Tammy he'll not share Tammy's secret with the other couples.

Others have feelings too.

" I have to go and think about this.”

Podracer's picture

Once. Borrowed a little (un-) used sports bra to try on, checked it out in the mirror, a slightly coy look over the shoulder at the coloured strappy bits.
There. There it was. There she was? I can't do cute, but someone did. Whoever they were, it was a little disturbing.

"Reach for the sun."