You Can Run, But You Can’t Hide Chapter 12

Printer-friendly version

Kat and her crew were on their way home from Memphis. They had spent a week in the hospital and then another week at her aunt’s house. Her Aunt and Uncle had taken care of her and her crew, while they recovered. Paul was well enough that he could drive them home, but she still needed help to take care of herself because of her two broken arms. Lev had flown back to Kansas with Rebecca.

Kat currently had Terry with her, since Brittney’s was still healing. She had been informed that the fake FBI that her and the crew went after had been caught and was in custody. She got curious and called her friend on the Knoxville police force and had him run the guys name, to where he had been sent. There wasn’t anything listed for him or where he was. She did get a visit from the Bounty’s father suggesting that she let it go. That the person she was after, had been handle for what he did to them. That was all he said, as he escorted his daughters and niece away from the hospital.

There had been an oriental woman that had been with him that had helped Tizzy. She figures that the woman was Tizzy’s mother, but she could tell from the woman’s body language. That she wasn’t a person to mess with, just like Mr. Bounty. She met Tizzy’s boyfriend. He was there helping her and keeping her company.

“Mom, are you alright?” Terry had notice her mother staring off into space.

“I’m fine baby. I was just thinking about the Christmas decorations we need to get down. We need to go out and get a Christmas tree as well.”
Kat loved decorating for Christmas.

She also loved cooking for everyone. However, with both her arms broken, she won’t be doing much cooking. She smiles as a thought enters her brain to let the girls do the cooking this year. She looks up when they pull into the driveway of their home.

“Home, Sweet, Home.” Kat gets out of the Gurkha with Terry’s help.

Paul had the armored SUV. He was wearing a back brace just like Gina Bounty was. He had hit the steel door hard. Gina Bounty had been blown up against a column and smacked her back and head hard. Crystal had come home with her, to help her out.

Her sister was going to bring the twins back to her tomorrow. She unlocks the front door and walk inside. She disarms the security systems and turn a few lights on. The house was in one piece and just needed some light dusting. She heads towards the bathroom and does her business.

Tomorrow, when she heads towards the office. She’ll stop at a Christmas lot to look at the trees.

Paul helps undress Kat, while being careful of his shoulder where he had been stabbed.

“What’s on your mind, sweetheart?” Paul noticed that Kat has been thinking about something intensely since they left Memphis.

“I’m mad that we almost got killed and that the bounty we were after was caught by someone else.” Kat slips on her favorite night shirt and crawls into bed.

“You mean the bastard that blew us up, has been caught?” Paul wanted to know who caught him.

“Yep, he has been caught already. Gina’s father told me to let the matter drop.” Kat snuggles close to Paul.

“Let me guess? He caught the son of bitch?” Paul looks at his wife as she laid next to him.

“He didn’t say, who caught him. He just said let it go. If I had to guess, I would say him, and Tizzy’s mother caught the bastard. I saw her helping Tizzy and she’s someone you don’t want to piss off. She, just had that look about her.” Kat had seen that look before with some of the criminals her father would capture and bring in.

“Hhhmm, I’m not surprised Tizzy’s mother isn’t like that. Tizzy doesn’t act like a typical cop and neither does her two cousins.” Paul wraps his good arm around Kat and holds her tight.

Kat snuggles close and slowly drift off to sleep. She was happy to be sleeping next to her husband.

8hrs later:

Kat stretches as she wakes up. She enjoyed sleeping and not having the twins wake her up. Her nose picked up the nice aroma of freshly made coffee drifting in the air. She gets up and heads into the kitchen. She spots Paul, Crystal, Terry, and Brittney sitting at the kitchen table enjoying their coffee and freshly made muffins.

“I hope you left some coffee for me.” As Kat walks over to the coffee pot.

“We did mom. We know how grouchy you get without your coffee.” Brittney had a teasing look on her face.

Kat just ignores her daughter and fixes her coffee. She sits down and grabs a muffin from the basket on the table.

“We’re going Christmas tree shopping after we stop by the office and see how things have been while we have been gone.” Kat takes a bite out of her muffin.

“Everything is fine at the office, mom. Carol has been making sure all the bills and money we are owed have been collected and deposited.” Terry had gone by the office with her aunt while her mother was still in Memphis.

While she has been staying with her aunt. She met the guy her aunt is dating. He was a college Professor at The University of Tennessee. He was a nice person and Terry liked him. They met when she went up to the college as a guest speaker. They ran into each other by accident and one thing just lead to another.

An hour later, Kat and family head out to do some shopping. They stop at a Christmas tree lot and pick up a tree. They go by the store to pick-up groceries for the house and for Christmas Eve dinner. Kat was cooking dinner for everyone. Later, they swing by her older sister’s place to pick-up the twins.

When they get home, the girls fix dinner. Paul and Ben setup the Christmas tree. Kat gets the Christmas decorations and start decorating the house. She sets up the outside decorations with the guys help. She already knew what she was getting the girls and her husband. Her brother was easy to shop for. If it was tools or car related, he loved it.

Her sister on the other hand was a little different. She always found it hard to buy gifts for her sister, because if her sister wanted something. She would just go and buy it.

After the house was decorated, Kat sits down and goes over the books. Carol had done a great job while they were gone taking care of the place. She made the deposits and pay outs. Kat had gotten an email from the two Marshals that they were doing okay and would like to get with them after the holidays about another case.

She does wonder how the Bounty’s were doing. She knew the youngest one had hurt her back from the explosion. She had cleaned and changed Paul’s bandages this morning, before they left the house.

She gets up and head into the nursery to look at her twins. She so missed her babies and after what she went through with the team almost being killed. She wonders if her father ever had days like this?

She just stands there and look down at her little ones. She was going to need to be more careful.

“Mom, dinner is ready.” Brittney had looked in the living room for her mother, but she wasn’t there.

Kat heard her daughters voice and heads towards the dining room.

up
213 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I'm wondering if the person

I'm wondering if the person or persons who claimed the bounty, just may give it to Kat and her crew due to the massive injuries they all sustained in trying to take down the very bad guys? I'm only basing my guess on the comments to Kat "to let it go".