Tammy:Deathtrap - Part 20 (Final) "The Trap Is Sprung"

Printer-friendly version
 Deathtrap  

Part
 
Twenty
(final)

 

"The Trap Is Sprung"

 

 
Saturday 10th December 2016 (Continued)
 

Tammy was escorted back to her room at the end of her first session with Sheila Fitzgerald and John Smith, where a coffee awaited alongside a wedge of shortbread and a banana, clearly there was no intention of letting her starve. It had been obvious to Tammy that Sheila had tried to catch her out at the end of that session and the questioning had been fast and furious, but what was the fixation with the Docklands apartment?

The coffee was supplied in a cafetière and was thankfully a strong blend, just the drink she needed if she wanted to remain focused. She put the bedside radio on to listen for the eleven o'clock news, assuming she wasn't called back to the library.

The top of the hour passed with news from South Korea where the president was being impeached, and from the US where preparations were under way for the next presidential inauguration. Of course the usual UK political bickering was still in full, there was still over a week before the overpaid windbags in both Houses of Parliament had their winter break.

The radio station switched back to music and chat after the news and Tammy caught herself humming along to a seventies number, although she couldn't remember who it was by. The presenter did announce the title and artist but this coincided with a knock on her door.

"Are they ready for me?"

"I'm afraid not, Miss Smart, it'll be after lunch."

The police officer went away, leaving Tammy wondering why someone simply hadn't phoned her room, and what was taking the time. What had she said that might have changed the inquisitors' plans?

She left the music playing until midday when another presenter took over, with promises of a live interview with the Minister of Magic, or something; she switched off the radio. Tammy picked up her tablet and restarted the book she'd chosen the day before.

Lunch arrived at twelve thirty and she'd barely put her knife and fork down when her escort arrived. "They're ready for you now." She took her fresh coffee with her.

"Our apologies, Miss Smart, for cutting your lunch short but we are pressed for time."

"Let em guess, someone is coming up for forty-eight hours in cells and needs to be charged or released?"

Sheila turned to look at John Smith, who laughed. "I did warn you that she's sharper than she looks."

Tammy wasn't certain if that was a double-edged compliment or simply abuse of a common phrase, she took the option of just smiling, Sheila turned back to face her.

"As it happens, yes."

"So, who's in the cells?"

"Sorry, but that is not open to discussion."

"As I didn't hear of any security matters on the news, apart from your attempts to snare me, I suspect this is a terrorist case?"

"Potentially yes, and far more complex than most. Can we begin, Miss Smart?"

"Sure."

"Do you have a boyfriend at the moment?"

"Yes, not that I think the question is relevant?"

"Let us be the judge of that, what's his name?"

"James McInlay."

"Where is he from?"

"Thurso."

"How long have you known him?"

"Since October last year but we've only been together for the last eight weeks or so."

"I see, what about whilst you were in London?"

"One lad at the NCA wanted to get into my knickers but he didn't reach first base, I stayed single and happily celibate."

"Was anyone else interested in you, socially?"

"No, not as far as I know."

"Did you entertain in your Docklands apartment?"

"No, almost the only time I had visitors was when it was being swept."

"Did you use cleaning services?"

"No."

"What about any other staff?"

"We had Francesca available."

"Francesca?"

"Francesca Fullerton, she's my father's PA in London but I can use her if I need to. She was cleared before we hired her, by the way."

"Did she ever come into the apartment?"

"Only on the day Suzie moved in, I can't remember her being up there any other time."

"Did you meet Suzie's boyfriends?"

"I met one a year ago, we went out one evening as a threesome. She split with him in January, that's why Suzie moved into the apartment."

"Did you meet her socially?"

"No."

"You went to St Andrews, that's a boys school?"

"Yes, although it does admit girls now."

"How long have you been a girl?"

"Excuse me, but is this relevant?"

"I just find it strange that your medical records have you down as a natural girl when there's a copy of your gender recognition certificate in your personnel file?"

"Somebody played with my medical records, I queried it at the time but I guess they haven't been fixed. I think I can live with that."

"Were you responsible?"

"NO!"

"Calm down, Miss Smart."

"I'm done with discussions of a personal nature, John?"

The MI5 Personnel Security chief put his pen down. "I'd have to agree with Tammy, this is not relevant to the investigation."

Sheila shuffled some papers in front of her.

"When did you become involved in the Templeton brothers?"

"I met Donald on my first day at the university, this year that is, but it was nearly a month later at the end of October when Carl appeared on my radar."

"What was your interest?"

"Donald Templeton seemed to have information about me that he couldn't have obtained through normal channels. Seeing as he caused me some concerns I wrote a contact report, he claimed to have spoken to DI Kevin Edmunds but Kevin denies any conversation took place. Given that Donald was my senior lecturer, I needed to be certain that my security hadn't been compromised."

"I see, what about your interest in Carl?"

"When I got wind of a brother, one who was teaching at my former school, that was too much of a coincidence. Dave Brown spooked him", Tammy giggled, "and he quit the school soon after that. I never actually met Carl Templeton."

"Okay, how did you meet the O'Shaughnessy children?"

"Finlay was a pupil at my former school and Daisy was placed there after their parents were killed."

"Finlay?"

"Now known as Florence and the pair were adopted a year ago by Ms Cathy McPherson, now the head of the Clan McPherson in Thurso."

"What about their parents' deaths?"

"The prime suspects were John & Anita Gore. Other Gores were involved in trying to cover that up and to find the intel that the O'Shaughnessys had gathered."

"You killed Anita Gore, why?"

"That was a complicated day; The Gores hijacked David Stewart's funeral with the intention of killing me plus anyone who got in their way. One police officer was already dead when I disarmed John Gore with CS spray. I took his weapon and eventually confronted Anita Gore, it was her or me and I chose me."

"You took CS gas to a funeral?"

"No, I took that from an injured police officer. I didn't have my own weapon as it was in a safe that I didn't have access to. Damn, was someone trying to make sure I didn't have a weapon on me at the crematorium? Was Hilary involved?"

"Why would you take a weapon to a funeral?"

"I'd been threatened the day before, that's when I found out my office in town had been damaged, preventing my access to the safe. Police Scotland were handling that but the Met Police were responsible for the investigation into the Gores."

"You were arrested?"

"Yes, but that was resolved quickly."

"What happened next?"

"I was relocated to London, although I can't say that my tenure at the National Crime Agency was enjoyable."

"However you didn't kill anyone whilst you were there?"

"If you are going to insult me, this is over."

John Smith wasn't looking happy.

"I'm sorry Miss Smart, just a few more questions and then we're done."

"Okay."

"Now, you're attached to the Financial Investigations Unit but you don't appear to undertake any monetary work?"

"Yes, that's been a bit of a strange one, but that was due to the way I was recruited. My guess is that that topic is not for discussion?"

"Have that team been involved in any of your recent investigations and operations?"

"No. I haven't even spoken to them for ages."

"Have you discussed your work with anyone outside of your operational management?"

"No."

"What about that American agent?"

"That was a personal investigation that the department wasn't interested in, in fact I was told explicitly not to use departmental resources, that included staff and databases."

"So you went overseas for help?"

"As I said, it was a personal investigation after I connected several apparent distinct data breaches. I know that Kerri has access to some high end hardware as she provided the unencrypted info on the True Freedom attacks. She also doesn't play departmental politics, not in this country at least."

"Thank you Miss Smart, you may go."

As Tammy left, Suzie was heading in the opposite direction, Tammy wondered if she'd said anything that could harm her sister? Had she said anything that could harm any of her friends? What was the connection between all these cases?

Back in her room, Tammy tried to analyse what she'd gleaned from the questioning, why did they keep mentioning True Freedom? Was there another part of the terrorist group that hadn't been dealt with?

She put the radio back on and thankfully the music was back, after the lunchtime hiatus.

What was MI6's involvement, Tammy wondered, why wasn't this an internal MI5 investigation? There simply had to be an MI6 mole with links to herself and Suzie, but who? Tammy had suspicions about the Templetons but they'd only recently shown up and Suzie hadn't been involved in anything north of the border?

By three she'd had enough of her pondering and called to see if the range was free, ten minutes later she was holding her handbag sized Glock 19.

"Same routine, Miss Smart, twenty rounds to warm up and then testing."

"If you don't mind, I'd just like to practice today and maybe test tomorrow?"

"I have a slot at nine if you'd like it? The range is fully in use from eleven onwards."

"I'll take it, thanks."

Tammy used sixty rounds and her confidence, as well as her accuracy, developed during the ninety minutes she was on the range.

"I can't see any reason why you won't pass tomorrow, Miss."

"Thank you, Sir."

"Oh, your escorts have been withdrawn, I've just been informed."

She let herself out of the range and headed for the conservatory, finding Suzie there.

"What's up?"

"I've made a big mistake and I'm afraid I'll be sacked, or worse?"

"What is it?"

"I can't say, but I've been stupid, bloody stupid."

Tammy had a gem of inspiration, "boyfriend?"

I can't say."

"Okay, but you're not in a cell, are you?"

"No, but my security clearance might as well be printed on a paper aeroplane or toilet paper."

"Look, we'll get through this."

"I doubt you'll be unscathed, Tammy, this is deep."

"Except I still don't know what it's about."

"And I can't tell you."

The maid arrived with tea for both of them, and another wedge of the Dundee Cake, although this time there was a jug of whipping cream with it. Tammy took small bites as she made her way through the cake, Suzie was quite the opposite and finished it in no time.

"That wasn't bad."

"Suzie, have you decided what you'll do for Christmas?"

"I doubt I'll have a job, so I guess that means moving up to Thurso as I can't afford to live in London without work?"

"Haven't Mum or Dad said anything?"

"No, I've been under orders not to contact you and that meant not calling Thurso at all."

"So I've been persona non grata?"

"Sort of, it was more to isolate you from what was going on down here."

"Was it really necessary to bug Dave, intercept my emails and close a two day educational conference? Oh, and track me?"

"That wasn't me."

"Really?"

"Okay, I handled some of it but the decision to do those things was way above my pay grade. Anyway, how do you know?"

"The Evening Standard was a useful source, Suzie."

John Smith had appeared in the doorway to the conservatory.

"That doesn't explain why your coat ended up at Wimbledon bus garage?"

"Sorry John, that's a need-to-know, but I wouldn't mind it back? Do Special Branch have it?"

"On the contrary, Miss Smart, I'm told it's being dry cleaned."

"Okay, thank you, but I expect the tracker will be removed?"

"As you somehow know it's there, it's no longer of use."

"John, my sister seems to think she's losing her job?"

"Please, don't make any predictions or try to extrapolate, there will be a full briefing tomorrow for relevant officers. A press release will be going to the media shortly afterwards for Monday's papers."

"So when can I, we, leave?"

"After tomorrow's briefing and any supplemental interviews."

If dinner on Thursday, her first night at Abigail Adams House, had been awkward then dinner tonight was indescribably awful. The food was good, the wine superb, the desserts joyful but everyone at the table was under orders not to say a thing.

They were using the small dining room and there wasn't anyone unfamiliar at the table, apart from Suzie Tammy could see Dave Brown, John Smith, Jenny Osborne and Kevin Edmunds. Tammy had questions for all of them but even small-talk seemed to be off-limits.

Jenny had excused herself after the main course and Tammy didn't see her again that evening. Kevin looked tired, Tammy guessed he would be at the briefing the following day but apparently couldn't confirm by asking him. Dave was the surprise, she'd suspected he was in the house but she hadn't seen him and now understood why - his face had several cuts and bruises and one of his wrists was wrapped in a bandage, he had been through the wars recently.

Answers would have to wait.

 
Sunday 11th December 2016
 

Tammy woke with more hope and shortly after seven was in the pool, Suzie arrived some fifteen minutes later.

"How come you knew there was a pool here?"

"I've stayed in the house before, and it seems I left a swimsuit last time I was here."

"What's the news from home?"

"I'll assume that I can talk family matters?" Tammy raised her voice, half expecting a response.

"Are you paranoid, Tammy?"

"No, the place is wired so you can assume they are listening to us as well as, probably, watching?"

"Why?"

"This house has been used for debriefing foreign agents, amongst other things. I suggest you get in the water?"

Suzie sank herself in the warm water and swam for a minute before coming back to Tammy.

"Anyway, what about home?"

"Angela is in Glasgow and has her surgery in the morning."

"Damn, I didn't know."

"Neither did I until a few days ago, I haven't been the sister I could have been, or should have been."

"So are we going to Glasgow from here?"

"That depends on too many factors."

"Well, do you know what time this briefing is?"

"Nope, and I don't know if I'm invited as I'm probably being discussed. I also have an appointment on the firing range straight after breakfast."

"There's a range?"

"Yes, and two of my weapons are in there. I need to qualify with my little firearm, the Glock 19. I did the test for the '26 on Friday."

"Test?"

"I have to re-qualify each year. My certificate was due to run out so I opted to do it here, there's nowhere near Thurso to qualify."

They were both in the dining room by eight for breakfast. Tammy glanced at the front of The Observer newspaper, the headline was 'Major Spy Ring Smashed'. When John Smith arrived Tammy asked him if he's seen the paper? He snatched it up and went steaming out of the room.

Tammy suggested Suzie joined her in the range.

"Why?"

"It'll distract you from whatever you're dreading and you'll see what I have to do."

"Why do you think you'll keep your guns after this is over?"

"Because the range officer wouldn't have tested me if I was losing my licence."

"But?"

"Look, if you want to go with me, I need to move now? You can have a go on the range yourself, if the officer allows it?"

"Nah, leave me out. I'll ponder my future in the conservatory."

It took Tammy an hour and a half but she scraped a pass.

"Well done Miss Smart. I wonder if you'd like to try a new weapon that we've received in the past week, it's a SIG Sauer P320, soon to be the US Army's standard sidearm."

"Sure."

"It has a 9mm option but I think you'd do better with .357 rounds, there's fourteen in the magazine."

"To be honest, can I try a .40" weapon?"

"I don't have a P320 in .40 but I do have a standard Glock 22?"

Tammy wasn't ready for the kick from the first shot but adapted her grip after the first few and by the fourth shot was regularly hitting the target. She put the weapon down after two magazines and grabbed her sore right wrist.

"How the bloody Hell does Kerri use these twice weekly?" Tammy muttered to herself.

The range officer looked confused. "Come again, Miss?"

Tammy held up the pistol. "Someone I met. She carries two and said she is on a range at least twice weekly, same calibre as this."

"Must be American. Those Yanks really go at it. Makes it seem like they even train the office staff, just so they can send whomever happens to be free at the time." The range officer shook his head. "They definitely do things different. Sometimes, it's not a bad thing. You didn't hear that from me though."

"Thanks, why did you suggest I tried a higher calibre?"

"I like to make certain my customers are fully experienced, in case circumstances means they're faced with an unfamiliar weapon. They can get that experience here, safely."

"I'm not expecting to use a .40 calibre weapon in the near future."

"Never rule anything out, Miss Smart."

Tammy was directed to the incident room for the eleven o'clock briefing. Nothing was said until the doors were confirmed as locked. The lights were low and Tammy couldn't identify everyone in the room.

"Thank you everyone, my apologies for squeezing into here but this room is completely secure. For those who don't know me, my name is John Smith and this briefing is Top Secret.

"Firstly, we have concluded our initial inquiry but it seems someone leaked details of the investigation to the papers so now we also have a damage limitation exercise in process. In essence, some of you were identified in today's article and I think you can realise what that means."

Tammy was putting two and two together and not liking the sum.

"Each of you will be spoken to individually but the immediate result of the inquiry is that the Financial Investigative Unit at Thames House is being closed and the responsibilities will be merged into other units. This means that some staff will be moved and some released. The unit's manager, Jennifer Osborne is taking a well deserved retirement effective immediately.

"Unfortunately, misdirection by persons outside the Service managed to disrupt and infiltrate not one, not two but many investigations. Right now the Intelligence Oversight Committee is considering whether to let us deal with this in house or invoke a parliamentary investigation. Clearly there is potential for considerable damage to persons within and outside of this room."

He let his words hang for several seconds.

"For those who don't know, True Freedom have made several attempts to infiltrate the Security Service both before and since their take-down in London during the early summer. They penetrated our sister service, the Secret Intelligence Service, managed to get an operative into GCHQ, and got close to two Financial Unit analysts. In the course of their deception and treachery, they murdered several people and broke into apparently secure databases. Operatives were put at risk, the public was put at risk. Some of you, as a direct result of this, cannot work in operational teams any further."

He paused again.

"I will see each of you in the library over the next few hours, unless you're otherwise told you can stay for lunch and then leave. Transport arrangements will be posted at midday, the interview schedule is being posted now."

As everyone left Tammy could see the dozen or so of the Thames House based Finance Unit staff, including Suzie who was sobbing. Tammy followed the pack slowly and soon John Smith was next to her. "You and your sister are first, come on."

Tammy shouted for Suzie and dragged her off to the library, after offering her a tissue.

"Thank you ladies. Now Tammy, I have a problem and I'm hoping you might be able to assist me."

"Why, John?"

"Suzie's boyfriend was the MI6 mole, he was also the True Freedom recruiter."

"Oh, bugger."

"Indeed, right now Suzie is toast and she needs to get out of London asap. She'll need the support of family."

"Can I make a call?"

"Sure. But you'll need to know that his name is Alex Fullerton, he and his sister are currently at Paddington Green nick and will be in front of a magistrate later today charged with terrorism, breaches of the official secrets act, conspiracy to murder and a few more in all likelihood. I believe you are familiar with the sister?"

"Francesca Fullerton? Oh shit!"

Tammy used the secure phone in the library to call home.

"Dad, go secure."

It was a minute before the secure light glowed.

"I've been worried."

"Never mind that, two things, no three things have come up."

"Okay."

"Suzie and I need the plane at Stansted, no scrub that, North Weald Airfield isn't far from here, John?"

"Twenty five miles."

"I think North Weald will be quieter, so, Dad, can you get the plane to fly down and collect us."

"Can't you take a commercial flight up here?"

"No, for Suzie's sake we need to be discrete."

"Earliest is late tonight as it's doing another job at the moment, best would be in the morning so the crew can rest properly?"

"Fine, I think we can last another night."

"What's the other things?"

"We need to clear out the apartment and put it on the market. It would be useful to look for another apartment, but not in Docklands."

"I'll have Pru work on that in the morning, what about access to the apartment? Can I call Jenny on her usual number and then get hold of ?"

"Err, no. And don't call Francesca either but I can't tell you why right now. Hold on."

John wrote a number down and handed it to Tammy to read out, "Call this number tomorrow morning, Dad."

"How are you both? I presume I can ask that?"

"We'll survive, but we'll have Suzie back with us for a while."

"I'll let your Mum know."

"Thanks Dad. How's Angela?"

"She's on her way to Glasgow, can you give her a call?"

"Will do. Bye."

Tammy hung up the call. "I suppose the apartment is also toast?"

"Correct, but as you own it I could hardly tell you to sell it, Tammy?"

"Okay, now my guess is that I didn't get off cleanly?"

"Your situation is a little more complicated as you are already a public figure and you are also known to certain criminal groups."

"So outing me wouldn't have the same effect?"

"Correct."

Suzie asked "did the article name either of us?"

"No, but reference was made to your relationship, Suzie, and it wouldn't take long for your name to come out. For Tammy, the O'Shaughnessys parents were killed because they were investigating True Freedom, and when the Gores failed to take you out they were killed before they could reveal their links. We also believe the Lavoska sisters were, connected to the group and we'll be re-interviewing Paula Lavoska about that tomorrow."

"We couldn't work out their connection, there wasn't anything in common."

"Well, it fits with intelligence we've gathered. Your acquaintance Sharon was also on their books, before she went to GCHQ for that course and since she went rogue."

"So who did she meet in the theatre foyer in Cheltenham?"

"We now believe that was Alex Fullerton."

"My boyfriend, ex boyfriend? I hate him!"

"Yes, we believe his original intention was to become Tammy's boyfriend and was the driver of the black car you both saw."

"So it wasn't fate that brought them together?"

"No, Tammy. Suzie, how did you meet, again?"

"He helped me move into the apartment, Francesca, his sister, gave me his number and we eventually got to see each-other regularly."

Tammy added, "I guess our father will have to find another London PA now?"

"Never mind her, what about me?"

"I'm sorry, Suzie, but we'll have to let you go. You get six months on full pay and your leaving date will be the eleventh of June next year, you'll keep your pension rights but you can't take any work in that six months, and even after then there will be restrictions."

Suzie was sobbing, "I ruined everything." Tammy put her arm around her sister then pulled her tight. "We'll get through this, he didn't say you couldn't do a course, did he?"

John coughed, "I do have others to see! You'll be given a pack with full information plus a few forms to sign before you leave the house. Now, Tammy, Sharon Gainsborough remains at large and is considered dangerous although there's no evidence she's violent. As for the Templetons, forget Carl as he has a new identity in a different area."

"What about Donald?"

"Donald isn't his brother but was his minder. He's no longer used by the intelligence agencies."

"That's how he was able to get background info on me?"

"Yes, you put in a report about him and he did the same about you. What he didn't know was that his contact was also a True Freedom agent."

"Alex?"

"Yes."

"What was Carl's role?"

"We don't yet know, but he would have been close to your parents as they both work in the school?"

"So our family was targeted on multiple fronts?"

"Yes, it was a cozy trap with you being made to look like the mole, but without any specific intel."

"So I was left up there, out of the way and shut out of intelligence operations?"

"Yes, that would divert attention away from Alex and his little group."

"So how did we reach this," Tammy swept her arm, "how did we get from that to here?"

"You sprung the trap, catching everyone off-guard."

"Only because Dave suggested it."

"True, but he didn't tell you how to use counter-surveillance techniques, did he? That convinced several people that you needed to be stopped."

"Because of me?"

"Yes, then there was a bomb hoax phoned into the Met at the teachers' conference and that led to your B&B booking being found. The hoax was phoned from a mobile outside your apartment. Fortunately Alex was arrested at the restaurant and that highlighted his connection to Suzie, causing the house of cards to collapse."

"You said this was deep?"

"It goes back several years and affects much of your operational and personal life."

"But I keep my position whilst Suzie loses hers?"

"Not quite, I do believe you're on a sabbatical right now and that meant you are under my unit."

"I still dealt with Jenny?"

"For operational matters yes, but Financial Investigations is being wound up so we're looking for a better way to handle your unique situation."

"When?"

"What do you mean, Tammy?"

"My guess is that you've already made plans about my future, when were you going to tell me?"

"You'll be contacted in the next few weeks."

"Okay, okay, so I'm not going to be a simple student for the next few years? One thing bugs me though, John, who runs True Freedom? How come they were under the radar until this summer?"

"Helen Bell."

"Don't know her."

"You worked with her, Tammy, she was going under the name of Hilary Bull by then."

"But she's in prison!"

"That hasn't stopped her. We got her name out of Alex and we're now checking all her visitors."

Tammy held Suzie as they left the study, opting to go up to Suzie's room so she could freshen up.

"I was a fool!"

"It could have happened to any of us, the Lavoska sisters wanted me to go to Geneva to work for them, that would have me working directly for terrorists. Then there's Hilary bloody Bull, don't get me started on her!"

Tammy left Suzie then went to her own room, leaving her door ajar. She was in the bathroom when there was a light tap on the door. "Come in, won't be a mo!"

She was still straightening her leggings up as she walked back into the bedroom, where Dave Brown was waiting.

"Oh, sorry, back in a sec."

Tammy dashed back into the bathroom and made certain she was decent.

"Okay Dave, what happened?"

"I had a hunch that the meeting place had been discovered so I went there early and sat with the family. Alex turned up and pulled a weapon on me, he was disarmed quickly but I sustained a few hits. Then the counter terrorist lot turned up and nicked me as well, fortunately Kevin was involved but not before one of the officers decided to put his mark on me as well."

"Can I make a suggestion, Dave?"

"Go on."

"Let's grab a light lunch then, assuming Kevin is still in the building, get some transport back to the Vietnamese restaurant, we'll take Suzie with us as she needs cheering up, Kevin too if he's free. I'm sure we can use some make-up to make you look decent?"

"Sounds like a plan, apart from the make-up, but when are you leaving?"

"Private plane from North Weald tomorrow."

"Both?"

"Yes, our sister is in hospital and we need to visit."

"Long term?"

"Suzie has the rest of her life ahead of her but not with an intelligence service. As for me, I don't know yet."

#fin

up
432 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Tammy Deathtrap

Tammy becoming UK branch of OICA?

a real pleasure

Alecia Snowfall's picture

Once again; a real pleasure to collaborate with Shiraz. I have definitely had a blast! *many hugs*

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

"Watch this space"

OK, but I will not hold my breath, that might make another piece of collateral damage!
I can't say that I am much less confused, the answers came so quickly.
Best wishes

still confused

Maddy Bell's picture

I think I got the gist of all that!

So when does Tammy get seconded to US intelligence?

Awaiting more with baited breath
Mads


image7.1.jpg    

Madeline Anafrid Bell

Oh my Goddess

After what Tammy has been through you want her to work for the US government with all the chaos they are going through? Throw her to the wolves why don't you? Probably makes for another good story though. :-)

Great Adventuree

Thanks, Shiraz, for another great adventure.
I look forward to the next book.

Red MacDonald

"As for me, I don't know yet."

giggles. I hope you can write more of her adventures, it looks like things are still going to be interesting for some time to come.

DogSig.png

Cor!

Podracer's picture

What an untanglement. I can almost see a famous Belgian revealing all the dark details. Even now, I don't suppose that Tammy can ever stop checking under her car, whatever career route she follows.

"Reach for the sun."

Endings are such a let down for me

I really hate the endings of aTammy story as it signal a long wait till the next one.
As ever this was a delight to read even if it was a little convoluted.
Hopefully Tammy can move on to new adventures leaving the legacy and the bad memories behind. Clearly she is never going to have a "normal" life but thats what makes it fun to read.

Will

Alex Fullerton

WillowD's picture

A real nice guy. I played Dungeons and Dragons with him in high school. He's nothing like the guy mentioned here.

As usual, an awesome story. I hope you write that epilogue. Even if it's just covers her family reactions when they arrive home, what happens at school, at the theater, etc. And I am really looking forward to if and when you publish Tammy's stories on Amazon. And I'd love to see more stories about Gail Jones, accountant, too. :)

Thank you so much for writing these. You are an awesome author.

Alex Fullerton

WillowD's picture

A real nice guy. I played Dungeons and Dragons with him in high school. He's nothing like the guy mentioned here.

As usual, an awesome story. I hope you write that epilogue. Even if it's just covers her family reactions when they arrive home, what happens at school, at the theater, etc. And I am really looking forward to if and when you publish Tammy's stories on Amazon. And I'd love to see more stories about Gail Jones, accountant, too. :)

Thank you so much for writing these. You are an awesome author.

More twists

than a twisted twisty thing...

What we really learn from the whole saga is that Tammy and her dad need some serious help in vetting PAs and household staff.

For the future, will Tammy's life settle down with her taking a more normal (relatively) role in the SIS, or will her talent as a trouble magnet mean her role will be that of designated worm in future mole hunting cases?
Not forgetting she owes favours to some really big fish with very sharp teeth

It's Actually A Cunning Plan

joannebarbarella's picture

By Shiraz to get me to go back and reread the whole of the Tammy Chronicles so that I can put all the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle together in my own mind.

That will keep me entertained without having any new Tammytales while Shiraz gets herself organised.

Cunning plan

shiraz's picture

Oh damn, you found the secret plot!

- - - -

Paperback cover Boat That Frocked.png

I've enjoyed this thread

NoraAdrienne's picture

In Tammy's adventures very much. I hope they continue with a new story line.

0.40 calibre

What next?
A girl just needs a Desert Eagle in 0.50 in her purse for some dick waving, doesn't she?
:D
Yeah - to Weegieland ASAP, SISTERS!

I'm partial to the...

S&W model 500, if you really want to go with the 'Hand Cannon' variety. It has a larger casing than the 50AE cartridge the Desert Eagle fires and can fire hotter loads giving it a faster muzzle velocity and more kinetic energy.

Although the .40 caliber (and the 10mm) were designed as a cartridge to fill the gap between 9mm and the .45ACP. Giving you more stopping power than the 9mm and higher velocity than the .45ACP.

Of course, I agree with Tammy's range master in that she should become familiar with all sorts of firearms, as in her line of work one never knows what she may be forced to use in an emergency to defend herself or others. Heaven forbids she pick up a heavy caliber handgun like a Desert Eagle off a dead assailant and get shot while trying to locate the safety so she can fire it. Or even worse, not be prepared for the heavier recoil and when she fires it the recoil brings the pistol back to hit herself in the forehead and knock herself unconscious.

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Pistols ...

I think the biggest pistol I ever shot was a .45 Mag Revolver, though I may have done a .50 DE? For my little frame, both are too heavy to be any fun at all. I did feel confident with my .45 ACP, though I am not sure why the Military version seemed to kick so painfully, while my civilian p90 Ruger was just fine.

We used to kill a lot of game with a .22 short rifle. It might be the best survival rifle because it will kill a deer at short range and you can carry a lot of ammo.

My in laws, because of penile inadequacy, used to shoot these giant hand cannons, and they would bait me to badger me into shooting them. I think I shot a 300 win mag, and to me that was just nuts! Since I could not hold a rifle that steady for long range, I used a 30.06 and that was plenty for 200 yards.

Poor Tammy. The fools hire her, and then spend all that time trying to bait her into failing. Management needs to stand behind those they hire or just fuck bloody off. What a bunch of incompetent asses. No wonder they needed help with WWII. And actually WWII was caused by the punitive solution to WWI. It might have been best to let the Germans have France, perhaps.

Tammy

Another excellent story about my favorite secret agent. I am look forward to see more of Tammy's Adventures soon. Thanks for the story. Pedro

Vetting not very affective

Jamie Lee's picture

It would appear there needs to be a new course about vetting, and how to paper trace without using a computer.

Everyone caught in the trap flew under the radar because somewhere along the way, someone didn't dig deep enough in their backgrounds. Likely computer searches were done which would lead to only those answers left in the computer. Once that information was found the background check stopped, as planned. There are paper trails which would be hard to remove, but not impossible. That's why people should learn to rifle through tons of paper looking for needed information instead of simply using the computer.

Suzie screwed up by having a boyfriend she never checked out thoroughly. And yet, this may be just what she needs, to get away from all the cloak and dagger garbage. However, she and Tammy are valuable assets who can still be used but far behind the scenes. Far behind the scenes!

Hopefully an epilogue will let us know how both Tammy and Suzie get back to some sort of regular life. Hopefully gives us information about the families who've blamed Tammy for every stupid decision they made. And put to bed the entire "let's get Tammy" Government undercover groups, the ones for her and against her.

And hopefully another wonderful Tammy story will grace this site in the future.

Others have feelings too.

Minister of Magic?

WillowD's picture

I can't believe I've never noticed this reference before. I am wondering now how many times I've read this story. I assume it's been several times by this point.