Category-testing

Printer-friendly version

The winds whipped and swept across the city’s block as a gorgeous, young girl stride her way through it, hair dancing and flying through the wind, and skirt fluttering with it.

It was mid-December and all the young girl had on was a blouse and skirt with shorts under her plaid skirt. Her socks came knee high with a very uniformed patterned.

Despite her lack of insulation, the girl was warm as the others with insulation. She took long strides with her shapely legs and proud demeanor.

“Destiny!” called out a mature voice behind her. “Wait up.” Destiny halted and twirled to face her mother who wasn’t quite as gorgeous as her daughter, but still as lovely as ever.

The girl became shy as she apologized, “Sorry mom, I’m just so excited.”

“No worry, honey. If I got superpowers, I would be just excited.”

“It’s not just that mom. I’m just glad that I changed into a girl. It just feels so correct!” Destiny was once a boy name Desmond. Due to her manifestation, her body morphed into the now gorgeous Destiny.

“Right sweetheart, I can’t imagine how great it feels. Anyway, we can’t miss our appointment.” Destiny’s mom pushed her daughter forward to continue walking.

As the mother and daughter stride together, they chat. “What do you think my powers are going to be?”

“I don’t know, sweetheart. From what I’ve read, you’re at least a paragon.”

“I know that, but I'm wondering what other powers I have. Maybe I have telekinesis or artifice.” Destiny twirled and does a motion with her hands to the charade that she picked something up with her mind.

“Now sweetheart, we won’t know that until we get into the building. Speaking of the devil, we’re here.” Destiny stopped still gaze upon the office building as her mother passed by her. The sign on the building read ‘Department of Supernatural’ under that it read ‘Category-testing center.’

Destiny had been here one time before six months ago when her body first started the changed, but this time she would be walking out with the knowledge of her power.

Destiny’s mother grabbed her pulling her in, “Come on sweetheart. Let’s get out of the cold.”

Destiny didn’t utter anything. She just sat down and waited for her mother to sign her in. When her mother came back, Destiny sassed, “You know I can’t feel cold or hot, mom.” Giggling as soon as she articulated. Paragons are well known for being resistance to weather, its common knowledge.

Her mom laughed back, “Don’t sass me, I’m not a paragon like you. I still have to wear my layers.” Destiny’s mom was wearing a lovely burgundy winter coat and a fiery red infinity scarf to match.

Destiny was about to retort only to be interrupted “Miss Destiny Turner.” By a nurse.

Destiny stood up along with her mother and nervously followed the nurse to a checkup room. There, they took her blood, blood pressure, height, weight, and many other examinations that are far too embarrassing. After that, they waited in a patient room. Waiting, like all patients in a hospital.

Eventually, an old balding man in a lab coat entered, “Miiiiisss” he looks back down at his clipboard “Miss Turn, is that correct?”

Destiny giggled and nodded, “Yes.”

“I’m Dr. Walker, I see that you’re fully female now. How do you feel?”

Destiny couldn’t keep check of her giddiness, “I feel wonderful! Like I feel correct. No longer depressed like I had been.”

The doctor smiled warmly and wrote something down, “That’s good, any way you ready for the testing?”

The young girl nodded her head vigorously.

“Good!” A nurse pulled out a package, “This is a sensor suit. Please put it on and follow Nurse Joy to the testing area.” The doctor exited as abruptly as he entered.

Destiny quickly undressed and slide into the sensor suit. It was tight and hugged every curve on Destiny’s gorgeous body. She follows the nurse into the testing range. It had all types of exorcising equipment from treadmills to obstacle courses to flying obstacle courses.

The doctor asked, “Okay Ms. Turner, will you please get on the treadmill.” Destiny nodded and did what he said. “Okay, now I’m about to turn the machine on in three, two, one.” The machine started moving and Destiny ran to keep up with it. After a few minutes, the treadmill increased in speed gradually until eventually, Destiny couldn’t keep up. Then the treadmill stopped leaving winded Destiny.

After a few moments, Destiny regained her breath, “Alright Ms. Turner, please lay on the bench table.” Destiny laid on the bench table. “Okay, not lift the weight.” She lifts the weight and notices how light it is. She does one repetition. The next one is heavy. Another rep and the bar was heavier than before. Each time Destiny did a rep the bar became heavier all the way until she couldn’t hold it anymore and the bar was brought back to the hanger. Destiny’s arms felt like Jell-O as she stands up.

“Alright, now try and go to each station and do what the instructions provide you to do.”

Destiny did this, each station didn’t yield any results. The last station came up and a nurse stood by it. She said, “Ok, I’m going to poke you with this needle and then I’m going to poke myself with a different needle. I want you to try and heal and/or yourself.” Destiny nodded. The nurse took her finger, rubbed alcohol on it and poked it. Immediately, the injury that was poked healed up. The nurse rubbed alcohol on her finger and poked it. Destiny focuses and the wound began to heal. She immediately jumped up and down shouting, “Eureka!”

After Destiny gets dress and goes to Dr. Walker. The doctor is there waiting for her. “Well, we have that done.” He handed her a card that read ‘Destiny Marie Turner: PC, MdpA3’ along with a bunch of numbers and other government official. “That’s your Super Identification Card. Take it around everywhere. Do you understand the tags?”

Destiny nodded, “Yeah, I’m a paragon class C and a Medic, doctor, patient, class A, rank 3.”

“Good, piece of advice. Don’t tell strangers that you’re a medic. Medics are highly sought out and the wrong people will do anything to use your powers.” Destiny nodded again, she knew this. It’s something she’s been thinking about ever since six months back. “Alright, that’s all she wrote. You’re discharged.” The doctor smiled as he walked away to another patient.

Destiny’s mother, who was sitting in the patient room waiting, stands up and said, “How was it, sweetheart?”

Destiny sighs and smiles as she gave her mother an ear full about the test and the results. Life was great for Destiny and will be for many years to come.

up
54 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos