The Adventure Begins Chapter 14

Printer-friendly version

Bogdan looks at the creature he had summoned to send and retrieved the girl before him. This creature was more than a match for the familiar protecting her. It was going to take most of his magical energies and the energies of the people he had killed to power the spell. It was necessary for him to kill several people to fuel the spell he needed. The spell was too break through the magical protections of the house where the girl was hiding.

Bogdan starts the spell and could feel the portal he was trying to open to the house resisting him. He pours more magical energies into the spell. The magical protections were still holding and resisting. Bogdan pours all his might and magic into the spell and the protections exploded.

Cassandra’s and Vince’s house:
Isa and Angela were listing to some music when the tiny hairs on Isa’s arm stood on end. A slight glow appeared in the middle of the room. Isa grabs the sword Sparrow gave her and then felt the release of the magical energies as a bright flash of light and a rush of power hit her full force. She felt the power as it rushed over her. She was temporally blinded by the bright flash.

The next thing she knows, she feels a set of claws cutting right across her stomach area. The force of the blow sends her stumbling backward. On top of that, she was still seeing spots from the burst of energy.

Angela had run to her bedroom like Isa had instructed her too. She could hear a growling sound coming from the living room. All she could feel was anger and a hunger coming from whatever it was in the living room.

She felt the pain coming from Isa. She could feel that Isa had control of her anger. She was also surprised by what had attacked her.
Isa could barely see what it was that attacked her. She was still seeing spots in her vision. She concentrates and dodges just in time. Just as whatever it was that attacked her try’s again to strike her.

The creature could smell its prey and the thing in front of it was blocking its path. It tries to strike again, but it misses. It tries to attack again and is blocked by a black sword that hurts it.

Isa blocks an attack from the creature with the sword that Sparrow gave her. The writing along the blade had glowed when Isa used it against the creature. She swings the sword in a low arc to strike the creature. She watches as the blade connects with the creature and a howl erupts from its mouth.

The creatures went to attack but were blocked. It wasn’t ready for the return swing of the sword as it struck its body. It felt a burning sensation as the sword cut deep into its hide like skin. It lets out a howl as the sword sliced its skin. The being it was attacking had struck back against it. It tries again to attack, instead felt the cutting edge of the thing in the strange one’s hands.

Isa swings the sword again as the creature tries to attack again. She was prepared this time for its attack and she had her sword ready to defend herself. She could feel the magical properties of the sword. She could feel a bond forming between her and the sword and knew what the sword could and couldn’t do. The sword was designed to remove the will of an individual. The sword allowed her to bend a person to her will when used against them. She forces the person she was fighting to back down or surrender to her. In the case of this creature. It was burning the creature each time it struck.

Isa and the creature go against each other. The creature’s attacks were blocked each time as Isa used the sword like she has been using it for years. The fight between her and the creature tore the living room up, but Isa finally manages to kill the creature. The final deathblow was Isa cutting the creature in half.

It managed to get a few swipes in on her but in the ended. She ended up sending it on its way. Isa tries to get her breathing under control. She was still ready to fight some more. She could feel the bloodlust of her vampiric half. She still wanted to kill something.

She manages to get herself under control. She knew she’ll have to drink some of Betty’s blood when she gets home. She looks around at the mess her and the creature created in the living room.

Angela comes out of her bedroom when she hears and feels the death of the creature. She stops before she enters the living room.

“Angela, go back to your bedroom, please. The living room isn’t safe to be in right now.” Isa looks over towards the young girl.

In one sense, she was happy that Angela couldn’t see what had happened, but on the other hand. She wishes she could see so that she would know what they faced off against. Isa blocks her thoughts like she learned a while ago when she visited a psychic.

Angela was going to speak to Isa telepathically but felt a barrier thrown up to block her. She wonders why Isa did that.

“Why are you blocking me right now, Isa?”

“Because the vampiric side of me is still craving more bloodlust and that is something I don’t want you to feel. It’s like the animal side of my
wife when her animal side has taken over in a fight.” Isa was looking directly towards Angela.

“Okay.” Angela turns around and heads back towards her bedroom.

Isa watches as Angela heads towards her bedroom. Once, she was safely in her bedroom.

“Sparrow, I need my wife here to protect Angela.” Isa looks towards a shadow to summon her Alpha.

Pack Mansion:
Hokee comes skipping into her mother’s office “mom, Isa needs Betty at the house.”

Just as Hoke said those words. Sparrow hears Isa’s words in her head. Sparrow just smiles at her daughter.

Betty and Isa’s place:
Betty was getting ready for bed when she feels the summon from Sparrow. She changes forms and charges downstairs. Just as she reaches the bottom steps. A portal opens in front of her and she could see Isa on the other side dealing with some dead creature. She walks through the portal.

Cassandra and Vince’s Place:
Isa was starting to move the dead carcass of the creature she fought when she notices a portal opens and her wife comes walking through from it. Isa stops what she was doing and smile at her wife.

“I need for you to protect Angela while I clean this mess up.”

Betty just shakes her head towards Angela’s bedroom.

“Angela, open your bedroom door, please. My wife is going to watch over you while I clean the living room up.”

Angela opens her bedroom door and smells cat. She feels a large cat rub up against her. She runs her hands through the fur. It felt different than Kadyn. She shuts the door after the cat was inside her room.

“Hi, Angela. I’m Betty. I’m Isa’s better half.” Betty already knew Angela could speak mind to mind. She plucked the information from Isa’s mind.

“It’s nice to meet you, Betty. What type of cat are you?” Angela was still rubbing her fur.

“I’m a tiger, Angela.” Betty finds a spot in Angela’s bedroom where she could lay down and protect Angela.

“Do you mind if I lay down next to you?” Angela didn’t want to lay in her bed without Kadyn.

“I don’t mind, Angela.” Betty nudges her with her nose.

Angela grabs her pillow, blanket and snuggles up against Betty’s cat form.She uses her furry leg as her pillow.

Betty purrs for Angela to help her sleep. As she watches over Angela. The cat side of her will protect this cub from harm.

Isa was still cleaning up the living room. She could hear Betty purring.

up
198 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting idea

How about a Were-Liger? You have a Coywolf?

Gumby - I'm flexible

"Imagination is more important, than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

“The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds
new discoveries, is not ‘Eureka!’, but ‘that’s funny…’” - Isaac Asimov

So far so good

I'm still tracking on this story very well which helps me enjoy it a lot more

Another miscalculation

Jamie Lee's picture

What is Angela that Bogdan wants her dead? Bogdan has no remorse for the people he killed to enable him to break the wards protecting the house Angela was in.

And like all maniacs Bogdan didn't know about Isa and the sword she had. And because he didn't know about the sword, the creature he sent paid the price with its life.

Some are going to find that it would have been safer for them had they left Angela alone.

Others have feelings too.