Nora Midnight Part 12

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Caution: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Elements: 

TG Themes: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 

Melody wakes-up when she hears movement in the room with her. She notices Ginger getting dress. She sits up still clinching the teddy bear Nora gave her when she was in the hospital.

Ginger turns around and spots Melody sitting up watching her “well good morning. I hope I didn’t wake you.”

“N-No I’m a light s-sleeper.” Melody never allowed herself to fall into a deep sleep.

She never knew when her father would come into her bedroom. Even when she was in the hospital, she never let her guard down. She just hugs her teddy bear tighter.

Ginger had woken-up early, so she wouldn’t wake Melody up. She was getting ready for school and was trying to be as quiet as she could. She had laid everything out last night before turning in.

Melody just watches as Ginger got dress. She had been told last night while getting ready for bed. That Ginger was transgender. Melody didn’t care, that her new sister was trans. Melody gets out of bed and follows Ginger out of the bedroom. She had on a nice pink nightgown Nora had given her last night. She also had on a pair of bunny slippers.

She notices when she follows Ginger into the kitchen that Nora and Kelly were up. Kelly was fixing breakfast.

“Good morning, Melody. Are you hungry?” Karen had a stack of pancakes she made for breakfast for everyone.

Melody shakes her head yes.

“Do you like pancakes?”

“I’ve never had them before.” Her father never fed her anything nice before.

She was lucky to even get fed most days. Sometimes, she would have sex with her johns to get a burger or something. There were times she would hold some money back to buy herself something to eat.

“Well, today is your lucky day.” Karen puts four on a plate and pours maple syrup on them. She adds some sausage links to the plate.

“Here you go, Melody.” Kelly sets the plate down in front of her and adds a glass of milk.

“T-Thank you.” Melody picks up the fork and knife. She cuts into the pancakes and tries apiece.

“You’re welcome.” Kelly gives her a warm smile.

She loved the sugary taste of the syrup. She couldn’t believe the texture of the pancake. It was fluffy and airy.

Nora was watching while she drunk her coffee. She had heard from Christina last night when she landed and when she arrived at her hotel room. Today, Christina was going to be on set with her boss and fellow special effects artist.

“Melody, would you like to ride with us as I take Ginger to school?” Kelly was going to drop Ginger off.

Melody looks towards Nora to see if she would allow her.

“You can go if you want to, Melody. However, if you’re going to go with them. You’ll need to get dress first.” She gives Melody a warm smile.

After Melody finishes her breakfast. She goes with Nora back to her bedroom. Nora lets her choose what she wants to wear. Since her fingers were still splinted, Nora helps her get dress.

“I thought you might like having your own purse.” Nora hands her a purse she had picked out for her.

“T-Thank you.” Melody could tell it had some weight to it.

She opens it and discovers inside that she had a wallet, a new cellphone, brush, make-up mirror, lip gloss and a package of tissue. She looks up at Nora with tears in her eyes.

“T-Thank you.” She hugs Nora.

Nora wraps her arms around her and hugs her tight “you’re welcome.”

Nora watches as Kelly and the two girls head towards her car. Once everyone was in the car. Nora watches as Kelly backs the car out of the driveway and drives off. she turns around and heads back to the kitchen to refresh her coffee. She had an appointment tomorrow to go and take the test. If she passes the test she signed up for, she can have the results sent to Principle Kramer or the Super Attendant of schools.
She heads into her home office after cleaning the kitchen up and getting dress. She goes through the training material she had downloaded for the tests. The material covered what she would need to know about each test she was going to take. She makes notes of the material. She knows, she won’t be allowed to take her notes when she takes the test, but it doesn’t mean she couldn’t study them.

“Nora, we’re back.” Kelly walks into the house with Melody following her.

“I’m in here.” Nora glances at the clock hanging on her office wall and notices they have been gone for almost an hour.

Kelly sticks her head into Nora’s office “Ginger said she wants to take the school bus home today.”

“That’s fine.” She spots Melody standing behind Kelly.

“Come on in Melody.”

Melody walks pass Kelly and further into the office. She was amazed at how it looked. There were paintings, trophy’s, art pieces and plagues
on the walls. There were even pictures of Nora with some friends of her. She walks over and sits down in a high back leather chair. She watches as Kelly sits down in the chair next to her.

“So, what would you like to do today, Melody?” Nora wanted to let Melody do whatever she wanted to do.

“C-Could we go to the movies, p-please?” Melody hasn’t been to the movies in years.

She had one john that took her to the movies. He made her suck him while they were there. She doesn’t remember the movie, but she liked going.

“Sure, is there a movie you would like to see?” Nora brings up a list of movies on her computer.

“I-It has a y-young boy in it with a bunch of s-skeletons and he plays a g-guitar.” Melody saw a commercial for the movie.

“Okay, but before we go Melody. I’ve would like for you to read something for me, please.” Nora had seen the books she found in Melody’s closet and most of them were picture books.

Melody looks at Nora. She had a sad look on her face.

“I-I c-can’t read very w-well. E-Everything is b-blurry to m-me.” Melody knew she could only make out shapes and certain colors.

“Before we go to the movies Melody, why don’t we have your eyes checked first. Okay?”

“O-okay.” Melody has never been to the eye doctor before.

Nora shuts her computer down and they head off to see the eye doctor. The eye doctor Nora takes Melody too gives her all sorts of the eye test. What they find out, startles Nora. The eye doctor informs her that Melody is color blind and has astigmatism. Melody couldn’t see things that are red and green.

Nora looks towards Melody as she walked around with Kelly looking at the different frames while waiting for her. She wonders what else Melody has that her poor excuse of a father didn’t take care of. She walks over towards Melody.

“So, did you find any you like?” Nora stands behind Kelly and Melody.

“Y-Yes m-ma’am. I-I w-would like t-these.” Melody shows the pair her and Kelly had found that she liked.

“They are lovely a gold pair that would look great on her. Why don’t you pick out a second pair as well?” A smile forms on Nora’s face.

“Okay.” Melody goes over to a pair she had turned down for the pair they had chosen.

Once Melody picks her second pair. They head towards the movie theater and watch the movie, Coco. Afterward, they stop at a nice Italian
restaurant for lunch. They let Melody pick out whatever she wanted to try. They get an extra-large pizza to take home for dinner.

By the time they get home. Ginger was home and was relaxing.

“How was school today?”

“It was fine. We had a substitute teacher for my government class. Everyone still can’t get over that Mr. Talbot walked out and quit after you
confronted him, mom.” Ginger couldn’t believe Mr. Talbot would be so stupid to do what he did with a parent observing him.

“Well, hopefully, your class won’t have a substitute teacher for long.” Nora hopes she’ll be able to pass the test.

Kelly could see the concern on Nora’s face “you’ll be able to pass it.”

She walks over and gives Nora a hug. She holds her close to her body. Kelly knows Nora has never fallen at anything she did and has faith in her.

“Thanks.” Nora places a kiss on Kelly’s cheek.

Ginger and Melody spend some time together for the rest of the night, while Nora studies the prep material for the test she needs to take. Kelly reheats the pizza they brought home for dinner for everyone.

up
213 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Melody

Is going to find how it feels to be loved.