Never Anger a Cat and Two Wolves Part 17

Printer-friendly version

Detective Spokes was getting nowhere with their suspect and was running out of time. They needed to find Sara Garcia before she needed to take her next insulin shoot. He looks at the man before him that was responsible for kidnapping her. He and his partner have been trying to get him to tell them where she was being kept, but he wouldn’t tell him. He didn’t care if the girl lived or died.

They were getting down to the wire. Detective Spokes leaves their perp in the interrogation room and heads towards Captain Basset’s office. He knocks before he goes in.

Captain Basset looks up at his Detective “any luck Spokes?”

“No sir. He’s not talking, and we tried everything. Short of beating the location out of him, he won’t talk and tell us where he hid Sara and she doesn’t have much longer before she needs her insulin shot.” Detective Spokes was concerned about the girl.

Her parents were nice church going people. They worked hard and had a business in downtown. If they didn’t find Sara, the guy would win, and she would be his fourth victim.

Captain Basset looks at Spokes and could see the concern on his face. He agreed that they were running out of time. He sighs as he picks his phone up.

“You better leave Spokes.” Captain Basset knew he had no choice, but to bring Julia and Sphinx in to get the answers he needed.

“Understood, Captain.” Spokes turn around and walk out of his Captain’s office.

Captain Basset dials Julia’s cellphone number.

Bounty resident’s
Haylee was learning how to play chess from Alyona. The family found out that Alyona was an excellent chess player. She had beaten Cheshire three out of four times they had played. Cheshire wasn’t an easy person to beat in chess. She was considered an Expert in the chess world. Well, her other identity was considered an expert in chess. However, once she showed Alyona and played a few games with her. She picked up on the game fast. Cheshire makes a mental note to tell Jack when he comes back from the Netherlands.

He had made a Skype call last night on the big screen in the living room and spoke to everyone. Both him and Debbie missed everyone, including the twins and said they were going to be another week. There were a few matters that he had to take care of. He said he would speak with Julia about her plans to adopt Haylee as hers and Christmas daughter.

He informs them that Alyona, Silvia and Krisha immigration status have been taken care of. Their new id cards should be arriving within a few days by Federal Express. Also, there should be a few gifts arriving as well for everyone at the same time. He informs Selina that a cargo container will be arriving and to put it in the other barn, till he gets back.

Julia was checking on Sphinx’s wound when her cell phone starts ringing. She checks the number and notices it was her Captain calling her.

“Good afternoon Captain Basset, what can I do for you?” Julia was surprised that her Captain called.

The last time they spoke was when she called him about Haylee. That was only five days ago.

“Julia, I have a favor to ask of you and this goes against procedures.” Captain Basset didn’t like stepping outside the law, but they had to find this girl.

“Does this have something to do with Sara Garcia, Captain?” Julia figures that this was the only reason Captain Basset would break rules.

“Yes, it does. The suspect we arrested is responsible for Sara Garcia kidnapping isn’t talking and we only have a short time to find her.
Can you bring one of your younger wolves down to the police station and extract the location from him?” Captain Basset figures they could easily say that the young wolf wasn’t completely trained and had stumbled into the interrogation room.

“You want me to come in with one of the wolves and extract the information from your suspect? Are you sure you want to go down this path,

Captain? This is a slippery slope.” Julia knew her Captain normally, didn’t do things like this.

“I know Julia, but we have no other choice. She’s diabetic and time is running out.”

“Alright Captain, I’ll bring Terror with me. He is a little hard headed and is just like his sire.” Julia knew Terror was going to grow up and be just like Chaos.

She knew her father has already started cloning Chaos. They were going to have three of them. Plus, Sphinx and Cadmus were going to be a clone as well. Their father had agreed to have them cloned. He knew how much she and Gina loved their wolves.

“Thanks, Julia.” Captain Basset was relieved when Julia agreed to this favor.

“I’ll see you in twenty minutes, Captain.” Julia ends the call.

She limps upstairs to change her shirt. She was wearing her favorite lounge around the house shirt and no bra. She changes and heads back downstairs to find Terror. Sphinx was upstairs in her and Christmas room sleeping on her their bed. Cadmus was downstairs laying at Gina’s feet in the den with her and Arnold. The twins were playing with Miscreant. Manes was laying by Alyona’s feet while she and Haylee played chess. Silva was reading a book and listening to her iPhone. Tizzy and her boyfriend went out to see a movie. Cheshire was watching Alyona and Haylee and helping Alyona explain the moves and pieces.

“Terror, come here boy.” Julia whistles for him.

“He’s outside Julia.” Christmas comes out of the kitchen and notices that Julia had changed her top.

Julia looks over towards her wife and notices she had a pudding cup in her hands. Julia just smiles at her.

“Thanks. Oh, I need for you to give me a lift down to the station. My captain needs to ask me a few questions.” Julia didn’t want to tell Christmas the real truth.

“Okay. So, why are you taking Terror with you then?” Christmas was wondering why her wife was taking Terror, instead of Sphinx.

“I wanted to introduce him to the captain. Until Sphinx is healed completely, I figure I’ll use Terror.” Julia grabs her jean jacket from the closet.

Christmas grabs her Jacket and the two of them head towards Julia patrol car. Julia whistles for Terror. He comes running around the corner of the house and hops into the SUV.

Christmas drives Julia to the police station and parks the SUV. After Christmas parks the SUV, Julia turns to face Christmas.

“I sort of lied to you Christmas. The reason we are here is my Captain needs me to use Terror to make a suspect talk. It’s about the guy who kidnapped Sara Garcia. He won’t give-up where she is and the Detective working the case is running out of time. They need to find her soon or she’ll die.” Julia didn’t like lying to her wife.

“Are you sure that this is the only choice?” Christmas was a little upset that Julia would lie to her, but then again, she could understand as well.

“Yes. I asked the Captain the same thing before I agreed to this.” Julia knew she would have done it if she had taken the case.
Christmas looks Julia in the eyes “do what you have to do sweetie.”

“Thanks.” Julia kisses her lips before they head inside the police station.

Inside Police Station (Interrogation Room):
Mitch Anderson had a smile on his face. He knew the girl would die unless they dropped the charges against him. If they didn’t then he would just let the girl die like the other three girls had. It didn’t matter, he would give them the wrong location after they dropped the charges against him.

He looks up when a young woman that looked like Charisma Carpenter twin comes walking into the interrogation room. She had a worn looking fleece-lined jean jacket, a baby blue blouse underneath, brown leather boots and was wearing blue jeans. He notices that she was using a cane to walk.

Walking beside her was a mean looking dog. The thing stood a little past her knees. Once she was inside the room, she shuts the door behind her.

A smile appears on his face as he looks towards the woman “are you supposed to make me talk?”

Julia just smirks “nope, I know you won’t talk to me, but I’m willing to bet that you will sing like a songbird for my wolf.”

“You won’t let it hurt me, you’re a cop.” Mitch knew she was bluffing.

“You’re right, I am a police officer. However, my father is a top-notch government assassin and he taught me everything he knows and told me
creeps like you don’t deserve to live. So, I’m going to follow his advice.” An evil smile appears on Julia’s face.

“You can’t do this.” Mitch was getting nervous now.

Julia doesn’t even respond to him “Ionsaí!”

Terror leaps straight for him. His jaw locks around Mitch’s arm when he goes to protect himself. Terror sinks his teeth into the guy's flesh and shakes his head.

Mitch starts screaming as he feels the wolfs teeth sink into his arm to the bone. He tries to shake the wolf off, but the wolf had a good grip on his arm.

“Now, are you going to tell us where the girl is, or should I have him go for something more personal?” Julia leans forwards when she says this to him.

“I’ll talk, I’ll talk, just get this damn dog off me.” Mitch looks into the eyes of the wolf.

“SÚil!” Terror releases and goes over to Julia.

Detective Spokes comes in and stands next to Julia. He was ready to send people to the location.

“Oh, one more thing. If you decide to lie to us. I have six other wolves that will enjoy having you for dinner.” Julia wasn’t joking.

She’ll take him back to her father’s place and give him the same chances her father gave some of his enemies. She would love to see this scum survive five wolves coming for him and two Ligers.

Mitch looks at Julia and then at the wolf sitting next to her. “She’s at 1305 Monty Rhodes Road. She’s down in the basement.”

“Thanks, Julia.” Detective Spokes runs out of the interrogation room.

Two uniforms come walking in “take him to the cells and bandage up his arm.”

“Yes, ma’am.” As they go to get the first aid kit.

Julia and Terror walk out of the room and towards her Captain office.

up
211 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Getting the point

Jamie Lee's picture

Mitch thought he was being slick by withholding Sara's location. But he never counted on the canines of an animal who just followed its masters' commands. He also didn'T figure in the chance he might not live much longer had he not given the address. Not that he would be missed.

Others have feelings too.

Mitch isn't very bright. For

Brooke Erickson's picture

Mitch isn't very bright. For one, any deal regarding revealing the girl's location would be contingent on it being correct. That is, the deal doesn't take effect until they actually find her.

Also, the police can legally *lie* to him about the deal. Which is why smarter crooks want deals in writing and signed off on by the DA.

Finally, if they have enough to charge him, and she dies because he wouldn't tell them where she is, that raises the stakes to premeditated murder.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks