Never Anger a Cat and Two Wolves Part 18 Final Chapter

Printer-friendly version

Julia and Christmas were talking with the family lawyer about adopting Haylee as their daughter. They had spoken about it. Julia had made her case about how she had saved Haylee once. She had hoped she would have been safe. As it turned out, she ended up losing a sister and almost losing her own life. The only place she could be safe was to be their daughter and live with them.

Even though Haylee’s father was dead. There still was the possibility something bad could happen to her and she wasn’t comfortable with that. She didn’t want to see Haylee suffer anymore. So, they met with child protected services and informed them that they were going to adopt Haylee. The Bounty family would handle the funeral for Haylee’s sister.

After Julia and Christmas meet with the lawyer. They take Haylee shopping and let her choose how she wanted her bedroom. While they are shopping, they take Haylee to the beauty salon. All day long and late into the evening. By the time they get back home. Haylee is worn out and looking like a princess. Julia ends up tucking her into bed as she heads towards hers and Christmas bedroom.

As she is laying in bed, the next morning. Her cell phone starts ringing. She picks it up and looks at the number.

It was Captain Basset calling her “hello Captain Basset. Please tell me you don’t need for me to come in and interrogate another person.”

“Actually, Julia. I’m sending you to the LAPD training facilities. They need an experience K9 trainer to train a new trainer. The Police Commissioner of California police force heard about you and Sphinx. He called our Police Commissioner and requested you and Sphinx. I told him you were out on medical leave. However, do you think you are up to training some K9’s?” Captain Basset had already agreed to send Julia but wanted to make sure she would take the assignment.

“I can handle the K9 training, Captain.” Julia knew she could handle instructing the new trainer.

“Good, because you leave in two days. I know your family has their own private jet and Sphinx would feel better flying with you, then being in an animal carrier.”

“True, Captain. Sphinx travels better in familiar territory, then an unfamiliar territory, but I’m also planning on taking Terror with me as well. He’s a younger wolf and they can see the difference between how Sphinx responds to problems and how Terror responds to problems.” Julia figures taking a younger wolf and an older wolf, like Sphinx. The K9 trainers for LAPD could see how each wolf worked.

“Well, call me back later today, and I’ll give you the details of where you will be staying.” Captain Basset would call the California Police Commissioner inform him that she was coming.

“Before you plan anything, Captain. Let me check with my father and see if we have an apartment or house in LA.” Julia knew her father had safe houses and vacation houses.

“Alright, call me when you find out.”

“I will Captain. Have a nice day.” Julia disconnects and gets up out of bed.

Her leg was doing better, but she still wasn’t up to 100% yet. However, she could still train or instruct others in how she did things. Her father wasn’t due home for a few more days. Julia locates her father’s number and switches her cell phone to secure mode. She dials her father’s number.

The Netherlands (Tuesday Afternoon):
Jack and Debbie were out taking a stroll enjoying each other’s company. Jack missed the Netherlands and would love to come back here to live. He missed the culture and the people. He had shown Debbie his favorites places. He introduced her to some of the people he uses to associate with. The man he had come to bury, had saved his life.

As they are walking, his cell phone starts ringing. He pulls his cell phone out and notices it was his daughter Julia calling him.

He answers it “hey sweetie, what’s up?”

“Hi, daddy. How are you and mom doing?” Julia couldn’t wait till they get back.

“Is everything okay, sweetheart?” Jack was wondering if something had happened at the house.

“Everything is okay, daddy. There is something you should know if Aunt Cheshire hasn’t told you yet. You and mom are grandparents now. Christmas and I adopted a girl I thought was safe but ended up losing her younger sister. Her name is Haylee daddy. I don’t know if I told you or not, but due to recent events. Her step-father killed her younger sister and tried to kill her. She managed to get a hold of the gun and killed her step-father. She has no other family that is trustworthy and I wasn’t going to put her back into social services again. So, Christmas and I adopted her. However, that isn’t why I called you daddy. Captain Basset called me and said he got a request from the Police Commissioner of California to come out and train one of their K9 people. He heard about me and Sphinx and the work we have been doing. So, I was calling to see if you had a place in Los Angeles.” Julia figures her father would.

Jack had listened to his daughter on speaker phone and so Debbie could hear what they were talking about.

“I don’t, but your Aunt Cheshire does. She has a 3-bedroom apartment, in Los Angeles that she uses when she flies over from Hawaii. She sometimes gives lectures at UCLA and stays there when she is in California. You might want to talk with her.” Jack has used the place a few times when he was in LA.

“I’ll talk with Aunt Cheshire and ask her if I can use it while I’m in LA.” Julia knew her aunt wouldn’t mind.

“Is Christmas and your daughter going with you?” Jack wouldn’t mind meeting his new granddaughter.

“No, sir. Christmas won’t have any vacation time until this summer. Your granddaughter will start school next week. Gina and Arnold are going to get her into shape while I’m gone, and Christmas is working with her at night to catch her up.” Julia has been working with Haylee to help her recover.

“Okay, Sphinx should be okay to take with you, but don’t push him too hard.” Jack knew Sphinx was still healing.

“Actually dad, I was going to take Terror with me as well.” Julia knew that would make her father happy.

“Is the police department going to have a car waiting for you?” Jack wanted to know if he should have one waiting for her.

“I don’t know yet. I asked my Captain not to make any arrangements till I spoke with you.”

“Well, find out if they have a car waiting for you and if they don’t. Call Sara Wolff and have her bring a car to you at the airfield.” Jack had rescued Sara from a gang.

“You mean Zigzag, dad?” Julia remembered meeting her once.

They had gone to California for vacation. She had only seen her from a distance.

“Yes, I mean Zigzag. She works at a storage place and takes care of things for me and your aunt.” Jack didn’t tell his daughter that the business was owned by him.

“Thanks, dad. I can’t wait for you and mom to come home. The twins are missing their mother.” Julia knew the twins love and miss their father and mother.

“Well, you’ll be home in two days. I know you won’t be home, but I’ll call to let you know I’m fine and to talk with Haylee.” Julia wanted to stay in touch with Haylee and Christmas.

“Tell everyone we love them, and we’ll see them in two days. Love you, sweetie.” Jack ends the call.

Julia heads downstairs to speak with Cheshire and afterward call her Captain back. When Christmas gets home. She and Christmas sit down and talk about her new assignment.

up
225 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

"Final Chapter"

WillowD's picture

I used to dread the words "Final Chapter" in a title until I realized that this frequently did not mean the end of the story, just that the name of the story was changing. We still got to see what happens next.

You do write a lot of good stories.

It doesn't look....

NoraAdrienne's picture

It doesn't look like the end to me.. It looks like the start of an all new adventure as she flies off to LaLa Land with her wolves.

A set up or legit?

Jamie Lee's picture

Wonder if the assignment is legit or if Julia is being set up for a fall of some kind.

Or if someone will take exception by being taught by a woman who knows more then they do.

Others have feelings too.

Well things in the Bounty Family

Samantha Heart's picture

Shure are dynamic i can wait to see what happens next.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.