Cuts Two, 0 - Prelude

Printer-friendly version


Cuts two


- Fast -

“You know, he’s kinda cute when he’s not blundering about putting your life in danger.”

~~~~~

{This is a teaser, to see if I can get back into the swing of things, might get the first proper chapter out soon, might end up with the same sort of schedule The First Cut had.}

~~~~~

What the hell is wrong with him… “Hey, chopshop, you ever been tested by the head docs?”

“Well yeah, can’t be me without them digging into what ‘triggered’ the most recent batch of stupidity.”

“No, I mean tested, gone through the checks to see if you’re the sort that might benefit from the Special School, you know autism and the ilk.”

….

“Why, that’d just make things worse for me...” Just what have they been telling him when they ship him about?

“Dude it helps, you have no idea how much stuff you can get help with once you’ve got the papers confirming it, extra consideration on your weirdness and shizz.”

“What does it matter to you anyway?”

“Because we’ve got to live together and I would much rather you not be all weird and inappropriate without a reason.”

…. Well that shocked him a bit.

….

“…. Weird?”

“Well, weirdly inappropriate, like no one comes out like you just did dude, and that custerfuck of trying to work me out… seriously man, it’s like you ignored the entire chapter on social etiqu…

...being kicked between homes like you’ve been probably didn’t help much with that did it.”

Probably shouldn’t have just called him out like that… way to go Knife, that’s a good start for your fresh start.

….

“… So there’s something else wrong with me? Greaaaaat. Way to help my mood.”

“Dude chill out, I mean there might be a reason for you being weird, not wrong, just a little different than the quote-unquote ‘base norms’. Nothing wrong with being different, it’s just… different.”

“it’s not normal though.”

“No, no one is, literally no person alive or dead can be truthfully and or accurately called normal. Saying something isn’t normal is just cockwombles trying to make other people feel small. What you’ve gotta do is live in defiance of that sorta prick, not let them define who you are and how you live.”

….

Okay, that smirk is the same as before, here comes another terrible joke…

….

“… So why should I live like you want me to?”

“… Well played. I’m not saying anything like that, just that it might make things easier if you know what is different about you, if it’s just you’re underdeveloped socially or an actual nameable condition.”

“Are you going to be like this all the time, or are you making a special effort to be irritating today?”

“Like what? Giving a shit? Yep, you aren’t going to get rid of me, I care about what happens to you.”

“Even with all your shit to deal with?”

“Well yeah, you ain’t heavy, you’re my brother.”

~~~~~

 

 

 

up
71 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Cynical kid

Jamie Lee's picture

Getting thrown from one foster home to the next has really caused him to become extremely cynical. And with his current foster family wanting him in their home, he can only scoff. Then thrown in Knife and he really is cynical about being left in that home.

Others have feelings too.