The Blue Whale Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

*****

Here is Mr. Jack Eaton, an eighteen year old male traveling on US 1 to Portland to attend a Cosplay Convention. Unfortunately for Mr. Eaton, he is inattentive to what is happening around him - a grave error that will have fatal consequences for an eighteen year old male...

Due to his inattentiveness, Mr. Eaton has missed several important signposts on his ill fated journey. As a result, Mr. Eaton passed his planned destination One - Hundred Fifty Miles back. He is about to pass the last signpost before he enters a small coastal village founded in the late 17th Century. A place off the beaten path where it is rumored Leviathans, Vampires, Witches, Warlocks, Werewolves, Pirates, Ghosts, man-made monsters without souls and Unholy pictures exist.

At the beginning of your travels with Mr. Eaton, you will enter another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A place where the only colors are black, white, and shades of grey. A small coastal village where the days are short, the nights are long and the shadows are dark.

That's the last signpost up ahead - your next stop, ...

up
128 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

No prize for me!!!

Although I am submitting this serial as part of the latest contest, I won't be eligible for any of the prizes because I am posting this as a serial and will be unable to maintain the rating standard unless the readers (and male characters) close their eyes and hold their hands over their ears during the "juicier" parts.

If those are your intentions,

and you've admitted yourself you have/had no intention of abiding by the contest rules, would you mind terribly removing the tag from your story? I'm sure it will be a great read, but if it decidedly chooses not to follow anything about the contest beyond the fairy tale-esque theming, which the contest is hardly necessary for, then the tag is inappropriate for it :)

Melanie E.

Tag Removed

Piper's picture

-- Contest Tag Removed By Admin (Me) --

-Piper


"She was like a butterfly, full of color and vibrancy when she chose to open her wings, yet hardly visible when she closed them."
— Geraldine Brooks


interesting set up

My5InchFMHeels's picture

It'll be fun to see where it leads.

All told by a skinny guy in a

All told by a skinny guy in a skinny black suit with a skinny black tie.

What a contrast...

LOL your title made me think of "The Blue Whale". Then the theremin music started.

Good start on a store toward the dark side.

Re:"What a contrast..."

The title of this serial (The Blue Whale) is the name of a popular tavern located in the fictional village of Collinsport, Maine. The gothic soap opera Dark Shadows was set in Collinsport.

I enjoyed looking at the link you provided. Living in Southern California, I have always enjoyed "Googie Architecture"!

My favorate example of "Googie [or "Novelty"] Architecture" is "The Donut Hole" in La Puente, California. "The Donut Hole" appeared in two movies:

Moving Violations (1985)

Dragnet (Dan Akroyd & Tom Hanks - 1987)

When I was growing up, my family went to "The Donut Hole" frequently. You can find pictures of it by using Google - Google "the Donut Hole La Puente".