Hand in hand

Printer-friendly version

A mother is walking hand in hand with a little boy in a clothing store. The store had a wide arrange of clothes with men’s section being drab and boring and the woman’s section being colorful and bright.

The little boy, who seems a bit melancholy, sighs as they head towards the men’s section. He knew what awaits him.

The mother drags him to the pants and began picking some out and reading the tags. She hands the boy several pairs and tells him to try them on.

The little boy reluctantly goes to a changing room and throws off his drab and dreary pant, and throws on pants that were too loose in the waist and butt.

He slugs out to his mother, who inspects him to say, “Hmm, they seem a bit big. Meh, nothing a belt won’t fix. Change back.” The boy did as he is commanded and quickly changed back.

The mother takes the pants and pairs it in different dull colors with them as they head into the women’s section. The boy became less melancholy as he realized he was in the section.

The section full of color and fashion, the boy’s heart skips a beat when he sees a cute dress. He bites his lip instead keeping his excitement.

The mother lets go of her son’s hand to examine the clothes. The little boy pitter patters to the same dress from before. He takes the dress and looks at it closer.

The dress was soft and silky; the floral design eloquently flowed down the fabric with a mix of yellow, red, and orange with a pink draping the background.

The boy’s heart races as he thinks of sneaking into a changing room and trying it on. He gulps and slowly made his way to the changing room.

He stands for the moment as his anxiety increases as his thoughts run wild with bad ideas and conclusions.

The boy takes a deep breath and investigates the changing room hallway. It was empty. All the doors in it were open.

The boy takes another breath and sneaks into a changing room. He quickly throws off his boring clothes and embraces the beautiful dress.

When he looks into the mirror, he doesn’t see the scared little boy that was there before. He sees a little girl with short mousy brown hair.

The boy began twirling and giggling at his appearance. His smile was so big and bright that it shatters the melancholy from before and brings a moment of euphoria.

That euphoria is short-lived when he hears a knock.

“Henry?” says a warm familiar voice. It was his mother. Henry scrambles to try and put his guy clothes back on. “Don’t change, Henry. Come out as you are.”

Henry stops and takes a deep breath. From the sound of his mother’s voice, he wasn’t in trouble. Henry sighs with relief.

The butterflies swirl in his stomach as he slowly opens the door to see his mother. Her face turns to shock and the silence between the two lasted for a moment.

Henry gulps, “Mommy um,” he thought for a moment as his emotions start to take over, “C-can I um be a girl?” a single tear flows down Henry’s cheek.

His mother gave him the warmest smile that Henry has ever seen, “Sure, honey.” The tears of joy began to release from Henry as he grabs his mother for a loving hug. The little girl sobs for what felt like hours to them. Eventually, she calms down, the mother looks at her little girl, “Well, you won’t be needing those anymore.” She points to the drab and dull clothing that lay haphazardly in the changing room. The little girl smiles at her mother, “Also... What’s your name?”

“Hailey!” The little girl bubbling in response.

“Yes, Hailey. Keep that dress, it looks adorable on you.” She puts her hands together, “Now let’s get you a new wardrobe.”

The mother and little girl walk hand in hand out of the store with bags and hearts full.

~o~O~o~

Hello everyone! I haven't posted in a while. I thought I would post some of my short stuff I created through out the past few months. Hope you enjoy :3

up
148 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This

Is the future I hope for. When trans kids can just come out and everyone's like "oh okay, what can I do to help?"

Not... the disowning, and torture, and conversion camps, and exorcisms and other horrible things that happened to these poor kids (and some myself)

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D