My UEI (Unknown Entity Intervention) Chapter 27

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 27 Sophia's POV

I stayed buried in Laura's chest crying until I could regain control of myself and my emotions, then I pulled back a little and looked up at her. The fact that I was so short really enhanced my feeling of being a child.

“This house has been checked for listening devices and we never allow anyone to wander around unaccompanied, so we should be safe to talk. Maria may come in and if it makes you more comfortable we can go back to my bedroom where we are unlikely to be disturbed or we can stop our conversation if anyone seeks us out. Gem or Lisa may need me for something wedding related, but Eve is with Danica. What would you like to do?”

I felt really comfortable just where I was and we would be able to hear anyone approaching. “Here is fine.” I murmured.

“I've read your mother's diary and Gem has filled in some of the blanks. There are two main things that concern me and that is the MIB and somehow telling Eve. Before we do that I was hoping that you could tell me what you think happened. You have had a while to think about it, obviously you have lived it and you are a sensible girl, so I imagine you have come up with a story of how you think everything occurred and a theory as to why. I know you can't prove anything, but I love a good story, maybe we can turn it into a book or a film, wouldn't that be cool.”

Laura was smiling at me now and I could feel no pressure, just calm acceptance. I'm fairly sure the last bit was a joke. At the same time I wouldn't put it past her and it would be one hell of a way to tell Eve. I couldn't see any harm in telling her my theories. “Alright, envisage this scene, we are driving down this winding mountain road with a steep drop off on one side. The driver hits an invisible space ship at an angle that causes the bus to go over the edge. The bus tumbles down the side, hitting trees and bushes leaving a trail of debris. The people inside are screaming in fear, they know there is nothing they can do, they are all going to die.” I had to swallow a few times. Talking about it brought back memories.

When I was ready I continued. “The next thing you know you are waking up on the side of the road in a pristine undamaged bus four hours later, but if the camera pans back to the area where everyone thought the bus had gone over the edge, although the railing in undamaged, beneath it the damage to trees and general vegetation is still present. The aliens, having caused the accident decided to undo the damage that they had caused, however for two people life would never be the same.” I paused to gather myself. “As you can imagine I have thought about this a lot. Why was Richard and I swapped? One option was that it was purely accidental. We weren't sitting next to each other but, if you like, we were in the same column and one row apart. I have no idea how they could put us back together so I don't know if an accident like that is possible so it remains an option. Another possibility is that they thought they were doing a kindness.” I shifted a bit, uncomfortable with what I was going to talk about, but there was no one else I would trust more than Laura, even Gem. Gem may care for me. Laura loved me. I don't know how I knew that, but I did. Laura squeezed me, as if sensing that I was about to talk about something I found difficult.

“Richard was without a doubt a guy. Regardless of what his physical body showed, he was a man. Young, immature, maybe arrogant, which, if circumstances had turned out different, he may have grown out of, but definitely a man. So swapping with a male body was a dream come true for him. I, on the other hand, are not so easy to categorise. I had not grown up ever thinking that I wanted to be female and physically I was fortunate enough to be large and strong. That meant I could be kind and gentle and no one would criticise me. I was never bullied and my masculinity was never questioned. Looking back on it now, I note that I was much more caring than other guys. Less competitive than my peers and hated when they talked down about women. I put that down to being brought up with more women in the house than men. I have always seen the female form as beautiful and the male as distasteful. Originally, I just thought that was a normal feeling for a heterosexual male. Now I am wondering if my mind has always been more female than male. Logically, men shouldn't look at their bodies with distaste or see it as ugly, just because it is male. Add on top of that, the fact that I became stressed and almost depressed with the idea of changing this female body into a male semblance and I come up with the conclusion that if they were going to swap bodies, me and Richard theoretically would be doing us both a kindness.” I looked carefully at Laura's face to see if there was any negative reaction. I sort of felt like society was telling me I should be ashamed of my thoughts. Laura carried on smiling at me with no hint of disapproval.

“That is a fantastic story. I don't think we need to go into the dark aspects that happened after. I also think it is wonderful that you are more female than male. You realise that you have now given me more ammunition to encourage you to be more girly.” She then tickled me under my chin and I giggled. I didn't mean to, it just spontaneously erupted. I seem to have much less control over what sounds I make. Then her expression darkened. “Telling Eve is going to be tricky. She doesn't believe in much of anything. If we don't handle it right, it could damage your relationship with her and we need to do something to protect you from any governmental agency.

“I have come up with a couple of ideas. I don't think we can directly influence any MIB type agency, so the best we can do is keep you in the public eye. Now this is partly because I think it would make you safer and Gem has agreed and partly because I want to. Would you be willing for me to adopt you?” Laura asked me.

I looked at Laura in surprise. I had no idea that would be what she would come up with. I could see a worry of rejection there so I hurried to respond. “That would be amazing. Are you sure? I mean we have only known each other for a few days and I think maybe I am already feeling that I love you a little bit. Err...I don't mean little, I mean it is just starting and ...”

“Slow down.” Laura said laughing. “I will take that as a yes. I have already contacted my lawyers to help Gem gain legal guardianship. Once that is completed, then I will formally adopt you. We will do it as soon as we can and then have a party to celebrate, sometime after the wedding. You need to realise that this will really put you in the limelight. Eve can get away with jeans and a T-shirt, you and me will always need to be dressed fashionably, makeup on, looking fabulous. You never know when someone will be taking a photo. You have to presume that you are always visible.”

“I don't know how to do any of that stuff. I am still learning how to put on a bra.”

“The fashion side of things, you either are fortunate enough to have a good sense of style or you fake it by getting the help of those who do. I can help you with that and we will hire fashionistas to help us when we go shopping. Your English accent is adorable, but you will need to learn how to walk more lady like and if not how to apply makeup, at least how to repair it. School is not too bad, since you are only expected to use a minimum amount. Would you like some lessons?” Laura asked me.

“Please. I wouldn't want to embarrass you.”

“Darling, with me, I just want you to be yourself. I don't really care what you do or get caught doing. It's just that if you get enough people telling you bad things about yourself, there is a chance it will damage your self esteem and I don't want that. The world is hypercritical of celebrities and that is what you will be by association. Now, on to the more difficult question. How do we tell Eve? I have thought long and hard about it. I have only really come up with one idea that I think may work.”

“That would be great. Then everyone I care about will know the truth.” I said.

“Hold on, tiger. I don't think it is going to be that easy. My idea is we watch a movie on movie night that contains a similar story. There are a few available. Freaky Friday, where a mother and daughter swap places or a more recent comedy where a boy and a girl swap places by text message. At the end of it you and me will work out a script. We may have to ad lib it a bit as we don't know what Gem or Eve will say, but in it, you say that the same thing happened to you. Not details, just something like after the bus trip your male soul was swapped with a female one. I could come up with something weird that happened to me and you can talk about the bus trip, maybe Gem can come up with something weird that happened to her. If Eve acts positively we can then tell her the full truth. If she dismisses it all, at least we have told her, even if she thinks we are joking. That way I don't think anyone is going to get too upset. It will just be four girls chatting and sharing.”

“Sounds like a plan.” I replied. I think Eve will ignore it. Laura and I will feel we have tried to tell her, so hopefully, I will stop feeling guilty that I haven't been completely honest with her.

up
148 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good Plan

terrynaut's picture

I've done the same with people about the subject of being transgender. I talk about a transgender movie or famous person and see how they react. If they react unfavorably, then I keep my mouth shut about myself. If they react very, very favorably, then I tell them about my true self. It's worked well for me in the past.

Good luck, Soph!

I really like Eve so I hope it all goes well. I guess we shall see.

Oh. If it doesn't go well, I'd think that would put a strain on the marriage. That wouldn't be good. Laura and Eve seem to be a very loving couple. I'd hate to see them break up. Soph would also hate to see it, I think. She'd most likely feel guilty if they broke up. *sigh*

Thanks and kudos (number 12).

- Terry

No pressure, LOL

"you and me will always need to be dressed fashionably, makeup on, looking fabulous. You never know when someone will be taking a photo. You have to presume that you are always visible.”

“I don't know how to do any of that stuff. I am still learning how to put on a bra.”