My UEI (Unknown Entity Intervention) Chapter 30

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 30

We ate in companionable silence for a while. Chelle looked in much better spirits.

“So....why is a pretty new girl not surrounded by admirers?” Chelle asked.

“Pretty?” I said with a smile. Chelle smiled back and blushed. “I think the whole school already knows that I am not from rich parents. That alone is likely to keep most away. I think most of the jocks have been asked to keep their distance.”

“Why would they do that?”

Now it was my turn to look down, embarrassed. “I have some anxiety issues around men.” I said a bit quieter. She reached across and stroked my hand which caused me to look up into her beautiful green eyes. She was smiling at me reassuringly. “Let's talk about something else. Tell me a bit about yourself.” I asked.

“OK. I'm a senior, I used to be the captain of the volleyball team, don't ask.” She emphasised both the 'used' and the 'don't'. “My passion in life is music. I love listening and I play the guitar and sing a bit. What else could I tell you? My mother was a French model and my father is an entrepreneur.” She replied. “What about you?”

“I am a sophomore. I like music and enjoy singing. I tried to get into Basic piano, but the schedule didn't work. I am staying with my Aunt and it is better if I don't talk about my parents at the moment. Do you have a favourite singer? What do you think of Eve?” I thought if she was a lesbian and into music it was a safe bet that she would like Eve.

“She is amazing though she hasn't done much new material recently. I heard a rumour that she visited the school.”

“She does live locally.” I commented. There was a big clock in the cafeteria and I knew our time was coming to a close. “I have had fun. Is it OK if I sit with you again tomorrow?”

“I would like that. I will see you shortly in gym.” Then she stood up. I think because she had hunched in on herself I couldn't tell that she was nearly six feet tall.

“Wow. What are you, an Amazon?” I said with appreciative glances.

She just smiled at me and walked away. Either she normally walks with a sexy bum wiggle or, knowing that I was probably watching, put a little extra in there for me. It took an effort of will to tear my eyes away. I may have even blushed, thinking that others had noticed my gaze.

Next was my Spanish class. It was a beginners class, but that was at the start of the year. The class itself was incomprehensible, all it really showed me was how behind I was and how much I had to learn to catch up. A bit daunting.

My last class was gym. I was extremely apprehensive heading for the girls changing rooms for gym. I had never been in a girls changing room, I knew almost no one and I had announced to the school, even if quietly, that I was a lesbian. I wanted to change away from everyone, where I couldn't look at anyone. There were, unfortunately, no hiding places, so I got changed as quickly as I could whilst trying not to look anywhere. Then I headed out onto the main gym area. I did hear some whispering and it may have been about me or somebody else. When you are trying your hardest to not catch anybodies eyes or even bodies it is hard to tell the direction of some whispers. I could be paranoid and think that all the nasty ones were directed at me, at they may well have been, but I decided that if I wasn't sure they were, for my sanity, it was better to think they were directed elsewhere.

The class itself was pretty fun. The whole of the high school had gym at the same time, the last lesson of the day, but you were able to choose out of quite a few different sports. I was a bit worried about interacting with other girls so I chose the obstacle course. I kept my eye out for Chelle and saw her on the basketball court. I waved at her, but there was no way I was going to play that game at barely five feet tall. I'm not sure she recognised me without my snow white blonde hair wig.

With skiing and then personal training sessions, I was in pretty good shape and enjoyed challenging myself on the various obstacles. This body was pretty skinny and weighed so much less that I did as Dillan. That helped, but the lack of height and wingspan to my arms made some elements almost impossible. I kept persevering and had fun.

I had been worried over how my anxiety would be with all the boys around me throughout the day. In the crowded hallways, moving from class to class, everyone was rushing around, paying little attention to me. Even though there were some big lads in the mix, none of them got close to me and there were always others between us which helped for some reason. I think I still had a heightened awareness of who was where, and probably looked around for situational knowledge more than most. Nonetheless, nothing really triggered my anxiety. During lunch I managed to steer clear and during gym, the only others doing the obstacle course, which was mainly boys, but smaller, lighter boys, who, again, didn't trigger any alarms.

The showers were in stalls and I got changed and out of there as quickly as possible. I didn't really have any worries about nudity. Getting dressed in front of others didn't concern me and I wasn't worried about anyone seeing my body. However, I was worried that others would accuse me of looking at them. I also knew that since my clothes had been chosen by Laura with Daphne's help, that it was unlikely they had much to criticise. Not that some of these girls needed much. I still heard whispers.

All in all, a good day. I wasn't going to be a popular girl since my social standing as judged by Ashley was too low, which was more of a relief than a worry. I had cheered up a beautiful Amazon who might even become my friend. I had admitted that I was a lesbian, so I had nothing further to hide. I had been verbally teased, but that didn't faze me. My biggest concern was catching up in all my classes.

Agent Atworth's POV

I knocked on the directors door and entered when given permission.

“So, give me an update.”

“Relatively good news. By chance, there was a vacancy in the school staff which meant we didn't have to do much to get an agent involved. Their school counsellor had recently resigned. Dr Barn was able, with a little pressure in the right places, to get the job and has already met with our target. She said that in her professional opinion the anxiety is real, so I have asked her to investigate her backstory. We are going to need to either liaise with the British or send some agents to check out whatever she discovers.”

“Send out our agents, I don't want the British involved. Have you managed to arrange anything with General Hatwell?”

“Yes. He wants us to have more solid evidence before he can tell his daughter, so the initial plan is to gather evidence. We are hoping this can also be used to break the UE out of their cover when we do decide to collect her. A few times a year he sends a working party to sweep Eve's house for bugs. He thought he would tell her it was time for another sweep and use the opportunity to wire the place up and place lots of trackers. Her grounds are quite large so we are have quite a few teams in the local area ready for a rapid response. Already the limo has a tracker attached. After Eve has been brought on board, we should be able to station some men in her house and swap the limo driver for an agent.”

“Good, good. It seems you have things well in hand.” The director replied.

up
159 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Men In Black

WillowD's picture

It's nice to get some more details on what the MIBs are doing. I agree with Guest Reader that stuff could get nasty if Eve is kept totally out of the loop.

Looking forward to more chapters. Thanks.

uh oh they had better tell

uh oh they had better tell Eve the real story sooner rather than later.

Idiot Agents

terrynaut's picture

The agents still think Soph is an unknown entity? They planted Doctor Barn and believe Soph's anxiety is real, yet they still think she's an unknown entity. Well, I don't believe in those agents. I think they're unknown entities and they should investigate themselves. Yes, they're pushing my buttons for some reason. Sorry. I'm not sure but I think that means I like it.

I do like this story. The MIB are a bit of a distraction but stories need something to mix things up, don't they.

Thanks and kudos (number 64).

- Terry

Well in hand?

My5InchFMHeels's picture

Seems they are more out of hand, or getting there. Laura and Eve finding survelence eqipment we Jen the house is supposed to be swept could cause big problems. Probably bigger problems than Eve being kept in the dark about Soph.

A strange thought

What if Soph has a hitchhiking UE and doesn't know it? Not that I am defending the MIB. Those creeps should shrivel up and die.

Someone needs to start THINKing

Even if she is a UE, considering the abilities that the UEs have demonstrated I certainly wouldn't want them mad at ME. And a kidnapping would be sure to provoke a response, and not a pleasant one. Look and observe all you want, but don't touch!

LittleOne