Mole Hunt Chap. 11

Printer-friendly version

Mouse searched Agent Raymond’s bank account, phone records and background. She even searches all his work files on his computer, other than what he was working on. There wasn’t anything out of the ordinary. She searches every file he has access too or has access.

At first, she didn’t see anything out of the ordinary, until she dug into his phone records. That’s where she started finding evidence of Raymond’s guilt. He was making calls to several burn phones. He just made one call to a burn number.

She pings Anika and Bart’s cell phone and sends them what she has. She tries to locate Agent Raymond, but according to the sign in/out computer log he has left for the day. He signed out twenty minutes after meeting with her.

Anika and Bart received the text file from Mouse about Gavin Raymond. She also sent what she has found so far. Anika heads towards Gavin Raymond’s office and plants a few listening devices and miniature cameras. Jack told them to play this mission by the book. Which meant to gather data and evidence to bring against Gavin Raymond.

They also received the message from Elizabeth about the trouble she had this morning. Since Raymond has already left for the day. They were going to leave to handle a problem and later checkout Raymond’s place. They text Mouse that they were leaving for the day.

Terry drives by to pick-up Dakota and Hatter. He was going to take them to where Elizabeth was working. They were going to set a trap for the men coming back that afternoon.

Hatter was in a happy mood and couldn’t wait for them to arrive. She had her throwing cards ready to use and was checking her needler pistol.
She had three reloads of the knockout fletches for each gun and12 12gram CO2 cartridges for each gun.

“Are you guys ready?” Terry drives everyone over to where Elizabeth was working with her wife.

Elizabeth glances at her watch. It was getting close to the time the men were supposed to be back. Isla walks up to Elizabeth “you’re not going to give them the money, are you?”

Elizabeth turns to her “I told everyone to go home, Isla. Why didn’t you go?”

“Because I wanted to be here with you. I know your wife is.” Isla knew Sara was hiding in a safe room Elizabeth had constructed.

“I wish you hadn’t stayed Isla. There’s going to be trouble coming.” Elizabeth didn’t want to see Isla get hurt.

“Sorry.” Isla didn’t want to see Elizabeth get hurt.

Anika and Bart arrive first at the place. They had their armor and weapons on. Anika and Bart weren’t taking any chances and were heading up to meet Elizabeth. Terry arrives with Hatter and Dakota. Hatter jumps out first from the cab and rushes upstairs. Dakota and Terry follow behind her, but at a reasonable rate.

“Why is she in such a rush?” Terry hands Dakota the other P90 she brought for her.

“Because she enjoys ruining a bad guys day.” Dakota accepts it. She checks it over.

“Sounds like she is feeling better.” Terry follows Dakota up to where Elizabeth was.

He and Dakota had put on their combat vest, instead of their full body armor like Anika and Bart did. Hatter’s body armor was part of her outfit. It was going to hurt when she got shot by the bullets, but the bullets themselves wouldn’t penetrate the cloth.

“It’s about time you guys got here.” Elizabeth had a happy smile on her face.

Isla looks at the two fully armor people, then the one that was dress as the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland. Two more people come walking in, one was dress in a skintight bodysuit with a combat vest and wearing two guns in a holster on their waist. The other was dressed in a black suit as well and wearing a combat vest. He had a holster with a gun in it on his right side.

“Elizabeth, who are these people?” Isla looks at her.

“They are my friends and teammates Isla. Why do you think I told those men who showed up this morning to come back now?” There was a mischievous grin on Elizabeth’s face.

“Oh!” Isla couldn’t believe Elizabeth had a plan.

“Alright, you guys better hide. Isla, you better hide as well.” Elizabeth looks down at Isla.

Hatter just sits on a nearby table with a couple of playing cards in her hands. She was planning on being right out where the men could see
her. Besides, if they were dumb enough to threaten her friend and teammate, then they should die.

7:00 P.M.
Jindrich and three of his men show-up to collect the £ 2,000 he promised. He walks into the work area and notices someone who resembled the Mad Hatter sitting on a table playing with a deck of cards. He spots the woman he spoke to earlier. She was standing over near a table.

He walks over towards her, while the other three men spread out. He didn’t see any money or anything.

“Do you have my money?”

“Actually, I think we need to renegotiate your terms. The way I see it, you’re going to surrender to me and tell me who you are working for willingly or Hatter over there is going to use you as her target practice.” Elizabeth had a serious look on her face.

An evil smile appears on Jindrich’s face “do you actually believe I’m going to surrender to you because you have a clown with a deck of cards over there? Maybe, I should just shoot you right now and have my way with your partner.”

Just as he said those words, Hatter let loose with one of her playing cards, nicking the side on his neck. She had three more cards in her hands and was standing up on the table.

The other three guys were about to fire at Hatter when they hear “I wouldn’t do that if I was you.” Bart, Anika, Dakota, and Terry had stepped out from where they had hidden and had their weapons pointed at them.

Elizabeth had pulled her weapon and had it pointed right in the face of Jindrich’s face. An evil smile appears on her face “like I said, you can surrender to me and my friends and tell us everything we want to know, or I can let Hatter have her fun.” As another playing card zigging’s by his ear.

Hatter skips over towards Jindrich “please say you won’t talk. I really need the practice with my cards.” An evil smile appears on her face.

Jindrich looks at the painted face of the young girl that was standing next to him. He could see that she had an evil smile on her face and meant what she said.

“Ooooh, I can smell the smoke coming out of his ears.” Hatter plucks his earlobe.

Jindrich moves his head out of the way.

“I would take the ladies offer.” Anika had her Glock 41 pointed at one guy’s head.

“Hatter, go ahead and handcuff him.” Elizabeth kept her eyes on Jindrich.

“Do I have too? I want to play with him some more.” Hatter rubs the edge of one of her cards against his skin drawing blood.

“Yes Hatter, you have to and stop teasing him.” Elizabeth didn’t mind letting Hatter continue, but she wanted answers.

“You never let me have any fun.” Hatter was pouting as she zips cuff’s his hands.

Anika, Bart, and Terry take a set out and start zip cuffing everyone. Dakota keeps watch over everyone, making sure they don’t try anything.
Once everyone is zipped cuff. They are gather together in a group and covered by Dakota and Terry.

Jindrich is taken to a room by Bart and Hatter. Hatter looks at Bart “can I start questioning him please?” She folds her hands in front of her like she is praying.

Bart just grins “yes, you may start questioning him.”

“Oh, goodie!” Hatter turns around to face Jindrich.

“Now are you going to be a good boy and tell me what we want to know, or do I have to hurt you?”

Jindrich doesn’t say anything to her. He just looks at her to see what she was going to do to him.

“You think you’re a tough guy?” Hatter pulls out a stun gun and shoots him with it.

Jindrich jumps when he gets shot with the electrical prongs from the stun gun. He starts shaking as he feels the electricity course throughout his body. He is shocked three more times before Hatter stops.

“Now tough guy, do you want to talk, or should I shoot you in your privates and see what happens?” Hatter reloads her stun gun.

Jindrich looks towards Bart “you’ll let her do that?”

“I couldn’t stop her if I wanted too. I think it might be best if you answer her questions before she does it.” Bart knew Hatter could come up with creative ways to torture this guy with electricity.

Isla comes out of hiding along with Sara. She looks around and notices that the woman wearing the body suit and the other guy with her was guarding three other men. One of the two that had been wearing full body armor and the girl dressed like the Hatter were missing.

“Where’s the other guy at? The one that came originally?” She looks towards Elizabeth.

“You don’t want to know Isla.” Sara looks at Elizabeth’s assistant. She liked the girl as well and was considering sponsoring her to come back to the States with them.

Isla looks from Sara to Elizabeth and back to Sara. She was confused and wonder who Elizabeth’s friends were. She does hear some screaming coming from a room.

After about an hour, Hatter comes skipping out in a good mood with Bart behind her. Hatter had a pleased look on her face. Bart was just shaking his head because he couldn’t believe Hatter did what she threatened to do.

Anika noticed the look on Bart’s face and how happy Hatter was. She walks over towards Bart “did she do what I think she did?”

Bart just looks at her and nods his head. Hatter had shocked the guy in his testicles with her stun gun. Not only had he started talking but lost his bowels at the same time.

“Elizabeth, you're going to have a mess in there.” Anika over towards Elizabeth.

“That’s okay. I can clean it out with a hose.” Elizabeth had let them use a room that was easy to clean.

Isla looks at Anika and Bart “are you guys MI 5 or something?”

“Yes, we’re MI 5.” Anika shows her Identity card.

Isla turns to look at Elizabeth “are you MI5 as well?”

“Nope, I’m a US Marshal, but I’m over here with my wife helping her.” Elizabeth still had her US Marshal ID. She knew Anika, Dakota, and Bart had MI5 credentials. Terry and Hatter didn’t have any cover identities here in England. However, in the States, Terry had US Marshal credentials. Hatter had none because it would be hard to explain her looks and age.

up
230 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I do so like Hatter

WillowD's picture

Out of all of your characters, she is my favorite.

I agree

Monique S's picture

with WillowD, Hatter is a marvellous character. For me Anika and Dakota come a close second.

Anyway, it is nice that Mouse has a lead to the mole. I wonder what he is up to? Would he dare to try and attack Mouse and her mother? it doesn't seem as if he's aware of the extent of the mole hunt yet.

On the other hand I wonder what information the "fried eggs" revealed. (giggles)

Monique S

Looks like they're making progress on the mole hunt,

And collecting other little bits and pieces of information that will interest various police organizations in the UK and possibly worldwide.

The whole group involved in the hunt have a huge protective streak, they'll watch over everyone that they love and care for.

Brave and tough at first

Jamie Lee's picture

So brave and tough at first, but not after Hatter played a bit. Not after Hatter zapped him in his jewels.

Wonder if the other two suffered the same mess as Jindrich when they heard him scream.

What a stupid move asking Mouse about something he shouldn't have known about. He might as well have hung a sign around his neck saying "I'm a person of interest."

Others have feelings too.

Everybody loves Hatter!

We all love Hatter! She's such a character, with her child-like sense of joy and behavior. But most especially because she is willing and happy to do to the bad guys (and gals) what we wish we could do if we ever had the chance. Her background serves as justification for her actions so we can take pleasure from her actions without feeling any guilt.

As the victim that becomes the reaper we feel sympathy for the horrors she experiences while growing up. We also feel extra horror at the fact that these things were done to an innocent child. We all want to take her in our arms and hug her to make things better.

All in all Hatter is an inspired character that is well-written. Extra kudos to you, Lady Dragon, for developing such a wonderful character.

Karen


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin