Bzzzzappp Bang Boom: Wichita Linegirl Part 3

Printer-friendly version

It's been interesting, I've spent the last few days wandering around the city with Commander Ares or E-Girl or someone else from the Compound. I'm still a raw newb there as far as they are all concerned, but they admit my electrical skills have come in handy now and then.

Like the time that Dr. Destructo was trying to rob one of our big banks, bringing along a bunch of minor villains in pretty shoddy clothing and gear, then had those idiots start firing submachine guns at us right out in the darn street, with people wandering here, there and everywhere!

As soon as we could see that they were just firing anywhere to create a disturbance, we split up and started removing the idiots.

I didn't notice until after I had dropped one guy that the helmet he'd been wearing was steel. Let's just say that a direct hit on a steel item like that from an electrical bolt of about 10,000 kilojoules has a rather nasty effect on what is UNDER the helmet. I puked right there on the street.

There was a Compound Super nearby who kept an eye on me for a moment as I shook off what I had just done while defending the city.

We couldn't stand by for long, there were easily another dozen guys like that scattered around the bank still firing into the crowds.

It wasn't fun after that, but I couldn't just let people be hurt by some dastardly mastermind like Dr. Destructo and his minions, could I?

I ended up frying two more guys like that first one because both idiots ducked just as I sent out my bolts. Not my fault, those times.

**********

Once we were all back at the Compound after finally forcing Dr. Destructo to leave without any money, I hit the washrooms pretty fast. I'd been in there for a few minutes, I think, when someone opened the stall door, then carefully pulled my hair back as I threw up yet again.

I didn't know her at all. Once I'd finished with the heaves, I wiped my face with some toilet paper, then stood and thanked her for her help. I was still feeling a bit unsteady, so I swayed a bit as I tried to walk over to the counter, where I wanted to rinse my face properly.

I got another surprise as a second woman who had also followed me in handed me a package of wet wipes. I was busy for the next few minutes with cleaning my face and using a wet wipe to clean up the bits of my hair that hadn't evaded my earlier bit of not fun in the toilet.

After thanking both women, I managed to leave the bathroom without stumbling or falling, for which I was thankful.

**********

Well, things became just a bit odd that same night after I was involved in the incident I described here a short time ago.

I had gone home after talking with Commander Ares, the Doctor and some of the other Supers, many of whom lived at the Compound.

After a light meal, all that my stomach could tolerate at the time, I was in bed and off to dreamland. That's when it became odd.

It took me a little bit longer to get to sleep than usual, but I don't think that had anything to do with what happened.

Well, the simple fact is that I had a dream. Yes, a dream, specifically one going back to the point when I changed and became female.

The dream started as I looked down and saw myself on that gurney, with the doctor just starting his examination of me.

A shape appeared next to me, then took form as a semi-wise looking older man holding something that looked like a lightning bolt in one hand. I was standing there, gaping at him, when he introduced himself as Zeus, and looking down at my body, asked if I wished to live again.

I thought that I had misheard him and asked him about it, he replied, saying that I had died on the table and time was in stasis briefly. At that point, he asked again if I wanted to live, I replied that I did, and he said that he would gift me once I was awake and aware again.

He vanished around that time, I was still looking down at the gurney, the doctor seemingly stopped in mid-word.

I have no honest idea how I might have known, but I turned just as another being appeared next to me, this one a female.

She looked at me, looked at my body, looked at me again, grinned mischievously and said, "Time for you to return there, enjoy your new life!"

That was when I woke up briefly. New life? It sure couldn't get much newer than this, I mused as I looked down at myself.

Interestingly, I wasn't upset at what she had done, or how she might have done it. Being as I am now just felt right, deep down in my soul.

**********

When I woke up the next morning, I checked sites showing the Olympian gods and that is how I learned the woman in the dream was Tyche.

I shook my head and took my time in making a big breakfast, I have to replace the energy I use somehow, right?

I heard the bell at my front door go off as I finished eating. I looked at the video screens and noticed an older male delivering a box.

I went and opened the front door, at which point I had to sign for the box, acknowledging there was no damage to it or its contents.

I took the box inside, closing the door behind me, and placed it on the kitchen table.

I keep all kinds of useful things either in the kitchen, the office or my small workroom, which is where I found a simple utility knife.

The box was soon open, and ofter pulling up some of the wrapping, I noticed what looked to be a medium blue coloured girl's jumpsuit.

I grinned, I'd been waiting for this since I was in the hospital, it seems Commander Ares has some very helpful friends or staff over there.

I shook the clothing out, letting it slither downward as I held it by the shoulders. Damn, it looked like it would be quite snug.

But it was the three crossed lightning bolts and the name Bzzzzappp scrolling across them that made my grin even wider.

I just had to try it on, to see how it looked, yeah? Like I said, it turned out to be very snug, revealing every single one of my body's curves.

A quick look in the box made me laugh, there were a total of three more outfits just like this one in there. The boys will drool for sure.

**********

I ended up in the Compound again this morning, Commander Ares wanted me to spend some time in the command center of the building.

I actually was able to spend some time with E-Girl, who helped me to deal with the deaths of those idiots at the bank robbery yesterday.

At some point, an alarm went off, then a video screen flickered on, showing some aliens delivering their strange message to our world.

Within minutes of the message ending, reports from various cities across the world were showing huge numbers of new "supers" and the havoc they were wreaking as their abilities often were triggered without conscious control. Pandemonium ensued and insanity reigned.

Commander Ares and a fair number of other "Supers" in the Compound raced out to help wherever they could.

I called out to one who was about to teleport, saying, "Take me with you, I may be able to keep you safe in whatever happens."

He grabbed my arm, and in a flicker of my eye, we were looking down on hordes of people ravaging New York City.

Then my work in helping to save the world on that fateful day began.

**********

Just as we landed on a quiet street corner away from all of the current ruckus, we were confronted by a rather elegantly dressed male, wearing clothing that seemed to hark back to the Victorian age. He named himself as the Red Baron, and I unwittingly gasped in surprise.

Then he had the gall to try to convince me, in the presence of another Compound Super, to change sides and fight for evil!

As an answer, I allowed some free electrical energy to form around me, fashioning it into a ball in my hand, then pointed at him.

"Leave now, or I might be forced to take you in as an aide or accomplice to whatever harm is caused here today!"

That was when he surprised me. He nodded and bowed to me, saying, "As you wish, my lady," then vanished.

I kept that ball of electrical energy ready. I figured it would be needed soon enough, then the first wave of the ravening hordes reached us.

up
158 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

awesome!

and kudos for her for telling the Baron where to go!

DogSig.png

Re: awesome!

She has the power to back it up, Dot. Remember, tests showed she can pull in and hold up to 1.27 trillion kilojoules of loose electricity.

Would you want to mess with someone who can pull in that much raw power and then use it on you? I'd think not.

Hmmm... is there a chance that the Red Baron and his friends have a spy in the Compound? If they do, he might know that already.

Normal feelings

Jamie Lee's picture

Visiting the porcelain throne after seeing what her power can do to a person is a normal reaction for someone who has never done this type of harm. Or seen the results of what this type of power can do.

Supers breaking out all over because of aliens seems a bit strange unless those aliens have something else in mind.

Others have feelings too.

Re: Normal feelings

Yup, that would be quite normal after seeing and doing what she did that day.

As for the super "breakout", read Dorothy's E-Girl: The Gift: https://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/fiction/64823/e-girl-gift-pro...

That story has three chapters following the prologue, and describes the events of the "Gift" being given and what followed after that. I'm not going to say anything more than that, as the story is worth reading, and I don't wish to give certain parts of that tale away here.