Ginny's Story Chapter 71

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

Permission: 

strong>

Ellen and <Jinny.jpg
Wendy 1.jpg

Ginny's Story

A novel by Karen Lockhart

Copyright© 2018 Karen Lockhart
All Rights Reserved.


 


It's funny how things happen


CHAPTER 71

Every now and then I slipped a thumb drive with a continuous loop of “In the Navy”, or “YMCA” on low volume. All the waitresses thought this was a riot. So did the dozen or so patrons sitting at the bar.

Every time “In the Navy” played, Hiram and Cathy or should I say “Carlton Fisk” would go through a Village People skit.

Hiram moved great for an older guy, they were the stars of the night downstairs, attracting a small mob of admirers each time. Their performances actually increased the volume of bar orders and tips. Of course, Bobbi and I would ham it up with the two guys, getting a round of applause each time.

I wished Ellen was here with her tiger stripe cat-suit she could parade between the bar and the stripper stage.

tiger.jpg

here's Jean

Can you imagine two of these wandering around a party at the same time?

Some time later in the night, I had time to try two more cocktails on Cathy and Hiram. They complained I was using them as lab rats, but that didn't stop them from looking forward to trying my concoctions.

The first cocktail was called an OCEAN WATER; pour ¾ oz of blue Curaçao and 2 oz of coconut rum into a highball glass. Fill the glass with Sprite and stir.

I placed this in front of Cathy. For Hiram, I had a more complicated drink called an EASTER BUNNY, appropriate since he kept hopping around the bar whenever I played 'In the Navy'.

Shake 1½ oz of dark Crème de Cacao and 1½ oz of vodka with ice. Strain over ice in an old fashioned glass. Float 1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup and 1 tablespoon cherry brandy on top. I hoped this would become popular, I'd charge double for this one.

Cathy and Hiram loved them, and couldn't wait for me to make more so they could try the other's cocktail.

All these new cocktails went up on a lighted menu board over the bar. So far a lot of the Queen Elizabeths were asked for. Basically it was a Martini with Benedictine added.

As per Mr Logan's wish, we bartenders would try one of the new drinks, one only though. We had to remain sober after all.

My favorite was the Queen Elizabeth, the girls preferred the Cajun Comforter. Tomorrow night we'd try the new ones I came up with tonight.

During my break, I brought an 'Easter Bunny' back to Jean's dressing room.

We had a good laugh again at Peter's dilemma at the party last night. Jean asked if Ellen would mind loaning the cat-suit to her. Can you imagine the crowd's reaction to seeing Jean stripping the cat suit off to reveal a tiger underneath it?

Jean came up with a wild idea for me to wear it on Saturday nights to pump up the interest in her act.

Jeeze, dressing up as an Indian Chief was one thing, but wearing a cat suit was something else; after all, it was like being naked. I'd probably give in, I just needed a little time to get up my nerve.

“You'll want to wear your highest fm heels with that, to get the proper wiggle when you walk, honey,” Jean said, “Six inch ones if you have them, if not I have a pair of open toe 6” heels that tie on. You'll love them, screaming red patent leather!”

I stuck out my tongue and asked “Would a regular bikini would do, or should I wear a string bikini with the dental floss bottoms.”

I saw her face light up at the idea; when will I learn to keep my darn mouth shut?

“Purrfect kitten, I have just the bikini, it matches the shoes, bright red. You'll love it Ginny. When you put it on I suggest you wear slacks and a jacket over it on the ride here. Otherwise there'll be car wrecks all along the Southeast Expressway.”

Jean seemed to think this was hilarious. Deep down, I was getting excited about the idea of prancing around dressed like Terri. The members there that liked women would have their tongues hanging out.

A year ago when I was transitioning, this would have given me proof of my femininity. The more I thought of it, the more I liked it. I'd have to find out where Ellen bought it and order a couple more.

I chuckled, “Well Terri, should I wear the realistic tiger's head also, or just go as you. Ellen already had red hair like yours, Should I have mine colored at the salon so I'd match better?”

She thought that was a great idea, then she suggested I join her strip act, and work the pole with her once a night.

With that, I fled back to the bar and sanity!

Hiram noticed I seemed a bit flustered, and asked what I was upset about.

I made the second mistake that night, and told him Jean's suggestion that I become her twin. Well that got Cathy, er Carlton into the discussion too.

“I love it,” Cathy said, “Can you work a pole too?”

Hiram was laughing so hard he got hiccups. This of course drew Bobbi and Chris over.

“What is going on?” Chris asked, “I could hear you two laughing way down the other end of the bar.”

Ignoring my frantic wave-offs, Hiram proceeded to tell the girls what Jean suggested. This took a while, with his hiccups and all. By now the waitress with the large attractions came over.

Hearing just the last part with the pole, She exclaimed, “I love Terri the Tiger, I'd love to see two of them at the same time.”

By now, I was regretting having said anything. I was doomed! I guess I'd be 'Toni the Tiger' on every Saturday night.

“Oh no,” I groaned, there was Mr Logan being filled in by Bobbi. “I'm finished now,” I said to Hiram, “Your granddaughter just told your son about Jean's idea of me wearing a tiger cat-suit.”

Of course, that got him and Cathy laughing again at my dilemma.

I was thinking I might enjoy prancing around as a big cat, but I decided to play hard to get. Another break came so I headed upstairs to catch Ariana's act.

Wow, there was Tina Turner's voice carrying down the stairs. She was really pounding away, just like Tina. When I saw her, the makeup the wig, and the long legs looked just like Tina!

Joyce the bartender smiled at me and asked if I had ever heard anything like that before. “Logan just told me she just won the second floor costume contest. But if I were her, I'd cut a demo disk and send it around. The heck with telling them she's in transition, it's no-one's business but hers. F them!”

I was surprised at her venom.

“Sorry Ginny, when I was younger I got outed, lost my job, and was homeless for four months until I got this job. I get agitated when I see someone like her being attacked, like having a little extra was a bad thing.”

Looking at my watch, I gave Joy an air kiss and hurried downstairs, so Chris could take her break. As I neared the bar, all conversation stopped, then picked up again. I know I was the subject of discussion.

Closing time couldn't come fast enough!

I was bracing myself for the ride home with Jean. Thank goodness she was driving. I was so distracted I don't think I'd be safe on the ride home.

Finally, last call! All I had to do now was straighten out the rack of bottles.

Oh yeah, the best costume award went to our large breasted waitress, the Holstein cow. I mean, who else? My favorite among the cheerleaders, storm troopers, Darth Vaders and Wookies was this little guy in a body suit that must have cost a fortune.
Marilyn Monroe lives again! She was wearing that tiny dress she wore when singing 'Happy Birthday' to President Kennedy. I understand she was not happy with the choice of dress since she was almost naked Of course, JFK loved it!

Jean and I waited for Ariana, before leaving. I had filled Jean in on her performance. I knew the cat-suit would be brought up, so I braced myself for her reaction.

Jean surprised me, all she did was rave about how great Ariana looked dressed as Tina. The funny part is most female impersonators dress like Tina Turner and lip-sync her songs. Of course, Ariana really sang, no lip-syncing for her.

The ride home went as I suspected. Jean was thrilled with the idea of me in the tiger suit on Saturday nights. I finally gave in and admitted the whole idea excited me in a funny way.

“Well in that case, see me at my condo tomorrow and I'll show you how to work a pole.”

“Jean, I'm not going to work with you on stage, never, never, never!”

“Ginny, after the news flew around the main bar, Logan overheard Chris and Bobbie talking about you. He headed for my dressing room and discussed it with me. You're going to get a phone call tomorrow from him. He loved the idea. A big pay day is coming every time you dance.”

“I won't do it Jean, why did he talk to you first and not me?” I asked.

“He was worried this was cooked up for Halloween by his daughter. Logan didn't want to embarrass you. That's why he spoke to me before he asked you about it.”

I sank deeper into the car's seat. “Ellen's going to have a field day with this, and I can't imagine Wendy's reaction.”

When I walked in at 3 AM, I was surprised to find both Ellen and Wendy waiting for me. I smelled a big fat rat, a rat with tiger stripes!

“Are you going to do it Auntie? I think you'll look great!” Wendy said.

sexy-wild-tiger-costume-video-thumbnail_0.jpg
Ellen in her suit

Before I could answer, Ellen started to giggle. “'Toni the Tiger' and 'Terri the Tiger'. What a headliner pair you two will be.”

“Look guys, I only agreed to wear the suit on Saturday nights while tending bar. This idea of me doing a strip act with Jean is crazy. I'm not a stripper!”

“You weren't a bartender either,” Ellen said, “Now look at you, You are the main attraction at the Club. Since working there the bar's take is increased by 15%. A coincidence?”

“I'm going to bed and I suggest you two crazy people do the same. Ellen, where did you order that tiger suit from? I'll need more than one if I work the bar in it. Goodnight”

I spun on my heel and headed for my room.

To be continued.

Many thanks to Bronwen Welsh for her encouragement and assistance in fixing typos and sentences, for without her help this story wouldn't exist.


Special thanks to Tanya Allen for allowing the use of her book "The Candy Cane Club" in my story.

up
142 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looks like

There is a pole in her near future.

Ginny's story stays fresh...

...This is how you keep a story going 71 chapters. It feels like us-girls enjoying ourselves and find new ways to involve the others. Some of us have a tendency of going a step or two overboard.

Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Fresh

Thank you, you appreciate what goes into keeping that many chapters with something new. Now how to end this story :)

Genny is NOT happy

Samantha Heart's picture

Plus the rule that anyone who has had the surgery can't work as a dancer.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Genny is NOT happy

Samantha Heart's picture

Plus the rule that anyone who has had the surgery can't work as a dancer.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Rules? Rules? We don't need no stinken rules.

Rules are made to be broken, just ask the owner, Hiram that is. And Jean is paid, the other strippers work for tips.

You know, don't plant tomatoes before Memorial Day, don't take a shower in a thunderstorm, etc.

Stainless steel

Jamie Lee's picture

Open mouth, insert foot, chew vigorously. Or, me and my big mouth. Or, that wasn't such a good idea. Or any other saying which means Ginny should have not spoken her idea.

While those around Ginny might think her doing an act with Jean is a great idea, Ginny doesn't. And the argument of her not being a bartender before doesn't hold water. As a bartender she isn't the center of attraction for every deviant who hides their intentions behind a well placed mask.

It could also bring unwanted attention from the ones she was hiding from at the start.

One fact is crystal clear, no one whose heard the idea is not going to let it go until Ginny gives in. If they won't take no for an answer then her only recourse is to quit the club to get away from being pressured into the act.

Others have feelings too.