Ginny's Story Chapter 72

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

Permission: 

strong>

Ellen and <Jinny.jpg
Wendy 1.jpg

Ginny's Story

A novel by Karen Lockhart

Copyright© 2018 Karen Lockhart
All Rights Reserved.


 


It's funny how things happen


CHAPTER 72

When I woke up, I found Ellen's cat-suit across the foot of my bed with a note pinned to the sleeve.

“Dear Ginny,” it said, “Here's the suit and the website where I ordered it. Try it on without the bikini first, you'll love the feel. Kinda slinky. You and Jean are the same size, you'll look like twins if you have your hair colored.
PS, Wendy says take a lot of selfies.”

Before I was finished with my make-up, Jean called to find out if I was going to wear the suit to work.

“I thought it was on Saturdays not Wednesdays that I dressed up as you. Why are you pushing it?”

Jean paused, “Whatever do you mean Ginny? I was just curious, that's all.”

“You're trying to get me on stage, aren't you?” I asked. “Well, it won't work, sweetie, I won't do it. It's my turn to drive today, I'll pick you up at around 2 PM, unless you want to get there earlier, like to practice on a pole that is.”

“Truce!” Jean chuckled, “I won't mention it again, promise.”

After breakfast, I packed the suit, a conservative bikini and the tiger face-paint we used on Ellen for Halloween, into a tote bag, just in case.

For November, it was a beautiful day. As I drove across the causeway to Nahant, the low sun was sparkling on the water with Boston's skyline as background.

We had just gone back to Standard Time, so I expected dusk would be earlier and earlier. I really didn't like Daylight Savings. With the hours I now worked, it really didn't make much difference to me.

When Jean slid into my car, she noticed the bag on the back seat.

“Is that the suit?” Jean smirked, “Just in case the urge strikes, huh?”

“I'm like the Boy Scouts Jean, you know, always 'be prepared'.”

That got a laugh out of her, then she shrugged and changed the station on the radio.

“What happens if Logan asks you to try out stripping?” she asked. “Will you change your mind?”

“Any pressure, and I'll quit,” I said, “I'm dead serious Jean, I will not strip for anyone.”

“But Ginny, you won't be stripping, you'll have on a bikini over the cat-suit!
The same amount of clothing as when you tend bar, only the heels are higher. All you'll be doing is exercising with a brass fire pole. Well, you'll act like you're making love to it of course.”

I had to concentrate on my driving, some idiot went from the left lane to the right lane exit. Putz!

“I what? I'll keep my clothes on? Logan doesn't want me to really strip, only act as your twin?”

Jean exhaled, “Now you got it. At most, if you feel up to it, you can take off the bikini. Everyone will think you're naked like me. Illusion my dear is what is in the audience's mind, not their eyes.”

While I mulled this over Jean said, “We could even share my bowl of cream!”

I started to laugh, “Just don't put me on You Tube, my mother might see it.”

“No she won't,” Jean said, “She'll see Ginny not her son Gene!”

With that we both broke down in laughing so hard we had tears running down our cheeks.

“Thank goodness for water-proof mascara, Jean, or we'd both look like raccoons.”

After parking in what I think of as our spot, I grabbed my tote bag and followed Jean inside.

Sure enough, Mr Logan was waiting just inside the door.

“Ginny, can you spare a moment? I'd like to ask a favor,” He said.

Jean continued to her dressing room while Logan and I hung back.

“Did Jean tell you what she and I talked about last night?”

When I nodded 'yes' he went on.

“After telling me the fun she and your roommate had Monday night, I started thinking about having Twin Terri the Tigers once on Saturday night. And then seeing her tending bar, would double the bar crowd. I know this is a lot to ask, but I'll definitely make it worth your time. Do you need to think about it? If you do, I'll see you in an hour or so.”

“If I do this, I won't have to take off any clothes, correct?”

Logan nodded 'yes'.

“Just twirl around the pole, and interact with Jean, is that right?”

He nodded 'yes' again. Then said, “I'll pay you $500 for 10 minutes on stage with Jean. Will you do it?”

This time I nodded 'yes'. He gave me a hug and a peck on the cheek, then headed upstairs saying, “I can't wait to tell Sherry, my wife, the good news.”

Arriving at the bar in time to help set everything up, I kept the news quiet, figuring this way it'd come as a surprise to Bobbi, Chris, and the guys.

I decided to keep the cat-suit in my tote until Saturday, but maybe see if Jean would stay late on Friday to give me pointers on the 'dreaded' pole, so I wouldn't look like Sandra Bullock in that beauty pageant movie.

About 6 o'clock Hiram showed up, but no Cathy. I made a Cosmo for him and asked where she was.

After thanking me for the drink , Hiram said “Family business”, it happens every once in a while.”

“Cathy's not married is she? I mean she's here as much as I am.”

Hiram chuckled, “No, nothing like that, just a family get-together. Wouldn't do to have better legs than his sisters, you know.”

I snorted in agreement. “Hiram, would you like to try another one of my concoctions?”

“Absolutely honey, but in a while, okay?”

I got busy filling orders for the waitresses for an hour or two. Seems like the members all showed up at the same time, probably after dinner.

I was surprised not to see my favorite well-endowed waitress tonight. When I mentioned this to Bobbi, she said Edna went on a two week trip to Montreal, wink, wink.

She finally saved enough money! But this meant when she came back a six month timer would start on her 'employment'.

With her stunning figure, and Logan's recommendation, she won't be out of work for long. Chris said she thought Edna had a degree in childhood education.

The image of her at a parent teacher's night made me giggle; oh the poor fathers.

During my break, I went to Jean's dressing room for a diet cola while I waited for her to return.

“Hi hon, what's shaking?” Jean greeted me.

“I am,” I answered.

For a second a blank look was on Jean's face. Then with a squeal, she jumped onto my lap, and said “I knew you would do it!”

I pushed her off saying “No lap dances out of camera range, you huzzy.”

That got her laughing so hard she peed her self and had to quickly change her bikini bottoms.

Glancing at my watch, I said I must get back for Bobbi's break, and I'd talk to her in the car.

Chris and Bobbi noticed a funny smirk on my face and wondered what happened. Chris thought I had a boy-friend stashed away someplace, and Bobbi thought Jean and I were a couple.

Wow! How far from the truth, but I stayed non-committal. This drove them both nuts, and would until Saturday night.

I called to Hiram if he was ready, after nodding his head 'yes', I started to make the new cocktail.

“Here it is Hiram, it's called a 'BABY GUINESS', ½ oz Bailey's Irish Cream, and 2 ½ oz of Kahlua. Fill a large shot glass with the Kahlua, then layer the Irish Cream on top.”

Hiram took a sip, smiled and asked if I was trying to get him plastered, saying, “Two of those and I'm not driving, three and I'm legless.”

“Ginny, my favorite is still the Cajun Comforter, my son's right, we'll make it our signature cocktail.”

Ariana was waiting at the bar for Jean and I after we'd shooed out the patrons.

“I'm hearing funny rumors about Jean's act, have you heard anything Ginny?”

I smiled and said I was so busy tonight I had to pay someone else to pee for me.

Jean gave me an eyebrow wiggle a-la Groucho Marx as I unlocked the SUV'S doors.

We had just entered the Ted Williams Tunnel when I hit her with staying late Friday to teach me 'stripper pole 101'.

“For you hun, anything. But you need a name and I've got it!” she giggled, (see, leg shaving does do it).

“We'll call you Toni the Tiger! I can hear the announcer now saying, 'Performing tonight are Terri and Toni the Tigers!'”

tiger.jpg
Terri the Tiger

tiger suit 2_0.jpg
Ginny as Toni the Tiger

“That's what Ellen called me!” I said.

Jean laughed: “Great minds think alike!”

Down deep, I loved it.

To be continued.


Many thanks to Bronwen Welsh, without her encouragement and assistance, this story would not be possible


Special thanks to Tanya Allen for allowing her book 'The Candy Cane Club' to be used in my story.

up
151 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Pole Dancing,

Here we come!

Seduction

joannebarbarella's picture

I do hope Ginny is not on a slippery slope (or slippery pole) here.

slippery slope

If she does, she looks great though.

Maybe a new carer

Samantha Heart's picture

As a pole dancing bartender lol. "She mixes the drinks while dancing on a pole lol" (I know I know I'm being a smart ass. Lol). I wonder what Kevin would think let alone Peat lol. I know Elin & Wendy thinks it's a good laugh & supportive of Genny.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

pole dancing bar tender

Kevin would have a stroke, or a dozen or more.

One step at a time

Jamie Lee's picture

After everyone sees the reaction with Ginny on stage with Jean it will only be a matter of time before Logan, Jean, or Hiram suggest Ginny join Jean as a stripper in the act.

It won't happen until they all see her become comfortable on the pole, but they will eventually start pressuring her when attendance increases because she's on the pole and bartending.

Others have feelings too.