Player One: Time to Face the Music part 1

Printer-friendly version

I woke up to the sun rising through the tree line. The sky was a vibrate blue.

The grass of the meadow was soft and nice and the warm humidity of the summer was my blanket. I wonder if yesterday was real or a nightmare?

How the hell did they capture me? The last thing I remember was putting the little girl on the table and looking at the-the.. I puked right in the meadow. I don’t remember what happened after that. I’m thinking I had a panic attack. Too many thoughts are in my mind.

“Okay,” I said to the sky. “Let’s recap.” I took a deep breath, “So, yesterday, or so I think it’s yesterday. I turned into a cat loli, went to a doctor, learned how amazing my power could be, went to a bank. Bank gets robbed, little girl got…. omit that one, I killed… omit that one too, then proceed to have a panic attack. Next, I got taken by the Silver Legion, joined the Soviets, almost get raped by a Pedo, and preceded to test my new found power with their blood.” I tried to move, my whole body ached, “OW!” I looked down to see my little loli body covered in bruises. “Fuck me.”

I never thought I’d be able to take down so many people. It felt so easy like a walk in the park. I wonder why. Maybe it’s all the video games I played? Had I done that with a human body, I’d be dead, but because I have really fast reflexes, a small body, and agility that rivals Batman. I was able to slaughter them all. It almost felt like a dance. Why didn’t I panic though? Normally in a situation like that, I would have a panic attack. Actually, I think I almost did when I was almost raped by Pedobear. I’m betting Serenity causes it. Because it’s on max now, I can basically one shot my panic attacks with a deep breath. Way too fucking useful.

Now that I’m thinking about it, my power is too OP. I mean for dear lord I was unstoppable or so it felt. I’m betting that strategist had some part to play when I slaughtered whole squads of enemies. I wonder why it didn’t level it up. Maybe it wasn’t used a lot. There’s a difference between strategy and tactics after all, and what I used was tactics.

Yesterday felt more like an anime than it did real life. The acrobatic fights, the way I moved. Jeez, it’s almost like I’m in an anime. The only thing is this is real life and people die. The memory of the room hallway littered with corpses and painted in blood reminded me of that. I shiver at what I can do. Maybe I should let myself be killed.

No no no, how would the twins survive without you? How would Mom feel about that? Hell, is she even alive? I did try to save her life. I wonder if that did the trick?

I sat up slowly. Allow my body to adjust accordingly. I swivel my head to look around the beautiful meadow. I looked down at my body. I was still naked, completely showing my tail and ears. If I ever hoped to get back to human civilization then I must get some type of clothing. Where though?

From what I could see, I’m not even near the Suburbs of Epsilon and the abandoned factory looked like it predated the ghoul invasion.

My stomach growled. I was hungry, I’ve thrown up twice now and haven’t eaten since breakfast yesterday… Or so I think it was yesterday.

I slowly stood up. Every part of my body ached. Mostly my arms from the recoil of the cannons and where I got shot. Which I’m pretty sure was often because I can feel the bruises along my whole body. I’m still thankful for endurance.

I gazed at the surrounding meadow of rainbow flowers. They glistened to the peaking sun rays and rustled by the gentle breeze.

I stood in awe with the sight. All I’ve seen recently have been bodies and blood. This is a sight for sore eyes.

A smile formed across my face.

“Why hello there, lil’girl!” A voice said with a southern twang. I became alert that I’m out in the open. “Now don’t be alarmed. Ah’m not here to hurt ya.” The voice almost seemed to come from the meadow itself.

“Come out where I can see you,” I growled.

“Look right.” The voice said. I obeyed and saw a boy with spiky dark short hair with freckled painted across his nose. His brilliant green eyes seem so cliché that it made me giggle. “Why are ya laughin’ ’bout?” Coming closer to me.

“Nothing *giggle* your eyes *snicker* they seem so cliché. Like a writer decided to make a character seem ‘interesting’.”

“Ah,” The boy chuckled, “That doesn’t make a lick of sense. Wouldn’t something rare like ruby eyes be more cliché?”

“I don’t know, maybe.” Shrugged. I felt more comfortable now. “I’m Ro… Molly by the way.” I held my hand out. Then realized he was still far away from me, “Why do you sound so close yet you’re so far?”

“Oh, dese flowers act as some kind of repeater. No matter how far away we are, we can hear each other.” The boy said.

I walked to him and he did the same. Even when he’s far away, I could see the tiniest detail of his face when I focused in. Perception is surely amazing.

He inspected me before going crimson. “Um, Miss Molly, why are you naked?” It was cute the way he turned away his face. What the fuck, why am I think he’s cute. I’m not fucking gay.

I giggled, “Oh sorry, I got into a scuffle and my clothes tore off.” The expression on his face was pretty cute. I smiled, “I’m fine now, though.”

He visibly gulped, “Sahrry, Ah’m just not used to seeing girls naked.”

I inspected him, he couldn’t be older than fifteen, “You’re about my age, aren’t you?”

He chuckled, “Ah’m not ten, Ah’m twenty-five.”

“What! You're twenty-five?! I’m not ten, I’m fifteen!” then I saw it. A tail, “You’re a… You’re a mutant, aren’t you?”

He smiled warmly, “So ya caught me, huh? Oh, no big deal. You’re just like me.” He grinned before holding his hand. “Ah’m Hunter by the way.”

I shook his hand. It was a paw compared to my delicate hand. “Nice to meet you, Hunter. Um, you don’t happen to have any clothes I can borrow, do you?”

“Ah do at the house. Do ya want to go?”

Well, he may be a stranger, but he’s friendly and doesn’t look dangerous. Maybe it’ll be alright to trust him. I have to put my trust in someone or else I’ll go insane with paranoia.

“Sure,” I said, following him into the forest.

up
133 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Clothes

Clothes would be good. A shower would be better. Healing herself would be good, too.

I hope her mom is OK. And I hope she isn't a fugitive. Despotic organizations have this habit of making false accusations and turning innocent mutants into fugitives.

So

at some point this tale needs to get back on track. I am enjoying it.but we have walked away from all the previous characters.

Yup.

WillowD's picture

The way this plot wonders reminds me of Lewis Carol's Through The Looking Glass. It doesn't seem to make sense until you finish the story.

Funny...

I'm not having that much trouble with it. It might be because I'm a big science fiction nerd, and am used to going off in weird places.

Well, missing a part threw me for a loop, but all was good once I went back and read about the pedobear and his now missing junk.

Having said that, it would be helpful to put a few lines in to transition from one scene to another. Also, if there is a big scene change between chapters, putting a bit of the previous chapter in italics before the start of the next is often helpful. Though I admit that I have only bothered to do that on one story.

When it comes down to it, I have to say that I much prefer this style to the stories where that author laboriously describes each detail.

So, best to add some clues, but don't let the story plod. (Not that there seems to be any danger of that.)

Definitely not plodding

Some of the odd shifts of plot are throwing me, but the story is progressing fast enough that I don't often have to wait long to see what is going on. I am curious about mom's fate though, and Molly seems strangely detached about it. Of course, there have been a lot of distractions since the bank. You know, being tortured, raped, and ripping the centurion's balls off and everything.