Courage Chapter 14

Printer-friendly version

Susan wakes up in the middle of the night from a sharp pain. The babies were ready to come and join the world.

“DAD!” Susan gets out of bed and grabs her shoes to slip them on. Her bag was already packed and near the door.

Jake and Rachel come running into her room. They could see Susan was in pain.

“Are the babies ready to come out Susan?” Rachel runs to her daughter’s side.

“Yes, ma’am. They are ready to come into the world.” Susan winces as another contraction hits her.

Rachel and Jake manage to get Susan out to his pick-up truck. Susan was ready to drop the babies. Her water breaks just as they pull up at the hospital. Jake handles the paperwork, while Rachel helps Susan to the room they were putting her in. The babies were ready to come.
It took an hour and a half for Susan to be wheeled into the delivering room. She was going to have the babies the natural way. Jake and
Rachel were in the delivery room as Susan delivers the first girl. A few minutes later, she gives birth to the second girl. At first she didn’t want to make any noises and wasn’t responding.

Susan was concern, as she watches the doctor try to get the baby to react. When they put the baby next to her twin, she started responding.
Susan was worried that something was wrong with the second one. She was hoping she was alright. She hadn’t realized it, but she had been holding her breath.

One of the nurses put the babies in her arms to hold. Susan just looks at her little angels and couldn’t express how happy she felt as she held them in her arms. She has always wanted to be a mother and now she’ll have two little girls to raise.

“They look just like you, Susan.” Rachel and Jake could see that the little girls took after their mother, instead of the man that raped Susan.
Susan looks up at her parents “you think so?”

“Yes, sweetie. Those two little angels look more like you then who their father is.” Jake knew Susan still hated the guy that raped her.

“I hope you don’t mind Susan, but I called Anthony, so he could know his grandchildren were born.” Jake didn’t know if Susan would be mad at him.

“That’s fine, dad. He needs to see his grandchildren. I won’t hold what his son did to me, against him or the girls.”

The nurses take the babies from Susan as she slowly starts to fall asleep. She does feed them before letting them go. Susan is taken to her hospital room, where she falls asleep.

Anthony Garrigan showed up to see his grandchildren. He stopped in to see Susan first, but she was asleep. The flowers he brought with him, he put near her. Rachel was sitting in the room with Susan.

“How is she, Rachel?” As Anthony watches Susan’s sleeping form.

“She’s fine Anthony and so are the girls. Have you seen them yet?”

“Not yet. I wanted to see how Susan was before I head down to see the girls.”

“Well, as you can see. She is out of it.” Rachel just looks at her adopted daughter as she slept.

“Were there any difficulties during their birth?”

“Nope, the girls came out alright. The second one didn’t want to make any noise until she was near her sister.”

“How do they look?” Anthony was curious.

“Like their mother. You should go down and see your grandchildren.”

“I will. What last name are they under?”

“Ours. Susan put the girls under our last name.” Rachel knew Susan wanted them to have her last name.

“I can understand that.” Anthony leaves Susan’s hospital room and goes a floor down to see the twins.

The nurse down in pediatrics was happy to show Mr. Garrigan his grandchildren. He was amazed at how much of their features were from Susan. He could see some of his son’s features in them, but they mostly had Susan’s features. He just stands there watching his granddaughters.

He doesn’t know if Susan has chosen a name for the girls yet. He wonders what she is going to name the girls. He felt so proud that he had grandchildren and vow to protect them and give them whatever he wanted.

A few Weeks Later:
The doctor had let Susan and the twins go home after a few days. Susan was told to take it easy. Some of her old wounds from her rape had reopened. It wasn’t anything too serious, but she has been placed on light duty. Between her, her mother and Carol Ann. They had their hands full with the twins.

Greg has stopped by several times to see how Susan is doing and to help with the twins as well. He has fallen in love with the twin girls. They had light brown hair and hazel eyes and took after their mother.

Susan named the girl Rachel Ann after her adopted mother and Kelly Ann after her best friend. She named Heather as the twin’s godmother. She could tell the difference between each girl.

“Cute little buggers, aren’t they?” Jake had stepped into the nursery to see how the twins were doing. He notices Bear laying near the crib watching everyone.

“They are that, Jake. They look just like their mother.” Greg had noticed that when he first gazed at them.

“They are going to be spoiled.” Greg looks towards Jake when he says that.

“That they are, Greg. They are going to be spoiled rotten, but they will know right from wrong. Susan will make sure of that.”

Jake stands at the crib and just watch the twins sleep.

“Where’s Susan?” Greg figure she would be nearby for the children.

“She’s taking a nap in her room. She’s been up taking care of the twins.” Jake had seen Susan breastfeeding both girls. She told him that she
was going to breastfeed them as long as possible.

“Come on, let’s go and get something cold to drink.” Jake leads Greg to the kitchen and grab a beer.

up
219 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Seems like Greg is in the

Seems like Greg is in the picture these days, alas, we must wait for chapter 15 to see how much in the picture.