Enchanted Valley: Vacation

Printer-friendly version

Enchanted Valley: Vacation

Written by Nuuan


~o~O~o~

Okay so I got the idea for this from the Staycation story contest and it grew from there. While this is part of the contest I disqualify this story from winning. It was written for fun and also written in first person perspective, something I haven't even attempted to write in in over 20 years.

~o~O~o~

I had always been the type to make my vacation days count as best I could over the years, usually adding a day or two to a holiday weekend to make it a full five days or more away from the office. Of course I always used vacation for those few days the office was open between Christmas and New year’s, depending on what days those two holidays fell on at times I got a full two weeks off while only spending three of my vacation days. So I wasn’t surprised when our HR department emailed me informing me that I needed to use three weeks’ vacation, or would lose them when the new fiscal year began on July 1st because I had so much unused vacation time.

I gave serious thought of grabbing a round ticket to Hawaii and going to see my daughter and her family. I always flew out there every year over the Christmas holidays to see her, the son in law and the grand kids, that and to escape the blowing snow and sub-freezing temperatures for a couple of weeks. It was always a lot of fun especially with my looks, although the oldest is now beginning to understand that grandpa is not really Santa, I just looks a lot like him. Her younger sister still thinks that Santa is her grandpa. I guess if you’ve got to be cursed to look like someone, looking like Santa Clause isn’t so bad.

Although I’m overweight I’m healthy as a horse and yes I do visit my doctor regularly. I have a lot of fun with the nurses when I go. I think the head nurse in his office makes it a point to always send in the new girl to take my blood pressure and stuff. Last time I went she took my blood pressure three times on one arm, then once again on the other arm, not believing the readings she was getting. Of course I played it up asking her as straight faced as I could if there was a problem? She finally told me she couldn’t believe someone my age and weight had the blood pressure I did. Of course I told her I owed it all to fast cars, chasing women and plenty of beer and whiskey.

Well enough about that stuff, I was trying to figure out what to do with myself for three weeks. I really didn’t want to fly anywhere. Dealing with those morons in TSA once a year is quite enough for a man my age. I mean really, little kids run up to me and sit on my lap and tell me they are good and what they want for Christmas for Christ’s sake! What part of that screams potential terrorist? I mean really someone please tell me because I’m at a complete loss here! Is it revenge for lumps of coal the TSA agents got in their stockings when they were kids or what?

Probably wouldn’t be too good of an idea to show up at the airport right now anyway, that last TSA agent I had to deal with is probably still angry at me. It was his own fault for pulling me aside when I was trying to board after the long layover and then the plane being delayed, I had just a long enough stay in the lounge partaking in their overpriced beer to say what was on my mind and not give a rat’s ass what anyone thought about it. So when he was playing with my belly I decided to have fun and started moaning really loud so everyone could hear, then when he looked up at me I told him that wasn’t fat he was petting, it was the automatic rewinder for the world’s largest penis, and asked him to keep doing it as I was almost there. I think one lady in line almost peed her pants she was laughing so hard, she took off running toward the bathroom.

I met up with her on the plane later, after my friendly TSA agent decided to pull me aside and preform a strip search. Guess I was lucky to have bought a first class seat as they did hold the plane until I got on. She ended up asking to change seats to talk with me. I ended up telling her the rest of the story after being dragged into a private room with three male TSA agents. She had to run for the bathroom again when I got to the part where my buddy preformed the body cavity search and I began singing my own rendition of, ‘I saw the TSA agent boning Santa Clause’. When she finally came back to her seat and I told her that he didn’t even offer me a cigarette or give me his phone number after all that she damn near lost consciousness laughing so hard, along with several that sat around us listening.

So flying was out, so I thought maybe visit my other daughter in the UP, That’s Michigan’s Upper Peninsula for those that don’t live in the Midwest. I could drive there in less than a day but then she was still a bit annoyed that I had kicked her now ex-husband in the nuts that day he mouthed off to me. You’d think now that she had finally realized how much of a jackass he was and divorced his ass, she would be thanking me and patting me on the back, but she still seemed pretty mad about it.

I could go visit my friend in Alaska but that would involve my oh so great friends in the TSA, so that was out. I guess the only thing I can do is go fishing. It’s a bit late for crappie, and too hot for most other day time fishing, but catfishing is possible. I’ll spend my three weeks catfishing at night when its cooler and catching up on movies that I haven’t had time to watch.

~o~O~o~

A full week into my stay at home vacation and my freezer has at least 100 pounds of catfish fillets, and yes I always filleted my catch as the catfish I normally pulled out of the river were usually too large to fry whole. The fishing has been great, catching stringers full of catfish every night I’ve went, even pulled in a channel cat that weighed 22 pounds one night, although I tossed that one back as it was too damn big to be worth eating, I was after what I referred to as ‘pan sized’ which were along the range of three to five pounds.

Most the movies I had wanted to see but had not, I have now watched now so I was working on going through those obscure ones that had titles that interested me. I was watching this movie that seemed to be some kind of rip-off of the X-men universe, when I heard this loud sound, it sounded almost like an incoming mortar round whistling in but much louder and more of a roar than a whistle.

~o~O~o~

I woke to find myself in some kind of dense, thick fog. I didn’t feel like I was lying down or even standing, I was just… there. The thick white cloud that surrounded me didn’t have any effect on my breathing, nor did it have any taste or smell. Raising my voice to see if anyone was there in the thick fog with me gave no results, not even an echo of my own voice. I don’t know how long I was there, it could have been hours or just minutes since there was nothing to even begin to gauge time with in the fog, when I heard a distinctly female voice, “Are you alright?”

“Who’s there?” I begged while frantically looking around for the person speaking to me.

“My name is Tala,” the disembodied voice answered. “You were in an accident, we are restoring you. Just relax as best you can and you will be as you were before the accident.”

“I don’t remember any accident?” I tried to get more information out of the voice, but heard no reply. “Are you still there?” With nothing else to do, I closed my eyes and thought about the movie I was watching, replaying it in my mind’s eye so to speak.

It was a low budget ‘B’ movie, the type of movie that would have been perfect as part of a double feature at the drive in’s when I was a teenager. Although the special effect were borderline terrible the movie was entertaining even though I could see the wires supporting the one character that could fly. The plot revolved around this group of teenagers who had sneaked into some obscure government site while an even more obscure test was going on and got soaked in some sort of experimental slime. Caught and locked up by the men that ran the place all the teens developed super powers from the exposure to the slime.

The main character, a girl seemed the least changed of the group, one of which turned into a monstrous looking half reptilian creature. This girl ended up with the power to change the density of her body where she could walk right through walls or become so dense that that she couldn’t be budged. Between the girl, the lizard boy, who eventually found out he was a shape changer that could take on any form he wished and another boy that if they had painted his skin green he could have doubled for the Incredible Hulk, they escaped taking the rest of the teens with them. The rest of the movie consisted of the group of mutant kids avoiding being recaptured while the group helped a few ordinary people in the process. Bugs me that I didn’t get to see how it turned out in the end.

The whole movie revolved around the girl that played the main character and it was obvious why with her looks. She made the models in sport’s illustrated look plain and the director took advantage of those looks with several scenes with her partially dressed or with ripped clothing that just barely kept the movie from being R rated. My friends and I used to call women that gorgeous, ‘tongue draggers’ as any boy seeing her would have their tongue not only out but dragging the ground.

I didn’t find myself lustfully thinking about what I wished I could do with her like much younger men would do, at my age that was just too creepy as she was young enough to be my granddaughter, but I did admire her looks. With nothing else to occupy my time I found it difficult to get her out of my mind. The long blond hair, her soft facial features, perfectly formed athletic figure with breasts that were on the smaller side but quite definitely large enough that no one would ever call her flat chested. I would bet money she had to be a gymnast or dancer of some kind before going into movies. I wouldn’t doubt she studied marital arts too, the way she moved in the actions scenes.

~o~O~o~

“How are you feeling?” I heard another female voice.

“Tired,” I sleepily replied. Snapping my eyes open at how strangely high pitched my voice sounded. I saw a man and a woman looking down as they leaned over where I was lying. “What the…” my hand shot to my throat hearing myself speaking so strangely.

“It is alright,” the woman reassured, “restoration can be a bit disorientating even for those of us that have used it before.”

“Restor… What did you do to me, I sound like a girl?”

“Tala didn’t have your pattern stored so she used the one in your mind to restore you to your former self,” the man explained.

Looking down at my nude body I saw two pert breasts proudly on display, further down a thin well-toned waist and ended with a small patch of blond fur where my body joined two beautifully toned and very feminine legs. I gasped at what I saw, then realizing these two strangers were staring at my now very female body, I felt the need to hide and fell through the bed thing I was lying on as if it wasn’t there. Landing on my ass on the cold concrete floor.

“Oh my god!” I screamed, “I was thinking about that girl, it made me that girl!”

“This isn’t your original form?” the woman spoke as both kneeled down to find me under the strange non-metal slab that jutted out from the wall behind me.

“I, I just fell through the bed!”

“You must have had this image in the forefront of your mind for Tala to choose it,” The man stated.

“Was this form able to pass through solid objects also?” The woman questioned.

“Um, yeah but it was just a movie, the girl couldn’t really pass through solid objects. No one can do that!”

“The man looked across to the woman, “That would explain why Tala used up so much of her reserves.”

“You’re right,” the woman nodded, “she would have had to create the cellular structure from scratch using dark matter.”

“What you two are talking about doesn’t exist!” I glared at them, “Hell this… what you did to me is impossible! Who the hell are you people?”

“We mean you no harm and are very sorry for this misunderstanding,” The woman reached out gently placing her hand on my ankle. “I am sure Tala will work with you to create the correct form and restore you to that form once she has replenished her energy stores.”

“That’s a relief,” truly feeling a weight lift at hearing that I wouldn’t be stuck like this.

“Come on,” The woman held her hand out, “Let’s obtain you some coverings.”

“Yeah clothes would be good,” I giggled and let her help out from under the bed thing that stuck out of the wall. Which I found weird as I expected my normal deep chuckle but what came out was a as very girlish giggle. Helping me up from the floor under the strange table like protrusion, the woman wrapped a blanket around me.

Following the woman up the wooden steps out of what I assumed was a basement from the windows and cinder block walls and the unfinished ceiling, I gasped when we entered a kitchen. It wasn’t any kitchen, it was my kitchen. But then the basement we had been in was completely bare of anything and mine was unfortunately packed full of junk I no longer used but didn’t have the heart to throw away.

At the far end of the kitchen table a boy that looked to be in his early teens sat in one of the chairs holding a green plastic bag. The white circle on its side with the word, ‘Cascade’ printed in red lettering told me exactly what the young teen was holding. I found myself watching in horror as he tossed one of the small green and white swirled colored pods in his mouth and began chewing.

Watching as the teen reached into the bag to grab another dishwashing soap pod, I dashed across the room grabbing the dishwashing soap away from the teen, “You can’t eat that!”

“But it tastes like Cheilith!” the teen shouted.

“Really?” The woman grabbed the bag from me pulling one of the soap pods out and taking a small bite out of it.

“Are you two insane?” Shouting as I grabbed the bag of soap pods away from the woman, “That will make you sick!”

“He’s right this does taste like Cheilith,” The woman popped the rest of the soap pod into her mouth. “Although it’s not as tart as Cheilith and less grainy,” she continued with her mouth full.

I couldn’t believe what the woman did. What kind of crazy people are they, not only do they think my dishwasher soap is some kind of candy, they changed me into a girl with super power. Looking back and forth between the teen boy and the woman, I couldn’t help but shake my head in disbelief, “You still haven’t answered my question! Who the hell are you people?

“Do you wish answers or clothing first?” The woman asked.

“Oh, answers first. You really want the answers first,” the teen boy grinned, his eyes glued to what he could see of my new very female body where the blanket had fallen open after I had let go of it to grab the dishwashing soap.

Noticing what he was looking at I wrapped the blanket back around to cover up, “Clothes first.”

She led me upstairs to what was once my daughter’s room. Inside the room everything looked just like it had without the dust. My daughter hadn’t live at home in over twenty years and while I did try to keep the house relatively clean, I didn’t go in and dust the unused room as often as I should have. “You’ll find Tala has replicated everything you’ll need within the dresser and the closet. We’ll be down in the food preparation area. Come down when you’ve dressed and we will explain everything to you.”

“You mean the kitchen?” I questioned her use of words.

“Yes, kitchen,” nodding as she closed the door leaving me in the room alone.

Walking over to the dresser I found a drawer full of various style of women’s panties. Grabbing the first one I could, I quickly put it back once I saw it was a thong. Moving things around a bit I found a pair of plain white cotton ones that I slipped on. Finding a pair of plain ankle socks in another drawer, I put those on. The next drawer I opened contained the one article of women’s underthings that I had no experience in putting on. Letting out a long sigh I picked through these until I found the plainest white one I could find.

I had seen my wife put them on enough to know I could fasten it in front the spin it around, which I did and to my dismay found it was now inside out. Spinning it back around I unfastened it and corrected that only to find I had one of the bands twisted this time. As they say, third time’s a charm and I did get it right finally.

Walking over to the closet I opened the door and almost fell on my ass in shock. What should have been a small walk in closet of no more than six feet wide and eight feet deep looked like I opened a door into a warehouse of clothes. Rows and rows of clothes on racks as far as I could see stood before me. The inside of the closet was larger than the whole house! Looking back I could see the bedroom hadn’t changed but what I saw in front of me was impossible, or I should say yet another impossible to add to the list of impossible that I had seen today. Spotting what I thought was a pair of blue jeans on a hanger only a few steps away I grabbed it off the hanger then grabbed a green button up shirt that was close and quickly got out of the impossible closet, fearing I could get lost in there if I got too far away from the door and not find my way back.

I found the jeans almost more trouble than the buttons being on the wrong side of the shirt. The darn things were too tight and I had to fight them over my hips before I could button and zip the up. The shirt or should I start calling my shirts blouses, I fumbled with the buttons, not used to everything being on the wrong side, and the fit was a bit tighter than I liked as the shirt or blouse was cut larger for beasts then slimmed down to hug my stomach. I actually had to button it completely opposite of what I was used to, as I always held the shirt tails together to find the lowest button and start there. With my breasts in the way I found that method difficult as I couldn’t see the lower buttons, so I had to start up near my neck and work my way down.

Finally dressed, although barefooted as I was NOT going back in that closet to look for shoes, I looked at myself in the mirror above the vanity that sat along one wall. The bra and shirt really seemed to make my new breasts look larger than I liked. Although I could easily see the resemblance to the actress in that movie. I didn’t think anyone would mistake us as twins or anything like that, but they would easily see that we were related and a freaky thought passed through my mind that I was the better looking of the two.

“Damn, why did you have to make me so hot?” I asked my reflection.

Across the mirror I saw the words appear, ~I made you as close to the image in your mind as I could.~

If my jaw could have hit the floor it would have, I was speechless. Did I fall down a rabbit hole? This had to be some weird dream, way too many things were happening that was impossible. Reaching over I pinched my left arm, “Ow!” Shit that hurt this isn’t a dream. “Who, who are you?” I asked the mirror.

~I am Tala,~ appeared on the mirror, ~I deeply regret that we interrupted your life cycle and will do everything in my power to rectify this.~

“Why are you talking to me this way? Why can’t I see you?”

~You do see me, I am only not what your race would normally think of as sentient.~ I read across the mirror as it appeared. ~My race, we lived in peace alongside the Glerfy on our planet. When war threatened both or species the ones of my race changed ourselves so that we could leave the planet, we took as many of the Glerfy with us as we could. I was too young to transform into a form that could travel in space. Nera and Geri built an engine that could lift me off planet. We were some of the very last to leave and were pursued by the invading species. We had no choice but to come here into the forbidden zone.~

“But what are you, why don’t you look like, what did you call them, Geri and Nera?”

~My physical form is too large to take your human form, and as I destroyed your house I took its form. You should go down to the others, they are waiting and can explain more.~

~o~O~o~

I sat at the kitchen table and listened to both Geri and Nera tell their tale. How their planet was targeted by an oppressive race of aliens because of the other sentient species that lived in harmony with them, the Pestinn, the same race that Tala was part of. Apparently their shape changing abilities was only the tip of the iceberg, they could manipulate space time itself moving through space anywhere instantaneously. Tala had been too young to have acquired this ability so Geri and Nera among others had built huge engines that were given to Tala’s sisters so that they could escape the impeding invasion.
Rube, the teen boy I had met was a male of the same species as Tala, although the only trait the males shared with the females of the species was the shape changing ability. The males never grew to any size in comparison to the females, who could grow as large as some small cities on earth. Tala being young still could take up over 7 acres if she allowed her whole body to exist in one dimension. Her natural form more plant than animal, I was told was something like the gigantic Banyan trees we had on Earth. At least this explained why the closet in what was now my room was the size of a mall.
The one thing that bothered me more than Rube’s hand that I kept moving off my thigh, the last time I moved it threatening to remove it from his arm if he didn’t stop, was the fact that while they had not lied to me, Tala could restore me to my former self, it would take approximately three hundred years at her current rate of recharging before she could attempt it. And while I was told my new body would last that long, I had the funny feeling that my sense of self would not. Yes I had spent sixty years as my former self, but after spending the next three hundred as a girl who would I be then? Would I even remember what it felt like to be a man after three hundred years?

One thing I could easily tell was their sincerity and honesty. The group really was orphans of the sky, driven away from their home. I felt the need to help what I could, and plans were made. Thanks to Tala’s abilities to interact with pretty much everything electronic she was able to hack databases and make identities for all of us with the proper IDs and show the sale of my house and property to Rube’s and my new parents, Geri and Nera Kendall.

As I went to bed that night in my daughter’s old room, what was now my room I saw a message written in the mirror, ~Everything will be alright Max, I promise,~

Lying on the bed under the pink and blue comforter I thought about everything that had happened since I had woken up. I woke up as a young girl. I had been given the power to pass through solid objects, something I would need to test my limitations on and learn to control so I didn’t screw up something or someone. My house was replaced by a sentient life form from another planet. My new parents and oversexed younger brother were aliens too.

On the good side, I was young again without the aches and pains I had. I’d never have to pay another electric or cable TV bill ever again.

Bad side, I was a girl and my younger brother was a sex crazed pervert.

The last thought that came to mind before the depths of sleep overtook my consciousness was, why I stayed home, why didn’t go somewhere, anywhere for this vacation?

The End

for now

up
263 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

ROFLOL

I laughed so hard I think I hurt myself reading this. Very good!

Once I got into the groove

of writing this one I found it hard not to keep going beyond the planned ending as there is so much comedy that can be done with just the interactions between the brother and sister

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

I am so giggling right now.

WillowD's picture

The sub story with the airline people is hilarious. And so is the rest of the story.

Yes it's pretty obvious

What I, I mean the character thinks of TSA ;)

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

You don't

want to know what some people make of that TLA do you? Probably not. Not safe reading for the office to say the least. I'm no fan of the everyone is a suspect approach they take myself. Frankly if I can't get there in an automobile, I don't ever intend to go again.

Excellent!

Excellent! This can’t be THE END!
Where are you going to put the next story from this universe?

Max hasn’t resolved anything with his daughters yet.

No Max hasn't

Resolved much of anything yet, nor have we learned very much about the aliens that she is now legally a child of :)

Yes I'm planning on a second story but as I haven't even fleshed out the plot it may be awhile before we see it.

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

OMG! I loved this! It is the

OMG! I loved this! It is the best story I have read in a long time, and I hope there will be more.

That has to be the best praise

That has to be the best praise any author could ever hope to hear, thanks Mandy :)

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Funny

More please this could become a great serial.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

Seem to have created yourself a little story-verse sandbox.

MadTech01's picture

Your little private story-verse, must be a amazing playground from your imagination. Since it keeps coming back to it :P
And that is a good thing, you still have those others you are working on but I think, since you have created so many characters for this one you will probably keep coming back to it. And you little muse will keep coming back for the rest of time till she gets bored, and other sotries may have a hard time since well, she is having too much fun here for now.

Hope she enjoys it, because I will enjoy reading all the stories she keeps putting into your head.

"Cortana is watching you!"

I think I may have said this before?

Enchanted Valley began as a collaboration between myself and another author. I never thought I would write many stories in this universe but it seems that something spawns an idea that my muse thinks will work great in it :)

I never intended to write more than the single vacation story, of course with all the ideas that began falling into place for the story, I already knew there would be at least 3 more...eventually. As there is a sequel or continuance of Sentinel planned also.

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Very entertaining story

Thanks for explaining about the title. I was wondering how that fit in. Now I can go and read those stories I had overlooked before.

So many memories

BarbieLee's picture

One of my friends told the story about TSA searching her. Their scanner started screaming when she walked through the sensors. They pulled her off to the side for a hands on search. The problem was the metal stays in her corset. TSA didn't know whether to take the corset or let her wear it? Very beautiful girl and yes she was all girl. They let her keep it.
Thanks for the forgotten memories. So many girls have come and gone. Most moved on with their lives. God bless them.
Hugs Nuuan, thanks for a cute story
always
Barb

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

You would continue this?

If you did not, that would be unacceptable. There would be consequences.

Should have went to yooper land

Sara Hawke's picture

He definitely would have been better off eating pasties then again i think she got a lot more out of the deal, but i don't know not being called santa any more might hurt at Christmas time.

Say ya to the up eh!

Yooper for life, but i don't miss the snow.

Sara

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Contemplation, yet duty
Death, yet the Force.
Light with dark, I remain Balanced.

My favorite part:

wolfjess7's picture

My favorite part of this whole story was near the beginning and the discription of what went on with the TSA. As some of you know I have had my own beefs with the 'friendly' TS Assholes over the years. But the self preforming body cavity search is priceless. that and the bit about Santa getting boned by TSA. I couldn't stop laughing. Great story Nuuan.

May the peace and happiness of the Goddess keep and protect you
as always your humble outlaw
Jessie Wolf

TSA issues

It has been awhile but I used to work as the field service tech for the company big name brand computers that the TSA used. You would not believe the crap I would have to go through just to get to a computer or server I needed to repair.

First and foremost the level of training a TSA agent receives is very lacking, I would place their training along the lines of what a Mall cop receives. Half if not more of them have tried to join the police force and couldn't cut it, yet that have more authority than a REAL police officer that has went extensive training. Most don't have the common sense to get out of the rain and only applied for the job so they could bully people.

I actually had one go through my tool bag and tell me I couldn't bring in the screwdrivers to work on a server, because they could be used as a weapon. How in the name of all that is holy was I supposed to replace the back plane in the server with out any screwdrivers to take out the screws? I finally told the moron that his pointy head could also be used as a weapon too.

I had one of the Rocket scientists once tell me I couldn't bring in the new motherboard one of their PCs needed. I found it really difficult to explain to that genius that I couldn't fix the computer without it.

Then there was the time I was threatened with a body cavity search, just because they could. I pointed at the female TSA agent and said sure but she does it! Then when asked why her I explained she had smaller hands and unlike my little buddy that made the threat, she did not have the equipment to use two hand to steady me during the search like I knew he planned to do since I left him a lump of coal in his stocking that year.

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

My favorite part is ...

My favorite part is the humor that Nuuan and you are not afraid include in your stories. It gives us a laugh and at times sparks a lot of comments like the TSA story here or the “Mama Nia” play on words in your space saga.

Just keep it up and many readers will keep coming back for more (myself included).

Thanks guys!!

Downsides?

I don't see any.

Please don't enter this story

Please don't enter this story in the contest................You'd win!

mmmmmmm...?

I am lost... Last I knew I was driving down off Snoqualmie pass looking for my exit...When this huge tree..Roots n all fell outta the sky and landed on top of me!?!???!!
Yep; I like this universe too!

alissa

Snoqualmie pass

It might be some time before this group of crash landed aliens find out about that little town :)

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

What a riot

Jamie Lee's picture

I about died laughing over the TSA portion of this story, it was too funny.

This is another story, or chapter(?), which shows it's a good idea to be careful what one thinks about at any given moment. But at least she'll have three hundred years to think about other things.

Others have feelings too.