The Birth Of A Coywolf Part 17

Printer-friendly version

“Ginny, Stephen can the two of you come to my office please?” Bryan’s voice comes over the intercom outside near the pool.

Ginny looks up from doing her laps in the pool. Bryan and Leonard felt that she should build her endurance up. So, they instructed Stephen to make sure she did the laps.

“I wonder what Bryan want?” Ginny climbs up out of the pool. She had worn her new bikini that she bought the other day on the way home from work.

“I don’t know. We haven’t caused any trouble lately.” Stephen leads the way towards Bryan’s office.

He knocks before entering.

“Enter!”

Stephen walks in first with Ginny following behind him. He wonders what Bryan wanted with him and Ginny.

“What’s up boss?” he watches as Ginny walks over and sits down on one of the two leather chairs in Bryan’s office.

Bryan directs his gaze from the computer monitor he was looking at towards his two youngest pack members. He notices Ginny’s body has been filling out more since Barney activated her suppressed gifts.

“Stephen, I’ll need for you and Ginny to pack enough clothes for two weeks. We’re going to be visiting a few packs on the East coast that have petition the council to be recognized. I think its time for you to meet other pack members you normally don’t get a chance to meet.” Bryan wanted to expand Ginny’s experience with other Were’s.

“Cool, road trip.” Stephen was excited.

“I don’t know if I have the vacation time with Barney.” Ginny knew she has missed a lot of work and he might not give her the time off from work.

“You’re covered, Ginny. Barney understands this is pack business and he is given you two weeks paid vacation.” Bryan knew Ginny worried about money, but what she didn’t know.

All her expenses were being covered by the pack. Which she didn’t have many. Her trailer was rented out to a member of Barney’s mischief.

“Are we staying with the packs were visiting or a hotel?” Stephen wanted to make sure Ginny packs the right clothes.

“A little of both. There will be a few packs we will be staying with and there will be a few that we’ll stay in a hotel for the night.” Bryan had a few
packs they were planning on visiting that he hasn’t seen in a while.

“Cool, I’ll make sure our little mutt is packed correctly.” Stephen looks towards Ginny with a smirk on his face.

Ginny sticks her tongue out at him.

Bryan just shakes his head at their antics.

“Go and get ready to leave. We’re leaving in two hours.” Bryan goes back to finishing his work.

Stephen takes Ginny up to her room and helps her pack. He teases her about her Hello Kitty panties and bras.

“Hey, don't diss Hello Kitty.” Ginny smacks Stephen.

“There, you are all packed.” Stephen looks from the suitcase he had been packing, while Ginny a few other.

She had three suitcases and a garment bag filled with some dresses. Normally, whenever there is a special meeting or function, Bryan wanted
her to dress in one of the expensive dresses he bought her. She had slipped on a pair of shorts and a nice blouse and low heels to wear to the airport.

Stephen drives them to the airport, where a black and tan Lear Jet is waiting for them. He parks the car and head inside to get a luggage cart to take their luggage in.

“We’re flying in that?” Ginny stops and looks at the Lear Jet.

She has never been up in a plane before. She felt nervous standing only a few feet from it. Her eyes switch to her coyote eyes.

Bryan could smell Ginny’s scent change “it's going to be okay, Ginny.” He grabs her hand and sends a little bit of his power into her to calm her down.

Ginny felt Bryn’s power as it courses through her and soothes her beast. Her eyes switch back to her normal ones.

“Come on Ginny.” Bryan escorts Ginny towards the plane and helps her up in it.

Ginny looks around as she boards the plane. She has never been in one or up in one before. She takes a seat by the window and waits for
Stephen and the ground crew to finish loading their luggage.

Stephen and Bryan come walking up into the plane. Stephen takes the seat across from Ginny and Bryan sits in the seat across the aisle from them.

“Alright, Denver were all loaded, and the door is shut.”

“Gotcha boss. I’ve already arranged to have a car meet us at the airport when we land.” Denver had called a car rental place to have an SUV
waiting for them at the airport.

Ginny squeezes the armrest when she feels the plane taxi down the runway. Then when it lifted off the tarmac, it felt like she was being lifted out of her seat as they flew higher. She lets go of the armrest and looks out the window next to her. She couldn’t believe how small everything looked as they flew over it.

“Are you still nervous?” Stephen loved flying and enjoyed watching Ginny squirm some from her nervousness.

Bryan was watching both and making sure Ginny was okay. He felt her relax once they got up in the air.

“Where are we heading Bryan?” Ginny looks over towards Bryan.

“We’ll be landing in Greensboro, North Carolina. From there we will be driving to Denton, N.C. to visit a rather small pack called Thunder Creek Pack. They have claimed Davidson County, N.C. as their territory. Plus, they have been experiencing attacks from a group of rogues lately.”

“Who’s the Alpha of the Thunder Creek pack?” Stephen has never heard the name before.

“A very old Were that goes by Job McCoy now a days.” Bryan looks at his notes to make sure his information is right.

“How old is he?” Stephen was curious. The oldest Were he has ever met came from the middle ages.

“He’s about twelve hundred years old.” Bryan has only met him a few times.

Ginny looks towards Bryan with a curious look on her face “he’s twelve hundred years old? How long do Were’s live?”

“Rather long Ginny. Barring fights, and natural disasters. We live rather long. There are only a few things that can hurt us, however, time does
take a toll on the mind of an old Were. Some Were’s can’t take seeing their friends and family dying, while they live on. So, they either take their own life or ask their Alpha to do it. Sometimes, they will go out and pick a fight, just to be killed.”

“You mean I can possibly live for a very long time and never age?” Ginny had wondered about that.

“Yep? Didn’t you realize that?” Stephen thought he covered that with Ginny.

“I thought you were joking.”

“I told you I was born in April of 1960.” Stephen missed the sixty’s.

“If this Alpha we are visiting was born twelve hundred years ago. Where did he come from?”

“He’s an ancient Viking.” Bryan knew of a few others, but the ones he knew lived in Europe.

“Oh, cool. He should have a lot of history he can tell us about.” Ginny wouldn’t mind hearing stories of his adventures.

“Maybe after we conduct our business. You can get him to tell you about what he experiences over the centuries.”

Thunder Creek Pack:
“Erin, you don’t need to be in here helping. I and my staff can handle preparations for dinner tonight.” Paula looks at their new female Alpha as she peels potatoes for dinner.

Erin had a potato peeler in one hand and a huge potato in the other hand. She was getting bored not being able to help around the kitchen.
Every time she came into either help or clean up, Paula would run her out.

“I know I don’t have to help, but I want too. I feel guilty not helping.” Erin looks over at their head cook.

“And I appreciate it Erin, but this is my job. Now, please leave the kitchen.” Paula hopes she doesn’t have to go and get Letno or Job to
remove Erin from the kitchen.

Erin puts her potato peeler down and leaves the kitchen. Since she became a woman and the Alpha mate. Her world has been turned upside down. She was feeling comfortable now being a woman. She never wanted to be one. She liked being a male, but now since she has become one. She was finding that she was enjoying it. Sure, it was a shock to discover that Job was her mate. She hadn’t felt it, but Job had.

He took his time wooing her and letting her make the choice. Once she accepted being his mate and being a woman. They got married. They held the wedding here at the ranch and Lento was her bride’s maid, along with a few other women and people she knew.

Job told her she couldn’t reveal what he or any of the people on the ranch were. Lento and Jolha used a glamour spell to make themselves look normal around the guest. The wedding reception lasted all night long. Job had to carry her inside to their bed and undress her. She had fallen asleep around two in the morning from too much drinking and lack of sleep the night before.

She leaves the kitchen and heads for Job’s office. She doesn’t bother to knock before entering. She walks in and sees him looking at his computer screen.

“Got kicked out of the kitchen again?” Job had a grin on his face.

“Yes, Paula kicked me out.” Erin huffed as she made herself comfortable in her favorite leather chair in Job’s office.

“Well, you get to have some fun when Bryan Hudson gets here in two hours. You can show him and his people how charming and sweet you are.” Job couldn’t believe after twelve hundred years he had found his mate and had children on the way as well.

Erin tilts her head to the side and looks towards her husband “why is he coming?”

“Because I petition the Supernatural Council to recognize our pack. We have met the minimum requirements for pack status.” Job knew it wouldn’t take much time once a few lone wolves heard there was a new pack forming.

“Was I one reason you needed?” Erin wonders if she had something to do with their pack status.

“Come mere sweetie.” Job holds his hand out for her.

Erin stands up and walks around his huge oak desk and takes his hand. The next thing she knew, he was pulling her onto his lap.

“No, you aren’t one of the reason. For a pack to be recognized by the council, is that they must have four core members first off. Secondly,
they must have a minimum of ten members. Secondly, you must petition the council for recognition and be investigated by either Bryan
Hudson, Alan Sparger or Clark Leon. Bryan is normally the one you want to come because he is considered a neutral party.”

“I never knew Were-Wolf politics were so complex.” Erin lays her head on Job’s shoulder.

“You haven’t seen or heard anything yet.” He kisses her on the lips.

After he finishes kissing her. She looks into his green eyes “are they staying here on the ranch with us or in the city?”

“They will be accepting our hospitality here at the ranch.”

“Then I better make sure the guest rooms are ready. How many are coming?” Hopefully, Lento already knew about this.

“At least five. Bryan is bringing his pilot’s, his assistant and another member of his with him.” Job had received a text from Bryan asking if it was alright if his pilot’s stay at the ranch during their visit.

8:00 P.M. Greensboro Airport
Ginny had fallen asleep on their flight. Bryan worked on some paperwork, while Stephen played a video game. After six hours of flying, Denver lands the Lear at Greensboro airport. Ginny jerks awake startled, and ready to jump out of her seat.

“Everything is okay, Ginny.” Stephen puts his hand on hers and calms her Coywolf down.

The plane comes to a complete stop “Okay, you can start getting off.”

Charlie comes forward from the cockpit and opens the door. He has flown with Denver several times before. He exits the plane and notices an SUV waiting for them.

“Come on sleepy head.” Stephen helps Ginny to the SUV and lets her take the back seat.

While Ginny naps, the guys unload the Lear and secure it.

Once everyone is in the SUV, Bryan drives them towards their destination. Which will take additional forty five minutes to get to.

up
174 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice that you can get history

Nice that you can get history right from the "horse's mouth" or in this case the "Wolf's mouth." Would interesting to learn some of it as seen thru Job's eyes and memories.

Not quite immortal,

But unless a were gets hit by a large enough amount of silver to kill them before their body can recover, they could live for a very long time.

I have no problem with seeing a were who has lived for over 1200 years still being alive now. Job McCoy is obviously smart and careful.

In my story "The Hidden Ones", which I posted here a few days ago, I mentioned that one of the natural weres that were present throughout that meeting with Ed Simons was over 500 years old, having been born in France, just outside of the city of Paris, in early 1509.

I'm not sure if I inferred there that there were even older natural weres in that pack, but it would be likely.