Burger Queen Chp. 8

Printer-friendly version

Alissa couldn’t believe she finally got her food truck. She walks around examining and testing everything out. She couldn’t believed how clean it was and that everything was working. She looks over towards Jimmy as he stood by and watched her.

Alissa exists the truck and walks over towards Jimmy and gives him a big hug. Tears were coming down her face. The truck was completely done. Bobby did the artwork on the truck and it had turned out beautiful.

She even did the menu. She had tricked Alissa in telling her what the burgers were going to be and how much she was charging for each burger, sides, and drinks. A facebook page had been created and a twitter account had been set-up as well.

“Jimmy, you did an amazing job on the truck.” She releases him and steps back.

“I’m glad you like it. Because I have another surprise for you. I managed to save you some money. All the repairs and items came to
$35,000.00. So, here is a check for $15,000.00.” Jimmy hands the check to Alissa.

“Thank you, Jimmy.” Alissa tucks the check into her pants pocket.

“You’re welcome, Alissa. So, what is the next step?”

“I have to get it inspected by the health department. All who are working on it need to have their food handler cards.” Alissa was dreading the health inspection.

If it wasn’t for the mayor helping that once, she would have lost her license. The inspector she had last time had tried to blackmail her for more money. Hopefully, this time around she’ll get an honest inspector.

“Well, since the truck is ready. Let me treat you and your guys to a huge lunch.” Alissa heads towards her catering truck and starts setting up the grill she brought with her.

While she handles the grill, Gregory pulls everything else out that she had prepared. He sets the food up, while she cooks. He also breaks out the keg of beer she promised them for doing the job.

The whole entire evening her and Gregory feed Jimmy and his crew. Jimmy’s crew had invited their family to come up and partake in the food. Alissa had done a big spread for them. They had everything from hamburgers and hot dogs, to hot wings, ribs, and barbecue.

She watches as the crew and their family enjoys the food. Gregory makes sure only the adults get the beer. He checks anyone he has doubts about. When people start leaving, Alissa and Gregory start packing up everything. Any leftovers they have, they’ll take down to the shelter tomorrow morning.

“Gregory, I want to drive the truck home. Can you drive the van?” Alissa couldn’t wait to get behind the wheel of the truck.

“Okay, be careful.” Gregory gets in the van and leads the way.

Alissa couldn’t how well it responded to her. She carefully drove the truck back to her place and backed it up into the driveway near the garage. She was going to load it up with the spices and everything she’ll need.

“So, how did it handle?” Gregory comes walking around to her.

“It drove fantastically. I didn’t know it could run so well.” Alissa had known her uncle always had problems starting it.

Now all she had to do was just turn the key and it fired right on over. She runs her hand along the surface of the truck. Bobby did one hell of a job painting what she wanted on it.

“Come on, help me load the leftovers into the walk in.” Gregory carries a tray into the garage.

Alissa picks up a tray and carries it into the walk in. She notices they had six trays and several containers of sides left. She sets aside some wings to have later.

“Hey, what do we do with eh rest of the beer?” Gregory felt the keg is about a quarter full.

“Well, we can either finish it off or turn it in like it is.” Alissa has already paid for it.

“I think I’ll invite some of the guys over tomorrow and finish it off.” Gregory figures a good poker game would be fun.

“Sounds like a plan to me.” Alissa finishes putting everything away, except the wings she set aside for herself.

“What would you like for the poker game tomorrow?” As Alissa heads towards the house.

“Well, how many wings do we have left?” Gregory figures, wings, subs, pizza.

“How about wings, four different type of subs and a few pizzas?” He looks at Alissa to see what she thought.

Alissa thinks about it “that does sound like a good idea. I’ll make some appetizers for everyone to munch on.”

Alissa fixes them a light dinner. She reheated her wings for herself and make some mini-tacos for Gregory. He likes her mini-tacos. Once she had their dinner ready, they select a movie to watch.

Alissa cuddles up to Gregory after she finishes eating. She doesn’t know what she would do without him by her side. He has helped make her dream come true.

Next Day:
Alissa wakes to her alarm on her phone going off. She stretches as she gets out of bed. Gregory was still asleep next to her. She heads towards the bathroom and does her business. She grabs her robe and put it on as she heads towards the kitchen and brews some coffee.

As she is waiting for the coffee to brew, she goes over what she needs to do today. She needs to get the truck set-up with supplies. She needed to take the leftovers she has down to the shelter and set-up for the poker game tonight.

Alissa feels a set of strong arms wrap around her waist and a kiss on her cheek. She returns the kiss and smile at Gregory.

“What were you thinking about?” As Gregory holds Alissa’s waist.

“What needs to be done today.” Alissa leans against Gregory.

“Well, we can set the truck up tomorrow. Because you won’t get an inspector out here over the weekend.”

“I know. Tomorrow, I don’t have any catering work. So, it would be a good time setting the truck up.” Alissa leans forwards and pours her coffee.

Gregory lets go of Alissa’s waist as he waits for her to fix her coffee. Once she was done, he fixes himself a cup. After the two of them finishes their coffee and get dress. They load the van up with the leftovers and take them down to the shelter. After visiting the shelter, they go and do some grocery shopping.

Gregory and Alissa had called people they knew for the poker game tonight at Alissa’s house. Bobby was coming over to help serve the food. She didn’t like gambling, so didn’t mind helping to serve the food and drinks.

Their friends show up at 7:00 p.m. Bobby and Alissa start setting out the food. As Alissa heading back to the house kitchen.

“Bobby, you did an amazing job with the paint and menu on the truck.”

“Thanks, Alissa. I was wondering if your offer still stands to work with you on it?” Bobby found out she needed more money to see her psychiatrist.

“Yep, my offer still stands. You always have a job with me. There is one thing we must do though. I need for you to get a food handler license.
I’ll pay for it, for you.” Alissa was going to make sure to cover all her bases.

“Thanks again.” Bobby liked that Alissa was a good friend and was willing to help her out.

“Any time. Now, let’s feed our hungry poker players.” Alissa grabs a tray loaded with several types of subs and carry them into the living room, where the poker game was going on.

up
202 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

One word. NICE.

One word. NICE.