Nora Midnight Part 21

Printer-friendly version

“This is so cool!” Ginger was sitting up in the cockpit, while Patricia flew the Lear.

She was on her way back from South America picking up the Lear, Jack kept down there. When she was contacted by Cheshire to fly to Memphis International Airport to pick some people up. She was informed that Jack had approved the change in the flight plan.

When she landed and refueled in Memphis, she picked up three adults and two teenage girls. According to the information she received from Cheshire, these were friends of hers and Jack’s. She was given pictures of each person and their names.

The first-person Patricia met was Nora Midnight. She looked like a younger version of Cheshire herself, except she was Hispanic. Then there was another lady standing next Nora, with short dark brown hair and an ample chest. She was a little shorter then Nora. She looked like she had some Irish in her. Standing next to Nora and Kelly was a woman who looked to be in her late teens and early twenties and she had blonde hair and was about Nora’s height.

Then there were two teenagers. One had red hair and was dressed in a nice dress that showed her figure off. The other girl had short dark brown hair as well and was shorter than the one named Ginger. Patricia notices she stayed near Nora’s side. She wasn’t very tall, and she was the opposite of the one named Ginger. Instead of wearing a nice dress and such. She wore tight blue jeans and a nice camisole. She had on
very little makeup, where ginger looked like she was going on a date.

“Hi, I’m Patricia O’Hare and I will be your pilot.” Patricia had a pleasant smile on her face.

“Hi Patricia, I’m Nora Midnight and this is my wife, Kelly Midnight. These are our daughters Christina, Ginger, and Melody.” Nora motions to the girls.

“It’s nice to meet you. Mrs. Cheshire that I’m to take you to Hawaii, where she will meet us. The Lear doesn’t have any snacks, so if you would like to go and grab some snacks. We can wait for a while, before taking off.” Patricia tries to keep the Lear’s stack with snacks, but since she just came from South America, picking this one up.

She hasn’t had time to stock it up. It was going to be taken directly to Jack’s ranch for Gina to use. Gina was planning on spending a week with Arnold and her adopted daughter. She hasn’t met the girl yet, but if Gina was taking on the responsibilities of being a mother. Then the girl must be special.

“How long is the flight to Hawaii?” Nora and Kelly were curious.

“It’s an 8-hour flight, but I will be landing in California to refuel before heading to Honolulu.” Patricia always made sure the tanks were full before crossing the Pacific Ocean.

“Why don’t we get something in California, while the plane is being refueled?” Kelly didn’t mind waiting.

“Okay, well, in that case, let’s get you luggage stow away and up in the air.” Patricia starts loading the luggage they had brought with them.

Once they were loaded and had taken off into the skies, Patricia had offered to let the girls come up and sit in the co-pilot seat. Ginger had taken her up on her offer. Melody was scared and didn’t want to leave Nora’s and Kelly’s side.

Nora notices how scared Melody was “everything is going to be okay, Melody. I have flown lots of times, Melody.”

Christina was reading the letters she had been given for her hospital stay and what to expect. She didn’t mind flying. She has already flew once, but not in a private plane.

When they land in California to refuel, Nora and Ginger leave to grab some snacks and lunches for everyone. Once they were back aboard the plane and up into the air. It didn’t take them long to land in Honolulu. When the plane comes to a complete stop. Nora notices Cheshire, Tizzy and a younger teenage girl was waiting for them. They had brought an SUV and a silver Dodge Challenger.

Patricia comes and opens the door. She stands aside as Nora goes first followed by Kelly. Christina and the girls go last. Patricia follows the girls.

Cheshire watches as her friend Nora and her family follow her out of the plane. Tizzy was standing next to her mother with her little sister on the other side of Cheshire. Krisha watches as her mother’s friends disembark the black Lear. She knew it belonged to her uncle Jack.

“Nora, its good to see you.” Cheshire gives Nora a hug.

Nora returns the hug “let me introduce my family to you, Cheshire. You already know Kelly. We finally got married.” Nora holds up her ring finger to show Cheshire.

“Congratulations. I see Christina has changed some.” Cheshire spotted Christina standing with Ginger and Melody.

“Yep, I’ve managed to keep her from playing hero.” Nora smiled at Christina.

“Well, I want to thank you again, Christina, for saving my daughter and my niece's life.” Cheshire gives her a hug.

Tizzy walks over towards Christina “so, I owe you my life?”

“No, I did what you would have done.” Christina knew what she did was right, and she wasn’t looking for any repayment.

“If there is anything I can ever do for you, Christina. Feel free to call on me and my cousins. I know they would like to repay you for what you did.” Tizzy gives Christina hug.

“Thank you.” Christina was blushing.

Nora had been watching “this is our oldest daughter Ginger and our youngest daughter Melody.”

Cheshire looks at both girls and could tell right away that Ginger was the more adventures of the two. She could tell from Melody’s body language that Melody didn’t like to far form Nora or Kelly.

“Allow me to introduce my youngest daughter.” She motions for Krisha to step forward.

Krisha steps next to her mother.

“This is my daughter Krisha.” Cheshire had her in a loving embrace.

“It's nice to meet you, Krisha.” Nora notices that the girl was from some Middle Eastern country.

“It’s nice to meet you as well, Mrs. Midnight. Mom has told me so much about you.” Krisha had told her about Midnight being a school teacher
and a former DSS agent.

“Oh? I hope it was all good.” Nora glances towards her friend.

Cheshire just gives her that smile of hers. After all, she was named Cheshire. Cheshire looks at Christina “so, you have finally decided to have the operation?”

“Yes, ma’am. Ginger is jealous.” Christina looks at her little sister.

“Well, I am.” Ginger wanted to get rid of her birth defect.

“I know how you feel Ginger. I used to be where you are now.” Tizzy walks over to Ginger.

Melody looks at Tizzy and couldn’t believe the beautiful woman before her use to be a boy. She examines her but couldn’t find any signs she uses to be a boy.

“Y-You use to be l-like-e my s-sister-r?” Melody looks at Tizzy.

“Yep, I use to be exactly like your sister. I was so depressed about not having a girl’s body, that I had thought about killing myself. If my mother
hadn’t come along when she did. I might have gone through with my plan. I worked hard to get the body I have now and the husband I have as well.”

“Y-Your-r m-married-d?” Melody was surprised.

“Yep. I have been married for the past five months since we finished that case Christina saved me and my cousins.” Tizzy and Ikaika had gotten married in a secret ceremony. The only people there was her mother and Ikaika’s parents.

She knew her cousins were disappointed about not being there, but after she went through what she did. She didn’t want to die without marrying Ikaika. She knew Julia had married her childhood friend and the only one who wasn’t married yet was Gina. She Gina was planning an October wedding. Arnold will be done with law school and be a full fledged lawyer.

“Well, let's go and get you to get settle in. That goes for you as well Patricia. You are required to take two days off to relax, Jack’s orders.”
Cheshire looks towards Patricia when she says that.

“Hey, I’m not going to argue. You guys pay and treat me too good.” Patricia taxi the plane to a hangar Jack keeps in Honolulu and secure the Lear.

“Till you have your operation Christina, you’ll be staying at my condo in Honolulu. Once you go through the operation, you’ll be staying with me at my house.” Cheshire figures she could look after Christina like she did Tizzy while she recovers.

“Patricia, Jack has made arrangements with the hotel near my condo for you to relax and enjoy yourself. He’s picking up the tab for your stay. So, feel free to enjoy yourself.”

“Oh, I will.” She had a company card Jack gave her to use.

As they are heading towards the condo “Mrs. Cheshire, mom said you raise large cats and that you have a Liger as a pet?”

A sly smile appears on her face “I do have a Liger and so does Tizzy. I’ll introduce you to them tomorrow. We also have a pair of clouded leopards that a friend of mine rescued from a poacher that I’m teaching Krisha to raise.”

“Are they native to China and the Himalayan foothills?” Nora was curious about how she managed to get a pair.

“Yep, they are, and my friend knew I was the foremost authority on endangering cats. Plus, he also knew I would kill anyone who came for them.” Cheshire was known by a few people as a very protective person when it came to endangered animals.

“Remind me not to ever get on your bad side.” Ginger couldn’t believe that this small oriental woman was so deadly. She was about the same height as her mother, but twenty years older.

Tizzy was following her mother with Krisha riding with her. She looks at her younger sister “so, what do you think of mom’s friends so far?”

Krisha thinks about Tizzy’s question “you and mom said that the blonde hair girl rescued you and cousin Julia and Gina from a burning building?”

“Yep, she risked her life to pull us, the wolves and US Marshal’s out of a burning building. If she hadn’t done that. I would be dead right now along with Julia and Gina.” Tizzy just shivers thinking about that day.

“Mom is paying for her SRS surgery?”

“Yep, she said she would. Hell, Uncle Jack would pay for her surgery for what she did. Mom and Uncle Jack take honor and debt seriously.
That’s what makes them so deadly. They live by a code. That code of theirs says that they owe that young lady for saving our lives. Also, that woman that has become Christina’s mother, is as deadly as mom. Mom taught Nora when she was with the CIA. Mom said that she was her star pupil. She thought for sure Nora would stay in Black Op’s, but Nora got tired of all the assignments and killing. She decided to go back to be an ordinary DSS agent.”

“What was uncle Jack?” Krisha knew a little about her uncle.

“He was MI 6 and had SAS training. He carried a license to kill. Most MI 6 agents weren’t allowed to kill unless it was self-defense. Uncle Jack
was like mom, he did black op’s assignment for the British government.” If Nora is like mom, why did she become a school teacher?” Krisha was curious why someone with her skill set would change.

“I’m betting it’s because of the two young girls she has now. Mom got out of the game because she was tired of it. Uncle Jack got out because
of our cousins. He wanted to spend his time raising them and taking a more active role in the business he was building.” Krisha thinks about what her sister told her.

Ginger and Melody were watching where they were going. They were loving the sights they were seeing so far.

“Cheshire does the building your condo is at have a pool and can you go down to the beach as well?” Ginger was curious.

Cheshire looks at Ginger in the rear-view mirror “you can call me auntie Cheshire if you like, Ginger. I consider your mom and her family as part of my family now. Also, to answer your question, it has a beach and a swimming pool you can use.”

up
214 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

What a family and a great

What a family and a great circle of friends. No-one in their right mind would or should ever go up against them, because it would definitely be the last thing they would do.

Their Right Mind?

I think it is pretty much a given that criminals are not in their right mind. That's why I get a laugh out of the Not Guilty By Reason Of Insanity defense. Duh, they are criminals, of course they are insane! It is entirely possible to be clever, even a genius, and still be criminally insane. That does preclude certain types of crimes. For instance, a man stealing food to feed his family may have broken the law, but he has a moral obligation that is greater than the law.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

He thinks someone talks too much

Somehow I doubt if the parent units would like to past revealed so in detail, with my swiss cheese memory I appreciate it though.

It explains some of Nora's

It explains some of Nora's talent that are similar to Cheshire. Like walking out of the shadows like Cheshire does. How quiet she is when she moves. Also, some of her more advance training that most DSS agents don't get. In one of the chapters there was mention of a picture Kelly saw of Nora standing with a group of men.

Tizzy has known what her mother did since the first day Cheshire rescued and adopted her. She learned about Jack from files Cheshire keeps and pictures she has of the two of them. plus, Julia and Gina filling in gaps.

The three of them may not have followed their parents, but they are the product of their parents training.

Scarlett.jpg“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison