Eyes Finally Opened Part 22

Printer-friendly version

“Thanks, Daigh for the information.” Cain hangs the phone up as he leans back in his chair.

“What did Daigh have to say about getting in touch with this Leto person?” Lady April was curious because she had never heard of her before and neither had her sister.

“Daigh said it is easy to summon Leto. All you must do is say her name out loud and clear and she’ll appear. He said out of all the Demi-gods and goddess he has dealt with, she is the most normal of them.” Cain couldn’t believe Daigh has dealt with so many demi-god/dress.

“Does she ask for anything in return for her healing services?” Lady April would pay it to save her daughter.

“No, she doesn’t.” Cain stands up and walks to the center of his office and in a clear loud voice LETO, I SUMMON YOU!”

Delphi, Greece, Temple of Apollo:

Gorgo looks up from her perch on a nice warm boulder she had curled up on. Someone was summoning Leto for help. She didn’t recognize the voice or the person who was summoning Leto.

She jumps down from her boulder and goes to locate Leto. She knew her companion/ward liked to keep busy. She checks Leto’s normal spots before she finds her in the orchard picking peaches and apples. She could never understand how Leto could be the most grounded demi-goddess she knew. She has known a few, but Leto was more flower child, then a stuck-up goddess.

“What is on your mind Gorgo?” Leto picks another peach off the trees in her garden.

“You are being summoned by an unknown person in Montana.” Gorgo sits and wraps her tail around the front of her body.

“Do you know who is summoning me?” Leto turns around with her basket almost full of picked fruit.

“No, ma’am. I have no idea who it is.” Gorgo has never felt the energy of the summon before.

“Well, let’s go and see who needs us, then.” Leto spots a few more peaches and apples that needed to be picked and cause them to fill her basket up.

She’ll give this basket to whoever it is that is summoning her. She concentrates on the person who called her named out and teleports there.
She knew Gorgo will catch up to her, as she appears in a good furnish office.

Cain’s office, Montana:
Cain had called out Leto’s name like he had been instructed to do. He had felt kind of foolish doing it, but he has known Daigh for a long time and knew it was the same way he would summon Sparrow, except he would direct his request to a shadow.

He looks over towards his wife and sister-in-law “do you think Daigh was pulling a joke on me?”

Just as Lady Joyce was about to answer his question. A woman with long auburn color curly hair and fair skin wearing a white spaghetti strap sundress appears with a basket in her hands filled with white apples and red and yellow peaches. A few seconds after she appears, a huge fluffy black fur bobcat appears and is standing next to her.

When the woman looks at Cain, he notices she had golden color pupils. Everyone in the room could feel no power from this woman at all.

“Hi, I’m Leto and I thought you might like this gift.” As Leto holds the basket out to Cain.

Cain is stun at how ordinary the woman before him looks. He was expecting someone tall and powerful. He accepts the basket filled with white skinned apples and red & yellow peaches. His nose was picking up a hint of vanilla and jasmine off her body.

“I think you broke them, Leto.” Gorgo had a smirk on her face.

Here she was among a group of Were-Tigers and they were tongue-tied. She shakes her head as she watches the person who called Leto set the full basket down on the huge hand-carved oak desk behind.

Lady Joyce was the first to recover from seeing this young woman “thank you for coming. We didn’t think it would work, just calling your name.”

Leto directs her gaze over towards a dirty blonde hair woman. She had the type of build a lot of of models would die for.

“I get that sometimes and its alright. If you don’t mind me asking, why did you summon me?” Leto wasn’t upset. She didn’t mind being summoned.

“We summoned you, because of my daughter.” Lady April had stood up off her chair to speak to Leto directly.

Leto directs her gaze to this other woman. She notices she had curly light brown hair and was a Were-Tiger as well.

“What is wrong with your daughter?” Leto was curious because could sense that both women had the healing talent inside of them.

“She’s dying from being infected by bad ruby from a necromancer. She was bitten over a hundred times defending herself and protecting a
young girl.” Lady April felt that this young woman before her should know everything.

“Hhhmm, may I see her?” Leto was concerned, because if these women couldn’t heal this child, then it was very serious.

“Yes, if you’ll follow me please.” Lady April leads the way to Amy’s bedroom.

When they arrive at the door to Amy’s room. They find Arya laying outside her bedroom door asleep. Lady April kneels and picks her sleeping daughter up off the floor.

“I’m sorry about that. She’s concerned about her sister.” Lady April holds Arya close to her.

Leto just smiles “it’s fine. My daughter was just like her.” Leto remembers finding Angela asleep next to a Snow Leopard she rescued and healed.

Lady April opens the bedroom door and the smell inside was terrible. It smelled like a spoiled rotting body.

“Man, what is causing that smell?” Gorgo couldn’t believe the smell and she has been around a lot of dead bodies before.

“Death magic.” Leto walks in and notices a teenage girl with wrinkle skin that was showing her skull underneath it.

The girl was completely bald and had sores and boils all over her body. It looked like her flesh was just rotting away from her.

“We have done everything we can to stop what whatever is affecting her, but we haven’t been able to slow it down. If nothing else, it just seemed our healing was just speeding the effects up.” Lady April was worried about her daughter.

“Whoever did this to your daughter, used death magic and a curse to affect her. It is a good thing you called me when you did. Any latter and I would have to raise her from the grave.” With a thought a box appears with all sorts of vials, dry plants and bottles of liquids.

“First we need to get rid of the curse.” Leto starts glowing a bright gold color.

Those in the room had to shield their eyes to keep from going blind. They watch as Leto places one hand on Amy’s bald head and the other on her heart. The pressure in the room starts to build, as it pressed against everyone’s body. It keeps building and building. The pressure gets so bad in the room, it felt like it was going to cause the room to explode.

“You might want to open the windows.” Leto sends her power into Amy’s body causing it to shake and jump around on the bed.

Amy’s aura appears, and it was pitch black. You couldn’t see her body at all. It was slowly burning away exposing Amy’s body. As the golden
color traveled down her body, everyone could see the curse and disease affecting Amy being cleared away and gather into a golden ball.
When Leto gets to the end of Amy’s body “step aside please.” As she walks over towards the window.

Leto tosses the globe with the blackness in it up into the sky, sending it towards the sun where it will be burned away by her father. She turns around and walks over towards Amy’s unconscious form and place her hands back on her body. She was about to heal her muteness but stops and looks at the three adults gathered in the room.

“I can give her, her voice. Do you want me too?” Leto looks at Cain, Lady Joyce, and Lady April still holding a sleeping Arya.

Cain and Lady Joyce look towards April “she’s your daughter. Do you want to give her, her voice?”

Lady April looks down at Amy. She knew Amy would have liked her voice, so she could speak with people.

“Give it too her please. Will she be able to speak right away?”

“No, you're going to have to teach her how to use speech. I have to say I have never seen an Atlantean/human hybrid not be able to speak
before. Which one of you gave birth to her?” Leto looks towards Lady Joyce and Lady April.

“We didn’t. She was created in a lab by the Human Supremacist League.” Lady Joyce and everyone present was surprised that Amy was part Atlantean.

“Are you sure, Ms. Leto that Amy is part Atlantean?” Cain was curious about that.

“I’m very sure. If the rest of the gods found out there was an Atlantean/human hybrid running around. They will be very upset. The
Atlanteans are being punished for their arrogance for thinking they were gods. That was why they were sent away from this dimension. We
only allowed a handful of Atlanteans to escape, but they were made sterile, so they couldn’t have children.” Leto was curious where Amy came from.

“With you healing her, could Amy have children now?” Lady April was curious.

“Yes, everything that was wrong with her has been healed. She is fully capable of having children of her own. All the genetic mistakes that had been made in her make-up have been fixed as well. I suggest you let her rest for the next week. No heavy lifting or serious workout, till her body adjust to what has been done to it. I also would like for you to give her this drink three times a day.” Leto searches in her box and pulls a glass bottle filled with a golden color liquid.

Leto hands the bottle to Lady Joyce since Lady April had her hands full with a sleeping girl.

Lady Joyce accepts the bottle and is curious about what was inside it. She looks towards Leto.

“What is this liquid?”

A smile appears on Leto’s kind face “it’s a special mixture of ingredients that is suited for her Atlantean metabolism. Whatever, she has been
taken wasn’t doing her body any good. Now, that her body chemistry has been fixed, she’ll need to be on a special diet.” A scroll appears in her hand.

“This should be followed to the letter to maintain her body chemistry. Should she ever decide to have children, there are directions for that as well.” Leto hands the scroll to Cain.

“We’ll make sure she follows it. I do have one question. Will Atlantis ever return to this dimension?” Cain was curious.

“Maybe. The gods haven’t decided how long they want them to pay for their crimes. As for your daughter, I don’t know where the HSL found Atlantean DNA and how they managed to merge it with human DNA, but if there are more like her. It will draw the attention of the elder gods and there will be a big problem.” Leto knew the elder gods can be so anal retentive.

“Won’t they know, because of you helping Amy?” Cain was worried for Amy.

“Nope, my father would tell them to kiss off. He has made it clear that the elder gods can’t tell me who I can or can’t bring back to life or who I can or can’t heal. Even my grandfather won’t interfere with my purpose in life.” Leto knew the Elders gods wouldn’t bother her.

“Thank you, Leto. We are in your debt.” Cain looks at his wife and sister-in-law.

“No, you aren’t Cain. I never ask for anything in return. If you ever need me again. Just call me like you did. Until we meet again.” Leto and Gorgo disappear.

“Amy did say, she was something else but didn’t know what she was.” Lady April lays Arya down next to Amy.

“Who would have thought she was part Atlantean.” Lady Joyce couldn’t believe it.

She and her sister have healed and examine Amy a thousand times, but never realize she was part Atlantean.

Several Weeks Later:
Amy was sparing with Troy as she pushes herself. She was trying to get back to her old fighting speed. So, far she was doing a hell a lot better. It seemed she had more energy and that her body was responding better than it ever had.

“You’re doing a lot better, Amy.” Troy couldn’t believe how much better Amy was getting. He was also getting use to hearing her voice as well.

“Thanks, T-Troy-y.” Amy was still getting used to speaking.

She was so used to not being able to talk at all. Since she has been healing. She has found out that she is able to do things she couldn’t before. She asked her mother what was going on, but all she would tell her was that a demi-goddess had healed her and that she had done a few things to her body.

“Break time, Amy.” Troy was under strict orders to make Amy take breaks and drink the liquid that had been left for her.

Every time it got low, it would refill itself. When Cain and Lady April asked what it tasted like, all Amy could say was apple juice. It tasted like
apple juice to her. When Lady April tasted it, it tasted like bitter grapes. It didn’t taste too great to her and numb her mouth.

Amy sat cuddled against her mother as they watched a movie later that evening. She was on one side of her mother and her little sister was on the other side of Lady April. Amy felt better and couldn’t wait to discover what she was.

up
191 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

i think I have said this before

but I really love this story. i don't think it is over yet but I suspect it is getting close.

Interesting outcome of the

Interesting outcome of the healing that Leto performed. First removing the curse, then healing Amy's body and also giving her her voice. Very nice.

Part Atlantean. Hmm...

That might explain why Amy was as good as she was before Leto showed up to heal her. By what Leto said, if they had waited any longer to call her to give Amy her healing than they had, Leto would have been forced to call Amy back from the grave, i.e., Amy would have died.

So now Amy is healed from the huge amount of tainted ruby that she got from the bites in that big battle.

Even better, she now has her voice, which means she has to learn to talk, something she has never been able to do before.

The end of this chapter tells us Amy is working out and fighting better now than she ever did. Another 'gift' from Leto, perhaps?

wow

Great chapter... can't wait for more. Wondering what additional abilities she will have now.