Travel Through Time and Space Part 3

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Caution: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Elements: 

TG Themes: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 

It didn’t take much convincing for Andy to fly out to England to see his good friend William. The two of them have been friends since they were in elementary school. He sits back in his seat and look out the portal window.

His mother had given the okay to use the company plane to fly to England. He was going to meet up with his friend at the British Museum. According to his friend, he had found an object that had been forgotten about for the past 135 years. He was surprised that no one followed up on it or found it.

Andy picks up the pictures that William had found on the object and sent to him. One picture was the object itself. It was in the shape of an elongated cat, except the back was flatten, instead of normal. The second picture showed the hieroglyphs on the cat object. Everything looked fine except the image of some weird shape bird. It was so small and close to another, you would overlook it, but Williams hadn’t. He was very detail about everything he did. Sometimes it drove him nuts, but he liked his friend William.

He continued to look through the pictures his friend sent and some of the translation he did of the object. The writing on the object said he was cast out from the sky in a fiery explosion and crashed out into the desert. Further down the cat flattened end was writing saying that he and his chariot were buried according to his instructions.

That peaked Andy’s curiosity and his friends Williams curiosity as well. He continues to look over the notes Williams sent him and where this hidden burial spot was. William determined that the location was right under the Temple of Osiris. There was writing on the flat end of the statue that hinted at it. He closes the files and takes a sip of his whiskey.

He looks at his watch and notices he still had a few hours before they land, so he could get a nap in. He leans the seat back after finishing his whiskey and closes his eyes for a short nap. As he drifts off to sleep, he wonders what they will find out under the temple of Osiris.

Aero Flight Industries, Emery County, Utah:
Patricia was out running laps on the one runway Aero Flight only uses for their biggest airplanes. She had gotten up early and changed into exercise clothes that Alice, Janet’s oldest daughter had lent her to wear. The two of them wore the same size. Ghost had stayed with Janet all night long going over what happened to them. She knew Janet would stay up, till she found some reason that a rift had opened and dragged them to the past.

Tammie asked her not to leave the grounds. She knew she could leave if she wanted too, but she had to much respect for Tammie and didn’t want to be beaten to a bloody pulp when she got back. She was the one person she has never been able to beat in a sparring match.

The heat from the Utah desert didn’t bother her much. She could withstand hotter environments as well extreme cold. The government put a lot of testing and training into her before they allowed her to ever touch a joystick. By the time she finishes her laps. She had done over two hundred laps and was barely breaking a sweat.

Ivy had stepped outside to see what Patricia was up too. One of the guards assigned to watch over her, had reported that she was out on runway tango doing laps. She had taken one of the golf carts that they kept at the mountain complex out to her. She also took a cold bottle water with her as well. She watched Patricia do two hundred laps up and down the runway like it was nothing to her.

When she finished “I have a bottled water for you, Pat.”

“Thanks.” Patricia walks over and accepts the water.

“Is that your normal warm-up?” Ivy was curious about Patricia and how she came to possess her abilities.

“Nope, I normally swim three hundred laps and jog thirty miles with an 80-pound weighted backpack.” Pat takes a sip of the water.

“God were you, engineered or something?” Ivy was curious why she did that.

“Nope, I’m a genetic adnominally. The doctors that examine me when I was inside my mother’s womb. They couldn’t determine how my genetics got to be like they were. They have no idea how I was born with my gifts or why I was born with them. Just like how you and your siblings were born with extreme intelligence. Your mother and aunt are genius’s, but your father’s Intelligence isn’t even near your mothers. He was a talented tactician and leader, but not as smart as your mother or her twin sister.” Patricia knew both families rather well.

“You knew my father as well?” Ivy was curious about her father. She was young when he died.

“I only know what your older siblings told me and what is in your mother’s private server says about him. He was someone I would had loved to have as a father figure in my life.” Patricia thinks about her own family members.

Her mother was intelligent, and her father was extremely talented. When she turned fourteen years old. He was killed while away on a mission.
Ivy looks at Patricia and wonder if they were related somehow? The only person in their family currently that had red hair, was her cousin Sasha Wolfhart. Her aunt was blonde like her mother, except when she went on stage to perform.

They were heading back to the entrance that went into the main tunnel that leads to the elevators that took them up to operations.

“I could never figure out why your mother took an abandon copper mine and turned it into her main headquarters.” Patricia just watches where they were going.

“Mom figured that the natural defenses of the rock would protect the place and make it harder for people to break in or ease drop with
surveillance equipment. Also, there’s no way you can explain why you are out in the middle of the desert.” Ivy had wondered the same thing about why her mother turned an abandon copper mine into her headquarters.

They park the golf cart and Ivy walks with Patricia to the room she was assigned. They walk into the room.

“Do you have a room here in the future?” Ivy was curious.

“Yep, this exact same room as a matter of fact.” Patricia had asked Tammie to assign her this room. Mainly, because it put her close to her fighter.

“So, you conned my mother asking for this room?” Ivy had a smile on her face.

“Yep.” Patricia flops down in the armchair in the room. She had a smile on her face.

“I still can’t get over how young you look. The Ivy I know is married and has two twin girls.” Patricia knew she let that info slipped out, but Ivy was her friend.

“I have twin girls?” Ivy looks at Patricia in shock.

“Yep, two beautiful light brown hair girls.” Pat wishes she could show her the pictures she had of them.

“I think I better stop before you tell me who my husband will be.” Ivy wanted to wait on that.

“Fine with me. By the way, where is your brother Andy right now?” Patricia was curious where he was.

“He’s on his way to England right now. His friend William called him and said he stumbled onto something very important.” Ivy had answered the call and got permission from their mother to take a company jet to England.

“So, it begins.” Pat connections to Ghost mentally to let him know.

Janet’s Office:
Janet was still looking over the scans Ghost did, when something catches her eyes. She pulls the image in more and notices something hanging back near the moon.

“Ghost, what is that object in the background near the moon?” She has been missing it all night long.

Ghost searches thru his memory banks to identify what the object is but couldn’t match it to anything in his memory.

“Object is unknown.” Ghost couldn’t identify it.

“Can you sharpen up that area of space?” The scan wasn’t the greatest in that area.

Ghost sharpens up the image and filters the scans, but still, nothing showed up in his memory banks. He records the image for later.

“Still can’t identify it Ghost?” Janet was curious and wishes they could go back and identify it.

“Affirmative.”

Janet walks over to her coffee marker and fixes herself a cup of coffee. She has a sinking feeling that whatever the vessel was they found was
responsible for Ghost and Patricia being here. The question is, why send them in the first place?

up
262 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I'd forgotten about this story.

WillowD's picture

And given that the last chapter was only a week ago, and I really, REALLY liked it, it just shows how many awesome stories are being published at BCTS lately. I look forward to the next chapter.

I love good scifi

which this definitely falls under.

I'm now wondering if there

I'm now wondering if there will be a group of people making a time travel expedition into Egypt very shortly, with Ghost and Patricia leading the way?

That might be a little tough

That might be a little tough considering they don't know what caused her to time travel in the first place.

Diverse

How many story lines do you have ?
I like this one, but what happens if Ivy bumps into herself ?

Story lines

Right now there are only two story lines. Andy going to England and Janet, his mother trying to figure out what the craft she spotted in the sensory scan Ghost had.

Scarlett.jpg“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison