A New Home Chapter 14

Printer-friendly version

Jackie had a pleasant smile on her face. Her mom dropped Roberta right in the room her mate was in. She would have loved to see the expression on Roberta’s face when she woke up.

She had to work at the store. As she is standing at the register, her nose starts twitching. Several men in their late forties and early fifties stood before her. She recognized their scent as have been on Kayla when they found her. A low growl builds in her throat, but she stops. She will pass the information onto Joe and Asoese to take care of.

Jackie sends a mental message to Asoese of the men. She knew he was home with Kayla taking care of her. They were cooking outside on the grill.

Joe and Pauline on the other hand. Were like her and Asoese were when they found out the two of them were mates. Luckily, she wasn’t in heat at the time. Pauline on the other hand, was as ripe as a melon and Joe’s wolf made sure she was going to carry his cubs.

Moon Lake Pack House:
Asoese was outside cooking on the grill with Kayla helping him. He hears Jackie’s mental voice and saw the mental image of the two men she recognized. He receives her message of the two men and a growl escapes his lips.

“Is everything okay, daddy?” Kayla heard her adopted father growl.

“Everything is fine, Kayla. Your mother just sent me some information that wasn’t pleasant.” Asoese passes the information along to Joe.

“We’ll go after them when Kayla is in bed. I’ll Pauline stay with her.” Joe looks towards his wife while asking her to watch after Kayla tonight.

Pauline looks over towards Kayla as she tears into the thick deer rib Asoese gave her. She had barbeque sauce all over her lips and some on her nose.

“Are you sure she’s not a wolf?” Pauline bites into her rib meat.

“We’re sure.” Joe smiles as he watches Kayla tear into the rib meat.

Jackie continues her shift and by the time she gets off work. She was ready to go after the ones responsible for hurting Kayla. Once she was away from the store. She changes into her cougar form and starts tracking the two men. Their scents are old, but thanks to her being a Demi-goddess she could still track them.

She moves tracks them to an old hunter’s cabin about fifty miles from the pack house. She changes into her small house cat form and moves towards the cabin. Her nose was telling her that there were other Were’s here and they were smelling sick. She climbs a nearby tree to look inside and saw four men. There was a white hair, pale skin girl with a metal collar around her neck. She could tell that the poor girl had bruises all over her body and a bloody lip.

“Where are you, Jackie?” Asoese was searching for his wife.

“I’m in a tree near the cabin. There are four men inside with a white hair, pale skin girl. The poor thing looks like she has been used as a punching bag. I’m also picking up on four more Were scents coming from below the cabin.” Jackie jumps down and tries to find some sort of windows but couldn’t locate one.

She locates the cellar and the doors covering it were made of metal. There was a brass lock securing it. Her claws would break the lock in no time. The question was, was the doors booby trap?

She walks back looking for Joe and Asoese. She spots them coming from the woods.

“How is Kayla?” Jackie was concerned about her adopted daughter.

“She’s fine, her and Pauline were playing candy land when we left. Pauline said she’ll make sure she sticks to her bedtime.” Asoese couldn’t believe how natural Pauline was with Kayla.

“I think I found a way in or do you want to make a statement?” Jackie wanted to change to her Sabertooth form and let them get a close and personal look of her teeth.

Asoese could feel Jackie’s emotions and he knew his wife was pissed. He looks towards Joe “I think it might be best to let Jackie handle this.
She’s pissed big time and she wants these guys to meet her teeth.”

Joe looks at Jackie and he could sense how pissed she was. He also smelled the Were scents and they didn’t smell well.

“Go ahead Jackie and have your fun.” Joe knew when Jackie was pissed, she was mean.

“Thank you, Joe.” She backs up to get a running start.

She starts running and changing at the same time. Just as she hit the window, she was in her Saber form and let out a loud roar.

“Dam! I have never seen Jackie do that before.” Asoese was impressed with his wife.

The guys inside were startled when a large object came crashing through the glass window. They scatter out of the way as the creature before they roared very loudly. They have never seen anything like it before.

Jackie looks at one guy and swipes at him with her massive paw with her claws extended. The guy she swiped at, was cut in half. She feels bullets hit her body. A growl escapes her mouth as she swipes at him.

Joe and Asoese had the other two pinned on the floor with their muzzles near their throats. Asoese wanted to kill his man. He felt his wife’s anger.

Jackie changes forms. She walks over to the guys Asoese and Joe had pinned down on the floor.

She kneels next to one guy “why do you have the girl collared and why are there four Were’s here?”

The guy looks up at a woman with light brown hair and gold cat eyes looking at him. He continues to look into those golden glowing eyes.

“I said, why does the girl have a collar on and why are there sick Were’s here?” There was a growl in Jackie’s voice.

“Go to hell, bitch!” He spits at Jackie.

Jackie raise’s her hand with her fingernails turned into claws and was getting ready to bring them down on his face.

“Wait, Jackie.” Asoese knew his wife was extremely pissed and her cat wanted to kill this man.

An angry growl escapes Jackie’s human lips, as she looks at her husband. Her cat wanted to rip this guy’s heart out. Her cat wanted this man to pay for hurting their cub.

Asoese extends his influence around Jackie to clam her down. He hopes his wolf can lower her temper.

“Honey leave him to me and Joe. Go free the girl and the four others’.” Joe nudges his wife’s hand.

Jackie looks at her husband and stands up to walk away. She glances back as Asoese changes forms and knocks the guy out. She follows her nose down to a basement that had six cells. The girl she saw earlier was down there cowering in an empty cell. The other cells held another girl that was in bad shape and three teenage boys that didn’t look too healthy either.

She could smell that all four teenagers were Were. The white hair girl, she was a different story.

“I’m not going to hurt you. My name is Jackie and me and my friends are here to help you.” Jackie approaches the white hair girl carefully.

She kneels by her and checks her out. The poor thing looked like she had been as abused as Kayla had. She also spots track marks on the girl’s arms and legs.

Kirstie looks at the light brown hair woman kneeling next to her. Her eyes weren’t human looking, but cat looking. She looks at the woman
“who are you?”

“I’m Jackie. I and my friends are here to help you.” Jackie could see the fear in and defeat in the woman’s eyes.

“Can you tell me what they have been doing to you?” Jackie could smell that there was something wrong with this girl.

“They kept giving me some sort of drug, that made me do whatever they told me to do. I had no choice in the matter.” Kirstie hated what they made her do.

“I’m going to snap this collar off your neck.” Jackie gets ready to snap the collar.

“It has silver in it.” Kristie didn’t know if she was a Were. Silver would hurt her if she tried.

“Silver doesn’t bother me.” Jackie snaps the collar in half without a problem.

Kristie rubs the raw flesh around her neck “thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Now let’s go over here and free your friends.” Jackie walks over towards the cells.

“Be careful, the doors have silver in them.” Kristie had seen Jackie handle her silver collar, but the bars on the cell doors were thicker.

Jackie extends her claws and channels her magic through her claws. She slashes through the first door. The pieces from the cell door hit the floor. She does the same thing to the next three cells.

The three teenage boys just look at the woman that was freeing them. They spot two more guys come down the stairs that lead from the first floor. They leave their cells and stand together.

Jackie walks into the fourth cell and kneels next to the teenage girl. She had a swollen belly and wasn’t looking too well. Jackie places her hand on the girl’s belly and detected a child inside her womb. She was close to giving birth.

“Joe, we got a pregnant girl here.” Jackie picks her up off the floor carefully.

She cradles the girl carefully and carries her out to the guys. The poor thing was so malnourished and was ready to give birth at any time.

“We need to get her back to the pack house, fast.” Jackie shares some of her power with the girl, to balance her energies out.

Joe look at the others “come with us please.”

Asoese and Joe lead the four out of the cellar. He leads them to an SUV that belonged to one of the guys at the hunting cabin. Joe sends a message to the pack healer to be there when they get back to the pack house.

Jackie uses her energy to keep the pregnant girl she was holding, stable. The poor thing was in bad shape and needed help. She just hopes the girl makes it.

Joe takes the curves careful as he races to get the girl back to the pack house. He was concerned about the pregnant were Jackie was holding. He wonders if the child was Were as well.

They pull up in front of the pack house after a while. Jackie rushes the girl down to the medical room. The pack doctor was waiting for them.

Pauline had tucked Kayla in her bed. She had looked so cute as she held a cat that looked like one of Jackie’s form. She had gotten Joe’s message and got the house manager to prepare four rooms. When Jackie rushed by her with someone in her arms. She got concerned that it was a member of the pack.

Joe walks in with the three guys following him. Asoese escorted the other young girl. There was something about her that didn’t seem right.

Sakiya makes sure the newcomers are photographed to record their injuries. Then she makes each of them take a bath, while she whips up some nourishing food for them. She knew that these teenagers were going to need time to heal. She was concerned about the white haired girl. There was something weird about her.

up
197 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Love the story

but I have to admit to some confusion, I think I have some rereading to do.

Hmmm, a white haired very

Hmmm, a white haired very pale skinned girl who is not a Were? Wonder if she a FAE and was captured while helping others escape from where ever they were taken from?

Who has white hair?

Really, is there something odd about the white haired girl?

White Hair girl

That answer will be answered in the next chapter.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

More experiments

Jamie Lee's picture

More stupid humans thinking they can continue their experiments if they are far enough of the beaten path. Too bad they didn't bother to use soap when they bathe.

Others have feelings too.