Travel Through Time and Space Part 4

Printer-friendly version

“God, I have forgotten how sluggish the controls are of the Vector.” Patricia was flying one of the experimental fighter jets that Aero Flight Industries were experimenting with.

The Vector was their newest fighter and could do things the F-35C and F-22 Raptor couldn’t do. The fighter was armed with lasers and the targeting system was beyond anything they currently had. The targeting system could lock onto any missile aimed at it or the pilot could choose to outrun it. The stealth systems of the Vector made it almost invisible on current radar systems. The Chinese had a new system that could pick-up the Vector, but Janet was working on a countermeasure for it. Weather satellites could detect the Vector as it flew through the
atmosphere. The problem with the Vector is that by the time you picked it up. It would be on top of you.

Patricia puts it through its paces, being careful of the controls. The Vector wasn’t designed to react to her reaction times. Ghost couldn’t be flown by a normal pilot because of how sensitive his controls were. The Vector, on the other hand, didn’t have his reaction times.

“ATI Flight tower to Vector 1, it’s time to bring the bird back home.” Jackie had been keeping track of Patricia as she flew the fighter jet.

Jackie didn’t know where Mrs. Blake found the pilot she has been monitoring. The woman pushed the aircraft to the breaking point. She had never seen a pilot that worked for the company to do what she did with the fighter. She watches as the Vector lands and rolls towards the hangar.

“Where did Mrs. Blake get that pilot?” George had left his station and walked over to stand next to Jackie. He watches as the fighter rolled into hangar 4.

“Don’t know. Tammie said that she has clearance for any of our aircraft. They also have locked down hangar 14. No one is allowed over there, and they have posted guards outside the door to it.” Jackie was curious on what they were keeping in that hangar.

“Well, you know Mrs. Blake. She likes to keep her secrets.” George has worked for her since they constructed the latest base.

Hangar 4:
Samantha watches as Vector 1 rolled into the hangar. Her mother said to let the red hair woman that knew her by name, fly the fighter. She watches as Patricia parks the fighter in its original spot.

Patricia waits for the canopy to flip up as she climbs down from the cockpit. She takes her helmet off and shakes her hair. She looks over towards Sam, one of Janet’s daughters.

“Here, give me your pad please.” Patricia holds her hand out for it.

Sam hands it to her.

“Thanks.” Patricia uploads what she gathered from the flight computer and sensors throughout the fighter. She also adds in her own
recommendation from the older Vectors from her time frame.

Sam just watched as Patricia looked at the pad, after a few minutes with it. She looks up and at her. Sam wonders who this person was and how did her mother come across her.

Patricia hands the pad back to Sam “here you go, all done Sammy.”

Sam just gives her a dirty look at the name of Sammy. Only her oldest cousin on her mom’s side of the family calls her Sammy.

“Sorry, Sam. Your cousin Janus taught me the nickname he called you.” Pat liked Janus because he was fun to spar with. He was a special operative like his little sister Sasha.

“Who are you?” This girl knew things about her and her family that only a family member would know.

“I can’t tell you much, Sam. However, I can tell you this. I haven’t been born yet.” Patricia just gives her a Cheshire smile as she walks out of the hangar and up to Operations where Ghost was.

Mrs. Blake felt it was best to keep the Ghost craft hidden for now.

When she gets to Janet’s office, she knocks on the door.

“Enter” Janet was looking at the energy reading Ghost recorded of the rift and the reading his own hyperdrive gave off.

Patricia walks in and saw Ghost projecting readings from the scans she took and then his own reading of his hyperdrive. She notices they were similar in sensor readings. Patricia stood there and wonder what was going on.

Janet looks towards Patricia as she walked into her office “Pat, are there any research laboratories at the North Pole conducting Hyperspace research?”

“Not that I am aware of. If there was, I wouldn’t know anything about. Why do you ask?” Now Patricia was curious.

“I believe from Ghost sensor readings that someone at the North Pole was conducting Hyperspace research at the same time, this ship here was getting ready to open a jump portal.” Janet had access to everything Ghost had on the different faster than light engines they had where he came from. The energies the portal was giving off, was like the energies that surrounded Ghost when he entered hyperspace. Since, a jump engine opens a portal, the two energies cross and tore an opening into the fourth dimension.

“So, your saying we were drawn into the time dimension and ended up here?” Patricia was confused.

“It’s just a theory, but so far the information fit the facts.” Janet has been pouring over everything, only sleeping for a few hours. Her wife
Tammie knew when Janet was working on a problem. She never stopped until she either resolved the problem or came up with some sort of theory.

“Too bad I can’t confirm your theory.” Patricia was just a simple fighter pilot.

“Maybe, still Ghost is a remarkable computer system and the history he has shown me so far is amazing.” Janet had asked Ghost all sorts of
questions about where they had come from and the different versions of himself.

She knew it was dangerous and she could change the future, but according to Ghost. Nothing unusual has changed in his memory.

“You built him, so all he is, is what you made him to be. I gave my recommendation to your daughter Sammy about the Vector.” Patricia likes calling Samantha, Sammy.

Janet smirks when she hears Patricia call her daughter Sammy. Only her nephew called her that.

“You must hang out with Janus a lot.” Janet knew who nicknamed her daughter.

“He was one of my instructors and I spar with him off and on. He’s the head of your investigation department during my time and has five kids.” Patricia didn’t worry about telling Janet what her kids, nieces, and nephew are doing or have become.

London, England:
Andy couldn’t believe what he was seeing for himself on the object his friend had found. The pictures he sent didn’t do it justice. Andy examines the figurine in his hand.

“You say this has been here at the museum for the past 135 years?” Andy looks at his friend.

“Yes, it has been buried in the museum’s stored collection. I tried looking up who found it or donated it to the museum, but there are no records about it.” William watches his best friend Andy. Both came from rich families.

William knew Andy’s father had been a military officer and his mother was a famous Doctor and Scientist. He liked all of Andy’s sisters and
brothers. He only had two other siblings. Andy, on the other hand, had five other siblings. Andy’s twin sister was a doctor like her mother and Andy himself was a builder like his mother. He also did some special work like their cousins.

“So, what is your plan, William?” Andy looks at his friend with the statue in his hands.

“I want to go and see if the writing on the statue is true. Can you imagine if ancient people actually had Aliens among them?” William was excited about the find.

Andy looks around Williams work area and could tell he has been doing research on this statue. He turns and looks at William himself.

“You know we’ll need permission from the antiquity department of Egypt.” Andy knew how hard it was to get permission to take things out of Egypt.

“Come on Andy. You know they will want to send some of their people with us.” William had a few friends that worked for the antiquity department he could trust.

“I know.” Andy has dealt with them off and on. He knew a few people in the government that might turn their heads if they find something.

“When do you want to leave, William?” Andy puts the statue down on the table.

“Today, if we could.” William knew Andy had the resources to do this expedition.

Andy was shocked at what William was asking. This was completely out of character for his friend.

“Are you feeling okay? Normally, you would want to do more planning and research.” Andy hopes William wasn’t in any trouble.

“I’m one hundred percent sure. I have been dreaming about what we could find.” William was excited and wanted to check and see if the information was true.

“Alright, let me make some arrangements and we’ll leave tomorrow. While we are waiting to hear back from my contacts. Why don’t you show me the sights?” A smile appears on his face.

“Alright, I’ll let my supervisor know I am taking a few days off.” William walks out of the office to track down his supervisor.

Andy makes a few phone calls while he is gone.

up
255 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ripples in time

have to be building to tsunami proportions.Wonder if the time lords will respond?

Or they may be non-existant

WillowD's picture

Another possibility is that any time the time stream could choose from two or more probabilities it chooses all of them, resulting in multiple streams. And then, of course, there is the infinite improbability drive..... Snerk.

I am so loving this story.

Different travel path

I'm afraid any attempt to use the infinite improbability drive is not going to result in time-travel but will instead involve visits to courts deciding over copyright issues.

Hugs,

Kimby