Avenging Angel Chap. 4

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Caution: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Elements: 

TG Themes: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 

Gypsy pushes the cart with the damaged chest pieces towards their research lab at Penn State. She had so much fun at the party Pat invited her too. She met a lot of nice people there and enjoyed herself.

She sets the ruin chest pieces up so, Pat could examine them. She already knew how to fix some of the problems they found during the weapon testing, but there was no way of increasing the armor without sacrificing movement. After she finishes setting the chest plates up.

Gypsy heads back down to her car and pulls the prototype gauss rifle she constructed. She finished working on it last night after she got home from the party. She sets it up and the ammo she made for it. She melted down the metal and poured the molten metal into a mold that form the ammo into an aerodynamic shape.

After Gypsy has everything set-up. She goes and grabs a coffee. She normally stopped at Starbuck’s and grabs a coffee or make one at home. This morning she did neither. She wanted to get to their research lab and set things up before Pat got in.

She heads towards the coffee machine they had in the break area and buys herself a cup of coffee. As she is standing around watching the other students. She spots another team that was working on a project for the military. She wasn’t sure what they were working on, but they did have a grant from DARPA as well.

She watches as the other group grab some snacks from the snack machine and leave the break area. They had a four-man group and the leader of their group was as smart as her and Patrick. His name was Andy Mario Poffo and was the grandson of a famous wrestler. The rest of his team were nice people. She didn’t know any of them personally. Just what she has observed of them and what she heard about them.

Gypsy heads back to her lab and spot Pat looking at the chest armor. She takes a sip of her coffee.

“The welts on them don’t like too bad and the form metal worked out wonderfully.” She walks over and stands at their workbench.

“What did you throw at them?” Pat looks towards her.

“Tungsten rounds and depleted uranium rounds. Harry managed to get his hands on some to test against the armor with a freaking mini-gun.”
Gypsy still couldn’t believe that he brought a mini-gun to fire against the armor.

“Harry fired a mini-gun at the chest piece?” Pat was shocked as well.

“Yep. By the way, who were we going to ask to wear the armor and test the jetpack?” Gypsy knew Pat and she hadn’t talked about it.

“I don’t know. I figure DARPA would assign someone to test our equipment.” Pat hadn’t really thought about it much.

“Well, Frank gave me a name of a person that we could ask to test our stuff.” Gypsy pulls out the business card that Frank gave her with the name written on the back of it.

“Who is the person?” Pat would like to know who the person is.

Gypsy turns the card over to look at the name Frank gave her. Sergeant Major Nathan Washington.

“According to what Frank wrote, his name is Sergeant Major Nathan Washington. Frank said he likes testing new technology.” Gypsy watches as Pat picks up the test Gauss Rifle.

“We’ll have to see if he’ll be willing to test the armor. If he agrees, we’ll have to get his measurements.” As he looks at the rifle.

“Alright, I’ll call him tomorrow. So, what do you think of the prototype?” Gypsy watched as Pat became familiar with the rifle.

"It's heavy, but I didn't think you would be able to construct it." Pat was holding the Gauss Rifle.

“That’s just the prototype. I custom made the rounds for it.” Gypsy hasn’t tried it out.

“Have you fired it yet?” Patrick would like to test it.

“Nope, not yet. However, if you turn the power down on it. We could test it here in the lab.” Gypsy wanted to test it.

Pat thinks about it “I think we should take it to your friend’s gun range and test it.”

“Okay, so any ideas on how we can protect the wearer of the armor better, without sacrificing mobility?” Gypsy had some ideas.

“I think I might have a few ideas.” He makes some notes.

Gypsy goes to work on the environment units the armors will have to keep the wearers cool and warm in cold environments. She tests the
exoskeleton units that the armor is going to be mounted on. So, far everything was working fine.

“The exoskeleton frame is working.” Gypsy looks over towards Pat.

“Cool, how much do you think you can lift wearing it?” Pat walks over to examine it.

“I’m thinking 10x times what the wearer is capable of.” Gypsy did the math in her head.

“How fast can the wearer run?” Pat was hoping it was fast.

“25 mph. and can carry 150 lbs.” Gypsy hopes her math was right.

“Wow, so altogether. The armor should come in weighing 30lbs. total.” Patrick couldn’t believe how capable the armor was going to be.

“Yep and don’t forget about the jetpack. The one we built weighs only 10 lbs and the one we ordered comes in at 25 lbs total. Also, the running
speed will be reduced with the other jetpack. Mainly, because of the wings.” Gypsy knew the wings of the other jetpack will slowly the wearer down.

“Does that weight include the batteries for the body armor?” Pat was writing everything down.

“Yep, the batteries come in at 2 pounds each. Since were using the equivalent of four batteries.” Gypsy and Pat specially design the batteries for the body armor with help from Tesla.

“How much do you think the rifle will weigh after you construct it?” Pat looks at the prototype Gypsy designed.

“16 lbs. total. That’s with ammo and everything.” Gypsy made the rounds for the Gauss Rifle with weight to damage, but light enough for flight.

“Let’s lock everything up and go get some lunch.” Gypsy had glanced at the clock and notices it around 2:30 pm.

“Sounds good to me. Where do you want to go for lunch?” As Pat locks away the third hard drive and all the items they were working on.

“How about The Golden Dragon? They have a buffet we can have.” Gypsy backs up her and Pat’s research on their hard drives.

They head towards The Golden Dragon restaurant for lunch.

up
257 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The design is almost ready for prime time

where other smart people start trying to improve on it and in some cases steal ideas for their creations, much like how they got the foamed alloy armor.Ever hear of dragon skin Armor?It is a study in the dark side of the good old boy network in our government.

Yup.

WillowD's picture

And seeing as how a certain author went out of the way to point out that there is another funded research team nearby that is working on "something" and that we know almost nothing about beyond the fact that they are "nice guys" I'm guessing steal.

We have so many dark and

We have so many dark and black experimental programs going on within our government, in ALL the branches of the military and other parts of the government; we may never know just how much money has been granted, used, wasted, and created fabulous working ideas and equipment.
I have contended for many years, that once and if our government tells us about a black project, such as a aircraft, re: F-117, B-2 and so forth, that means they have something much, much more potent on the drawing boards or are indeed building it already, if not already flying and testing it.