SWTOR: The Wish of One Affected the Other: Tython 3

Printer-friendly version

The Cave and the Fields

Getting close to the cave that held the generator was harder than the supply cave. I was able to sneak by the first few patrols, but once near the entrance it was one battle after another. My comm was linked into my headset, but I didn't hear any chatter. Only the last few raiders gave me a challenge. I was now tired for the first time in days, but it was a good tired. Not one born of exhaustion. Walking up to the computer terminal my memory started to label controls and dials. A few buttons later the holo crackled as Bengel Morr appeared.

"Hmm, You must be the Padawan who slaughters my people. Your misguided attacks change nothing. Your time is over." Bengel Morr stated as I finished. I looked at him and smiled hearing the generators powering down.

"Bengel darling I have just begun to bother you. Master Orgus is looking for you and soon he will standing behind you." T'aa replied. She smiled as his head half turned.

"Good try, Orgus won't find me. I'll find him. You executed my apprentice, Callef. I can feel his death on you. I spent years training him. He was a good man, a principled man. Proud of yourself?" Bengel asked.

"Wow and I thought I broke the script, that or you felt him fart or something. Bengel Morr, Callef is alive. He wasn't even strong enough to resist a Force push." I countered. "And no I am not going to surrender to any inevitability."

"Very cleaver figuring out what I was going to say next. No matter, every so called Jedi on Tython is going to die. That is a promise." he threatened. "You're entire order is weak. You've done nothing to stop the Sith Empire's advances."

"I am just getting started, so don't give in to your hatred for something you couldn't control. They hurt you, but you have grown stronger. You just need to use that strength in another way. Let us help you." T'aa urged. His snarl told her he wasn't listening. "I am no coward if that is what you think. I hope you have been counting the amount of Flesh Raiders I have taken down. I think the number is over three hundred by now."

"I'm the only true Jedi left in the galaxy." Bengel stated. "Enjoy this little victory it is your last." He cut the signal and I smiled. He just didn't get it. He didn't stand a chance of winning. I was going to win any fight he planned. I tossed a thermal grenade into the console before leaving the cave. I couldn't get Master Orgus, so I headed back to the village. I came in the office and saw Ranna sitting there.

"I'm glad you are up. The mission to shut down the energy shield went easily enough, any word from Master Orgus?" I asked.

"No. My mother... she found peace during your absence. I'm now Matriarch." Ranna revealed.

"I am so sorry, Ranna, but your people are in good hands." I stated. "I had my doubts about you, but you have shown that you are strong."

"Thank you. Before he left he told me. There is no death there is only the Force." Ranna replied. "He believes our essence lives on when we die and merges with the Force. I hope that is true."

"It is and remembering her is the best way to keep part of her alive in your heart." I suggested.

"Matriarch! Flesh Raiders broke through our defenses. They did something to our crop fields!" Eseni yelled as she ran in. "They dropped strange machines in the soil. When a scout approached one. He collapsed with sickness. He crawled away from the device and began to recover, but there are many machines out there."

"Pull your people away from the fields I will get rid of the devices." I declared. "Now show me where."

"Be careful. If the machines are too powerful, save yourself." Ranna urged. "Hurry to the fields I feel we don't have much time." I was guided to the fields and Cort followed me thereafter we passed each other. We fought the Flesh Raiders and destroyed the devices one by one. I had to shake my head once they were all destroyed. The game only had three, but we had found nearly fifty. Then again these were real fields and not some garden plot.

"That is the last of them. I have my own mission, but I couldn't let you go out there alone." Cort stated.

"Thank you, I needed the help." I replied and then I hugged him. It was short, and it confused both of us as he blushed. "I need to get back. Call me if you need help. I will come if I can."

"I just need to get some gear and I will be off." Cort replied. "See you soon." Hmm, Cort is actually cute when he blushes I thought. I shook my head as I headed back to Ranna.

"I've destroyed the machines poisoning your crops." I reported as I came up in front of her.

"I saw how you suffered out there. What you did was more than brave, it was heroic." Ranna declared. "Since you came here, all you've done is risk your life to save us. Why would you face death again and again for people you barely know?"

"I do this that you may survive. I do this that others can provide a better defense elsewhere in the village. I do this to show you strength and that you must fight for yourselves. It is my order's greatest honor. We protect and serve others who can not." I explained.

"You serve your ideals well. Please accept this token of affection from my people." Ranna stated. "You've earned it." She hands me a package. "I should tell my people that the danger is over." I held the package as she walked away. It felt nice to be appreciated. My comm chimed and Master Orgus appeared as soon as it rose to eye level.

"Finally put them out of commission. The shields went down as soon as we got there. How are things on your end?" Orgus asked.

"I had a conversation with Bengel Morr. He wants to destroy us. He thinks we are too weak. He plans to build a stronger order to go against the Sith." I replied.

"Then he's not Sith himself. If I can get to him, reason with him..." he pondered. "At the command base, I found coordinates to a number of secret camps. Too many to send only Masters. One camp is in the ruins of Upper Kaleth. That patrol you fought earlier was based there. Now's your chance to finish them off."

Laotah's Lightsaber and the Trap

"Roger that. I am on the way, Master. I'll holo when I have the base cleared." I replied. "May the Force be with you, and be careful with Bengel." He nodded as he cut the transmission. Again I was running out to the next battle. Finding Cort with Qyzen Fess was a nice surprise as we both entered the tunnel.

"Hello T'aa this is Qyzen Fess. Qyzen this is T'aa Onasi." Cort introduced after cutting down the last droid.

"An honor to meet a fellow hunter. I can see the Scorekeeper favors you." Qyzen stated. You have many points gathered.

"An honor to meet you as well." T'aa replied. "Cort I think our quests will merge here. I am going to Upper Kaleth are you heading that way?"

"We are." Cort stated. We entered the cave and right away we found a downed Selkath Jedi. Cort didn't say a thing, as he began to heal him.

"Padawans turn back. Leave this place, leave me, I am dying." Laotah warned. "Flesh Raiders in this ruin. More powerful than we've seen."

"Master Orgus sent me to drive them back." I countered. "Rest easy Cort will heal you."

"No. These ones control the Force." Laotah warned. Cort helped him sit, and he paused as his healing began to take effect. "Surveillance monitors picked up raiders entering the ruin, Came to investigate. Shouldn't have come alone. This place, strong in the dark side. They channel their hatred here, feed on the darkness. They grow powerful."

"Powerful or not there is no one else coming. Rest Cort will help you, Laotah." I replied.

"Turn back. The enemy's too strong. They have my lightsaber..." Laotah said as he faded into unconsciousness.

"Go it will take time to heal his wounds." Cort urged. "Qyzen help her if you want."

"Will be an honor." he replied. I fought these Force users, and they were strong, but not nearly as fast. Qyzen held his own as well, and it wasn't long before we faced the last group. Cort ran up as I was about to attack. I hoped Laotah was safe. Qyzen and I jumped at nearly the same time. The light stun of our jumps held them long enough for me to slam the ground with the Force. They went flying and Qyzen smashed one on the head. I heard his growl like laughter. Cort was able to keep down the other raider as I traded blows with the lightsaber wielding raider. He must have been one of his people's, best fighters and finally I had a challenge. I couldn't block him directly as the beast was too strong. However, he was slow as well and I flew around him with both blades flashing. Cort sent a large boulder at him that smashed him back and a torrent of stones after that. I locked blades with him, and he was forcing me down. I need to get out, but I couldn't. Then he weakened releasing his push and stepping back. Two swift strikes removed his arms. Qyzen slammed him in the chest with his staff, and he went down. Cort gave the killing blow as he drove his blade through his head. I picked up the fallen lightsaber.

"Laotah will need this back." I stated.

"He will, let's get back to him and out of here." Cort suggested. I pulled out my comm and Master Orgus answered.

"Master the camp is cleared, but they were all Force users. They nearly killed a Jedi named Laotah. He needs an evac." I reported.

"I'll send the signal to have him picked up. Just got a distress call from the Twilek settlement. They spotted Bengel Morr!" Orgus revealed. "Our forces are spread out dealing with the secret camps. We're the only ones who can handle this. I'm on my way to the settlement meet me there."

"Don't..." the transmission ended as I tried to warn him. I cursed which made Cort look at me. "Let's get Laotah out of here." I ran all the way back to the entrance. Laotah was resting peacefully as I past him. I forgot what I said just moments before. Cort and Qyzen saw me jump on my speeder and rocket out of the area.

"She hunts bigger prey." Qyzen stated. I thought of several ways to handle the trap and the best one would be to wear the helm. I didn't like the thing, but my head was the only exposed section of my skin. I barely stopped to get the helm as I jumped off and back on again to the speeder before racing thought the streets. I burst into the office. Slowing to a walk before I rounded the corner. My full armor shocked Ranna.

"Master Orgus responded to your distress call. I was to meet him here. What happened to him?" I asked as I marched up to Ranna. My senses spread out and I could feel the three close by. I decided to play along.

"Nothing. We didn't send any distress call." Ranna replied. "Things have been quiet here, since you left." I could feel the lie as she spoke it. Too bad she couldn't see the frown on my face as she turned around. "I haven't seen or spoken to Master Orgus."

"T7 = scanning area. Stand by... ...Confirmed. Master Orgus not in settlement. Not answering holocom." T7 reported.

"Master Orgus should have gotten here ahead of me." T'aa replied.

"T7, contact Jedi Temple?"

"I'm sure it is a misunderstanding. Your master will show up." Ranna countered. "Why don't you stay..." I jumped back and activated my lightsabers as a dart flew my way. The three Twileks revealed themselves, as the dart burned harmlessly against one blade. T7's shield went up, but it didn't save him against the ion gun's discharge. I reached out and pushed all three against the wall and ripped their weapons out of their hands.

"Stop it! What are you doing?" Ranna questioned.

"Protecting myself from your trap." I stated. "Now you three better start talking. Where is Master Orgus?" The three shook in fear as they hung on the wall. Moorint sighed.

"Handing over the master wasn't enough. Bengel Morr wants his Padawan to die, her."

"I told you to leave her alone, as it was not part of the pact!" Ranna countered.

"Bengel Morr refused your terms. This is to save our people!" Moorint stated. "Bengel Morr came to me. Said he'd end the attacks if we gave him your Master."

"He asked us to kill you too, but I said no. I told him we'd keep you here." Ranna explained. "You'd be safe, and we would have a protector."

"If we don't do this, he will kill us all." Moorint interrupted.

"You have failed and he will kill you anyways. He is the one who trained the Flesh Raiders. His goal is to ruin the Jedi Temple and this settlement. You have failed and believed a lie." I countered. "Where is my Master?" They stayed silent. I pulled the weapons to me and dropped the three. "Get out!" The three ran out the door, stumbling over each other.

"This was all a terrible mistake. It wasn't supposed to be like this. I was going to save you, save us all." Ranna explained. "You can still save him."

"I knew this, but some part of me thought that you wouldn't sacrifice your village." I replied. "Just tell me where he is."

"He took your Master to some place called the Forge. You can forgive me can't you?" Ranna asked.

"You were forgiven before it even happened. Ranna, learn from this. Your people come first, but sacrificing someone who is helping you become stronger is not the right thing to do. Sometimes strength comes from the inside and holding to your morals." I explained. "And sometimes a fight is the harder road to take. That is what you could have done, but I can fix this. See to your people, they need you and remember the Jedi will help if needed."

"I am so sorry. My people will hear of what has happened." Ranna replied. "You need to find your Master." Ranna tried to walk away as I grabbed her hand as I took my helm off. I then found myself kissing her deeply. This took my breath away as much as it took hers. I let her go, and we spent several seconds searching each others eyes. She then blushed before running out. I spent several minutes getting T7's power to come back on while I thought about what I just did.

"Power failure, missing time."

"Bengel Morr has Master Orgus. Ranna said he is at the Forge, can you find out where it is?" I asked.

"T7 = has no data on location. Jedi Archive Droid A-4PO = data on Forge. Contacting A-4PO now." The holocom beeped and the droid's image flickered to life.

"I am A-4PO, jedi archivist. How may I help you?"

"Transmit everything about the Forge to my droid T7." I explained. "Master Orgus has been captured. Inform the other Masters when they become available. I need this data now." The droid paused for a second.

"What terrible news. The area is highly dangerous. The temple Masters will most likely not be able to assist you." A-4PO stated. "Transmitting data now."

"T7= receiving files. T7 = show you the way."

Bengel Morr and Nalen

"Then let's not waste any time." I stated. We both rushed out and Cort met us at the tent.

"I just got word that you have the location of the Forge. My Master and I believe that Nalen Raloch will destroy the Forge." Cort explained.

"Wait didn't we capture him?" I asked.

"He escaped. Been meaning to let you know." Cort replied.

"Great that just made things worse. Come on we need speed over stealth." I stated as I jumped in a bigger speeder. T7 rolled in on the heels of Qyzen and Cort. I pressed the ignite button, and we rocketed up and over most of the buildings.

"No way to fly closer = mountains too high. Must use cave." T7 reported.

"Then we shall walk." Cort replied. Walking wasn't really what we did. We fought, ran, and jumped through the cave system. Cort found a crystal that would be perfect for his saber. I smiled in agreement as we continued. The closer we got to the Forge the stronger the Raiders got. Not just in fighting ability, but in the Force as well. I wondered where the beast was when Cort found his crystal, but I didn't mind not having to face such a creature. We had enough problems with the Raiders working with the droids. Finally, we cleared out the last of the enemy.

"So this is the Forge?" Cort asked. "Wait there is two of them?"

"Well I guess they needed more, then again, there is more than two. Maybe there are many from the looks of the terrain." I suggested seeing many different stairways built along the cliff face. The one they faced was the one we wanted. I saw Master Orgus slammed against the steps as we rushed up.

"I sensed you coming. Your fear betrayed you. Your weak like my old Master. You will fall, with him." Bengel stated as he turned around. Nalen smiled as he said this. Though the three that were with him, laid on the ground in fear.

"What happened to you on Coruscant was terrible, but no reason to turn against the Jedi. Why?" I asked.

"Not the Jedi... the sick, spineless cowards that have taken their place. The traitors who let the Sith slaughter millions. You weren't on Coruscant. You never saw our greatest cut down or watched the temple burn." Morr explained. "I escaped that destruction to see my own Master surrender to the Sith. They exterminated us, and he gave up."

"Like you will give up on us settlers." Nalen added. Both Bengel and I gave him a dirty look.

"You're wrong about Master Orgus. He is training me to defeat the Sith." I declared.

"Weapons are only as strong as the ones who created them. The weak will be sacrificed today to make the Forge stronger." Bengel countered.

"You said I could destroy it." Nalen hissed.

"Silence apprentice." Bengel ordered. "The Jedi Order must be reborn from the ashes." Bengel attacked and I defended. Nalen jumped in and Cort was hard-pressed to defend against him. T7 took some of the pressure off by holding one of the Raiders at bay as well as Qyzen taking the other. Faced only with Bengel, I increased the speed at which we fought turning the defensive stance I had to full Ataru and putting Bengel on the defensive. I didn't know if seconds, minutes, or hours went by, but I breathed hard when Bengel finally went to his knees. I felt Cort as he gave me strength. The raiders were dead and Nalen was out cold at his feet.

"You have won. Why has the Force guided me to this defeat? You're stronger than any Jedi I have known. You could redeem the order and destroy the Sith." Bengel wondered. "I understand, you are the weapon I came to forge."

"I don't think so. Your destiny is to come back to the order. Lend your strength once you are whole again." T'aa countered. "That is the truth you must face. I have not wavered in my struggles. I have not resorted to anger or fear or hate like you have. Think on these things for you have served just one purpose, and that is to close an old man's wounded heart." I hit him hard knocking him out. We had won, but the fighting had just begun. Bengel Morr was holding most of the Flesh Raiders he had gathered back. They hit Kalikori village at nightfall. Every Master, Knight, and Padawan had joined the villagers including Master Satele. After a week Republic troops came down and pushed out every Flesh Raider for fifty kilometers, or they died. It truly was a sad event. A necessity knowing how the Flesh Raiders believed. From the one Raider that had joined the order we understood that they wouldn't fear us, but respect the temple for our strength.

Nearly a month had gone by since I came to Tython. Just now I was on my last mission. Not that I needed to make my own blade. I took apart the two blades I had and then attuned myself to each of the crystals inside. I also added one more feature to the hilts as I could lock them together like a dual saber. I was a Sentinel, but also a Guardian. Cort was a Sage as much as he was a Shadow. We shared quests and skills. Together we had proven stronger still. Both of us Qyzen respected, but he only called Cort Herald. I was happy enough with the title, Hero of Tython. When we faced the council it went much like it did in the game except for what I had changed. This time Cort was with me and after we both were given the rank of knight she passed out unable to control her growing sickness. I watched Cort and Master Yuon leave the chamber.

up
71 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Using the arrow symbols

Sara Hawke's picture

Sorry i didn't know that anything surrounded by the arrow symbols would hide the text in between. This chapter is fixed.

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Contemplation, yet duty
Death, yet the Force.
Light with dark, I remain Balanced.