K&P Services Chapter 7

Printer-friendly version

“Pauline, forget about the back roads. It seems they already know what route we are traveling. Get us to the interstate.” Kat wanted to drop Sebastião off as quickly as possible.

The job was turning into a major headache. The company has already lost two SUV’s and a mole had been planted among them. She just hopes they don’t try to take the girls as a hostage, whoever they are.

“You do know that will draw attention to us?” Paul looks at his wife.

“Yes, I know. The thing is, maybe it will keep these pricks from attacking us out in the public. I thought taking the back roads would offer us some sort of protection, but it didn’t.” Kat looks over towards Sebastião and wanted to kill him herself.

“Well, I hope whatever you have in mind works, Kat. Because it won’t take us long to get to the prison taking the Interstate.” Pauline knew the Interstate was the fastest route to take.

Kat was watching the road and vehicles around them as they head down the interstate. She was on high alert as they traveled. She was keeping her eyes out for anything suspicious.

Paul kept glancing over towards Sam and their prisoner. He felt the same way Kat did. They needed to get both men to the SuperMax prison.

Crystal and Valentina were wondering if the people who have been trying to stop them, are going to try again. So, far they have tried twice to get their prisoner and each time they have failed in their efforts.

As they get closer to the Super Max. Explosions start going off around them.

“What the hell?” Pauline was avoiding the explosions as they accorded near the outside of the Terradyne.

“What the hell is attacking us.” Kat was holding onto the suicide handle as Pauline avoided the explosions.

“Um, Kat. Why is an Apache attack helicopter firing at us?” Crystal had spotted it out the back window of the Terradyne.

Paul turns and looks out the back window of the Terradyne and spots the Apache coming towards them “Pauline, gets us the hell out of here.”

Pauline steps on the gas just as the 30mm automatic cannon starts firing at the Terradyne. She avoids getting hit as she weaves in and out of traffic. A nearby eighteen-wheeler gets hit by the rounds from the Apache.

“Damn! They really mean business this time. Where in the hell did they get an Apache helicopter?” Crystal was curious.

“It doesn’t have our military markings on it, so it’s not one of ours.” Paul didn’t see any markings on it that said it was one of theirs.

That meant it had to have come off the black market or from another country that they sold them too. Paul braces himself as Pauline zigged around another eighteen-wheeler that had Walmart on the side of it. The eighteen-wheeler explodes next to them.

“Pauline, we need to find some cover from that Apache and its weapons.” Kat couldn’t believe they were using a damn Apache against them.

“Why don’t you call the Airforce or 911, Kat?” Pauline was doing everything she could to keep them from getting hit.

Kat calls 911 and reports that an Apache attack helicopter was chasing them down the Interstate. At first, the 911 operator didn’t believe her till they started receiving other calls. Kat felt an explosion as something hit next to the Terradyne. The side of the Terradyne lifted off the ground.

Pauline couldn't avoid the explosions as it lifted the side of the Terradyne up on two wheels. She manages to keep the Terradyne up on two wheels and bring it back down on all four wheels safely. She couldn’t believe she did what she did. Sure, she has had some stunt driving
training, but she didn’t think the Terradyne could do what it did.

“Paul, do we have any weapons that will be affected against the Apache?” Kat turns and looks towards her husband.

“We just have the 40mm grenade launcher, but we would have to open the roof hatch to fire at it.” Whoever fired at the Apache would be exposed.

“Whatever you are going to do, you better do it now. We’re running low on fuel.” Pauline has been watching the fuel gauge.

The last time they stopped for fuel, she filled up. However, they had to backtrack to get to the interstate. She hopes they have enough to make it to a gas station.

“Kat, there are some fighter jets intercepting the Apache.” Valentina saw a fighter jet fly by the Apache.

“Thank god.” Pauline was happy she didn’t have to drive like a mad woman anymore.

There were some close calls that they could have been hit. She spots a gas station and pulls off the interstate. She pulls the Terradyne into the gas station and cut it off.

“Paul, Crystal, stay and watch our prisoners. Valentina with me.” Kat waits for Valentina to join her.

Valentina jumps out of the Terradyne and joins Kat. They start heading inside to pre-pay for the gas and grab a few items for the team.

“Are you alright Valentina?” Kat knew last time she lost her bladder.

“I’m fine, Kat.” Valentina grabs a few bottles of water and soda for everyone.

Valentina grabs a few bags of healthy snacks. She just stops as it finally hits her what they went through. She glances over towards Kat and wonders how she can remain so calm and at ease. She knew Kat was tough and survived being nearly killed in Memphis.

Kat takes a deep breath and was totally alert to everything around her. She was keeping a close eye on Pauline and the Terradyne as she pumped the fuel into it. She doesn’t know how many more high-risk jobs she can take. Who in their right minds sends a freaking Apache after people and how did they get one?

Kat spots Valentina just standing at the potato chip and snack aisle. She wonders what she was thinking as she just stood there. Kat walks over towards her.

“Penny for your thoughts?”

Valentina turns towards Kat when she hears her voice “sorry, Kat. I was just thinking about what we went through.”

“I know, and I don’t blame you. Things have gotten more complicated since Paul and I started the Bounty Hunting business.” Kat wonders sometimes, why she kept doing this.

“How do you deal with this madness and remain sane?” Valentina would love to know how Kat managed to remain sane.

“Easy, I have four children and a husband to drive me insane. What we went through is child’s play when your use to dealing with teenage girls, a husband and two-year old’s.” Kat was glad she had Paul and the girls to help her through some of her nightmares.

They make their purchases and head back out to the Terradyne. Kat looks towards Crystal and her husband “if you need to take a break stop. Now, is the time.”

“I’m fine honey.” Paul had taken his helmet off to speak to his wife.

“I’m fine too, boss.” Crystal takes her helmet off. She had just finished talking to Brittney and seeing if she was alright.

“Kat, we might have a problem. Those explosions that occurred near us, might have damaged something under our chassis.” Pauline found a few pieces of shrapnel embedded in the armor of the Terradyne.

“Did you see anything leaking?” This was the last thing Kat needed, was for the Terradyne to be damage.

“No, but there was plenty of shrapnel on the side and under the Terradyne.” Pauline shows Kat the pieces she managed to pull out with her fingers.

Kat looks at the pieces “I can’t wait till we get Sebastião at the Maximum-security prison.”

up
232 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

At this point

the US government is going to be very interested in the perps.

Kind of dumb

Jamie Lee's picture

Using that much fire power to stop the vehicle was rather stupid, as who they wanted to free could have been killed had there been a direct hit on the vehicle.

Others have feelings too.