K&P Services Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version

Marshal Bullock was watching the news footage in his office of an Apache helicopter firing at Kat’s Terradyne. Whoever was driving it, was doing a good job of avoiding the attacks from the helicopter. He wanted to know who the hell they were and where they got such hardware.
He picks up his cell phone and calls Kat. This simple prisoner transfer was turning into a mess.

Gas Station:
Kat and Valentina were checking out when her cell phone rings. She pulls it out of her web belt pouch and looks at the number being display. It was US Marshal Bullock’s number.

“Hey Bullock, what can I do for you?” Kat pays for their purchases as they walk out to the Terradyne.

“I’m calling to see if everyone is okay. Your little firefight on the interstate is on national News.” Bullock was still watching it.

“Damn! That means if they have someone watching us, they might have someone watching my family. Can you send someone to protect them?” Kat was sending a warning text message to her girls, her big sister and her brother.

“I can send someone to protect your sister and brother. Who are your girls staying with?” Bullock didn’t think he could get away with sending a third team out.

“They are staying with my brother Ben and his wife.” Whenever Kat left the girls along. They were either watched by her brother or her older sister.

“Let me see if I can get you guys some help. Give me twenty minutes and I’ll call you back.” Bullock figures since Kat and her crew have worked with the Bounty’s. They would be a good choice to send and help them.

“Alright, call me back.” Kat ends the call.

Marshal Office, Knoxville, Tenn.:
Bullock dials the Bounty residence. He figures Julia and Gina might be home or their father might know where they are.

Bounty residence:
Haylee had come home from summer camp and was running towards the kitchen when the phone started to ring in the kitchen. She stops and picks it up.

“Hello, Bounty residence. Haylee speaking, how can I help you?” Haylee has been working on her phone manners.

“Hi Haylee, this is US Marshal Bullock. Can I speak with Jack Bounty, please?” Bullock figures he’ll talk to Jack first.

“Sure, GRANDPA, TELEPHONE!” Haylee calls for her grandfather.

A smile appears on Bullock’s face. His own niece did the same thing when he called to talk to his sister. He also didn’t know Jack had grandchildren. He knew he had daughters, but not grandchildren.

Jack was in his office when he heard Haylee yell for him. He was going to have to talk to her later about yelling in the house. He picks the handset up in his office “Haylee, I have the phone.”

“Okay, grandpa.”

Jack hears Haylee hang the phone up. Jack just shakes his head “Jack here, what can I do for you?”

“Mr. Bounty, this is Marshal Bullock. I don’t know if you remember me, but I need to speak to your daughters Julia and Gina.”

“I remember you, Mr. Bullock. You and your partner were at the hospital where my girls and niece were, and where the bounty hunting team
were. Unfortunately, neither of my two girls are available right now. Julia is in California working with the Los Angeles Police Department and
Gina is on vacation with her little girl. If you don’t mind me asking, why do you need them?” Jack was curious why a US Marshal would want Julia and Gina’s help.

“I was hoping I could ask them to protect Kat and her family while they are in Colorado doing a job for the US Marshal service.” Bullock didn’t mind telling Mr. Bounty why he needed his daughters.

“Let me recommend someone who lives in the area. They are a sister and brother team that has done some work for me. They can be
trusted.” Jack flips through his Rolodex to get their number.

“Who are they?” Bullock figures it wouldn’t hurt to have someone not related to the Marshal service look after Kat’s family.

He spots their names “Mickey and Lisa Harvey. They own Black Jack Bond Service. Their number is 731-594-8349. You can trust them to watch Kat’s family.”

“Thanks, Mr. Bounty.” Bullock hasn’t heard of them before.

“No problem. If you need any more help, feel free to call me.” As an evil smile appears on his face.

Bullock ends the call and calls Black Jack Bond Service.

Black Jack Bond Service:
Debbie was typing up an invoice when the office phone starts ringing. She looks at the caller ID and wonders why the US Marshal service was calling them as she picks the phone up.

“Black Jack Bond Service, Debbie speaking. How can I help you?” Debbie finishes the invoice and prints it.

“Hello, I’m US Deputy Marshal Edward Bullock and I would like to talk to Mickey and Lisa Harvey if they are available.” Bullock wonders how Jack knows these two.

“Mr. Harvey is available, but Mrs. Harvey isn’t available right now.” Debbie knew she was visiting a friend of hers in the hospital that had been in a car accident.

“Mr. Harvey will be fine.” Bullock figure Mickey could answer for them.

“Please hold, while I transfer your call.” Debbie puts Bullock on hold while she transferred the call to Mickey, who was in the garage tuning up his modified Dodge Ram pick-up truck.

Mickey was bent over the front of his Dodge Ram when the telephone in the garage rings. He stops what he is doing and grabs a rag to clean his hands. He had one more spark plug to replace.

He picks the telephone up “Black Jack Bond company, Micky speaking. How can I help you?”

“Mr. Harvey, my name is Us Deputy Marshal Edward Bullock. I would like to hire you for a protection job.”

“We don’t do protection jobs, Mr. Bullock. We do skip tracing and bounty hunting jobs.” Micky keeps cleaning his hands.

“A person I know by the name of Jack Bounty says you and your sister are very good. He suggested you and your sister to me for a protection job in Knoxville.” Bullock wonders if he made a mistake.

“Mr. Bounty suggested you call us?” Mickey knew he still owed Jack and his partner Cheshire for saving them and for bringing in the people responsible for killing their parents.

“Yes, he did. I need you and your sister to protect the family members of Kat Sedberry- Romano. She is handling a dangerous job for us. I
believe that the person her and her crew are transporting might try something against her family. I need for you and your sister to protect them.” Bullock should have seen this happening.

“Since Mr. Bounty suggested you call us, we’ll take the job. Send us the information and pictures of who we are protecting.” Mickey will have to call his sister.

“What is your email?” Bullock grabs a pencil to write it down.

“Before you send it. I’m sending you our encryption key right now.” Mickey sends their encryption code to Mr. Bullock.

Bullocks hear his phone beep. He sends the file to his computer. It had the return email address.

“You’ll have the file in a few minutes.” Bullock walks over and sends the file he had on Kat’s family to Mickey.

Debbie hears a beep on her computer letting her know she received an email. She saw it was from the Marshal service. She hears the door behind her open.

“I guess this email is for you Micky.” As she spots Micky with his cell phone next to his ear.

“Yep.” Mickey opens it. He saw that it had everything he needed.

“I got it, Mr. Bullock. I and my sister will get on it, right away.” Mickey has seen Kat and her partner on television.

“Thanks. Keep me updated on any problems you encounter.” Marshal Bullock ends the call

Mickey looks towards Debbie “send a text to Lisa and tell her we have a job.”

“Okey-doke, boss.” As a playful smile appears on Debbie’s face.

up
251 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Things are getting interesting.

WillowD's picture

I seem to say this a lot on BCTS but I am definitely looking forward to finding out what comes next.

Favors

Jamie Lee's picture

Sometimes owing a favor can be useful, as in this case. But will the two be enough to fight off those who use Apache helicopters to achieve their goals? If they're willing to use that much fire power might they use even more going after Kat's family?

Others have feelings too.